AF needs funding again

Photo

Billionaire David Saperstein Dumps Wife In Mid-Air

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 feverfew

feverfew

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2313 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:13 AM

MOGUL DUMPS WIFE IN MID-AIR

BILLIONAIRE David Saperstein ditched his wife of 23 years in truly spectacular, high-flying style.

He and Suzanne Saperstein - whose flagrant spending on clothing earned her the title "Savior of Couture" - were on their private jet in mid-September. They were flying from their $100 million home in Beverly Hills, which is modeled after Versailles - he to Houston and she to Europe.

During the stopover in Houston, The Houston Chronicle reports, David got off the plane and his lawyer got on - to serve unsuspecting Suzanne with divorce papers.

"David wants to have the divorce in Houston because if the divorce is heard in California, Suzanne will automatically get half," a pal of the couple told PAGE SIX.

Suzanne proceeded to file in California - the couple's home since 1996, according to a 2002 Vanity Fair article on the super-spending duo. And some say David, who made his fortune in car dealerships and radio, may want to save himself the embarrassment of a Houston trial.

"He has gotten very close to their former nanny," the friend said.

The nanny to the couple's three children, Jennifer, Jonathan and Alexis, was "a beautiful young Swedish woman in her 20s - she looked just like Suzanne did when David met her."

Suzanne and David met when she sat next to him on a flight in 1982, when she was 21. When David told the Swedish Suzanne he thought European women were too hairy, she put her leg over his lap, took his hand and guided it up and down from calf to thigh to prove him wrong. They married four years later.

Over the years, the couple tried to become a guiding force on the L.A. social scene, and Suzanne hired the nanny to watch over the kids while she was away shopping.

"Suzanne took a liking to the nanny and started giving her her old clothes and couture she didn't wear anymore," the pal said. "She looked like a mini-Suzanne. You figure out what happened next. Suzanne was stupid."

Suzanne's lawyer, Donn FullenBILLIONAIRE David Saperstein (right) ditched his wife of 23 years in truly spectacular, high-flying style.

He and Suzanne Saperstein - whose flagrant spending on clothing earned her the title "Savior of Couture" - were on their private jet in mid-September. They were flying from their $100 million home in Beverly Hills, which is modeled after Versailles - he to Houston and she to Europe.

During the stopover in Houston, The Houston Chronicle reports, David got off the plane and his lawyer got on - to serve unsuspecting Suzanne with divorce papers.

"David wants to have the divorce in Houston because if the divorce is heard in California, Suzanne will automatically get half," a pal of the couple told PAGE SIX.

Suzanne proceeded to file in California - the couple's home since 1996, according to a 2002 Vanity Fair article on the super-spending duo. And some say David, who made his fortune in car dealerships and radio, may want to save himself the embarrassment of a Houston trial.

"He has gotten very close to their former nanny," the friend said.

The nanny to the couple's three children, Jennifer, Jonathan and Alexis, was "a beautiful young Swedish woman in her 20s - she looked just like Suzanne did when David met her."

Suzanne and David met when she sat next to him on a flight in 1982, when she was 21. When David told the Swedish Suzanne he thought European women were too hairy, she put her leg over his lap, took his hand and guided it up and down from calf to thigh to prove him wrong. They married four years later.

Over the years, the couple tried to become a guiding force on the L.A. social scene, and Suzanne hired the nanny to watch over the kids while she was away shopping.

"Suzanne took a liking to the nanny and started giving her her old clothes and couture she didn't wear anymore," the pal said. "She looked like a mini-Suzanne. You figure out what happened next. Suzanne was stupid."

Suzanne's lawyer, Donn Fullenweider, would only say, "There are two cases pending - one in Texas and one in California, and in Texas, fault is a factor."

David's lawyer, Harry Tindall, didn't return our calls.

weider, would only say, "There are two cases pending - one in Texas and one in California, and in Texas, fault is a factor."

David's lawyer, Harry Tindall, didn't return our calls.

Source

#2 -jinnie-

-jinnie-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:25 PM

this guy is such a jerk :duh :duh :duh he has no respect for his wife!!! its bad enough that he is going to ditch her for a younger woman....he doesnt want her to get anything out of him!!! thats why men are all arseholes~!!! :harhar

#3 tally

tally

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1983 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:30 PM

LOL that is messed up but I guess it was coming since they hired such a young nanny. Hope she gets a good settlement otherwise no more shopping for her LOL

#4 sakhee

sakhee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

yea u sud say tat hes a jerk and i cnt disagree with tat but jinny wtf are u talkin about tat all men are assholes....

#5 dominyqz

dominyqz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:19 PM

who are both of them anyway? :lmao: divorcing in mid-air? sheesh...rich people nowadays could really be up to things that are very riddiculous huh?

#6 heykiko

heykiko

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:04 AM

he's such a jerk. that's so messed up and no one deserves to be dumped like that.

#7 berries8

berries8

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:33 AM

wow that is so harsh and cruel. I guess he was sick of her spending all his money on clothes and wants someone prettier and younger. Still that was a mean thing to do....

#8 krustytwistie

krustytwistie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:26 AM

People put yourselves in his shoes - you got a wife who spend your $$$ like water and not lifting a finger to care for the young not to say the hubbie. If I'm a man - I'll do the same to her - she spend my $$$ like a true high flyer then she shd be rid of the same way.

I can't say hitting on the nanny is good but men are men - if your partner leave you alone for too long -something does itch and conveniently a replica of your partner is around and willing plus she's all the homely, dress up in your wife clothes and caring for your home (who won't fall for that).

#9 highdeehoe

highdeehoe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

wow....

I guess ppl are quite heartless, eh??? :argh

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:40 PM

Seems like a trend these days to ditch their wives for a younger model. So sad...and to have plan it in such a way is pretty bad. Reminds me of the movie, "Serving sara".
I hope she gets at least something after all, she did devote 20 years of her youth to him.