198 replies to this topic

#161 ArtificialSweetener

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

Generation V Pokedex http://www.serebii.n...e/pokemon.shtml

Design-wise, I only like around 10-15 of the new Pokemon. Excuse me for the rant, but I am personally disappointed this time around. What happened, Ken Sugimori and Co.? They used to create things like PIkachu, the Eevee evolutions, where you kind of saw where looked for influences in nature but still had a lot of originality. Its not that I don't like change, but it has become blatantly obvious that they are running out of ideas when they have to take such direct translations from the real world. A pigeon Pokemon that looks like a pigeon and a hermit crab Pokemon that looks like a hermit crab and evolves into one that has sediment layers on top of it (it's an interesting concept though). A Poke Ball mushroom........ >.<

#162 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:45 AM

Haha!!! Thank you for sharing some good comments and critics. But I think at first I just don't think they will be as good as the earlier generation Pokemon. But slowly, I adapt to it and I just think it is okay. And not as bad as if comparing to the Digimon as Digimon sounds technical and powerful such that they are in the digital world. I just like it and I sure I will buy Pokemon White someday!

#163 Ahgong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

saw on serebii that nintendo requested them to remove images of pokemon black and white. hopefully it will not affect us, fans, that much.. i too, at first thought it might not be as good as the previous few generations. but i'm used to them now. i'm so going to get the game soon! the english version, that is.

#164 Ahgong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

i've watched the first 2 episodes of isshu region. looks like they made ash look like a newbie trainer again. mijumaru reminds me of totodile, the way he/she danced. cutie!

#165 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:18 AM

Yeah it sounds lame that Ash was shown to be a beginning trainer. But in fact, he was not as he had traveled to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh region already. And now comes to Isshu region, But I think the script writer for Pokemon wanted us to new fresh beginning for Ash's Pokemon journey since the Pokemon route in Pokemon Black and White are all started in the single digit. And it seems there are no old Pokemon in the new games. So, it will be a good start.

I share my comments that when I watched the first episode, I heard the narrator saying that Ash is 10 years old. But, I think Ash should age a little! Never mind as long as I can feel the adventure again!

#166 Ahgong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

is ash gg to get all 3 starters? i read some spoilers from the forum at serebii and it seems like it. i don't know if that's good though..i've finished watching the 3rd episode! i love mijumaru!

#167 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

View PostAhgong, on 04 October 2010 - 03:38 PM, said:

is ash gg to get all 3 starters? i read some spoilers from the forum at serebii and it seems like it. i don't know if that's good though..i've finished watching the 3rd episode! i love mijumaru!

Yeah I had watched the 4th episodes. I found out the episodes are fast-paced compared to the previous season sagas. I really love Mijumaru & Pokabu as well!! Oh, I gradually love it more than the previous gen starters.

Yeah it's kinda predicted that Ash will get all 3 starters of gen 5 in Isshu Region. Firstly, he captured Mijumaru in the 3rd episode and followed by Pokabu which is captured in episode 4. And for Tsutarja, he captured it only
Spoiler

Next, we will look into the first gym battle and we will meet the third male lead, Dent which is one of the gym leader in the city. Can't wait for episode 5.

It seems Isshu region is following the same first season travelling in Kanto. Ash had captured the three starters. The third male lead, Brock which is in 1st season also first appeared in episode 5 and Dent will also appear in Isshu region of episode 5 as well!

Edited by jse, 09 October 2010 - 08:55 AM.

#168 Ahgong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

i've just watched it too. pokabu is cute! like a lil baby. and mijumaru loves to grab ash's attention lols. i've just realised that iris wanted to capture both miju and pokabu but both wanted ash in the end. wonder if it'll be the same for tsutarja. i think tsutarja will be the cool one. like how treecko was.

#169 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

Further updates about the Pokemon anime for Best Wishes! Ash had captured Tsutarja! It is a female and she is a powerhouse for Ash's future team. And it's a great time to have Iris and Dento to be together with Ash for Isshu journey. I really like the improved anime graphics in here. Team Rocket have a big mission in Isshu and I wonder what it is? It's full of suspense. Looking forward to watch the following episodes next weeks! :thumbsup

#170 Hohenheim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

I've only watched pokemon season 1 and 2. How many seasons are there now?

#171 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

View PostHighPriestz, on 16 November 2010 - 09:36 AM, said:

I've only watched pokemon season 1 and 2. How many seasons are there now?

