Bjork
frou frou
Eminem
Black Eyed Peas
Garbage
Shena Ringo

Enjoys:
Chocolate Milk
Yogurt Drink (not sure what its called in english)
Chicken Wing
Sausage
Banana, Mango
Porsche 996
BMW M3
Mercedes Benz SL500

Biography
Her original name was Wong Oi Chi (王愛之) but her mother decided to change her Chinese name to Wong Yuen Chi when she was five. The fact is, that her original name is pronounced almost the same as the AIDS (Cantonese: Oi Chi). Wong won the CASH (Composers and Authors Society of Hong Kong) Song Writers Quest in 2000 with her Mandarin piece "It is just misunderstanding and not tragic at all" (是一個誤會沒甚麼可悲).

She signed for Universal Music (環球唱片) in 2004 as an all-round artist (composer, lyricist and singer). On 5 October 2004, she sang with Jacky Cheung (張學友) "I am really hurt" (我真的受傷了) in his live performance and started to become well-known.

In May 2005, her first EP album "Ivana Wong 王菀之" was launched and sales were good. Encouraged, the record company launched a second album "I Love My Name" in November 2005, calling the event "Having Two Babies in One Year" (一年抱兩).

Other than writing songs for herself, Wong has also composed several songs for various artists.

Edited by xbunnylicious, 23 November 2006 - 10:06 PM.

#2 Guest_holland_gurl_*

• Guests

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

she composes many of her songs, writes lyrics + she did this for many other artists too (jacky cheung, fiona sit,...) she plays piano

this year2005 newbies r reli talented (janice, kay tse,...)

• Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

she writes her own stuff and has the voice of an angel
check it out
this is her doing live for Sina

http://www3.telus.net/Pooner/mp3/2.wmv

#4 t00dles

iloveyous<3`

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:39 AM

yeh i totally agree wid alla of yu guys she does sounds like faye wong seems like shes very talented =)

#5 fiona0710

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:41 AM

Ivana sings really well, very high chance of winning the best new female singer at year end! Her CD is excellent too!

#6 Kit924

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 01:16 AM

really talented...love a lot of the songs she writes, but sometimes i find her voice is a little too high [gets a bit annoying].

oh...and i heard she'll be working with Sammul...

Edited by Kit924, 28 August 2005 - 01:16 AM.

#7 Jessica6541

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, agreed with you all who say her voice is too high. I heard her song, 'One Min. Emotional' and it sound like it's about to break the glass or windows >.<
Her voice aint that strong compare to Janice. Even though she compose her own songs I find them boooring. I also heard her singing an upbeat song and ehh...it was quite bad, really want me to turn the TV off. Am not dissing her or anything but just speaking my mind =]

#8 Ichiro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:38 AM

I think her debate album was ok, and that she only scratched the surface, in terms of her writing abilities. I think best new artist will be between her and Janice. Maybe she'll release a new album before the years end. I found her debate album to be kinda a snooozeeeeee.....

• Guests

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:11 PM

her eyes a little bit look like CoCo Lee

Posted Image

#10 xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:38 AM

She has a new song featuring Hins Cheung out called "Siaw Mong" . Im not sure what its called in English.

#11 xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:56 AM

http://the-sun.orisu...s/ent/20051113/
http://www.asianfanatics.net
translations by xbunnylicious

Posted Image

Yesterday Ivana Wong was at a 'I Love My Name' function to promote her new album. She also sang a few of her new songs and especially played the piano while singing along to "I Am Really Hurt'. Ivana saw the salesclerk spending their time to place her cds on the bamboo shelves, causing her to be happy.

Ivana's album was released this month on the ninth. That day she recieved alot of fans' complaints that they couldn't get her album. The reason was because the 'little chick' cover was printed late and had only printed 10,000 copies then. That was only half of the amount planned to be printed, causing the fans to be empty-handed.

#12 bluebelli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

I think she's a super talented singer. Yea, she sounds like Faye Wong, both their voices are high and sweet.. In terms of looks, she has this traditional chinese face

#13 Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:32 PM

Does anyone know how she got into the music industry and is her original language mandarin or cantonese? Thanks =)

#14 Priscilla x3

pris <3 ech

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:24 AM

she started out as just a composer and she got into singing after joining a singers talent contest (like one of those american idol things) called CASH.

#15 laiwingnang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:10 AM

get her new album "I Love My Name". It elegant and melodic.
Exquitsite arrangement. If you like Cheer Chen, she won't disappoint

#16 pwas

Rainie Yang =D

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 02:16 AM

Ivana is really talented, her talent to compose and write lyrics are just very impressive expecially since she wrote that song for Miriam which was really good and helped miriam get top 10 gold song for almost all award shows in the january award shows. I have to say shes better than Janice in a way because she has a really good and stable voice whereas Janice is always nervous when singing and likes to make all those feedback noises that usually backup singers do. They should award top newcomer female award to both Janice and Ivana because they are truely last years best female newcomers. Her career path is probabley going to be really good since shes able to compose and write songs just like a female version of Justin Lo because they are both talented piano players.

