Suicide ~ How do you feel about it?

695 replies to this topic

#81 TellurianAngel87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:53 PM

I don't believe that suicide should be illegal anywhere - it is in the U.S.

I used to be moderately suicidal, so I do know what it's like. And I've had friends who have tried to commit suicide. And to be honest, for me it wasn't even so much because of one particular thing - there wasn't even anything horrible in my life. Quite often it's just a combination of chemicals in your brain that are funky and make you just unhappy no matter what.

I'm not on medication now, nor do my parents know about the time in my life when I used to cut myself. I got over it all on my own - one day I just woke up and realized, "Either you should end it now and stop all this or snap out of it." I managed to get over it myself.

However, every three months like clockwork, my brain does still tend to go funky. I'll cry for about three or four days straight...sometimes I'll hurt myself, but not so much anymore...and I'll just be generally unhappy. It's hard to tell with me, since I hate letting people see me cry - I made a promise to myself when I was about eleven or twelve and was crying regularly that I wouldn't let other people see me cry. So I hide it when I go through the time - but this time I at least know what's going on in my brain, so when the idea of suicide comes to me, I can limit it.

Most of my friends that tried to commit suicide did it for different reasons. Some came out to their parents then were scorned by the whole family and all their friends and felt as though there was no way out. Some of them are still suicidal and I worry about them, but you know, if it were me again and I decided that I did want to end it, I wouldn't want anyone to tell me it was wrong.

Other people I know that tried to kill themselves are manic depressive and therefore can't really control what their brain does. They can control whether they kill themselves or not to some extent, but you know, the feeling that there's just no hope: it's like you're in this pit and you can't get out and it just keeps getting darker and you keep struggling. You feel like you're starting to get tired and maybe death would just end the struggle. Even if you aren't really in trouble, you just feel like you are on the brink all the time - that you're out of control and that there's no hope of your life changing.

It's irrational, but you really can't see things getting better ever.

So, while I'd never consider killing myself again, I understand the feeling behind it, and I think if someone gets to the point where they feel as though death would be the only way to get out of it, I don't think they should be penalized for it. They are doing something to themselves - yes as a ripple effect the grief effects others, but I think that if one wants to end their own life - inflict harm to his or her own body - a person should be able to do so.

#82 wisdomseeker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:12 AM

Suicide is a big issue for me because I see more and more people in my life are depressed with work/family/life in general. Usually depression is a major factor that can make a person suicidal. I don't think that the suicidal person is someone selfish but rather experiencing a human weakness. When we are weak....we tend to look for the easy way out to end everything. Death is not the answer as a matter of fact but it does ends the person's thoughts and life in all. He/she doesn't have to worry about life problems or deal with them anymore. It is not a selfish thing to see suicide as an escape ......because everyone in their life at least one thought of suicide some way or the other. The people who actually died because of suicide were those who just didn't think things through. Their feelings were vulnerable and they probably didn't get encouragement to live from people close to them or people who know them.

A suicidal person usually leaves indirect or direct signs that sometimes people fail to catch.

#83 quirk183

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:33 PM

Why commit sucide of all things? Ya, maybe sometimes things may become to dramatic for u to take, but sucide, to me, is a stupid way out... Why end ur precious life just like that, the parents will be heartbroken.

#84 pokedmond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:56 PM

It's so easy to say "suicide is stupid!" but some people in this world can't handle the pressures of life as well as others.

I feel sorry for the guys who go thru suicide. But for some reasons, i feel more sympathy for the young ones than old ones. If someone's lived their life and then goes through suicide, i guess it won't be as bad as yougn kids going thru suicide.

#85 flyendo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

im reading through this...and i find the sad thing is not that people dont seem to understand what suicidal people are going through...but the fact that they dont seem sympathetic at all but rather they find it stupid...like the above said...its really easy to stand there and say suicide is stupid...but people who are suicidal obviously think of it as a last resort...a lot of the times they think that nobody cares about them so its not necessarily being selfish...many of them think that it would make other people happier...instead of calling them stupid why dont you try being sympathetic and try to understand what theyre going through? im not saying i understand what theyre going through but i would like to know so i can possibly help them...a lot of people here dont really seem to take it seriously, to me if someone even mentions it, even if it -seems- like a joke we should take it seriously...a lot of people say theyre not bashing suicidal people but in other topics it was flat out bashing and that in my eyes is probably the worst thing to do...people said that the post was obviously meant to be a joke but how do you know for certain?

i find it extriemely insulting that people would say suicidal people are stupid...i agree that the act of suicide is irrational but the people themselves should be supported by us and other people not insulted...yes there are other ways to deal with their problems but dont you think that if they thought of those "other ways" they wouldnt turn to suicide? if they knew there were other ways of making themselves and other people happy dont you think they would use those methods instead?...im just a teenager like a lot of you...but ive been through enough to know that suicide isnt something that everyone does...it takes a great deal of emotional stress to cause someone to turn to suicide...i mean when i told my friend ive thought of it before...i dont think it wouldve helped if he just told me i was being stupid for contemplating suicide...it helped a lot to hear him say that he would be there for me no matter what and that if i did in fact commit suicide...that itd affect him a lot...cause that told me that someone cared...but imagine if someone was suicidal and just read all that...that they were being stupid...that they were being cowards...i dont think it would help them any...if anything it would give them more of a reason to commit suicide...