There are a total of 14 seasons.
The 1st season is the Kanto Region, the 2nd season is the Orange League Islands, 3rd, 4rd & 5th season is in Johto Region.
The 6th, 7th & 8th is in Hoenn Region whereas the 9th season is in Kanto Region for Battle Frontier.
The 10th, 11th, 12th & 13th season is in Sinnoh Region.
Now currently is the 14th season now in Isshu Region.

Edited by jse, 19 November 2010 - 07:41 AM.

#172 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

53 Seconds Video Clip for Pokémon Black & White US Release
Official Game will be released on March 6, 2011.

Confirmed English Names for the Gen V Pokémon
Starter Pokémon: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Others:
* Professor Araragi: Professor Juniper
* Hiun City: Castelia City
* Chillarmy: Minccino
* Gigaith: Gigalith
* Munna: Munna
* Hihidaruma: Darmanitan
* Meguroc: Sandile
* Mamepato: Pidove
* Shimama: Blitzle
* Gear: Klink
* Encourage ability: Sheer Force
* Overconfidence ability: Moxie
* Pigeon Heart ability: Big Pecks
* Sweep Slap attack: Tail Slap
* Wild Bolt attack: Wild Charge
* Telekinesis attack: Telekinesis
* Zorua: Zorua
* Zoroark: Zoroark
* Zekrom: Zekrom
* Reshiram: Reshiram
* Yanappu: Pansage
* Baoppu: Pansear
* Hiyappu: Panpour

Visit http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us

Edited by jse, 29 December 2010 - 10:32 AM.

#173 bawero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

Pocket Monster or more well-known as Pokemon! I like this game and series so much!!! I used to play pokemon yellow, red, blue, green, gold, silver, and ruby version. Now they have countless version and I don't know any new pokemon anymore.

#174 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:21 AM

Here is the potential English name for Gen V

Link: http://pokebeach.com...e-pokemon-names

#175 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:35 AM

Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma It's so epic!

#176 -koolio-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:12 AM

I love the pokemon movie 13 because it has zoaroak in it zoroak was so cool clapclap . :iloveyou:
And i love the season that has May and Max because i love kids who are smart because they can do anything thats why i love Max and why i love May Because she pretty and has cute pokemon too. :yeah :yeah

I wish i could meet the person that made pokemon because i have lots of question to ask him/her and see the characters. :drool
If i could i would maybe invite them to see you i mean if you want. :V

i this clip of pokemon:

its awesome
:thumbsup

:team rocket in best wishes are sooo smart i wish that they would be dumb so that they could be fun like in the seasons before. :crying:

#177 XCGunners

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

This series still goin on? Can someone give me the detail which pokemono series i need to start first?

#178 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:00 AM

View PostXCGunners, on 13 March 2011 - 07:10 AM, said:

This series still goin on? Can someone give me the detail which pokemono series i need to start first?

Yeah, it can be said that Pokemon anime series is one of the longest run anime among others. So it consists of 14 seasons. 1st Season will be Ash, the main character of the show starts his journey in his home region, Kanto. And here is the link to all episodes among the seasons in Pokemon anime.

Link:
http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/

So, if you really want to watch from the beginning, you should look into the blue label and next season will be orange label journeyed to be in Orange League. And this follows accordingly. But to watch it, it takes a lot of time since it consist of 685+ episodes now. :unsure:

Edited by jse, 13 March 2011 - 08:01 AM.

#179 CryX

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

lol i love pokemon! i remember my first time watching it i was so addicted to it and i waited everyday on tv to watch it.. i was so excited too i bought like all these pokemon stuff lol... my fav was that dito pokemon!

#180 nightkid5

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:54 AM

yeah......i love pokemon a lot........when first episodes i watch it, i already addicted to it........i even got play the games boy advance that time too!!!

#181 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

View Postjse, on 07 February 2011 - 03:35 AM, said:

Japanese TV Station had postponed these two episodes of the Team Plasma vs. Team Rocket and another episode has also been postponed as well. I just missed the episodes but I know the reason why they postponed them. This is due to the ultimate Japanese earthquake which lead to destruction of the city which correlates the story of the two episodes. But I will watch the rest of the episodes. :unsure:

#182 bawero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

haha, i think I like Jessie, James and Meowth. I do mad at Ash sometimes for bullying them. They aren't that evil and they do help Ash and the gangs if they're in trouble just like in Mewtwo and Entei movie.

#183 ArtificialSweetener

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:00 AM

Still don't like many of the designs, but its a great game. Like that they still have a fairly strong storyline post-Elite Four. Really need to train now that the important battles are all Lv. 75+.

#184 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

View PostArtificialSweetener, on 19 April 2011 - 05:00 AM, said:

Still don't like many of the designs, but its a great game. Like that they still have a fairly strong storyline post-Elite Four. Really need to train now that the important battles are all Lv. 75+.