#17 Phish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:34 PM

Before i knew Ivana, i only recognized her as a composer and heard her singing voice before i saw her in person. I was blown away by her voice.... sounds 90% like the great Faye Wong

#18 angelic_soul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:37 AM

his girl has talent, I love her voice! So angelic and the songs she composses are excellente! Love how deep her songs are, like Hins Cheung@ They make a cutee couple hehee=PP

#19 kenzai82

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

yes this girl ROCKS my world man.. her voice really sound like FAYE WONG and her music theme is very alike FAYE WONG way of singing (something which lacked in Hong Kong Music industries so far only FAYE WONG dare to sing these kind of songs) and I have been finding this kind of cantonese musics and now IVANA gave me that answer ^^ im her malaysian fans here.. IVANA, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MUSIC CAREER AND I WISH FOR YOUR MANY CD'S ON THE COMING YEAR.. ^_^ gambateh!

#20 kenzai82

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:33 AM

Anyone here can upload or post some of her MV ? Or is there any MV that she is making with some of her best song title ? Or the isn't any? :down wish to see some of her MV.. Cause some of her song is very spiritual, wonder what's the MV look like :thumbsup

#21 spirit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

the first time i saw her perform was on jacky cheung's concert dvd, and i was pretty amazed that new artists with talent still exist in hk. :) i love the song she made for jolin, 許願池的希臘少女.

#22 Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:08 AM

Ivana is soo talented. She has the voice of an angel. My favorite song from her is "I Am Really Hurt". It's such a sweet and sad song. I love it. Plus she makes a cute couple with Hins. They are both reli talented even my mom said that they match. =]

#23 oooh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:58 AM

here found some new stuff about Ivana (sound, photo & video) ... she's talking about working on her debut mandarin album ...

www.pinkwork.com/news/read0107.htm
and more photo --> click here

#24 60699

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:40 AM

She and Hins are adorable. If they are not dating, they are really understanding friends. They don't care about rumors and are able to perform on the same stage. Along with that, they are willing to be there for each other in front of an audience despite all those rumors and that is just so rare. By doing that, more rumors will surface, but at the same time nothing is kept a secret so all reporters can write is what exactly happened as opposed to making things up.

#25 MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

wow i just looked her up on youtube. and i had no idea that it was her that sang the song 詩情 原裝 dont know how to read so i just copied that whole thing lol, but then i thought it was wong faye who sang that! o.O wow she does have a unique voice.

by the way does wong faye even sing anymore?

Edited by MadHatter, 16 January 2007 - 12:47 AM.

#26 gummi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

i luv her and hins!! they are such a cute couple and im just really happy when i see them together:)

#27 Fish-ii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:06 AM

I agree with Ivana x Hins fans! They're just SOOOO cute! did you see them hug on stage at Chik Chak 903?? SOOO ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! And I love her songs, it's ok if you think they're a snooze, but they're definitely not mainstream HK Pop, you know? Love her style soo very much. Definitely got talent. And those who think she sounds like Faye... just wait til you hear the Ivana x Hins 903 Live Concert... they were singing the Jacky Cheung and Faye song... Oh dear, she sounds EXACTLY like Faye! I was so surprised!

ok... can't resist. you GOTTA listen to the Jacky Cheung concert with her in it. first performance i THINK... but she did wonderfully, AND she played piano at the same time (it's not so easy... >.>)

Ivana is freaking talented. (I'm a huge fan of hers =D and Hins. clapclap I get excited whenever I talk about them... and Leo XD)

Edited by Fish-ii, 07 February 2007 - 07:08 AM.

#28 xoxosweetheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:34 AM

I think shes really cute and she has a beautiful voice. I noticed her when i was watching this award ceremony.

#29 Guest_Sport3888_*

• Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:44 PM

http://www.pinkwork.com/zoneb.htm

Check out video and audio clips of Ivana's interview, click on the boxs to play them. It's probably better to use Internet Explorer. It pauses for a while so make sure you wait and not click on the next audio. It keeps flashing until each audio clip is finished playing so you'd know.

I got to know alot more about her through these audio and video clips. You can tell she a person that's very in arts.

http://www.pinkwork....ws/read0107.htm

There's a xanga for this website as well
http://www.xanga.com/pinkwork

Edited by Sport3888, 08 March 2007 - 02:32 PM.

#30 Perdita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:20 AM

Hi, Everyone,

I'm so happy to have finally found an English forum dedicated to Ivana Wong.

For those who haven't looked her up in youtube, I strongly recommend that you go there. There are so many video clips of her live performances. My faves are:
a) At Leo Koo's concert where they sing the duet from the Wolf Legend musical.
b ) Duet with Hins at her "I Love My Name" promo

What I love about her is the fact that her music is so different from what you normally hear from studio-packaged albums and popstars. I like her first two albums more than her newest one, though. Some of the songs in Poems and Art are starting to sound a bit commercial.

Hopefully, her contract with Universal will be renewed if it hasn't already, and she'll get to put out more albums.

Edited by Perdita, 13 March 2007 - 04:21 AM.

