AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Michelle Yeoh (楊紫瓊)

michelle yeoh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 yeohmui4ever

yeohmui4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:22 AM

Posted Image

BIRTH NAME: Yeoh Choo Kheng
ENGLISH NAME: Michelle Yeoh
BIRTH DATE: August 06, 1962
ZODIAC SYMBOL: Leo (in western zodiac); Tiger (in eastern zodiac)
BIRTH PLACE: Ipoh Perak, Malaysia
NATIONALITY: Malaysian
ETNICITY: Chinese
RELIGION: Buddhism
HEIGHT: 5'4" (165 cm)
WEIGHT: 106 lbs (48 kg)
EDUCATION; B. A. in dance and drama at LONDON ROYAL ACADEMY OF DANCE
SPOUSE: Dickson Poon (1988-1992; divorced)

ABOUT MICHELLE YEOH:
>1983-crowned as miss malaysia and miss moomba (australia)
>started her acting in a comercial with jackie chan
>fought her way to the top in the male - dominated worlg of Hong Kong actio films
>has been know for years as "queen of martial arts"
>one of the only female stars whom jackie chan allowed to do her own stunts
>choosen by "people" magazine as one of the most beautiful people in the world in 1997
>release a single CD in 1992, "love quite like a comet", from her movie "butterfly and sword"
>has been a jury at the 2002 caannes film festival
>one of the highest paid chinese - language actress in the wold
>highest paid actress in asia
>has sustained a lot of injury in filming
> started her own production company "mytical films" in 2000

FILMIOGRAPHY:
1. the owl vs dumbo (1984) - miss yeung
2. twinkle, twinkle lucky star (1985) - judo instructor (cameo)
3. yes, madam (1985) - ng lo sin
4. rioyal warriors (aka in the line of duty) (1986) - michelle yip
5. magnificent warrior (1987) - fok ming ming
6. easy money (1987) - yang ning?michelle yang
7.police story 3: supercop (1992) - yang jian hua/hana
8. butterfly and sword (1993) - sister ko
9. the heroic trio (1993) - ching-ching/chan san/invisible woman
10. holy waepon (1993) - mon ching sze
11. executioners (1993) - ching ching/chan san
12. project S (1993) - yang jian hua/jessica
13. tai chi master (1993) - qui shue/siu lin
14. wing chun (1994) - yim wing chun
15.wonder seven/phantom seven (1994) - fang yin
16. shaolin popey 2: messy temple (1994) - ah king (cameo)
17. ah kam (1996) - ah kam
18. the soong sisters (1997) - soong ai-ling
19. tomorrow never dies (1997) - colonel wai lin
20. moonlight express (1999) - michelle (aka sis) (guest star)
21. crouching tiger, hidden dragon (2000) - yu shu lien
22. the touch (2002) - yin
23. silver hawk (2004) - lulu wong/silver hawk
24. memoirs of a geisha (2005) - mameha

*for more informatio about michelle yeoh you can visit the websites: www.michelleyeoh.info; www.michelle-yeoh.org; www.yeohfanz.com

Edited by yeohmui4ever, 16 October 2005 - 02:47 AM.

#2 michelleluv

michelleluv

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:09 AM

:yeah wow!!!sis aileen!! you made it!!! congrats!!! clapclap :yeah

Michelle Yeoh is really my idol... :iloveyou: :worship shes really a great actress, and according to my vibration, even though I havent met her before I can say shes a good person... :dance :tricky: :yeah

#3 yeohmui4ever

yeohmui4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:36 AM

hi,

just want to share photos of her

this photos were taken when she went to taiwan

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 cheryltan

cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:14 AM

Michelle's a great actress!! and she's from the same country as me!!
I'm so proud that Michelle Yeoh is so successful not just in HK but Internationally as well :)

#5 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:23 PM

:yeah Ey melody are you also a fan of ms. Michelle Yeoh? your name is also familiar.. <_< :whistle  :wacko:  :noclue  hehehehe...anyways hope so more people and fan of ms. Michelle will visit and post here.. :wasntme  We are from Philippines and a solid fan of Michelle Yeoh :yeah  clapclap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I'm a fan of Michelle since 2001... :lmao: actually there's still a lot of fans out there but unfortunately ever since SH & TT's MB broke down, I practically lost contact with them... :wacko: You're from Philippines, huh?? Wow! I know quite a lot of Michelle fans from Philippines... ^_^' clapclap

hi melody, i also post in MB of SH and TT, but the the MB of the touch was down for a very long time now, you said your from malaysia, so you always saw michelle when she comes home.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, what a pity..... Even though I'm also from Malaysia, I live in Penang Island not in Perak where Michelle's parents live.... so when she comes back to Malaysia, I won't meet her.... :crying: I see her in the newspaper more often though.. :lol?: I only saw her in person once during silver hawk's premiere which was held in Penang... clapclap

Michelle's a great actress!! and she's from the same country as me!!
I'm so proud that Michelle Yeoh is so successful not just in HK but Internationally as well :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey cheryltan, I'm just wondering which state do you live in? same as Michelle??? I'm as proud as you to have such a amazing fellow malaysian!!!! :lmao:

