AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Auguste Kwan Tak Fai (關德輝)

auguste kwan kwan tak fai

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:55 AM

English Name : Auguste Kwan
Pinyin Notation : Kwan De Hui
Cantonese Notation : Kwan Dat Fai
Vietnamese Name: Quan Duc Huy
Birthday : August 21, 1971
Birthplace : Malaysia

Series:
The Battle Against Evil
Better Halves
Point of No Return
To Catch the Uncatchable

Edited by AutumnTears, 27 November 2005 - 07:53 PM.

#2 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 01:57 AM

heehz...i think he was gr8 in battle against evil n gr8 in better halfs...he was funny in dat 1 with Steven Ma!! ehehz..=]

#3 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 11:33 PM

I like him since Battle Against Evil, and the themesong he sang in that series was really good, I love that song. He is so cute in "Better Halves" too, hope he will film more series.

#4 Lynn_Lynn

Lynn_Lynn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:37 PM

is he steven's uncle in better halves??? can't remember his name in there, but the one that like siu siu rite??

#5 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3654 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:58 AM

is he steven's uncle in better halves??? can't remember his name in there, but the one that like siu siu rite??

yup yup...

when i first saw him...i thought he was micheal tse...

he was good in the battle against evil and better halves

#6 xsMiLeE_sTarZx

xsMiLeE_sTarZx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:55 PM

yea! i loved his character in better halves. so cute. hehe. i thot it was sweet how he was really nice to siu siu too. the super strong girl rite? haha. and yea..he does look like aaron kwok. wen i first saw him..i actualy thot it was aaron kwok...^_^' but then only at certain angles.

#7 crystalized

crystalized

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:14 PM

Yeah, he does look like Aaron Kwok.

lol yeah he does, the funny thing is my grandma thouh he WAS Aaron kwok!! lol

but now she just thinks he's the little bro of aaron kwok for sme reason :S

but his role as peng on or w/e in BH was cute

#8 crystalized

crystalized

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 05:18 PM

some news on Auguste...

credits to Em from tvbspace

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao, 2004-9-6]

(Special note: Kwan Tak Fai is not a TVB regular, but he recently appeared in "To Catch The Uncatchable" and played the serial killer in the case involving that diamond necklace.)

Kwan Tak Fai is currently shooting "Brothers And Sisters" in Taiwan. He attended the birthday party his fans organized for him a few days ago. His manager Gao Li Ping and He Li Xiu's manager Chen Xiao Zhi were also present.

Kwan received many birthday gifts, and he was particularly impressed with one fan's effort. That fan collected all the albums Kwan released in Taiwan over the years and asked him to sign them. Kwan said happily, "I'll have to ask you where you got all these records. Even I don't have them all!" To show his appreciation for fans' support, he led them to the TV station and gave them a brief tour.

Being a filial son as he has always been, Kwan asked for leave on his birthday and went back to Malaysia to celebrate it with his mom. After that, he hurried back to Taiwan to continue the shooting. The typhoon happened to hit Taiwan the day he went back, and forced him to arrive late.

Kwan rushed to the station as soon as he arrived. When he entered the studio, Qin Yang (his partner in "Brothers And Sisters") gave him a hard time. Qin reprimanded Kwan for his tardiness, and even said, "I quit!" Then the lights went out. Kwan thought he caused some major trouble and did not really know what to do. Right then, the production crew and Qin came out of the darkness with a cake, and wished him a happy birthday. The pleasant surprise made Kwan extremely happy, and he appreciated what his co-star and the crew did for him.

#9 Gian Png

Gian Png

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:18 AM

any1 knows wats the exact episodes that he appeared in "To catch the uncatchable"?? :lol?:

only interested in the episodes that he appeared...hee hee..

#10 Hue

Hue

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:41 PM

yeah .... he really reminds me of aaron ! mhm .... oh ... he is already 33 ??? ( borned in 1971 ) mhm ... i don`t think that he looks like his age does he ? what do u think ?

#11 miss

miss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:55 AM

what happened...he got a big role in better halves and ever since then he got very sall roles say in TOCU and in hidden treasures

#12 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:48 PM

Err..i don't know if you guys are going to believe this or not..but i ever meet this guy and chit chat for a while.

Well, its like a few back ago, 1999 if am not mistaken and he is not so popular back then and he is having a small concert in my school about his album, my long hair and stg stg (can't remember..). I passed by the hall and saw him..he is prettydown to earth, look exactly like he did in movies..heehee..and is really a nice person..not stuck up or what..Seriously.. blush

We chat a while then he went for practice..and guess waht i didnt attend his concert after all cos..my cousin is getting married the same day.. :huh:

#13 check_1980

check_1980

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:36 PM

I think he looks like a combination of Aaron Kwon and Marco in Virtues of Harmony. Anyone?

#14 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:27 PM

I like Auguste since I saw him in Battle Against Evil, and I hope his themesong too, wonderful. And now I like him more in To Catch the Uncatchable, he looks so cool and cute in there, and his character is not that bad, I kinda feel sorry for him though. Too bad he only has small role in there, but I hope I can see more of his series in the future.

