AF needs funding again

"i'll talk to you later""

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#1 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:10 AM

alot of ppl been using this line.. "i'll talk to you later" on the phone
but do they really call you back
im just wondering outta 10 of your friends..
do they actually call you back..
or you have to call them back again?

i tested it out.. and onli 2 of my friends actually called back. haha

is there ne other way of saying?

#2 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:30 AM

Basically, thats a polite way of ending a conversation. maybe they are busy and get caught up in their things so chill out and if you consider them as your friends, just call them instead thats make you different than them, but for me, I would think, whats the point of having those friends? There are whole world of friends out there yet to know you, just like Carlsberg promo. hehe, cheers!

#3 cckit08

cckit08

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

lol
me also doing the same thing when i not free
but after that i won call them back

#4 asianfanatics911

asianfanatics911

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

"I'll talk to you later" meaning that you and him/her will talk again sometime, that doesn't mean they'll call you back, if they say I'll call you back later then you can expect a call back :)

#5 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:55 PM

it's just a way of saying bye. It's not exactly a promise to call someone back so don't really expect a call back.

#6 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:33 PM

"i'll talk to you later" is what you say at the end of a convo. LOL what else are you meant to say? Goodbye, I'll never talk to you again?

#7 asianfanatics911

asianfanatics911

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

maybe he expected something straight forward like bye bye or goodbye instead misleading sentence like that :)

#8 crazychococat

crazychococat

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:36 PM

LOLZ...think that this phrase has become a figure of speech and already lost its meaning to it. Possible reason: Because too many ppl just say it and dont follow it and because people do that..other ppl copy them and vice versa.. unfortnately I have to say that I do sometimes use that phrase just as a figure of speech...apart to my bf ..hehe...

#9 Monica2chasze

Monica2chasze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 03:23 PM

Practically no one calls back, unless they think the topic in discussion is really important and they have to cal back to get more info. Other than that, they're practically history. This phrase is somewhat like another way to brush people off so they won't bother you? lol.

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:26 PM

its actually a stupid way to end a call anyway. but if u were to wait for tat call , then ur more stupid because ur just being played

#11 ph1yjai

ph1yjai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:16 PM

well i acutally call back.. unles i reallei truely forget lol depends.. u kneo on the person that calls you. IF you reallei don't wnan tlak wid them u tel them talk to you later to make them feel like u not annoyed by them and that you got sumthign important to do or sumthign

#12 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:37 AM

I hate that sh!t because they never call back...maybe couple days later...i guess. I usually dont call back either lol unless its urgent...but i guess i do it too...i guess just habit sometimes??

#13 sumomoNmalibu

sumomoNmalibu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:28 AM

to be polite i will say that...
but also i mean it... i always call back

#14 aznbaybii

aznbaybii

*YEAH BABY!!!*

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

errr..."i'll talk to you later" is like i'll talk to you later like meaning today or even some other day, another way of goodbye, it's not they'll call right back because then they'll be saying "i'll call you back later".

#15 chingy

chingy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:31 PM

it just sound better than bye which implies dat u might not talk to them again

#16 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 01:37 PM

i jus say that.....but really i dont wanna talk to them when i say "i'l talk to u later". So i can end the damm conversation and do my own things..lol

#17 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:36 PM

in 10 friends for me i think 2 people will call back....and it depends for myself if i was pissed abotu something and don't want to talk to them i will say "i'll talk to you later" and don't call back but if i was busy on doing something and after i finish i will call them back and keep talking lol they say i'll talk to you later but they didn;t say when though!~

#18 risumonki9

risumonki9

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:57 PM

That's different.
When you say "I'll talk to you later" that means I'll talk to you some other time.. maybe in the next few days.. or week. And this talking can be through the phone or face to face.

Now when someone tells you that they're going to CALL you .. then that's different. I hate it when people would tell me "I'll call you after I go to _____" or "I'll call you after I finish doing _____" And then I sit there waiting for the rest of the day wondering when they're going to be done doing what they said they were doing.. and then they end up never calling! And I get pissed!
Anyway, that was the old me. Now I could really care less if people called me back or not (unless if it's an important phone call) because I have better things to do than to wait for other people.

#19 shy

shy

professional slacker

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:04 PM

when people say that to me, i don't expect for them to call me nor do i sit there and hold my breath waiting for them to call me back. it's just another way of saying bye. i don't usually say that; i usually say good night, bye, or i'll talk to you soon.

i mean, later doesn't mean later today... it could mean later in life. why take it so seriously??

#20 mesagi

mesagi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:53 AM

I say that all the time. I'll talk to you later. My gf laughs at me for using that line too much when I speak to my friends. She hasn't heard the expression before.
But yeh, just another way of saying bye.