#6 yeohmui4ever

yeohmui4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:08 AM

Yeah, I'm a fan of Michelle since 2001...  :lmao: actually there's still a lot of fans out there but unfortunately ever since SH & TT's MB broke down, I practically lost contact with them...  :wacko:  You're from Philippines, huh?? Wow! I know quite a lot of Michelle fans from Philippines...  ^_^clapclap
Yeah, what a pity..... Even though I'm also from Malaysia, I live in Penang Island not in Perak where Michelle's parents live.... so when she comes back to Malaysia, I won't meet her....  :crying: I see her in the newspaper more often though..  :lol?: I only saw her in person once during silver hawk's premiere which was held in Penang...  clapclap
hey cheryltan, I'm just wondering which state do you live in? same as Michelle??? I'm as proud as you to have such a amazing fellow malaysian!!!!  :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi,

at least you saw her in person already unlike us here still wait for the day that we will sawher too in person.

announcement: to the filipino fans of michelle, memoirs of a giesha will be shown in the philippines on january 18, not february 15, like i first told you.

#7 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:48 AM

Hi girls!!! Welcome to Asianfanatics.net!! Good idea about starting the Michelle Yeoh thread out here.... clapclap

i'm not really sure if you girls know...i used to post at the SH MB before but had stopped because been so busy with school!!!

KEEP THE POSTS COMING!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey renren! Ya, I remembered you from SH MB, I used to post as Melody, haha... :lol?: Now SH n TT had shut down, so we're using here, I guess! Hopefully we can gather more people, haha!

BTW, do you guys know Michelle posted in Jane's site's guestbook?? She did the same with Kityi's site! She posted as Leo!!

Oh and Memoirs' site is up although there's not much, but still there's 2 wallpapers with Mameha n Sayuri!

Fearless' site is up too! Although Michelle's character's a minor role, but hey! I'll still support her!! :lol?: The cast picture of Michelle is absolutely gorgeous!!!
http://img487.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img487/4091/michelle557qt.jpg

Credits to Jane and Dean for keeping me informed on the latest news! :lol?: clapclap

Edited by $t@rRy_Br!gHt, 12 November 2005 - 03:36 PM.

#8 michelleluv

michelleluv

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:51 AM

:blush Ah guys I just want to ask a question. :blush Do you think in the future there will be a person, an actress, or whoever she/he is that will be more like Ms. Michelle Yeoh? hehehehe, I'm just asking ^_^'

Edited by michelleluv, 21 November 2005 - 09:51 AM.

#9 yeohmui4ever

yeohmui4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:30 AM

you mean, a person who looks like her, also in action movies, maybe a bit look like her, also be in action but, no one can replace her.

announcement: the showing date (philippines) of memoirs was again changed again, i will just tell you when the final release date is fixed.

#10 michelleluv

michelleluv

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:50 AM

:yeah correct!!! no one can replace her, by the way I want to ask a question again :blush , ah...is that true that when you are a chinese your name that has been given to you has a meaning? ^_^' and if that is true do you know what is the meaning of the real name of Ms. Michelle Yeoh? ^_^' :wasntme

#11 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

:yeah correct!!! no one can replace her, by the way I want to ask a question again  :blush , ah...is that true that when you are a chinese your name that has been given to you has a meaning? ^_^'  and if that is true do you know what is the meaning of the real name of Ms. Michelle Yeoh? ^_^:wasntme

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually for some people it has meanings. For some families, each generation has the same name... like my name is zhuang (surname) yun shi, my sister's name is zhuang pei shi.... ^_^' For Michelle's case, her name is Yang Zi Qiong. Zi means purple, Qiong is a kind of special/rare jade (if I'm not mistaken). Some people think her name is Zi because there's a saying that is: Hong (red/also means famous) Dao (until) Fa (become/ turn) Zhi (purple). To them, it means like she will be famous like her name = famous rare jade. To me, she's SPECTACULAR because of who she is not what her name is!!! :lmao:

Edited by $t@rRy_Br!gHt, 25 November 2005 - 12:16 PM.

#12 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:29 AM

what you said stary_bright is correct, that also what i've read from the articles that i've got, also like you i don't think that her name makes her famous, she work hard to be where she is right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:hug hehehehe, hello star_bright!!! I know you were not reffering to me :hug , well as we all know no one can never be a famous because of her/his name, its because of her/his effort  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For a moment there, I thought you mistaken me... :lmao: Anyway, I found it such an insult when they say that, cause it's like saying she didn't do anything to deserve such fame. That way, Michelle's hard work and sacrifices will be wasted........ :wacko: Maybe I'm just toooooo sensitive sometimes..... :blush

#13 dettol

dettol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:54 PM

Action-film smart, 'Geisha' graceful

Posted Image

Posted Image

New York -- "Memoirs of a Geisha," the Oscar-hyped adaptation of Arthur Golden's 1997 best-selling book, slogged through development purgatory while Steven Spielberg decided whether to direct it. (He didn't; Rob Marshall of "Chicago" did.) Studio suits also were gun-shy at the prospect of mounting an all-Asian production for Yankee audiences.

The executive in Michelle Yeoh gets it. In fact, during an interview at the Waldorf-Astoria, the actress sounds more like a cigar-chomping mogul than a pioneering feminist in Asian cinema.

"I've been a producer before for a couple of my own movies," she says. "I can understand the stress related. It's not a small- budget movie. We're talking $80 million and an all-Asian cast speaking in English. In "The Last Emperor" still you had a strong Caucasian role in there. Now you're telling a story so far in the distance from American culture. When you make such a big investment, you want certain things guaranteed."