#15 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:52 AM

any additon informations on him? Like how he god into this industry as an actor? He is popular as an actor and singer ?in taiwan also or just so so.I wonder why he keeps on getting small roles. Gosh he's already 33? he looks 23 more like it.

#16 cherry699

cherry699

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:42 PM

Not only did he resemble a young version of Aaron Kwok, he sounds like Aaron in the way he talks and acts. I thought he was really good and funny in better halves and was matched well with the girl - i think her name is carina de grace?

I would never have thought he was 33. But the photo above where he is holding his album does make him look older.

#17 funnysinister

funnysinister

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:00 AM

I think Augusten look very young. I was shock when i found out that he is thirty something. By looking at his face, i guessed he was in his mid twenty.

#18 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:05 AM

funny story. when i was watching ponr, i was pondering to myself "wth is aaron doing in this series" lol. auguste is cool. looks very much alike to aaron. long lost brother? =p

#19 Fafeifa

Fafeifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 02:09 AM

he really need some acting lessons. In battle of good against evil he started good but when he turned bad he didn't really know what to do. BH he was just playing the dumb kid role. Sad...

#20 nana_ng

nana_ng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 06:00 AM

i first knew him was many years back as a singer ... then he was a shy guy.. not a guys with many words.. his songs were ok. don't know why he stopped singing and go to hkg to take up acting...

#21 enternal rose

enternal rose

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 12:50 PM

ne1 seen nightclub? n is Auguste's character in TCTU evil?

#22 ncsl999

ncsl999

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:54 PM

he really need some acting lessons. In battle of good against evil he started good but when he turned bad he didn't really know what to do. BH he was just playing the dumb kid role. Sad...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

after the battle of good against evil...i think he has improved a lot .. the dumb kid role was very good ... plus his small roles in TCTU and Kung Fu scoocer as "Chui Fung" was soooooooooo cool and cute.. I wonder whether he has any contract with tvb ?

ncsl999

#23 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 05:57 AM

His roles in TVB have been reduced to such small roles.... ! He started as the main lead in Battle of Good Against Evil.... Auguste was very successful in Malaysia, however it doesn't seem as if career in HK is kickstarting much.... Did he release any albums in HK?

#24 babygrl

babygrl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:58 AM

he was in kungfu soccer for a while, but he was bad. ;[ he was cute in battle against evil. i think he should be in more movies.

#25 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3654 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:19 AM

is he steven ma uncle in better halves??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup yup, that was him

he was cute in battle against evil. i think he should be in more movies.

i thought he was pretty good in the battle against evil, i felt the film was really good overall, maybe a bit under-rated but it was definitely really good in terms of everyone's acting, the plot might not have been too original but still, a decent effort filled with an amazing cast

#26 redgirl

redgirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:44 AM

well....his acting is ok especially at the TO catch the uncatchable o!!!nice there!

#27 tse_yu

tse_yu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:18 AM

whoa..hes a singer in taiwan...does he sing good..he does have a nice voice...even though he played a serial killer in to catch the uncatchable...i still thought that he was cute.....u noe wut...he reminds me of aaron...maybe thats why i find auguste attractive..hehe

#28 twentyofive

twentyofive

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:36 PM

Auguste's singing is pretty ok. He started out singing first before venturing into acting, didn't he? Many, many years ago, he filmed a serial in Singapore (where I live) and that was when I first noticed him. Was surprised to see him in TVB dramas later on as I didn't know he'd relocated to HK!

#29 k_roline_fl

k_roline_fl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

i think he is pretty cute especially in tctu and yeah, he does look likea aaron and michael tse

#30 MzAsian

MzAsian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

OMG!! I found him! I remember when I first saw him was in Better Halves and I thot he looked like Aaron Kwok..! Ok! I still do! Hehe. Is there any good sites about him that actually still works? :P
THANKS!

#31 angeltvgirl416

angeltvgirl416

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:12 AM

i think he look kinda cute in to catch the uncatchable. he was the main character in one show right?

#32 MzAsian

MzAsian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:27 PM

Wasnt he also in Kung Fu Soccer..??? :P

#33 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:48 PM

hes kinda cute in better halves with cerina de graca..but what else has he been in? was he a singer before?

#34 maboroshi

maboroshi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:17 AM

whoa~! he doesnt look his age, i though he was still 20 something :lol:

#35 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

i only seen him in better halves...what is he up to now? doesnt sing anymore?

#36 amezames

amezames

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 07:38 AM

This guy is really handsome and he didd a very good job in point of no return! i liked watching his character.. very funny

#37 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:09 AM

i had no idea he was in hidden treasures but looked very smart in the suit...i also loved his character in PONR and Better halves..both loving characters although he was a bit mean in PONR haha

#38 lb-lb

lb-lb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:07 PM

He is a good actor but I don't see him in any series lately. The last one I saw is To Catch The Uncatchable. He looks young for his age too.

#39 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:01 AM

Kwan Duk Fai is cute and young looking, his acting is not too bad. Seems like a nice guy and he really looks like Aaron Kwok, like a little brother or something.

#40 swtxjing

swtxjing

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 06:01 AM

just wondering is he still with TVB or what? havent see him for a longggg time