#86 kelmen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:56 AM

i can understand why someone would think about committing suicide, as we all have problems, setbacks n pain. life just isnt easy, everyone goes through hard times at some point in his life. but committing suicide isnt a way of dealing with problems, its a way to run away from it. maybe you think your life is pointless, or facing the problem is unbearable. could be. but (generally) you're not alone in this world, there are ppl who care for you. ending your life would cause them so much pain, n they would have to deal with it. you wouldnt want them to follow you and commit suicide too as they cant bear the pain would you?

Edited by kelmen, 07 January 2006 - 09:59 AM.

#87 aznvolleygurl

Sweee

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

welll...for me. i think suicide is just stupid wen it comes to just dying for pride...but if one really is feeling down...like theres really no more reson to live on earth...its their choice...but i really think if one is about to suicide, they should think about it more. and thoroughly.

I would reiterate again that suicide is just an act of a coward. Running away permanently from your problems and not facing it......is this how someone would want their life to be. Yeah, setbacks, depressions, failures, maybe not once but a few times......but if we just think about it.....work on it, i'm sure things will be different and work out better. Suicide is just a plain waste of time and a plain waste of sperms to start off with.
like sperms...u can always suicide and then take their sperms...thats if they are an organ donar. lol

#88 SakuraAngel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:32 AM

Personally, i think that it is the "coward way out" or the easy way out because it just tells society that the person who committed suicide or tried to cannot face their problems. And i dont think there is a bad enough problem that would make someone think of committing suicide. I mean, just try to make things better for the rest of your life then if you made a mistake or something.

#89 waiwaiwk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

I'm against suicide too, I mean life is strange sometimes and when you have it you might aswell try and sort your life out instead of killing yourself. Cowards indeed.

#90 kmingy

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:04 AM

i don't agree with suicide. from a Christianity point of view, its wrong to take a person's life tho its ur own. even after i reason it out, i still find its wrong because i think instead of just killing urself, its much wiser to live on n do good stuff. well, it takes alot of courage to commit suicide so if u have that courage, i'm sure u have d courage to live on n face ur probs in life.

• Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

Unless you are a orphant, otherwise I think suicide is an extremely stupid and irresponsible thing to do. Think about your parents who have spent so much time, energie and money to raise you up, and when you are unhappy, so you decide to die???????????? IT'S JUST TOO STUPID.

#92 heniqE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:25 PM

For those who think it's cowardly and stupid:

If you think your life always have sucked and you've never had any friends. Your family hates you. One night when your late home you got raped. You canät take it anymore, there is nothing to live for.

So is it still cowardly and stupid to suicide?

And YES, these people exists.....EXISTED.

#93 xoxoxo

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

Yeah i think it takes lot of guts to kill yourself but then yet i think it is a easy way out. I think it is very scarry to kill yourself and it can be very painful to do it. But then after you do it then you dont have to worry about it anymore.

#94 namie81

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

I feel it's a cowards way out. Its negative in ways that even if you don't harm anyone physically you can harm others mentally. Like the suiciders friends and family or even a unsuspecting spectator. I think commiting suicide is a selfish way out cause all the suicider is thinking about is how to end their life and how it would make it better for them.

At the sametime I think it takes a lot of guts to kill yourself, I wouldn't be able to do that

And for that comment about you hating urself, no friends, family hates you... etc. Theres always something to live for, its just the matter of making the first step. Even if it is to start off fresh, move to a new city etc..

#95 isabella

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:04 AM

I thinks some people commit sucide because he or she can't find a way out of things or his or her mind is unclear to them and started to do stupid things, which end up killing themselves...

some people don't have support from others that 's why they killed themselves if they had someone there for him or her then that person maynot have committed sucide

#96 ~Berry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

i think killing yourself is perfectly normal. well its your life and everything so your choice righ ?

#97 saturn_star

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:38 AM

I agree with some people...suicide is the stupidest way to get out of situations...you only have one chance and one life to live, value it...I can understand that some situations are just very hard to handle but at least try to solve it...but I really do feel sad to those who commited suicides also, especially their love ones...

#98 mrax

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:13 AM

traditionally, suicide was the coward's way out of what was a planned faith that one must suffer through in order to complete their 'mission' in life and so that they can continue on to the next life planned out for them in whatever form that may be. to commit suicide was to doom yourself to an eternity of not being able to come back as any life form. In today's world however, suicide is viewed by those who dare to pull it off as a quick end to present sufferings and therefore worth whatever they may endure in the afterlife as a result.

#99 chinkyang3l

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

i think it's wrong to do it b/c you're wastin life.
but to think about doin it isnt...evry1 has that time where they're juss at the edge of the brink.

• Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:38 AM

Committing suicide isn't necessary a coward or stupid thing. Imagine if you are under extreme stress and you couldn't think sanely which prompted you to take extreme measures such as killing yourself to end the misery. Look at it in the psychology point of view. This of course depends on the circumstances and the personality of the person.

I certainly wouldn't call a girl stupid or coward for committing suicide because she got raped by her own father and then got pregnant. Would you?

But if a person committing suicide because he/she got dumped by girlfriend/boyfriend then that's plain stupid.

#101 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

Honestly, I think most people (including me) thought of committing suicide. It's just that sometimes people don't have the guts to do it.

I agree committing suicide is not a smart choice in handling a problem. But I would like to add... who are we to judge the people who did that? It's true that the problem might sound small to us, but to the people facing them, it is the end of the world.

Personally, I think we shouldn't blame the people who committed suicide, instead I think as the friends and families of those people, they should pay more attention to them. Showing them more love and care, and that it is NOT the end of the world. More so, those people should think of other stuffs too before doing so. About their families, friends and the people who had always look up to them as a role model...

If that person were to think nobody would care... what about God? He shall never leave nor forsake you. Even if it's hard to believe, whatever problem WILL pass, and no matter how hard it is to overcome it, who knows what the future would hold? No problem is big enough for you to take your life. Maybe because I never had it, but to have the courage to handle a problem is much harder than to have the guts to take your own life! But there's one sure thing.... you'll never regret it. I know I didn't...

Love ya family, Love ya frens, Love yaself, and most of all Love ya life!

#102 aznsuicidal911

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:15 AM

View Postzinolith, on Sep 12 2005 5 55 AM, said:

Do you think it takes guts to kill yourself or is it just the cowards way out?

I personally think its fine if a person wants to kill themselves as long as they are not harming other people. Some religions think of sucide as a bad thing. Some cultures think its an honorable way to die. What do you guys thing about this?
its a coward's way out it because people suicise when they cant handle the fact of something bad happend to them and it takes guts to face ur own prblem

#103 Libran

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:52 AM

IMHO, I really think that committing suicide is just a coward and silly thing to do. They want to run from the fact of life, they want to run from problems but problems remain problems. Instead of solving it, they would eventually create more problems, as in, the family members would suffer, the friends would suffer, so many other people would suffer. It it literally selfish for them to do so. Thus, no matter what, committing suicide is not a solution, it is rather wanting to run away and could not face the world.

Perhaps,, the person is under tremendous pressure and stree from all sense e.g. from work, from family, from partner, financially. Basically, it's emotionally, mentally and maybe physically who knows? But then, I'm sure that there will be someone out there who is supportive. Sense needs to be knocked into that person's head. Probably that person is out of his or her own mind. They can turn to NGOs [Non-Governmental Organizational} to seek some help.

• Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:39 AM

no way...being a christian...I will go to hell if I kill myslef...so no .

#105 Finn the Human

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:24 AM

lol to the previous posters comment.

depends on how you were raised......that being what religion.....what type of ppl surround you....how much your parents are a part of your life. i tend to assume the closer parents are, the tendency to suicide would be less because that would be the last thing your parents would want you to do. if you hang out with a gang thats pretty laid back and get pressured enough to suicide for a cause....then your chances increases. if you feel depressed...then you might also wanna suicide.....all depends on how you view the world and after it and defintely how you were raised and ppl around you

#106 handsomepig

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:30 AM

Personally i think commit sucide takes alot of courage to do it. Try to stand 30 storey building and try to jump or take a gun and aim to your head.I argee with the comment that by commiting sucide also an act of coward by not facing the problem. Personally i think that when a person lose everything family, loves one, money(carrer) and friends... Poeple do take that road.

And about the whole religion thing commit sucided goes to hell. Get that sh*t out of here pls. I find it stupid

#107 Ditz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

i like the idea of suicide but i haven't died b/c of my family and friends. my mind is completely blank I do not know what my next step will be my movements are always slow i procrastinate I feel like the saddest being and the most annoying person ever but I want to repay everybody and fix all my problems before i die so no one needs to worry about picking up my mess along with their own

#108 onemenuett

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:01 PM

some people have more sense than others. one person can commit suicide over something really not that devastating, while others will choose to live and face problems that are much worse

#109 flaresz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

to be honest, i think suicide is completely stupid, im pretty sure there are others ways of solving the problem. i especially detest suicide bombers. if u want to end ur own like, do it, but dont kill others while ur killing urself

#110 animeChic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

Well for me my parents told me that if I would ever to commit suicide, that I wouldn't be allowed into God's Kingdom...Now I know that every body believes in different things but this is what I believe in....anyways, yeah I agree with you, If someone were to commit suicide, if they're not harming anyone in the prosses than they go through with it, Im not saying it's the right thing to do but if they have the gun to thier head and ready to pull....thats their decision.....no body elses...