Haha?! Do you currently playing Pokemon Black and White? It's a fun game, better than the previous gen games. I like the seasons as well as the environment there. :thumbsup

View Postbawero, on 18 April 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

haha, i think I like Jessie, James and Meowth. I do mad at Ash sometimes for bullying them. They aren't that evil and they do help Ash and the gangs if they're in trouble just like in Mewtwo and Entei movie.

It seems like Team Rocket is a good guy in the movie but in the series, they will be the opposite always capturing Pikachu. :loool:

Edited by jse, 21 April 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#185 mewmew

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

Didn't know that Pokemon is still going strong. I use to collect the cards back in the day when they only had 150 Pokemon plus mew. Although, during that time, the only way I could get the limited edition holographic mew card was to watch Pokemon's 1st movie in theaters and boy, was I a sucker for that. They even had Pokemon leagues back in the day, where you can collect badges and trade pokemon cards with other fans and let me tell you, they drive a hard bargain. My all time favorite pokemon was Charizard and it was difficult to find for some odd reason, but I did manage to get it from a trade. As time pass, I find it difficult to keep up with all the new pokemons and gradually lost interest.

Edited by MeWmEw, 22 April 2011 - 02:34 AM.

#186 ArtificialSweetener

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

View Postjse, on 21 April 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

Haha?! Do you currently playing Pokemon Black and White? It's a fun game, better than the previous gen games. I like the seasons as well as the environment there. :thumbsup

It seems like Team Rocket is a good guy in the movie but in the series, they will be the opposite always capturing Pikachu. :loool:
Currently addicted to Pokemon Black and totally agree that it has been a gigantic improvement from past games. I love that I can catch a lv. 69 Starmie in the wild now! I'm waiting for spring to come so I can finally get a Castelia Cone, just for the sake of having one.

Favourite wild encounter: Audino (those who have played probably know why :tricky: )

View PostMeWmEw, on 22 April 2011 - 02:16 AM, said:

Didn't know that Pokemon is still going strong. I use to collect the cards back in the day when they only had 150 Pokemon plus mew. Although, during that time, the only way I could get the limited edition holographic mew card was to watch Pokemon's 1st movie in theaters and boy, was I a sucker for that. They even had Pokemon leagues back in the day, where you can collect badges and trade pokemon cards with other fans and let me tell you, they drive a hard bargain. My all time favorite pokemon was Charizard and it was difficult to find for some odd reason, but I did manage to get it from a trade. As time pass, I find it difficult to keep up with all the new pokemons and gradually lost interest.
I still have my Mew card! Yeah, I remember the days when Charizard was worth $100 per card (ridiculous is an understatement). You were so lucky to have gotten it from a trade! :D

#187 bawero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

It seems like Team Rocket is a good guy in the movie but in the series, they will be the opposite always capturing Pikachu.
i wouldn't say Team Rocket is a good organization but I believe Jessie, James and Meowth are. I remember they were like secretly supporting Pikachu when it got defeated by Raichu. They also felt sorry to Charizard when Charizard was obviously weaker than any Charizards in the Charizard Valley. There's an episode tells about Jessie's past. She wanted to be a nurse just like joey but she failed to become a nurse because she couldn't "Sing", a technique that used by Chansey to put patients into sleep. I wanted to cry watching that episode, it was very touching.

#188 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yeah I personally think the fan base for Pokemon in Season 1 is the strongest. Back to the days where I'm in my school olden days, the students are all playing Pokemon trading card game. They are betting with each other and it's so famous that I myself decided to buy me a box of trading cards. And I think I really like it much. But now it has been gradually diluted and it had never been sounded among the public especially the children. It seems like there is an obselescence in here. Despite this, I still support Pokemon in terms of its ever continuing airing anime until Season 14 and the annual movie production. And now for this year, they come out the dual movie. It means there are two movies to be aired simultaneously. But, I don't know about the further detail regarding it. Anyway, looking forward to the news updates.

Mentioning about Pokemon types in my mind, I personally like Ice type, Grass type, as well as Water type. How about you all? :blush

#189 bawero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Yeah I personally think the fan base for Pokemon in Season 1 is the strongest. Back to the days where I'm in my school olden days, the students are all playing Pokemon trading card game. They are betting with each other and it's so famous that I myself decided to buy me a box of trading cards. And I think I really like it much. But now it has been gradually diluted and it had never been sounded among the public especially the children. It seems like there is an obselescence in here. Despite this, I still support Pokemon in terms of its ever continuing airing anime until Season 14 and the annual movie production. And now for this year, they come out the dual movie. It means there are two movies to be aired simultaneously. But, I don't know about the further detail regarding it. Anyway, looking forward to the news updates.
in my place, digimon was like more popular and I remember all my friends had at least 1 tamagotchi including myself. However, I'm more into Pokemon, haha and some of my friends did play pokemon cards. I had few decks but never played them because i don't know how to play. ^_^*

I like fire type pokemon. Charmander is my favourite!!

