AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

TVB Acting School

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#1 aodinia

aodinia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:00 AM

I was just wondering who actually graduated from acting school and made it big in the TVB industry? I mean not many...it seems ''graduating'' from beauty school is a better way then acting school. Does anyone know who else graduated and is working in the industry?

The last ones I know were Tavia Yeung, Raymond Lam and Chris Lai...

#2 maboroshi

maboroshi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:29 AM

hmm... i now raymond and tavia went to acting school and theyre pretty successful :yeah

#3 Bey An

Bey An

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:33 AM

wow acting school for tvb? maybe i should take a look into this. it doesnt matter if you are a good actor or whatever. i believe that as long as one is good looking, then they dont need good acting skills to get into the entertainment business

#4 aodinia

aodinia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:40 AM

Exactly. I mean I understand they do need good looking people to attract people but simply only concentrated those that are good looking and not overlooking those who work there asses off just kinda puts me down a little. There are some talented people that can do with a series or two, yet sometimes they constantly promote those new miss hk in supporting roles when they should at least promote some that can act. I'm not against them puttin the pretty ones in the industry, but they shouldnt just concentrate on those.

Raymond and Tavia are the only ones that I know that are successful. Tavia worked in quite a lot of kelefeh roles before she got better roles.

#5 icibritestarz

icibritestarz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:25 PM

a lot of them made it big but if you're talking about at TVB I don't know about that
those that graduated from TVB acting school but left: (some I heard they did)
Andy Lau
Tony Leung
Carina Lau
a lot more...

ones that are still w/ TVB:
Raymond Lam
Tavia Leung

#6 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3059 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

The only ones that I know that graduated from the TVB acting classes are Tavia Yeung, Raymond Lam, Ron Ng and Joey Leung. I think that it takes longer for stars that came out from acting classes longer to be main characters in series like Tavia =P

#7 toomanysidesofme

toomanysidesofme

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:51 AM

Alot of the top stars didn't graduate from TVB acting school....

#8 aodinia

aodinia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:05 AM

Ron Ng went to acting school???

Thats what I mean, why do they create an acting school where they dont even help them pursue their career in acting. I mean generally most are given lots of opportunities in actually filming so it enables them to learn thats why we have such bad performances.

#9 charmedforeva

charmedforeva

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:42 PM

i think nancy wu also went to TVB acting school.. but not sure..

#10 lovekevin815

lovekevin815

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:56 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea, TVB 18th acting class.

#11 queenb*t*ch

queenb*t*ch

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:04 AM

lol yeah i think the good looking part is pretty crucial especially for entertainment companies :D i wanna be in it! :D heh

#12 Phish

Phish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:06 AM

yea, TVB 18th acting class.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought she won some cover girl competition for TVB

#13 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3059 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:28 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I think that Nancy won the 2003 [not sure of the year] Cover Girl contest and got discovered by TVB like that... I believed that she didn't start from TVB acting classes but she does have good acting skills!

#14 Kara

Kara

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

It's soo+ rare these days to hear actors/actresses hail from TVB Acting School. I do respect them a little more cos they do tend to start from minor roles before getting the big breakthrough roles. TVB should appreciate them more cos for me acting is the main focus, sure a pretty face is nice to look at but when the acting is bad, no appearance can fix that!

#15 jingabel

jingabel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:48 PM

Wow, acting school? I thought all you (for the girls) needed was to be a contestant at a beauty pageant - either you win or lose as long a you have the looks you are automatically - well, not automatically but more likey to be "discovered" - in this business. The same goes for the guys. Reality is - looks can only get you so far. This is when schooling comes in to back you up. You have got to have some credentials in order for your work to be appreciated/recognized.

#16 bumxbum

bumxbum

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:00 AM

yeah....it seems that looks are more important than acting skills nowadays.....sucks cause it should be BOTH and not just one or the other lol! tvb acting school should train everyone better....since all the new people suck and all they're there for is for looks

#17 aodinia

aodinia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:20 AM

It's kinda stupid sometimes...I mean here tvb makes an acting school hoping to get some talented people in the industry...yet they hire newbies with just looks and hoping they improve over time. I mean anyone could...that just stinks. Some even get leading roles before they learn to act!

#18 c123g

c123g

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

I want to attend too :( hehe, seriously want to be an TVB actor myself if only i had the chance to.

#19 sw33tjuicymang0

sw33tjuicymang0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:09 AM

dude Ron Ng didnt even pass tvb acting class so he cant be considered as a graduate of tvb acting class ... he failed and so Louis Koo felt sorry for him so he took Ron and introduced him to a manager or producer and told them to give ron a try because he know ron ,because he sees ron everyday backstage helping his sister(rons sister) because ron's sis is a dancer for tvb and everyday ron has to help his sis and it wasnt a high paying job so louis helped out the poor guy ..soo basically ron's got backup from a respected actor

#20 ~Ron1314~

~Ron1314~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:01 PM

whoa! really? i thought he passed...one lucky guy...if not he would still be a dancer until now...

#21 yakumo

yakumo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:27 PM

Hey! this TVB acting school program sounds very interesting. I'm very interested in the acting field and I am considering acting as a profession. Does anyone know the application procedure?? like do we need a picture, or portfolio of some acting videos we've done?? Plz let me know :thumbsup

#22 violet sky

violet sky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, I think that Nancy won the 2003 [not sure of the year] Cover Girl contest and got discovered by TVB like that... I believed that she didn't start from TVB acting classes but she does have good acting skills!

Nancy Wu won first place in the 2002 TVB Cover Girl Contest . She then graduated from the 18th acting class and had been signed by TVB afterwards.

