AF needs funding again

Photo

Fur?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you prefer real fur, no fur, or fake fur? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you prefer real fur, no fur, or fake fur?

1. Real Animal Fur (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Fake Animal Fur (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. No Fur (15 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 rabbitinpumpkin

rabbitinpumpkin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1007 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:01 AM

I hate seeing animals killed to make fur for rich people.
But at the same time is it okay with some AF members?

I prefer no fur or at best, fake fur.

Some of you may think it's okay, please let us know why!

#2 MiStlCglRL

MiStlCglRL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:22 AM

I think death for fashion is wrong. Why should animals have to die so you would have something to throw on your back? I don't think fur looks good anyways. After you see how the animals are killed for their furs, you'd probably wouldn't think it looks good either. If you MUST wear fur, why not wear fake ones? It's not like there's a big difference between fake and real fur anyways, cept for the fact that no animal had to die for it.

#3 pinkypiggy

pinkypiggy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:36 AM

It's a disgrace to human picking on helpless animals by skinning them and wearing it around. How about the animals do that to them?

#4 rabbitinpumpkin

rabbitinpumpkin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1007 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Just to further update y'all with info..

Animal rights is the belief animals should be given equal rights as humans.
I am not really wild about this idea as it's fairly extremist.
I think the media overdoes it by grouping anybody interested in the ethical and humane treatment of animals.

http://en.wikipedia..../Animal_welfare

Animal Welfare however concentrates more on the well-being of animals.

I'd really like to hear more of other people's ideas on it and their belief behind it.
No bashing allowed here.

as stated previously I'm against real fur, but I also happen to eat meat.
I guess I'm against the unnecessary killing of certain animals that we don't eat in the first place.

I have a sheepskin rug, but it was killed for food too so I don't find anything wrong with that.

#5 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:56 PM

I don't understand how people can be so damn cruel. Do they like it if they get skinned alive themselves??!! And I can't understand one thing. Why do they have to skin them alive? Sometimes I think the human race is a disgrace (and yes, I'm aware that I'm a human). We are killing just about everything on this planet.

#6 Boo

Boo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:27 AM

I dont like real fur, the way they skin the animal are not right I once watched how people do it and it turned my stomach, the animals are not treated in a humane way. They lose their lives for some rich people to look good, I dont think they look good especially those still have the heads, limbs and tails still attached. We have clothes why do we still need animal's fur to keep us warm!

#7 zoey

zoey

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:13 AM

Don't kill me people but I'm for fur. I can't afford any fur yet, and is not planning to buy any fur. Aside from the skinning alive part which utterly disgusts me. I just think that I have a leather purse and that is the hide off some poor cow's back, and not too far back I've eaten a nice rack of piggy's ribs. I just don't see something really wrong, with killing a animal for fur or food. Yes we die without food and can live without fur. But I just like my down blanket that came from some poor dead goose.

Aside from the skinning alive part, I'm not that against people having fur. But I will strive to make myself a better person, and be a vegetarian in the future. Not likely but I will try.

Killing some poor fox for its fur isn't right, but neither is skinning a cow for leather jacket boots, jacket, purse, and of course filet mignon.. And I'm not about to give up the steak just yet.

#8 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

no fur....

#9 jackkool

jackkool

Novy's brown eyed B.F

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

Although I like and respect Animals they never will be on a par with human beings. Personally I don't wear fur. I'm against hunting a animal *just* for their fur.

I'm all for hunting if the whole animal is going to be used, not just their fur.

I voted no fur by btw

Edited by jackkool, 05 May 2005 - 07:54 PM.

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:41 AM

i just think it's really cruel to kill animals for their fur. it's not like we would die without wearing fur. so why do people keep wearing them?

and the issue with celebrities wearing and designing clothes with fur (ie J.Lo) really pisses off alot of people.

#11 starizblue

starizblue

I Hate Miserable People

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9578 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:21 AM

Topics that only invites a simple listing or to chose a few options are poll topics. These belongs to the poll section.

Read the FAQ for more information

#12 rabbitinpumpkin

rabbitinpumpkin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1007 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:41 AM

hrm...*shrug* okay I was just hoping to have more discussion on it but if thems the rools thems the roolz!!!

#13 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:18 AM

hmmmmm i dont know but my blood just boil wen i c or hear some1 killin an animal when they dont need to.....

like i mean why would pplz wanna kill an animal just for the Fur.....wen u dont really need it.....we can get fake fur......it not something that we really need for our servival is it....

n also.....i so hate ppplz who eat dogs....... >:) >:) ....cant stand that......why would u wanna eat a dog wen we have pork n other meat around.........

so i think real fur should b illigal.......n banned it all 2gether

#14 MadameMary

MadameMary

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I prefer real fur that is hunted by a hunter in the woods. ( which is quite common where i live. )
The animals get hunted to keep their numbers under control.

I HATE fur from fur farms.

Fake fur looks and feels weird..

#15 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

No fur.

#16 MadameMary

MadameMary

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

why would u wanna eat a dog wen we have pork n other meat around.........

Why anyone would say this is beyond me.
How is the dog's live worth any more or any less then a pig?

#17 ★cinnamon_coffee

★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1406 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Why anyone would say this is beyond me.
How is the dog's live worth any more or any less then a pig?

Exactly, it's really an act of hypocrisy when someone says "I love animals" but eats pork or other stuff, wears leather and fur at the same time, as if cats and dogs were for loving and pigs/cows for eating. Animals are animals. I eat meat sometimes and wear leather stuff but at least have enough self-conscience not to claim to be an animal-lover at the same time. I used to be a vegatarian for a short time a few years ago and it's left me sensitive to such issues, even though I eat meat.
And so happens that despite having no problem doing those 2 things mentioned above, I'm strongly against real fur and wouldn't ever buy anything with it.

#18 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

Spoiler

Edited by SnowQueenOfDarkness, 17 February 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#19 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Spoiler

So you mean having pigs and feeding them taking care of them everyday is not the same as dogs and cats? Come on you must be kidding me? For all i know, take in a pig and live with it play with it, it will have the same effect as a dog. Posted Image Just my two cents of words Posted Image

Edited by Vi Linh, 17 February 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#20 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Spoiler