"Geisha" reintroduces Yeoh to American audiences for the first time since 2000's "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." Her best known film role here before was as a Bond girl in "Tomorrow Never Dies" (1997).

Yeoh, 43, says only an American film generates worldwide exposure, and the prospect excites her. She plays Mameha, the kindly geisha mentor to Sayuri (Ziyi Zhang), who is sold to a Kyoto geisha house by her parents.

The geisha hostess craft is not entirely foreign to Yeoh: She refined the art of presentation as a beauty pageant contestant in the early 1980s in her native Malaysia, and also as a dance student at London's Royal Academy of Dance.

Fans are used to seeing Yeoh's feline grace in action fare. But all the kicking and punching she has done to make her the highest-paid Chinese-speaking actress has no use in the contained world of a geisha. She abandoned her karate training during "Geisha" production last December and January, dancing off the set to accent finesse over fury.

"When you do an action film, you get a great way to release pent-up frustration," she says, looking in fighting shape in a white peasant sweater and tight jeans. "When else can you walk down the street and beat up five guys or run up a wall?"

Yeoh is still smarting from her experience on the wheeling- dealing side. A business partnership with a friend who she thought shared her taste went sour, so Yeoh had to dissolve her Mythical production company. Under her own banner she made the English-language "The Touch" and the superhero romp "Silver Hawk."

Sweating the details off camera made her a better actress and more understanding when things on the set went awry, she says. Regret, resignation and a quiet determination sustain her character in "Geisha."

The real Yeoh, however, seems to harbor little regret. She got her start as an actress in a commercial with Jackie Chan, then became a regular in the Hong Kong film scene.

When she married prominent producer Dickson Poon in 1988, they agreed she would leave acting. She did not appear in a movie between 1987 and 1992, when she and Poon divorced.

Her return to the screen turbocharged her popularity. Yeoh is perhaps the only actress in the world to consistently appear as an empowered heroine.

The death of two friends reminded Yeoh of the frisson driving her many martial arts films: that fate lurks around every corner. She says her secure outlook on life onscreen and off was obliterated in 2003 when "Farewell, My Concubine" star Leslie Cheung committed suicide, and Anita Mui, sometimes called the Madonna of Asia, died of cancer with Yeoh at her bedside. Both were in their 40s.

Yeoh speaks of a "certain denial" at first, but the blows left a lesson. "At the end of the day you have your life now," she says.

And there is physical pain, too, from years of doing her own stunts. Ask Yeoh where it hurts, and you get a medical chart full of answers. Back, knees, neck in particular. "When the weather changes," she says, "you remember, 'Ah, that was when I did "Crouching Tiger." Ah, that was when I did "Police Story," ' and so on."

Although she is nearing a crossroads for even the most spry of kung fu thespians, Yeoh has no plans to walk away from the fight.

"I have the option of doing both," she says. "I read whatever comes to me first because the writers who wrote it deserve my time. It doesn't matter, action film or drama."

Source: http://www.sfgate.com

#14 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:37 PM

Romantic retreat beckons

BY K. SUTHAKAR

KUALA TERENGGANU: It has all the trappings of a charming and romantic retreat: an idyllic island with swaying palms, sandy beaches and soft breezes.

Famous lovebirds Jean Todt and Datuk Michelle Yeoh have fallen in love with Pulau Duyong and they plan to build their holiday paradise here, where they can go for some peace, quiet and privacy.

“It will be ready in a year's time,” said the 59-year-old Ferrari supremo, who met the former Bond girl at the Magni-Cours Grand Prix in France last June.

Posted Image

Michelle Yeoh
It is learnt that the house would be a “traditional wooden villa” built on stilts, close to the Heritage Bay Club on the island. Construction would start soon.

“We want it to be a little bigger,” Todt, the chief executive officer of the racing world's most famous name, told newsmen at the Monsoon Cup venue on the island yesterday.

Todt, who appeared in video clips overseas promoting the Monsoon Cup, said he and his fiancée hope to spend some time on the island in between their hectic schedule.

He said Yeoh, 43, who is also featured in the video clips promoting the Monsoon Cup in Malaysia, could not make it to the event as she was filming in London.

“I will meet up with her in Los Angeles after this trip.

“We are planning to be in Malaysia during Christmas and New Year,” he said.

Regarding a “jackpot question” about their wedding that was on everybody's mind, Todt smiled and said: “I will let you know when the time comes.”

Yeoh was previously married to producer Dickson Poon.

One of her most eagerly awaited movies, Memoirs of a Geisha, will be released next month.

Source: The Star Newspaper (Malaysia)

#15 boi

boi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:37 PM

can't wait for her movie to go out. man judging from the screen cap she looks so sophisticated and posh, definitely suits her role in the movie.!

#16 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:10 PM

Michelle Yeoh: Making Memories

Posted Image

Probably the most Westernized of the female Oriental cast in the new film Memoirs of a Geisha, actress, martial artist and ex-ballerina Michelle Yeoh still retains the ultra-polite mannerisms she grew up with in Malaysia. She made a point of shaking hands and chatting briefly with every journalist who interviewed her at the recent New York press event for the film.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 dettol

dettol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image

Born as Yang Zi Chong in the mining town of Ipoh in West Malaysia in the lunar year of the Tiger, she spoke English and Malay before Chinese.

