264 replies to this topic

#1 aneeshka

aneeshka

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:37 PM

http://img456.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img456/5324/femmeandguarenteed052fy.gif
preview: http://img300.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img300/4449/15qx.jpg
Description: Sheren Tang returns to pave new paths! With the dating field as treacherous as the battlefield, how do modern women navigate the pitfalls of romance?

New Series
La Femme Desperado

Chinese Title
女人唔易做 (Nui Yan Mm Yi Jo)

Cast
Sheren Tang
Raymond Lam
Melissa Ng
Kenneth Ma
Kate Tsui
Michael Tse
Cindy Au
Leung Kar Yan
Savio Tsang
Karen Lee
Cheng Ho Wai
Lee Ka Seng
Wong Kei Ying
Lai Suen
more to be announced...

Duration
20 episodes

Producer
Poon Ka Tak (Triumph in the Skies, Summer Heat, Ten Brothers)

Synopsis
Sheren Tang will be portraying a strong businesswoman in need of a sperm donor to have a child, while Melissa Ng will be playing a woman with a failed marriage. Kate will also take part, acting as Sheren's rebellious younger sister, who will be having a romance with her sushi chef, Kenneth Ma. Melissa, on the other hand, will have an unconventional romance with Raymond Lam after her ex-husband, Michael Tse, leaves her.
Translation by hyn5

Filming Starts in mid August

<span class='edit'>This post has been edited by AutumnTears: Aug 26 2005 2 40 PM</span>

<span class='edit'>This post has been edited by aneeshka: Today, 08:26 PM</span>

Edited by aneeshka, 05 December 2005 - 12:50 AM.

#2 Guests

• Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:40 PM

not sure if this has been posted before...
here's a picture and a piece of news
Posted Image

(July 30, 2005)In the series "Hard to Be a Woman," the rumoured pair of Kate and Kenneth will be dating. Kenneth will be portraying a sushi master, who will be teaching Kate to make sushi. Sparks will also be flying between the arguing pair. Therefore, on the previous day, the two went to a Japanese diner to study under a skilled sushi chef, where they talked and laughed merrily, without avoidance.

Since Kenneth and Kate will be having a relationship in the series, they were asked whether they would be worried about rumours arising again. With ease, Kate says, "Filming hasn't even started, and rumours already have. But I really have to thank them for helping promote the series. It's only acting--nothing to be afraid about. I have previously worked with Kenneth on some programs. Anyone in this industry already understands this type of news." Asking if it would be awkward if the plot involved intimate scenes, Kenneth namely says, "Don't know if there'll be any intimate scenes; even if there are, it will only be acting. I have acted in many series before, so it won't be awkward, but Kate has only begun to act, so I don't know if she is afraid or not."

Besides learning how to make sushi under a master, it was also the two's first time making a Japanese dish, so there was some clumsiness. Under the direction of the master, Kate learned very quickly; someone even pointed out that her skill resembled that of a master more than Kenneth's. Kate smiles and says, "We're about the same, but later in the series, the plot will really be about the 'student surpassing the teacher.' The happiest thing is that I am able to eat sushi, combining work with entertainment."

In other news, there was a magazine that earlier photographed Kate swimming in a bikini. She felt extremely helpless, as she expressed that she was swimming in a personal space but was still photographed. She feels unhappy; however, all she can do is find another place to swim. As for not being exposed, Kate firmly says, "When getting a suntan, I certainly wouldn't dare loosening the straps--I wouldn't even dare wearing a bikini at the beach."

Credits to: Oriental Daily
Translated by: hyn5

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:39 PM

Sheren Tang will be portraying a strong businesswoman in need of a sperm donor to have a child, while Melissa Ng will be playing a woman with a failed marriage. Kate will also take part, acting as Sheren's rebellious younger sister, who will be having a romance with her sushi chef, Kenneth Ma. Melissa, on the other hand, will have an unconventional romance with Raymond Lam after her ex-husband, Michael Tse, leaves her.