#21 hoinam

hoinam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:07 AM

I'll call you later means nothing.... it;s all bs.. dont ever expect people to call you.

#22 sfu_boy

sfu_boy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:35 AM

'I'll talk to you later' means that 'i'll call you back when i feel like it'

I guess that term, as other's have put it, is a polite way of hanging up... an alternative to 'good bye'

#23 SuzukiMizu

SuzukiMizu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:37 AM

"i'll talk to you later" is what you say at the end of a convo. LOL what else are you meant to say? Goodbye, I'll never talk to you again?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahahahahaha... :lol?:

Yeah, really...it's just a way to end a conversation. Nothing more.

#24 qikquack

qikquack

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:13 PM

It is polite way to end the conversation. I normally will talk or call them when I have time.

#25 mouse

mouse

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:18 PM

It's a figure of speech and "later" can be anytime. 10 mins, 20 mins, 1 day, 1 week, 1 year....

#26 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:52 PM

hehe i think it's normal for people not to call back. it's just another way of hanging up. for me i won't call back unless it's my mom, sister, and another good friend of mine. others.. no. i do not mean it at all. :P

#27 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:09 PM

Depends on whom I talk to. If I'm talking to someone I don't want to see again, then maybe not anymore

#28 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:19 PM

no, I am pretty bad with calling back, but if they are truly my friend, I will see them again

#29 swindler

swindler

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:09 AM

Yup, It indeed is a polite way of ending a conversation. I always thought that talk to you later meant that we'll talk on another day in the future, not the immediate future. Thats just me though.

Basically, thats a polite way of ending a conversation. maybe they are busy and get caught up in their things so chill out and if you consider them as your friends, just call them instead thats make you different than them, but for me, I would think, whats the point of having those friends? There are whole world of friends out there yet to know you, just like Carlsberg promo. hehe, cheers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#30 ^__^

^__^

Who's Dat?

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:32 AM

thats so tru I always say I gotta go or Ill talk to you later when I don't feel like talking to them anymore or im just busy. Most of the times I don't talk to them later usually don't talk to them until months later.

#31 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:35 AM

The first time I heard people saying this to me, I thought they really meant to talk to me a little later. So I waited in vain. Then I realise it's just another way to say "bye, I gotta go!".

#32 Sleepy_samurai

Sleepy_samurai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:42 AM

alot of ppl been using this line.. "i'll talk to you later" on the phone
is there ne other way of saying?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't i'll talk to you later mean exactly that?? I'll speak to you at a later time or when we meet up next time??? If they said i'll call you back and they didn't then I would be pretty upset unless they had a good explaination as to why they didn't call back.

You could say check you soon or something to that effect... i say that and i never hear any complaints

#33 VirgozeroX

VirgozeroX

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:22 AM

looll, i agree i talk to u later is like a sentence to end a convo nonoe really EXpects a call back lol

thats what i think

#34 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:59 AM

mm....i just that as an expression like i'll talk to you again some other time....haha...at first when someone used it on me....i thought they'll really call me back..but then i got use to it...that they dont hahaha...cause too many people use it in the way that they will call when they are free...

#35 GhstDreamer

GhstDreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:57 AM

Sometimes but I rarely do - I just don't have the time or I forget unless if it's something really important, I'm often not in the mood to even bother keeping up with it. I do this with the phone as well - when I tell someone I'll give them a call back I never ever do - most of the people who knows me well know that I don't so they don't expect a call back.

#36 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4190 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:04 AM

Nope, I agree with most ppl that it's just another way of saying bye. I say that a lot and I almost never call them back unless I really want to or need to, hehe. And my friends usually don't call me back either when they say that ^^ It's just that when they say "I'll call you back" and they don't, then that pisses me off

#37 keisuke2k4

keisuke2k4

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:41 AM

lol, u get what you deserve ^^, when i say i call you back later, i normally do but in some occasions it just kinda slips off my mind

#38 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:48 AM

yah. agreed.

i do say this statement to my frens and customers.... but sometime really busy, sure forgot to call back one...

#39 WaiSiuBo

WaiSiuBo

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1538 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:10 AM

yeah of course if they my friends and i see them every dam day of course ill speak to them again why not? theres no point to just say this

#40 clumppy

clumppy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:35 AM

yeah it can be confusing sometimes........one of my friends always says "i'll call you back" and if you don't know him too well you'd be sittin there waiting for the call thinking wtf? ..its just his way of ending the conversation.....

i think its pretty common to use talk to you later............hell i even use it on icq and msn........so yeah no point gettin all worked up over it :shocked: