AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Grasshopper (Edmond So, Remus & Calvin Choy)

grasshopper edmond so remus & calvin choy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky_Doraemon

Lucky_Doraemon

Back to reality...T_T

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1619 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:13 AM

Calvin, Edmond & Remus make up the trio who once dominated HK music industry with their up beat songs and dance moves. Calvin and Remus Choy are the brothers in the band along with Edmond So, they have all grown up together and began their climb to fame by using a Japanese song and adding their own lyrics to enter a talent contest. 一起衝. However they did not win but were spotted by the late Anita Mui who took them under her wing and they toured together all over asia including USA, Canada and Australia, appearing as special guests. This lead to them becoming more popular and appearing in high profile singers concerts such as the late Leslie Cheung and the late Alan Tam.

Quite a while back not sure they disbanded and everyone did their own thing, Edmond joined TVB and one of the brothers went to open their own restaurant which lately have had reports of going bust.

Now they have re-joined and have a released a new single titled "Us" 我們.

Don't have any information about them just yet but i thought since they're coming back and they are one of my favourite groups from HK who release good music and that are not packaged solely for money making purposes. :yeah

Anyone heard their new song? I don't think it's as good as their previous releases but then again not much material nowdays can match up to that.

#2 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:13 AM

Grasshopper is so popular last time.They were one of the top group and suddenly they just dissapeared. I remembered watching them dancing. They are good dancers and singers!!

#3 robocup

robocup

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:34 PM

I saw them on JSG the other week. They seem to have lost the touch over the years.

The blue album with "Lonely" was one of my favourite

#4 hkdramafan

hkdramafan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:30 PM

They've been on the cantonese radio show 'superman' on Sept 19th, 2005:
http://www.rthk.org....n/20050919.html

Wait a minute after the first 44 min, second part of interview will open automatically.

update:
you can't download it cos it's a streaming file. hit the windows media or real player button and you can listen to the interview but you have to stay online for the whole interview (2-3 hours).

Edited by hkdramafan, 01 October 2005 - 05:41 PM.

#5 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the link!! Too bad i don't understand the word on the webpage. Can anyone please show me the right way to download their clips? Thanks in advance. :lol?:

#6 s u n d a e

s u n d a e

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

omGosh grasshopper .. use to be mine and my sister's favourite band .. way back what was it like ten years ago .. haha i can't believe they're back!!

mental note to tell my sister

#7 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

I didn't know that they got back together. I thought they just got back together for old times sake on the Ding show. THis is great news though. I remember listening to their albums a long time back and whenever I hear the songs I get a nostalgic feeling.

#8 MzAsian

MzAsian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:45 AM

is there any site to dl there old/new songs?
and pics?

#9 Toy[Souljah]

Toy[Souljah]

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:01 PM

Aww... I grew up listening to their songs. I was expecting their first comeback song to be an upbeat one... kinda disappointed. They just realeased a second song but I have not heard it yet.

This lead to them becoming more popular and appearing in high profile singers concerts such as the late Leslie Cheung and the late Alan Tam.

Alan Tam is still living and breathing... :lmao:

#10 donatellaversace

donatellaversace

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:02 PM

the group is great in singing and stage perfomrance but too bad so many rumuors and the unity of the team..that makes them not popular today

#11 cheryltan

cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

I remember first seeing Grasshopper as Anita Mui's back dancer. They have improve alot and I enjoy listening to their songs.

#12 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

They're one of my fav. bands too. It's funny that I re-watch some of their own music video clips & saw Edmond & realized that he's the dude in Family Man & some other series too.

#13 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3938 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:54 PM

http://www.mingpaonews.com/
http://www.asianfanatics.net
translations by xbunnylicious

http://img472.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img472/5250/07mg027ai.jpg

Yesterday during noon, the 2005 Chik Chak Music Awards has revealed the top five nominees for 'Favorite Male, Female, and Group Singers'.

Top 5 for Male: Eason Chan, Hacken Lee, Leo Ku, Jan Lam, and Chet Lam
Top 5 for Female: Miriam Yeung, Joey Ying, Denise Hocc, Fiona Sit, and Janice
Top 5 for Group: Twins, Grasshoppers, at17, I Love You Boyz, and Soler

The artists were allowed to have their own votes afterwards and the results went to Miriam with 13 votes and Eason with 7 votes.

#14 ♥ ying

♥ ying

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:28 AM

I don't know anything about them...I just knew that once I was small, my dad & I took picture with them...OI even had their pic. until now.

#15 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3938 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:55 PM

http://the-sun.orisu...s/ent/20051216/
http://www.asianfanatics.net
translations by xbunnylicious

Posted Image

The Chik Chak Music Awards will be held on January 1, 2006 and yesterday they announced the last top five places for the three awards. Yesterday they were also taking promotional pictures with everyone.

'My Favorite Female Singer' top five includes: Joey Yung, Denise Hocc, Miriam Yeung, Fiona Sit, and Janice Vidal. In the promotional photos, Joey and Miriam are in the center, indicating that it is an intense fight between them two.

'My Favorite Male Singer' top five includes: Leo Ku, Hacken Lee, Jan Lam, Chet Lam, and Eason Chan. Out of all of them, Hacken is the most 'special'. He hasn't have a live concert and it was also rumored that he had disagreements with the company. This year being able to be in the top five really seems like the results will be 'reversed'.

The Favorite Group top five goes to Grasshoppers, Twins, at17, I Love You Boyz, and Soler.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:03 AM

I'm looking for the song "Ngo Mun" - "Us". Does anyone know where can I download it?

#17 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:56 PM

I am looking for an old song call "cham mor tin sang pat si niu yan" (why am i born not a girl). This is one of their hit song!Can someone please let me know? Thanks in advance! :lol?:

#18 swe3tdreamz

swe3tdreamz

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:30 AM

hehe ive always been a grasshopper fan when i was small. Cant believe they have returned to the music scene.

It'll be great if someone can post the link to their song "WE" {wo men}. I love it too much ~~~ but dunno where i can get it. TT

#19 Phish

Phish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:19 PM

I think Remus is thebest singer and dancer outta the three.

When the Grasshoppers perform, remus' voice takes over the others and when they dance... the concentration goes to him cos he is a great performer.

#20 jasgal

jasgal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:32 AM

they are my fav band too.. used to listened their song since kiddo.. they disappeared for few years.. luckily now they are back.. thanks

#21 loveoncemore

loveoncemore

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:03 AM

remus is the best singer and the best looking out of the 3. is it true that he's gay?

#22 su.2..

su.2..

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:59 PM

um...i dunno is he gay.....mmm....yeah they're one of my fav band to...

#23 Hue87

Hue87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:51 PM

:D are they back !? don't here a lot from them in the last couple of years... i remeber that i was used to listen to their songs in my childhood !! wondering wether their singing sklills improve alot

#24 drwonsungi

drwonsungi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:56 PM

yupi.......they r back.
& i 'm going to see their concent on 19-50-2007.....singapore
did you all know how happy am i...............
wahahahahahahahhahaaha
i grow up with them .................^___________^V
they cheer up my life...wahaha
i listen to their songs in my childhood !! wahahahahaha.................
remus is the best singer & dancer i had ever know....^_________^V
they never disappeared .@ 1997 after their "bababa" album...
they stop coz Edmond getting married..........
but in 2001 they got go japan & debut their album..........
then they stop again..but they got come singapore to perform...............
i still remember i watching their first mv.........i
it like juz happen yesterday.......................
i still keep their first album (失戀陣線聯盟)wahahaha.......

#25 tantan79

tantan79

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:31 AM

They are my favourite too! I remember chasing them in my secondary school days! Still remember talking a photo with them and chatting with them! They were so friendly ! Yap...I love their concerts... I think when you go to their concerts, it's really like a concert compared to the rest of the singers now. (Sorry no offence) Grasshoppers can really get the crowd standing up and enjoying their shows. Too bad, they don't come out any new albums now...I really miss them.

#26 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

Credits: Serena @ http://asian-gossip.blogspot.com

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Movie King Seeks Help From God of Songs; Leslie Cheung Memorial Concert Starts Tonight

Tomorrow will be the five year death anniversary of Leslie Cheung. Leslie’s group of good friends will be supporting the memorial event. They will sing some classic Leslie songs as a tribute to his memory. There will be “God of Songs” Jacky Cheung, “Movie King” Tony Leung, Karen Mok, Joyce Cheng, Grasshopper, Deanie Ip, Anita Yuen, Chilam Cheung, Priscilla Chan, Anthony Wong and others.

Out of the entire group of guest performer, Tony announced his fear to sing in public. He admitted that is willing to sacrifice a lot of cells to sing “風繼續吹”. The Grasshopper is painstaking preparing a list of classic Leslie fast songs. They will be bringing back Leslie’s classic dance moves on stage. Jacky will sing “追”, “春夏秋冬” and other songs. He sighed that a lot of good friends have passed away these few years. He feels lonely and starting to avoid seeing people.

“Miss you Much Leslie 繼續寵愛音樂會” will feature a group of stars to remember a legendary idol – Leslie. Florence Chan expressed that another concert date was added because of the overwhelming response. There are some problems with Tony and Anita’s schedule so they will only perform on April 1st. Anthony Wong will perform at tonight’s concert only. Florence is especially thankful of Tony and said: “He said that he feels a lot of pressure when he sings and he is nervous. But I heard Tony sing three years ago at a Leslie memorial concert. Tony sang “當年情” and it was very touching. I tried very hard to invite him and am grateful because he is putting pressure on himself.”

There will be three stages and a bridge. Deanie Ip will kick off the concert and she will sing “明星” and “最愛” at the two concerts. After she finishes singing, the bridge will break. It will symbolize the separation of people. Florence said: “The performances will be about the same for both nights. Footage directed by different directors will be shown on the stage. A 7 x 7 feet red kite will be placed in the Hong Kong Coliseum. This way the fans can write down their messages to Leslie. It would be burnt as an offering to Leslie.” Yesterday afternoon, several singers made their way to the Hong Kong Coliseum to rehearse. Florence, Grasshopper, Joyce and Karen went to the blessing ceremony around 3:30 PM.

Yesterday afternoon at 4:50 PM, Tony rushed into the Hong Kong Coliseum to rehearse. He stayed for one hour before he left. Tony said: “It is more nerve wrecking then filming a movie. But it is a meaningful memorial to a friend so it is worth it.” Tony joked that each time he sang he will lose a lot of cells. He doesn’t sing karaoke often and the last time he sang was three years ago. He said: “A couple of days ago, I was in Shanghai for a function and I practiced singing when I had time off. I felt my singing was bad but I will try my best to convey my feeling.” He chose to sing “風繼續吹” because it’s a good song to listen and it would be easy for him. Tony said: “It’s a chance to remember Leslie. We are good friends and I remember how we spent our days in Argentina filming a movie. I also remember the gatherings and parties we had with a group of friends. Leslie loves a lively and cheerful atmosphere. I prefer to be quiet.” Would you ask your girlfriend Carina Lau to sing a duet with you? Tony said: “I don’t do the inviting. Carina doesn’t often sing. I would enjoy it.” A magazine reports that Carina is pregnant. Tony expressed that he doesn’t need to give a response to a gossip magazine article and it wasn’t true.

Jacky will sing “誰令妳心痴” besides “追” and “春夏秋冬”. He will sing “誰令妳心痴” with Priscilla. He admitted that he doesn’t feel pressured but he knows that Tony is nervous. Lately Tony has been calling him and Jacky said: “I feel that Tony sings well. There is no problem.” Do you miss Leslie? Jacky said: “Jim Wong once said that Leslie was an art piece. You don’t miss a part of him but him. Leslie is a very good person. It’s very unfortunate that he passed away.” The reporter asked about Florence’s other friends like Lydia Shum who also passed away. There is a lot of stress. Jacky feels that the world has changed when his friends passed away. It is a strange feeling. He feels very lonely. He doesn’t have a driving force anymore and he doesn’t want to see people. But he isn’t avoiding reality but needs time to adjust. Jacky said: “I don’t need to see a doctor. I will solve the problems and adjust slowly by myself. My home is my refuge. I take care of my children so I am busy 24 hours a day. I don’t think about other things. In comparison, Mrs. Chan is very frustrated and I act like a psychologist to her.”

Grasshopper will perform a series of fast songs like “Monica”, “失眠”, “Stand Up” and others. They have been rehearsing since three weeks ago. They will show off Leslie’s dance move. Remus Choi will do a solo rendition of “為妳鍾情”. All three of them said that Leslie was the perfect person. They will order new clothes to be made and hope that Leslie’s fans will enjoy it.

GiGi Leung will sing “柔情蜜意” and “我願意” which are love songs. She admitted that she doesn’t feel pressured. Leslie was charismatic and had a unique style on stage. People get a special feeling when he was on stage performing. People should learn from his attitude and not feel pressured. GiGi said: “Near the end of the concert, people will feel sad. I will use a positive attitude to commemorate this irreplaceable and legendary singer.”

#27 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5523 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:03 AM

I just watch Grasshopper 2006 Concert DVD yesterday. Personally, I think Calvin has the best voice (most beautiful), but somehow, I like listening to Edmond's voice more. It's true that his voice is not as strong and volumous as the 2 brothers, but, I find it soothing.

#28 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image

Grasshopper received award performing in Toronto

Grasshopper was invited by Markham City of Toronto to perform at the "Taste Of Asia" show. On the day, all the major roads in the city centre were closed for the first time. A 40 feet stage was built to enable Grasshopper to sing and dance.
The Grasshopper were interviewed by local radio station and they held a press conference and a book signing event as well. People asked them when are they going to have a concert in Hong Kong, as they would fly back to Hong Kong early to see them.

Those few days, Toronto's weather has been bad, kept raining heavily, thunders and lightening too. A lot of people have been praying for good weather. Maybe the sky listened. On that day, it was bright and sunny to let them sing and dance. Throughout the evening, all the Chinese and some Canadian were all dancing with them. It was quite a scene. One of the fans paid particular attention to Remus Choy, kept asking him to start a family. Remus smiled and asked " Is there any girl in Toronto you want to introduce me to?"
Fans carried black plate for the Grasshopper to sing their names .They wish So Boss and Winnie Lau to have another baby after their concert next year.

The city of Markham gave The Grasshopper an honorary Plaque to honour them for the music contribution and the professionalism in music industries as well as their charity contribution. Even though they were performing, they never forgot to appear for raising fund for Sichuen victims. The Grasshopper called out the audience to reach out their pocket for charity. All the proceed went to the Sichuen earthquake charity funds.

Source: Wenweipo
Translated by: Dragon888 @ http://www.asianvn.com

#29 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

Grasshoppers : Rushing back home to watch the Olympic Games

Posted Image
Picture: Edmund So, Remus and Calvin Choy

The Grasshoppers were guest performers for the Commercial Radio for 雷霆對叱迎奧大對決 in Shatin New Plaza yesterday. After their singing and dancing performances, they rushed back home to watch the Olympic games.

Edmund likes watching the diving event. Calvin noticed that China has someone over the age of 50 in the air rifle shooting event. This would be his breakthrough at this age. Remus also likes the diving, badminton, field track and volleyball. They are all China hopeful for gold medals. The Grasshoppers are supporting all of the events.

The Grasshoppers is hoping to have a concert at The Hong Kong Coliseum next year when it is open again. They have applied for next April's concert. Speaking about people online calling them 組合班霸, the Grasshoppers just laughed. They don't care what people call them; they will do their best in their concert. Recently they have frequent meetings to prepare for the concert and they want to give the audience the best experience in visual effects. They would also get some ideas from the gymnastic event, hopefully to enhance their forth coming performances.

Source:Wenweipo
Translator:dragon888@ http://asianvn.com

#30 Lil Sweetgirl

Lil Sweetgirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

one of them acts! it's cool.
but i don't know how he calls. but i know that two of them are brothers. they are really looking same!

#31 ChiKitWai

ChiKitWai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

hey people, anyone here fans of Grasshopper????