#31 kencl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

Dear me, I love Ivana so much, her singing is so good, its almost unbelievable.
I would tell my dad that this person (Ivana) sings better when she's live then Miriam/Hacken on CD. She is so talented, the way she controls her voice. Her songs are so addicting too, Thunder&Lightning, and Painters Passion?

She and Hins are so nice to each other, I don't care if they are dating or not, but they are such good friends. When Hins had his first concert, Ivana stopped her dinner with parents to go on stage to give him a big hug and flowers, like, that is real friendship!!!

Hins&Ivana, the couple that writes songs!!!! So sweeet, just like Kay and Louis, they should get married if they ARE dating. (Who knows?? Maybe they are planning it right this moment)

All of her songs are very good, despite the fact that most of them are slow and soft melody songs. She should try to be brave and have some fast-paced songs, instead of just focusing on slow (Vincy too)

I LOVE IVANA WONG~~~~

#32 Perdita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:53 PM

This thread is still on page one? Aren't there any English-speaking Ivana fans?

Here's the theatrical video for her new single, The Mask 面具MV (鬧交版)

作詞:王菀之 作曲:王菀之 
編曲:褚鎮東

路太遠 試試兜圈
望更遠 智慧的開端
沿途話虧損 傷心會軟
心愛需要挑選

若怕痛 試試婉轉
並永記 愛侶鋪的磚
從前是相戀 現在計算
為何明明共聚問候沒
半句太過心酸

*曾挽手避開幾多次雨水
 仍記得那天掌心印在這裏
 熱情漸褪去 才明瞭全是
沒有火花的允許
 若說穿 其實當初不登對
 留盡多少的眼淚 活得幾歲
 若必須面對 面具掩飾空虛*

在這晚 吃了一餐
望兩眼 慣性的餐單
然後望清水 靜默以對
為何明明共聚問候沒半
句太過唏噓

REPEAT*

Wo...
為習慣以一世相許
無論曾避開幾多次雨水
來承認幸福根本不在這裏
讓全部過去 來從頭尋覓
最愛讓痴心寄居
若說穿 其實不捨得失去
才學懂分開去睡 活於堡壘
命註定的一對 最後各有所取

#33 French_Fries

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

Her voice isn't what i prefer but it is a good voice. I notice that even if her voice is whispery. she is on cue and hits her notes correctly 100 % of the time thus far.

Edited by katherinekwokhk, 01 November 2007 - 07:29 AM.
triple post

#34 angel189377

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

Is it true that Ivana is going to leave Universal Music to go to East Asia when her contract with Universal is expired?

*Here's the site were i read it from: -live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-

#35 themissingpiece

♥ 愛我.請留言

• Forum Masters
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:44 AM

Yes it is confirmed, Ivana has now joined East Asia. Wow, seriously, EA has wayy too many female singers, but with A-music as part of EA...who will they promote? Up & comingwise, EA has Janice, Jill, Charmaine Fong, and now Ivana. But the new singers have to compete with also..Sammi, Miriam, Hocc for promotion.

#36 Perdita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:48 AM

Congrats to Ivana on winning her first gold medal for Best Songwriter at the Chik-Chak Music Awards.

It was a very emotional evening as her best friend, Hins Cheung, won 3 awards and publicly thanked her while he was on stage, receiving one of the awards.

#37 kei_two

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:35 AM

i felt sooo bad for ivana yesterday night for the JSG Top ten gold songs.....
stupid hosts...trying to fool around with the singers...>:(
well, for most outstanding singer award, they called up Ivana's name, but while she was giving her speech, they found out that they called the wrong name and it was supposed to be HINS! and they made her feel sooo embarrassed and bad...>:( i rly dislike amigo chui...he was so mean...to stephy and to ivana....and then when HIns got the award, Ivana was all humble and said that it didn't matter and that she would present the award to him, and when he had to sing, he invited her to sing with him and being such a supportive and great friend......
but as you know, Ivana does not sing R&b so it was indeed very embarrassing for her....
But in the end, she got one award, which was the best singer/composer award, and the hosts told hins to present it to Ivana and he got to just dance for her......haiiii.......I feel so bad for Ivana, she truely has talent!

#38 Perdita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:31 AM

Yes, kei_two, that was a very embarrassing moment for Ivana. I don't think it was the 3 hosts who set it up, though. I tend to believe that it was the executive producer. Tsang, Chui, and Yu may have known about it, but I doubt they would have had the guts to pull something like this off without the exec. producer's approval.

TVB's just jealous that Chik Chak got the authentic and heartfelt speech from Hins Cheung when he thanked her on stage. Of course, TVB can't be left out of the action, so they orchestrated this. It was hilarious, though, when Ivana said, "No matter. It wasn't deliberate." That's when Tsang laughed really loudly, which kind of indicates that he knows this was no accident. Ivana is a great sport though, playing along with it with such class.

Kudos to all the other artists who got on stage with her to support her.

#39 French_Fries

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:09 AM

how tall is she?

#40 Jon Lai

for techies=> http://www.emvee.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

View PostFrench_Fries, on Apr 15 2008 9 09 PM, said:

how tall is she?

Probably not very tall, around 5'4" to 5'5"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users