A ballet dancer since age 4, she moved to London, England to study at the Royal Academy as a teenager. After a brief dance career, she won the Miss Malaysia beauty pageant title in her native country and the Miss Moomba beauty pageant title in Melbourne, Australia in the early 1980s. Her first on camera work was a 1984 commercial with martial arts star Jackie Chan. In 1985, she began making action movies with D&B Films of Hong Kong. She was first billed as Michelle Khan, then later, Michelle Yeoh. Never a trained martial artist, she relied on her dance discipline and her on-set trainers to prepare for her martial arts action scenes.

She uses many dance moves in her films. She still does most of her own stunts and has been injured many times. Ironically, she still cannot read Chinese and she has to have Chinese script read to her. In 1988, she married wealthy D&B Films executive Dickson Poon and retired from acting. Even though they divorced in 1992, she is close to Poon's second wife and a godmother to Poon's daughter. When she returned to acting, she became very popular to Chinese audiences and she became known to western audiences through her co-starring roles in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) and in the phenomenally successful Wo hu cang long (2000) aka Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' directed by Ang Lee. She turned down a role in a sequel to The Matrix (1999).

She has her own production company, Mythical Films and has trained with the Shen Yang Acrobatic team for her role in The Touch (2002), an English language film she is both starring in and producing. She hopes to use her company to discover and nurture new filmmaking talent. She also wants to act in roles that combine both action and deeper spiritual themes.

Trivia:

Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. [1997]

One of the only female stars whom Jackie Chan lets do her own stunts.

A former Miss Malaysia, she got her start in acting in a commercial with Jackie Chan.

Miss Malaysia [1983]

Fought her way to the top in the male-dominated genre of Hong Kong action films, where she has been known for years as the "queen of martial arts".

Has a Bachelor's Degree in Dance from the Royal Academy of Dance (London, England).

One of the highest paid Chinese-language actresses in the world.

Highest paid actress in Asia.

Released a single CD in 1993, "Love Quite Like a Comet", from her movie Xin liu xing hu die jian (1993).

Surname, "Yeoh" is pronounced "yo".

She is currently engaged to Jean Todt, the director of the Ferrari F1 team. [2005]

She speaks 3 languages, English, Malay and Cantonese. However, she can't read Chinese and relies on pinyin (a system of phoentic notation) to pronounce words. In Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, she uses pinyin to recite her lines (with help from Mandarin speaking crew members) in Mandarin as she doesn't speak the dialect.

Member of the jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 2002

In 2001, she was given the title of "dato'" by the Sultan of Perak, her native state. "Dato'" is an honorary Malaysian title somewhat like an English knighthood, and it lies below the ranks of "Dato' Seri," "Tan Sri" and "Tun."

Member of the jury at the Berlin International Film Festival in 1999
Personal quotes:

"The reason why I decided to wait two years after the Bond movie, and to work with Ang Lee in a martial arts movie, is because I really believe that this genre deserves more respect and dignity than it's ever been given. Before, people saw it as a fairy tale; they felt they could take it easy. But it shouldn't be about that. It's so steeped in our culture, it should have more depth to it. It's never easy to find that balance, when it's such a magical type of film, to make you accept our soaring to the skies... it was a risk, but when we did this movie, it was for a Western audience."

#18 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:31 PM

ops. i forgot to quote.....
i cant remember where i got it. some page that looks a bit orange in colour?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

orange in colour???????? :wacko: ^_^' Oh well, nevermind, I just wanna know out of curiousity. Anyway, if you guys want some beautiful pics of Michelle on Memoirs of a Geisha, Jane's site has a whole lot of it! Especially on the Premiere photos. I'll post a few of my favorites.

Premiere in Japan - 29th Nov
Posted Image

U.S. Premiere - 4th Dec
Posted Image
Posted Image

Variety Screening - 5th Dec
Posted Image

Promotion Photos, Time Magazine...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Striking, isn't she??? :lmao: :iloveyou: :blush

P.S. Please go to Jane's site for a larger and better view of the pictures! :lol?: All the credits to Jane, of course!

Edited by $t@rRy_Br!gHt, 21 December 2005 - 04:35 PM.

#19 YeohFan

YeohFan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:51 AM

Just wondering whether you guys read the novel Memoirs of A Geisha by Arthur Golden. I've just finished reading (502 pages...  :shocked: ) and would like to say it's a great book, hopefully the movie will be just as the book or better, especially when Michelle's in it. Anyways, can't wait for it to show in Malaysian theaters!!!!  :lmao:  clapclap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi StarryBright! Sorry it took so long for me to finally get around to posting :whistle however, I'm finally here. Yep, I loved the book, the movie is gorgeous and Michelle is great! You guys will be very lucky. Know why? Because you'll get to see the movie for the first time! I don't get that experience unfortunately. Sigh...I already had it. I'm not bragging, either - one of the great pleasures I get is seeing Michelle in a film I have never seen before. That means her new movies, because I have seen nearly all of them.

It is also why I love reading news about her, seeing new pics of her. I miss our lady! :noclue :iloveyou:

#20 YeohFan

YeohFan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:13 PM

Btw, not sure if you guys are aware of this site, but during the filming of Sunshine (Michelle's next movie to be released after Memoirs) someone who had access to the sets, director and stars did a blog and is continuing to post during post production. If you want to check it out, go to Sunshine Blog

Edited by YeohFan, 07 January 2006 - 11:15 PM.

#21 yeohmui4ever

yeohmui4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:40 AM

hi everyone,

just want to share this article i read from her site.

Michelle will NOT appear in Jet Li's Fearless (Chinese title Huo Yuanjia).
Recently Fearless had advance screenings in Taipei and Beijing. Audience surprisingly discovered that Michelle did not appear in it - all her scenes had been cut. The explanation from the film company is that the first cut version was too long - it was more than two hours. Although this version got a greenlight from the Chinese officials in last November, director Ronny Yu decided to re-edit the film and make it shorter. The new version reduced from the length 143 minutes to 103 minutes and the order of the film sequences was re-arranged. The deleted material includes a fight sequence of Jet Li with a Thai Boxing champion as well as all of Michelle's parts. Ronny Yu met with Michelle and discussed the matter, and Michelle showed her understanding.
Originally Michelle was supposed to guest star in the film as a modern martial artist who tries to get martial arts listed in the Olympics. Her character, Miss Yang, would only appeared at the beginning and the end of the film and she had no fight scenes. Michelle spent two days at the filming set in Shanghai last July. Taiwanese "Liberty Times" asked the film company and Michelle's assistant whether Michelle was paid for this work, both said they don't know. Michelle agreed to appear in the film because of her friendship with director Ronny Yu and Jet Li. Now Michelle's name has been removed from the official site of Fearless.

i see there are new you are posting here, welcome to YeohFan you seem familiar may i know who are you, also welcome to dettol may i also know you name. thanks for posting in this thread.

#22 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:39 PM

Versatile Michelle

Since her big screen debut 22 years ago, Datuk Michelle Yeoh has delighted viewers with her butt-kicking action. But in recent years, she has proven her mettle as a character actress, as seen in Memoirs of a Geisha. LI EE KEE the story.

Posted Image

DATUK Michelle Yeoh sauntered into the press suite at the swanky Park Hyatt Tokyo and greeted journalists from Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand with a cheerful hello. We were there to interview the actress-producer about her latest movie, Memoirs of a Geisha.

It was my first meeting with Yeoh and the first thing that struck me was her exceptionally slender frame. She wore a ruffled blouse matched with the skinniest pair of jeans I have ever seen. Looking at her, it is hard to imagine that this “queen of martial arts film” could bring down, let alone fight, anyone.

However, make no mistake as Yeoh is no dainty Malaysian flower. All her roles to-date have been strong, independent types. In Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), she broke the Bond Girl sex-kitten stereotype by playing super-agent Wai Lin and giving 007 a run for his money.

Now, in Memoirs, she plays the quiet geisha Mameha, mentor to Zhang Ziyi’s Chiyo/Sayuri. Although she does not use kung fu to bring down her rival, she is still no pushover.

“We are similar yet different in so many ways. We’re focused, disciplined and strong. But she differs from me, particularly in the philosophy of what it takes to be a geisha.

“As a geisha, there are so many rules to observe and obey. You do not talk about love. You’re not a wife. And as a result, Mameha, though she longed for love, had denied herself all that because she was the perfect geisha.

“But when I was playing her, I couldn’t even try to imagine how she could deny love, one of the most powerful emotions. She wasn’t a cold or bitter woman. She just accepted her life. So when we were filming some of her more emotional scenes, after I finished each shot, I had to go out (screamed) and then come back (appearing composed) and start again,” said Yeoh.

Unlike Mameha, Yeoh does not believe in surrendering to fate.

“If there is something you want, then you have to work for it. Fate is in your hands.”

The former Miss Malaysia 1983 added that Mameha is her most challenging role yet.

“When I talk, it’s always with big actions and to create a character that is the opposite of me is a test of my skill as an actor.”

The challenge lay in conveying Mameha’s constrained emotional life. Unlike Hatsumomo, Sayuri and Mother who could scream, throw things and slap each other when they were angry, Mameha was always in control.

“I needed viewers to understand and see into Mameha’s inner world. Every time she breathes, I need viewers to experience her pain because she won’t tell you, shed tears or have any outburst of emotions,” said Yeoh.

Indeed, Yeoh is far from the passive woman that Mameha is. In person, she is animated and boisterous. A fast talker, she is especially vocal when speaking about the lack of opportunities for Asian actors in Hollywood.

“What they (Hollywood) don’t know is that they just fall back on what’s been done over and over again. So, unless actors of our generation take a firmer stand and do not accept roles of stereotypical Asian women, things will not change. There is so much talent from Asia, not just living in Asia but in the United States and Europe. But the stories have to change whereby they have to accept that Asian faces are part of the make-up of their society as well.”

Yeoh hopes that Memoirs is the first step in the right direction.

“All of us knew that it was a privilege being in this movie, especially as Asian actors because such opportunities don’t come often. We realised the unique position we were in because if the movie does well, hopefully it will open more doors for Asian actors in the future,” said Yeoh.

Commenting on the casting controversy, she noted that since they arrived in Japan, never once did any of the cast feel any hostility from the Japanese.

“You have to understand that we come from a culture where we have played cross-cultural roles before. This is not the first time a Chinese played a Japanese or a Japanese played a Korean. What you have to understand is that we’re actors and this is our skill. The most important thing is that we respect the culture and character we portray.

“Unfortunately, there are not enough roles for Asian actors to start off with. So any Asian actor, forget about Japanese, Chinese, South Koreans or whatever, have to give an arm or a leg for a role like this.”

After Memoirs, Yeoh, 42, can next be seen in director Danny Boyle’s Sunshine, in which she plays an astronaut. From the look of things, this Ipoh-born actress may have just broken through the Asian stereotype.

With a career that is going places and a loving fiancé, Ferrari supremo Jean Todt (and what about that large blue diamond ring on her engagement finger, eh?), she has every reason to be happy.

“That is my philosophy. It’s important to appreciate what you have rather than vie for something that’s not there. I’m lucky for what I have. I’m doing a job I love, I’m healthy, my family is well and I have great friends around me. What is there not to be happy about? I think a sense of appreciation is important. After that is learning to let go of things.”

So what is the one thing she most enjoys now? She broke out into a cheeky laugh before answering: “Oh, things?”

Source: The Star

Oh yea.... do check out Cinema Online Geisha's site

Although we can't see Michelle's face in this wallpaper, still it's Mameha...
Posted Image
Credits to cinema online..

There's also some pics of Mameha in helloziyi.us
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/geisha-sayuri-mameha-share-tea.jpg

http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/geishatrailer/memoirs-of-a-geisha-hd-trailer-029.jpg

http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/geishatrailer/memoirs-of-a-geisha-hd-trailer-031.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/geishatrailer/memoirs-of-a-geisha-hd-trailer-033.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/geishatrailer/memoirs-of-a-geisha-hd-trailer-038.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/geishatrailer/memoirs-of-a-geisha-hd-trailer-048.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/geishatrailer/memoirs-of-a-geisha-hd-trailer-078.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/new/memoirs-gallery-19.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/new/memoirs-gallery-25.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/new/MoaG-32.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/new/TIME200511_cover.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/new/memoirs-gallery-23.jpg
http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/geisha-painters-studio.jpg

Here's Memoirs press video, it's about 10MB, it has about 1 minute of Mameha and Sayuri (with the fan dance!!) and Michelle's interview - Michelle's so cute with her actions in the interview! :lmao:
http://www.helloziyi.us/Videos/memoirs-promo-video.wmv

Credits to http://www.helloziyi.us/

There's also a Sunshine pic...

http://michelleyeoh....g/sunshine1.jpg
Credits to MYWB - Jane's site and Sunshine blog

That's all for now, update other stuff later..

Edited by tammiest, 07 May 2008 - 08:20 PM.
Max. 3 Pictures Per Post; please leave the rest as normal links-- thank you! :)

#23 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:29 PM

thanks for the post stary bright,great pixs

no prob! :lol?: good things should be shared... oh and there's something happened to me yesterday........................ I SAW MEMOIRS!!!!! :lmao: :buahaha :yeah clapclap ... getting a bit tooo crazy sometimes.... :wacko: Absolutely LOVE Mameha!!! :iloveyou: Made me hate Baron... why oh why did he have to break Mameha's heart!!! :argh Oh and I'm also worried over Michelle now! While watching the movie, I realised 1 thing.... when Mameha turned her back (in her kimono), you can see her backbone clearly!! :shock She's getting sooooooo skinny!!! Practically all bones! Was she too busy over her filming??? Gosh! she should have her break!

Michelle, (if you ever read this) please take out some time to rest and relax! work is important but your health is more important! We love your movies but please don't get yourself too tired over it! Take Care!!

#24 yeohmui4ever

yeohmui4ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:10 AM

good for you, while us we are still waiting for its release here.

from her site news page

Michelle is going to celebrate the Chinese New Year (it's the 29th this coming Sunday) with her boyfriend and her family members in Italy. Malaysian newspapers said Michelle's mother is flying to Italy Thursday.

#25 YeohFan

YeohFan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

Hey gang! Where is everyone!? Michelle has been to Malaysia to the Malaysia Grand Prix, the Grand Prix dinner, and then she was in Shanghai! She has been one busy lady of late. Wish I knew how to add pics!

Hope everyone is doing well - cya!

#26 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

Hey gang! Where is everyone!? Michelle has been to Malaysia to the Malaysia Grand Prix, the Grand Prix dinner, and then she was in Shanghai! She has been one busy lady of late. Wish I knew how to add pics!

Hope everyone is doing well - cya!

Yea... I happen to catch that in the news. Even though I'm in Malaysia, I'm in a different state..... Plus my parents will never allow me to go... so... :crying:

There's an interview in The Late Late Show with Michelle...., credits to Jane from Michelle Yeoh Web Theatre! You guys simply have GOT to watch this, Michelle's so gorgeous in it. She talks about Memoirs and also her injury in Ah Kam (!) Also check out MYWT for Michelle's Aldo Fight Aids news!

A huge thank you here to Jane and Dean again for this lovely clip and Michelle's updates, I owe both of them big time!

Edited by $t@rRy_Br!gHt, 04 April 2006 - 01:55 PM.

#27 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

I'm sure those who visited Jane's site will know about this, she has 2 upcoming movies.... I just read The Star today, and guess what? It's going to be Boarding Gate & Hua Mulan!!!!

