AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Beauty] Do cleanser, cream, mask can expired?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 charlene_choi2

charlene_choi2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:41 AM

i find a cleanser at home that i haven't use it for one year. can i use a cleanser, cream or a mask that i haven't used for like one year? or it's bad for my skin?

#2 2002 X5

2002 X5

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10102 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:22 AM

Cleansers you haven't used for that long can expire. I wouldn't risk using it. Cause the chemical changes. Since it's for your face you shouldn't risk getting a rash or even worst burning your face. Throw it out.

#3 Luci13666

Luci13666

cUtiE pIe ~_^

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:48 AM

Yea, they do expire, they should have an expiration date somewhere on the bottle. But they normally last for more than a year.

#4 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:26 AM

Omg....really???? Omg....i think i have skin cancer!!!!!

So, when do they really expiry????

HELp!

#5 xiaoxiu

xiaoxiu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:09 AM

cleansers, masks, creams usually last about one year.

Makeup...about 6 months or so.

#6 precious_honey

precious_honey

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:26 AM

the product are mostly good for 1 year. after 1 year your suppost to throw it out. but it depends on what the product is and where you put it. if you put it in room temp then it's should be ok for 1 year but if you put it in hotter places it's get bad pretty fast.

#7 anchor

anchor

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:22 PM

normally i finished it even before the expired date. but according to your question. yes most of the product have expired date.

#8 cheryltan

cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:46 AM

Yes, it normally does expire. Better not use it if it hasn't been touched for a long time. Better be cautious now than regret later.

#9 kittymaro

kittymaro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:32 PM

i find a cleanser at home that i haven't use it for one year. can i use a cleanser, cream or a mask that i haven't used for like one year? or it's bad for my skin?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm, check the expiration date. i am not sure that they do expire

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:10 PM

I think u should throw them away! cause they do expire like 1 year or so. u know sometimes when i go to cvs they have this bucket that sells stuff really like make ups and cleansing products, but i think the reason they sell it cheap is because they're going to expire soon. and the same goes for make-ups. usually they date the date for expiration but if they don't have the date then u should thrwo them away and buy new ones after each year! its better to be cautios now them to regret later when u have bad skin! ^_^'

#11 jsleepoverc

jsleepoverc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

Cleansers you haven't used for that long can expire.  I wouldn't risk using it.  Cause the chemical changes.  Since it's for your face you shouldn't risk getting a rash or even worst burning your face.  Throw it out.

Agree, throw it out. The chemical compounds are gonna change after one year especially if you haven't use it. You dont let it breath (when you open and close the lid), keeping it seal will increase the change in the chemical compunds and your gonna get a rash from using it.

#12 cococreamz

cococreamz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:36 AM

lol i wouldn't try to use expired cleansers cos u'll probably end up with worst off skin then u started with cos those things can expire and i'm not sure what happens after (esp if the expire date is like LONG gone....)

#13 princess2prince

princess2prince

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:23 AM

From what the US FDA said any products that does not contain a prescription medication in it have no expiration date, but it can go bad if not store at a cool place. Open the cleanser and check the color and smell of the cleanser. If it doesn't look or smell bad it should be good to use.

#14 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:50 AM

that is true all of them do expire. on the product there are some letters, those are the expire date but for our buyer will would understand what it mean but the sales assistance should know. so i dnt recommand people but loads of them.

#15 lyyy

lyyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:56 AM

hey.. yeah cleanser will expire.. and it will bring bad side effect on ur skin. so i will certainly advice you not to use the cleanserr...

#16 aznvolleygurl

aznvolleygurl

Sweee

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1222 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

lol. i didnt noe they can expire...i started using a cleanser from like 1 year ago becuz i dunt have any more of the ones that my doctor prescribed...lol. and until i got this topic...i realized...uh oh...and i just went to check the exp date and it as 10/05/05. lol. it expired like 2 months ago. but my skin got a little better, but i am not going to risk is. imma go buy another one. lol. uh oh. i really want proactiv but kinda costly. 20 bucks a month.

#17 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3059 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

There should be an expiration date on every bottle of cleanser, cream or mask. Well at least theres an expiration date on all of my cream and cleansers >.< Well I think that you should check to see if theres a big change in the texture, colour and smell. If there is then you should throw it out asap. If not then you can try it nd if it damages your skin then throw it out =P

#18 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

Almost anything can expire, except for wine that taste better with age. Even water expires. Ever read the Poland Spring bottle? Always read the expiration date before purchasing anything and read it before you use/eat it.

Don't be a cheapo, if you haven't used it in a year, throw it out and buy a new one. If you haven't used anything in a year, throw it out! Better safe than sorry.

#19 whatever

whatever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:17 AM

I don't think it's good idea. Anything that is expired.... you know what to do.

#20 sweetiemd

sweetiemd

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

I've asked a lady that works at the make-up dept...and she mentioned that usually they would last up to 6 months but you should keep it in a place around room temperature....I'm not quite sure about the lower-quality cleansers/masks/creams though..

Edited by sweetiemd, 17 January 2006 - 11:29 PM.

#21 Dumpling520

Dumpling520

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:52 PM

yes because when u first open the bottle, bacterias get in and after a time, they increase which cause the cream to be expire. Some have expiration dates which shows when it will expire but if it doesn't then use it for at most a year. Don't take chances on your face.

#22 Pucca_78

Pucca_78

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

Yes, nowadays all skincare products and make-up have an expirery date from 6 months till 2 years. Make-up foundation you can keep it 2 years. I know it from Dior, because I use it. Skincare one year. Please throw it away when it is expired.

#23 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:45 AM

i think it will expire... some creams if u don use it for a long time... the smell chanes and it turns yellow

#24 gaijai

gaijai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:35 AM

all make up and cosmetics have expiry dates on them. if they ever turn watery...throw them out immediately. it's no good at all if you use it.

#25 deathnight287

deathnight287

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:41 AM

make-ups and other beauty products would expired wen u dont use it for a long time. but sometimes i dont see the expired date on the product which make me think tat there is no expired date but the things would get dry after a few years.

#26 kawanii

kawanii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:55 PM

what bout mascara..can they expire,when do u knoe when to not use it anymore and throw it out??

#27 h0p3

h0p3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:28 AM

yes it does expire and one year is such a long time you should throw it out

#28 tazzy

tazzy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

I know masks expire cos I have bought masks before that actually give you an expiry date on it. The ones I bought had like a 3 year expiry... But I think if you did leave it that long the moisture would mostly be gone and I couldn't imagine using something that's keeping moisture after three years.. Just not worth it to put something like that on the face

#29 careytse

careytse

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:35 PM

well they do expire but all those product will last a least 2 - 3 years

#30 xcutie

xcutie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:27 AM

you have nice grammar. :P

yes, they do expire. usually, there's an expiry date somewhere on the package. if not, it's best not to use it.

#31 sweetyhunni_uk

sweetyhunni_uk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:58 PM

i think after a certain amount of time..the products smell weird cos i had a cleanser that i hadnt used for like a year and it smelt funny!

#32 zxe

zxe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:51 PM

all the above mentioned products will only be effective if u use regularly ...for me all these products cannot last till it expiry becos i finished it off so easily..so no worries

#33 Fujimi_suki

Fujimi_suki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

i have a clinque dark circle eye cream that i haven't used in a few months... 3 i guess... anyway, it doesn't work no more and a funny smell comes from it. kinda like decaying cream or something. smells reeeeeeeally bad.