-- so much weird things are gonna happen in this series. LOL.

costume tryout pics ~
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 kuk05

kuk05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:51 AM

:shocked: Ray pairing up with Mellisa Ng she should be older sister but nowadays is normally Yes ! Plot story very interesting I wanna see pic more....... thank you

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:36 AM

melissa's so pretty :D ! she looks like a teacher =)

#6 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

Demoted due to spamming

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:44 AM

wow...i have a feeling this series is going to be great when it's done filming!!!

#7 ♥eddiepengyuyan

♥eddiepengyuyan

wuzun-HAWT!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:35 AM

wow...i have a feeling this series is going to be great when it's done filming!!!

Yep! But I'm not having a really good feeling about Ray paired up with Melissa...well, we shall see when the show comes out...

#8 aneeshka

aneeshka

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

I have a good feeling about this series too!
I think that Ray and Melissa pairing is kind of weird, but it's something new and fresh, i mean, it's good to see new couplings and not the same old all the time! it gets boring after a while right? I think it'll be ok, as long as the plot is good

#9 lazigrl1314

lazigrl1314

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:47 AM

yea it will be a lil weird ray and melissa...but anything with raymond in it i would watch

#10 keylin

keylin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:03 AM

I am really looking forward to see this serie, especially that Ray is pairing up with Melissa.
In today´s world, it has been common that younger man and older women is a pair.
It is really god that TVB har notice that and make a serie about it.

#11 OMGWTFBBQ

OMGWTFBBQ

I'm Rick James, B!tch

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

I think this series is going to be really intersting, especially the part where a younger guy pairs up with an older women. We usually see older men with youngers girls..so this change will be something fresh from TVB.

#12 Guests

• Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:52 PM

The girl in the last picture, is she Kate Tsui? which series did she act in before?

#13 Guest_bao bao_*

Guest_bao bao_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:26 PM

The girl in the last picture, is she Kate Tsui? which series did she act in before?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The girl in the last pic is Cindy Au.. Kate Tsui is the one with the braids. She's only been in one episode of Fantasy Trend.

#14 is.k

is.k

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:04 PM

Ray & Melissa...... hmmm not sure what to think about that! but at least it's something new (I hope!) cos normally TVB brings in a new concept but just twists it back to what they does best in the end...

#15 TKY ♥

TKY ♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:53 AM

Isn't melissa look a bit too old for raymond?? melissa should go with someone older......

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:43 AM

Isn't melissa look a bit too old for raymond?? melissa should go with someone older......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, it is suppose to be that way....a younger guy fallen for a more mature woman....the whole show is about their relationship and the problems they face with family and society... :noclue

#17 jayda*star

jayda*star

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:59 AM

why people always make this no-brainer comment? the show is supposed to be that way. it's written as part of the story. they didn't get paired up for no reason. there's a reason to why they are paired together.

#18 kuk05

kuk05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:52 PM

What is Ray's role in this series ? What did he do ? Student or Officer or have own business. Anyone know pls tell me. :lol?:

Agreed.... maybe have some reasons in series i want to know how they get to love each other ?

#19 skittles

skittles

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:59 PM

this sounds like an interesting series. the storyline is very fresh and i like the modern idea to it. looking forward to seeing this series with raymond, melissa, and sheren!

#20 endlessjoy

endlessjoy

Be Happy!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3478 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:25 AM

http://www.tvbspacen...5/roundup21.jpg

'Hard to Be a Woman' revealed
Last day TVB had its costume fitting for new series “Hard to be a Woman”, leading lady Sheren Tang says that aside from this role being custom-made for her, her character even “borrows a sperm” to become a mother. “In reality I would never do that, it's too irresponsible. I really don't want to have children, but we'll see if that thought changes after I finish filming this series.” All though this series has the topic of “borrowing a sperm”, Sheren is not afraid that people will get the wrong idea. As for suggestions that this series is a subtle announcement of TVB “unfreezing” Sheren, Sheren laughingly responds, “My relationship with TVB has not changed, if there is a job for me I will take it, and this series is even custom-made.” Asked if she is confident of sweeping away the “Most Favorite Female Lead”, she replies, “I have never really cared about awards and ratings, I only have confidence in doing my role to the best that I can.”