No plans to marry

Compiled by LI EE KEE

LAST year, after Jean Todt reportedly confirmed that the large diamond ring spotted on Datuk Michelle Yeoh's finger was an engagement ring, it set off a flurry of speculation over a wedding between the Ferrari F1 team boss and the Malaysian actress. Last week, Yeoh announced that she has no immediate plans to tie the knot with her French beau or have children. She may, however, consider freezing her eggs for future use.

“We've talked about it. I've been married before. We'll stay together as long as we're happy. We don't necessarily have to get married. Marriage is a bonus. Being together is enough. I also like to be independent,” Yeoh reportedly told Hong Kong's Apple Daily.

Her marriage to Hong Kong tycoon Dickson Poon in 1988 lasted three years while Todt, 60, has a son, Nicholas, from an earlier marriage.

Posted Image

Being together with her sweetheart is enough for Yeoh.
What about children? “I have five godchildren and four nephews. I can't even take care of myself ? having children is a long-term commitment. I don't think this world is so great that I need to have many children,” the 43-year-old star said.

Later, when asked if she might follow other professional women in having her eggs frozen, she replied: “I might. Science is advanced now. I can't imagine what's it like to have a baby at 50. But nothing is impossible.”

Yeoh, last seen in Memoirs of a Geisha, has just finished filming director Danny Boyle's sci-fi thriller Sunshine in Britain. She is due next to star in Olivier Assayas' (Maggie Cheung's ex-husband) thriller Boarding Gate and Peter Pau's action-drama Hua Mulan.

OMG!!!! :O

Credits to The Star, of course. The Article

Edited by $t@rRy_Br!gHt, 30 April 2006 - 03:52 PM.

#28 YeohFan

YeohFan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:32 AM

Hey gang! Sorry it has been so long. Just to let you guys know, there is a teaser trailer of sorts for Sunshine at the Sunshine blog site http://www.sunshinedna.com/videos/8. Check it out! Not enough of Michelle but it looks really good.

Hope everyone is fine. Take good care k?

Cya!

#29 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:21 AM

thanks dean, for the update! I saw it, it's a pity that Michelle's part in it's a bit small, BUT it looks great! Can't wait to see it, 9 months to go!! lol But I can hardly hear what they're saying, except for Michelle's NOOO!!!! lol

#30 YeohFan

YeohFan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

For those who are interested, here are two pieces of news for ya:

1. There is a way for you to give your birthday wishes to Michelle - go to www.michelleyeoh.info and you will find a Birthday Greetings page. You can post there (though be sure it posts; if it doesn't post right away, wait a little while (like an hour) and try again - they've had problems at the webhost side...). Right now there are over 170 wishes. Michelle's birthday is in less than a week so get busy!

and 2. The Michelle Yeoh Collective/Michelle Yeoh Online Fan Club (unofficial) is having it's annual Michelle Yeoh Birthday Chat on Sunday, August 6th (Asia time) starting at 9 am Hong Kong Time. The chat will be open for probably 8 hours, so anyone who wants to appear and chat with other fans and celebrate Michelle's birthday is welcome! The website is www.michelle-yeoh.org, and click on Chat Room on the menu bar and log in.

See ya there!

#31 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:54 PM

For those who are interested, here are two pieces of news for ya:

1. There is a way for you to give your birthday wishes to Michelle - go to www.michelleyeoh.info and you will find a Birthday Greetings page. You can post there (though be sure it posts; if it doesn't post right away, wait a little while (like an hour) and try again - they've had problems at the webhost side...). Right now there are over 170 wishes. Michelle's birthday is in less than a week so get busy!

and 2. The Michelle Yeoh Collective/Michelle Yeoh Online Fan Club (unofficial) is having it's annual Michelle Yeoh Birthday Chat on Sunday, August 6th (Asia time) starting at 9 am Hong Kong Time. The chat will be open for probably 8 hours, so anyone who wants to appear and chat with other fans and celebrate Michelle's birthday is welcome! The website is www.michelle-yeoh.org, and click on Chat Room on the menu bar and log in.

See ya there!

I posted my birthday wishes already... Michelle posted too... not to herself of course, but to us... As for the chat, I'm not sure if I'm going or not, cause my mom's birthday is the same day (yup! 6th Aug)... anyways, you guys have a great time and if the birthday girl drop in, please send my regards to her!!! :lmao:

#32 Michelle.

Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7403 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:31 AM

Michelle Yeoh's Graceful Photo Album

Credits to: Crienglish

http://img167.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/my.php?image=michelleyeoh1ey5.jpg
http://img511.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/my.php?image=michelleyeoh2by9.jpg
http://img167.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/my.php?image=michelleyeoh3qa1.jpg
http://img511.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/my.php?image=michelleyeoh4ew6.jpg
http://img511.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/my.php?image=michelleyeoh5rq6.jpg
http://img332.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/my.php?image=michelleyeoh6qo3.jpg

Edited by tammiest, 07 May 2008 - 08:22 PM.
Removed broken Imageshack [img] tags :)

#33 PinkRoses

PinkRoses

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:41 AM

I really like her action-packed movies... I heard she's one of the 50 Most Beautitful people In the World... I think she deserves it.