#190 mewmew

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

View PostArtificialSweetener, on 22 April 2011 - 06:17 AM, said:

I still have my Mew card! Yeah, I remember the days when Charizard was worth $100 per card (ridiculous is an understatement). You were so lucky to have gotten it from a trade! :D

I gave all my cards away to my cousin, but kept Charizard. I remember how I had to trade my friend several holographic cards just for it, as I didn't have any luck getting it from a pack of cards. Truth be told, cards now are worthless, one could easy purchase a pack of cards for a buck. Looking back, I can't believe how much money I've spent on cards, binders, and sleeves :ohmy

Edited by MeWmEw, 23 April 2011 - 01:42 AM.

#191 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:12 AM

View Postbawero, on 22 April 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

in my place, digimon was like more popular and I remember all my friends had at least 1 tamagotchi including myself. However, I'm more into Pokemon, haha and some of my friends did play pokemon cards. I had few decks but never played them because i don't know how to play. ^_^*

I like fire type pokemon. Charmander is my favourite!!

Yeah I think Digimon is more popular than Pokemon. But in fact, Digimon has been stopped in its production but still Pokemon is still in progress. So, I personally think Pokemon is more more sustaining than Digimon.

#192 bawero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

View Postjse, on 26 April 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

Yeah I think Digimon is more popular than Pokemon. But in fact, Digimon has been stopped in its production but still Pokemon is still in progress. So, I personally think Pokemon is more more sustaining than Digimon.
digimon was more popular because they had tamagotchi but i prefer Pokemon and Pokemon defeated digimon after that. Digimon was very popular with season 1 and 2 while season 3 is less popular but still very popular.

#193 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

I like the 5 generations Fire starter Pokemon: Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape & Emboar

Posted Image

And I like this artwork..

Posted Image

Edited by jse, 23 May 2011 - 11:10 AM.

#194 ArtificialSweetener

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

Love the Charizard and Blaziken :thumbsup

What was the point of giving us the three orbs if we can't even use them in B/W? The Griseous(sp?) orb is the only useful one for changing form.

#195 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostArtificialSweetener, on 23 May 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

Love the Charizard and Blaziken :thumbsup

What was the point of giving us the three orbs if we can't even use them in B/W? The Griseous(sp?) orb is the only useful one for changing form.

Yeah, The Griseous Orb, but I think it can help powering up the power of Giratina. I really miss this dragon/ghost pokemon.

#196 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Oo...this thread becomes quiet now. Alright, I will update the latest news about Pokemon. It seems Pokemon Gen V will eventually come to an end. And here comes the Gen VI. They had released the 1st trailer for the Gen VI games named Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. The games will be released in October 2013.

1st trailer in Japanese
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=2MYbmIxzer8

1st trailer in English
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=4bIrWryFc7A

Legendary Pokemon, Xerneas
Posted Image

Legendary Pokemon, Yveltal
Posted Image

Fanart of Starter Pokemon from Gen I to Gen VI

Posted Image

Fire Starter Pokemon: (from left to right) Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig & Fennekin

Grass Starter Pokemon: (from left to right) Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy & Chespin

Water Starter Pokemon: (from left to right) Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott & Froakie

Edited by jerebtvb, 25 January 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#197 TVBGeek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

haha!! POKEMON! I love the games! brings back childhood memories. I have the complete set of games, but I love the Hoenn Region the most. The starters are the cutest especially mudkip. Posted Image

Edited by TVBGeek, 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#198 jerebtvb

Forum Obssesser

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

View PostTVBGeek, on 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

haha!! POKEMON! I love the games! brings back childhood memories. I have the complete set of games, but I love the Hoenn Region the most. The starters are the cutest especially mudkip. Posted Image

Whoa! Envy you having the complete set of the games. Wish you been active in this thread.

#199 TVBGeek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

hahaa! it was worth collecting them all though as I still play it. They are still in good quality condition although I've bought the earlier versions many years ago ^^! Really love the days back then with all those Gameboy games especially pokemons.

isn't this cute? hahaa!

Edited by Ait Wang, 10 February 2013 - 03:01 PM.
merged posts, removed image dead link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users