Credits: http://www.tvbspacen...05/roundup.html

#21 tlb1991

tlb1991

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:12 AM

Yeahz.....totally luv the pairin of Melissa with Ray! I think its cute....And with sheren... this series is goin to rock...

#22 icepinkangel

icepinkangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:33 AM

this looks like an interesting show.. cute pairing of melissa n raymond. can't wait for it to be aired... i watch all raymond lam shows! he rocks!

#23 Guests

• Guests

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:34 PM

I agree, it seems promising. It has a good cast, and the storyline probably hit on the lines of a women in a realistic world. The hardships and the experiences they go through. I think this would send a pretty good message out to alot of people. Can't wait!

#24 kuk05

kuk05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:09 PM

:iloveyou: everyone interested in this series and can't wait see. Ray good looking too. hehe ~~

I have been read news Ray shooting on first day, he got punch by senior actor (he play Father's Melissa Ng). Ray holding hand with her and put his arm around her shoulder.

#25 blushiningstar

blushiningstar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:12 AM

Hmmmmm...it seems really interesting. I will have to see it to know though, but can't wait till it comes out. I like Raymond Lam alot in the series, he is soo funny in many ways.

#26 Guests

• Guests

Posted 29 August 2005 - 08:50 AM

its not out yet, and its almost september, but i wanna see Kate in a series :P

#27 skittles

skittles

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

they just recently started filming this series. maybe it will be out next year. hopefully

#28 ^K^

^K^

sweet!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:31 AM

this series looks alrite....
at least its something new, the pairing of ray and melissa.
great to see melissa getting more chances!she's really improved in her acting skills...
cant wait to see this

#29 magdrury

magdrury

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:27 AM

i dont like the pairing between ray and melissa...i feel weird about that...

#30 suweijun

suweijun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:19 AM

i think it's interesting how the story revolves around a younger guy older girl relationship. we never see this type of relationship in tv series/movies hehe. it should be fun to watch. it's something different than the usual on screen couple.

#31 Guests

• Guests

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:00 AM

another new series.... sheren and mellisa is my favourite... i can't wait to watch this series

#32 some_guy

some_guy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:55 AM

this sounds sooo interesting, with melisaa and ray a couple, so excited

#33 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:29 AM

cool! a new series with sheren tang. i miss her performance. tvb should give her more series to act! when is this series going to complete filming?

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:02 AM

THIS SERIES IS CONFIRMED TO BE 20 EPISODES. UPDATE IT PLEASE =)

#35 Guest_bao bao_*

Guest_bao bao_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:13 AM

I read somewhere that Kate cut her hair for this series.. she supposedly plays a tomboy or something? :P

#36 Akazukin

Akazukin

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4021 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:55 PM

Sheren looks really good in that pic. The story seems interesting so far, but is there any older TVB actor in this series? It seems rather weird that Raymond has been paired up with older women these days, first Charmaine, Sonija and then Melissa? *sigh*

#37 aznirene3

aznirene3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:33 AM

hm...everyone is keen on this series huh? any idea when i would start airing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This series is still filming so it not airing yet..

#38 redhk888

redhk888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:07 AM

Once this series has finished filming, it joins a long list of TVB series waiting to be aired. It be the start of next year until you see this series.

#39 angeltvgirl416

angeltvgirl416

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:59 PM

o i read about this in the tvb magazine and it said that raymond is going to like melissa, i think that is nasty they dont' even match. i also read that kate the miss hong kong is going to be with kenneth in this series.

#40 xoxosweetheart

xoxosweetheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:49 PM

o i read about this in the tvb magazine and it said that raymond is going to like melissa, i think that is nasty they dont' even match. i also read that kate the miss hong kong is going to be with kenneth in this series.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well it would b bad to see raymond w/ melissa...ill prefer raymond w/ kate :harhar

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)