#34 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:19 AM

I really like her action-packed movies... I heard she's one of the 50 Most Beautitful people In the World... I think she deserves it.

Yup, she's 1997 People's 50 Most Beautitful people In the World... :lmao:

#35 dettol

dettol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:58 AM

http://i140.photobuc...0823_150859.jpg
credit to me!

Haha...this is her wax figure in Hong Kong.

Hi, i've never been here for a long time already. She still seems quite happy with Todt, which is good and i'm happy for her too.

Btw, do you know Jean Todt also receive Datukship already? Now, this golden couple are both Datuk....

Edited by tammiest, 07 May 2008 - 07:56 PM.
Please don't quote [img] tags in replies :)

#36 LoVeNiKi

LoVeNiKi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:56 AM

Wow. I'm a fan of Michelle Yeoh, she is so pretty. She is a good actress. I really liked her in Wing Chun, and Silver Hawk, she was great. BTW those are very beautiful pics. :thumbsup

#37 dettol

dettol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:35 AM

Michelle is getting married

http://img211.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img211/8892/michelleyeohtodt1lgeb7.jpg

Actress Michelle Yeoh, 44, who is engaged to Ferrari motor-racing team boss Jean Todt, 61, is planning wedding banquets in Italy, Malaysia and Hong Kong.

Sporting a diamond ring on her right ring finger, the former Miss Malaysia told reporters, “Actually, you have seen this ring a few times.”

She said Todt, who is French and has a Ferrari racing manager son, had popped the question and added, “The date hasn’t been set but it should be soon.”

She said she would start preparing for her nuptials after wrapping up her latest Hollywood film, Babylon A.D.

This will be her second marriage. Her first, to Hong Kong tycoon Dickson Poon, ended in divorce after three years in 1991.

It was her ex-boyfriend Thomas Chung, a Hong Kong movie producer, who introduced her to Todt in June 2004. Three months later, Todt announced that they were engaged but Yeoh denied it the next day.

Hong Kong newspaper Apple Daily said she accepted his proposal just months ago. [Sinchew]

credit: dailydumpling.
posted in AF entertainment news by j033y

Edited by tammiest, 07 May 2008 - 08:23 PM.
Removed broken Imageshack [img] tags :)

#38 dettol

dettol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:59 AM

Posted Image

KUALA LUMPUR: He is keeping mum on the wedding date and preparations but Datuk Seri Jean Todt talks straight from his heart about what attracts him to fiancée Datuk Michelle Yeoh.

“We are happy together,” said the 61-year-old Ferrari chief executive officer at a press conference yesterday.

“She is a very loyal, dedicated and down-to-earth person. We have a lot of common views. It is like a team effort.

“She likes the people around me, my friends and my son. It is the same for me with her family and friends. So, it is not just between her and me. It is all around us, which is very important.”

However, when pressed about whether a date had been set and what preparations were being carried out, Todt smiled and said: “We will let you know. We have very good press officers who will let you know.”

When asked whether he was miffed by speculations about his personal life, he said he did not care about such things.

Todt, who is in the country for the F1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix this weekend, said Malaysia was close to his heart because of several things, including the fact that Yeoh and her family were from the country.

“I have made very good friends in Malaysia. My fiancée and her family are from Malaysia. So it has created a very strong link.”

The Frenchman also said he was honoured to be bestowed the “Datuk Seri” title by the Sultan of Terengganu, now the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin, last December.

Looking relaxed, Todt opened up about other things he held dear in life, including participating in medical research by the ICM – a brain and spinal cord research centre – in Paris.

“I give a lot of my free time to this medical research centre. And there are doctors and businessmen who are working hard to achieve something very important to me.”

He said he tries to enjoy life because it is short and that he had been rewarded “quite a lot” in areas such as business, which had always been his passion and allowed him to meet some outstanding people.

“The most important thing in your life are the people, in your private and business life.”

Source:TheStar

#39 cheryltanfc

cheryltanfc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

Michelle Yeoh to join Jet Li in part 3 of “The Mummy”

Posted Image

Michelle Yeoh Joins the Third "Mummy"

Actress Michelle Yeoh has been confirmed to star in the third episode of "The Mummy" series, which is going to be called, Mummy: Curse of the Dragon.

Michelle Yeoh will play a wizard in the third mummy film, in which Kung Fu star Jet Li plays the bad guy, the mummy. In this episode, the mummy is China's first Emperor of Qin, a shape-shifting entity who was cursed by the wizard centuries ago. However, the wizard will try her best to defeat the mummy and his mummy troops, who were unearthed by a father and son.

The pair once collaborated in the Kung Fu movie "The Tai Chi Master", so the latest cooperation between Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li is being eagerly anticipated as both of them are known for their martial art abilities.

The film will start shooting on July 27, and later it will come to China to shoot in Xi'an's Terra Cotta Warriors museum. It's the first Hollywood production that has been allowed to shoot in the museum.

The movie is due to open to the public in July, 2008.

#40 $t@rRy_Br!gHt

$t@rRy_Br!gHt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hey guys, click this URL to vote Michelle for the Hottest Female of Asian Origin! http://www.voote.com...mp;VoteItemID=8

Also, for those of you who still havent know yet, you can submit your birthday greetings to Michelle in Jane's website already! http://www.michelleyeoh.info Michelle checks every year so be sure you drop in a line! ;D