#111 cannadreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

Sucide. I personally have thought of ending my life once and for all. People have their reasons. It's just wheather it make sense of not. But if you're talking about in general. I say why not. If there's is really nothing left to live for. Then end it. It's not my business if someone else dies. I don't even know them. But it's really sad that there are still people who wants to kill themselves. The only problem to do with suicide is the people/family/friends that are left behind who feel the lost that is unfortunate. other than that I have nothing against someone killing themseleves because it's their life I don't know them or anything

#112 kaiman1184

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:31 PM

If you want to die, y were you born. you weren't born to just die, u need to do watever you need to do and then let age or disease kill you. honesty, you can only die once and you only have one life, at the very least treasure wat you have.

#113 Reichan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

Suicide is neither something honorable nor something cowardly. It really depends on the circumstances of the person. It's your life, if you want to end it, go ahead, not my problem. As for suicide bombers, I can actually respect them to some degree, as they are ending their lives for something that they firmly believe in. I'm not advocating suiciding bombings, but there is a level of honor to them as opposed to those dictators who just hide behind politics or in caves.

#114 RadicalDreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:09 PM

if you are stupid enough to commit suicide you deserve to die. People who commit suicide are pathetic in my book since it just proves that if all things go wrong and they are unable to cope they take the cowards way out and kill themselves. The better approach would be to overcome such problems. People who commit suicide are mentally weak in all cases. Suicide bombers are idiots who are brainwashed to believe that they are killing for the good of their beliefs and those who commit suicide since things are not going right are idiots unable to cope. Those people should know that there are people that have things MUCH worst than their pathetic little problems and should do their best to overcome their problem since suicides will always affect people around them

#115 sor_mui_kimmy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:47 PM

well sucide is a bad thing.. come on, it like if life you get to enjoy things go and do whatever you want. my english teacher did a suicide. it was bad for my class because we are in our last year of school and it's like hard for us, because it's nearer to our exams.. and it will be complicated because we get new teacher and that.. so ending life is a no no..!!

#116 Fujimi_suki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:26 PM

we have a guy here on campus that killed himself cause of pressure from peers and what-nots. I just think that if people had just left him to his own devices then this wouldn't have happened. But some people suicide because of chemical imbalance or just some spare of the moment thingy i dunno really.
I don't think it's alright to just let someone die like that, no matter the reason, what is so horrible that u have to kill urself for anyways.

#117 Cherie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:09 AM

This is all my opinion, but I don't think suicide is a good way to take care of things. Suicide is just a quick way out when you can't support your problems anymore.

But suicide isn't only about you, it's about everyone around you, too. You can leave the world in a split second, but everyone around you who cares for you has to live with it for the rest of their lives.

And, if you think about it, what would happen to you if you attempted to suicide, but didn't succeed? You might end up disabled for the rest of your life.

But I also understand that sometimes, you really can't take your problems anymore and just want to give up. But this is a very stupid way to give up...I believe that there is always a solution to your problems, as long as you are brave enough to find them. ^_^

#118 pwanda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

View PostRadicalDreamer, on Feb 1 2006 7 09 AM, said:

if you are stupid enough to commit suicide you deserve to die. People who commit suicide are pathetic in my book since it just proves that if all things go wrong and they are unable to cope they take the cowards way out and kill themselves. The better approach would be to overcome such problems. People who commit suicide are mentally weak in all cases. Suicide bombers are idiots who are brainwashed to believe that they are killing for the good of their beliefs and those who commit suicide since things are not going right are idiots unable to cope. Those people should know that there are people that have things MUCH worst than their pathetic little problems and should do their best to overcome their problem since suicides will always affect people around them
I did a few semesters covering some basic health & behaviour -

I think precursors to suicide does not relate to only the individual, but most likely, his/her social cohort. People who have a strong social network will tend to be more resilient when faced with negative life issues. Individually, the way a person is brought up may also affect how he/she reacts to certain situations.

#119 KaiWen85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

i think people should be more supportive to people who are contemplating suicide , aside from that theres really no right or wrong about suicide if they aren't convinced themselves obviously.

#120 diopatra

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:14 AM

no matter what their reason is, suicide is still a stupid and cowardly way of getting out of life.

dont waste the give of life given to you, make use of it to be useful to others.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users