I know that Raymond and Tavia went to acting school aswel....

#23 WinterParade

WinterParade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:07 AM

The fact that TVB has an acting school is really ironic to me. Most of the new generation of actors don't act very well in my opinion which is pretty much turns me away from a lot of the TVB dramas with all these new actors. I don't think TVB acting school would be the best for someone who wants to be a serious actor o-o

#24 bAbY fAcE ^^

bAbY fAcE ^^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:30 PM

ii thought there was no TVB acting achool anymore???? oh well !!!! hahaha

#25 ~Akane~

~Akane~

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6114 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:42 PM

I believe Ron Ng only went to TVB dancing school!

Raymond Lam and Tavia Yeung are recent examples. Maybe because of this common acting school graduation are they given so many opportunities together in series

another person famous with quality acting BOBBY

#26 -benchwarmer-

-benchwarmer-

[[ Mini FungYi Technique ]]

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

...is it really true abt Ron??? ...arh..i can tell...
..aniwayz...Raymond and Tavia graduated from acting school...that'y i find their acting skill pretty gud and proud to be their fan...lol...i luv people who go to acting school than those who go for a beauty pageant [like MissHK]...well...it's jux i admire those who choose a tougher way to be famed than an easier way while they have no talent at all...jux count at their beauties and promotions isnt a gud idea to be a skilled actor/actress tho...

#27 katherinekwokhk

katherinekwokhk

saRang ChangMin <33

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2787 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:59 AM

i think all tvb celebs go to acting school thats y they're so successful...but a few ppls dat i kno who went to acting school isnt well promoted which are fred cheng, lai lok yi, oscar chan, oscar leung and stephen wong...they're acting is pretty good

#28 Joker32

Joker32

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:41 PM

Stephen chow was also from TVB's acting school.

Francis Ng failed 3 TIMES before he graduated, but look where he is now, a well known veteran actor who has taken home the best actor award.

#29 anaffinity

anaffinity

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:29 AM

Heard that Chow Yun Fatt and Tony Leung Chi Wai also comes out of TVB acting school.

But yeah Raymond Lam and Tavia Yeung are among the promoted ones from this acting school. Ron Ng got promoted by Louis Koo's help. While some other people got other ways such as:

-beauty pageants
-discovered by scouts, did commercials first
-singing first
-family/friends connections
-etc

#30 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:55 AM

I guess it doesnt really matters as long as they produce good results now.But they are really potential people from tvb's acting shool.

#31 hpfan

hpfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:32 AM

yep ray and tavia graduated in the same class. ron was just recommended by louis koo. the only other person that i know that you guys already mentioned is nancy.

wow francis failed 3 times. surprising, hes like a veteran now.

#32 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

I guess TVB don't need talented actors or actresses.They have proven to be so successful even losing their big names. TVB has the ability to make anyone popular.They don't need to be handsome or talented. All is luck and relationship!
Come to think of a few actors like Bobby Au,Michael Tao and Cheung Tat Ming. They are not handsome but they are very popular!

#33 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7056 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

a lot of them made it big but if you're talking about at TVB I don't know about that
those that graduated from TVB acting school but left: (some I heard they did)
Andy Lau
Tony Leung
Carina Lau
a lot more...

ones that are still w/ TVB:
Raymond Lam
Tavia Leung

I know Sean Lau, Margie Tsang, Eddie Cheung, Yammy Nam. Artists that attended training schools might become superstars later!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Yeung graduated with Raymond and Tavia.

Edited by FantasyMania, 14 September 2006 - 11:52 AM.

#34 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:25 AM

Kenneth Ma graduated from the TVB acting class as well forgot which year though. Even if one finishes the acting class TVB might not sign them.

Edited by Sport3888, 15 September 2006 - 01:29 AM.

#35 Westerly

Westerly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:52 PM

Is TVB still holding acting classes? In the old days (late 70's and early 80's onwards), the graduates of the acting classes dominated the TVB series. Felix Wong, Andy Lau, Michael Miu, Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Carina Lau and of course Chow Yun Fat, and tons more. I also think that may be back in those days the beauty pageants were not producing as many actress-wannabes. Of course there were a lot who became successful even then who came form Miss Hong Kong, e.g. Cherie Chung, Maggie Cheung, Cora Miu etc.

#36 !duh! -.-'

!duh! -.-'

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

I want to attend too :( hehe, seriously want to be an TVB actor myself if only i had the chance to.

me too, i wanna become a TVB actress tooo, if i could haf da chance to....hummmm... i wonder where is the acting skool in hk :down ?

#37 Linda Shirley Sheh

Linda Shirley Sheh

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1146 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:06 AM

Elaine Yiu
Sharon Chan ( I think or from a singing contest)
Tavia Yeung
Myolie Wu ( she took an acting class after the paegant)
Nancy Wu ( after she won a beauty contest from the TVB cover girl)

Chris Lai
Raymond Lam
Ron Ng
Bosco wong ( after he was spotted by a talent agent and put into an ad with Cecilia Cheung before she got famous)

Kenneth Ma

if you noti e- there are al ot of ppl in small roles but never go up- they may have ok acting but they are not tall or good looking enough btu also perhaps becuse they dont do what the execs want them to and its not esy to live a celbrities life

#38 Kurosaki_Ichigo

Kurosaki_Ichigo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:57 AM

hah? raymond lam , ron ng , bosco wong, tavia yeung and myolie took the acting class ???? i don think so cos the tvb acting skool only exist between 60's to 80's only..... after the 90's no more acting skool at all.......

#39 hope`

hope`

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:56 AM

Well does anyone actually know where it is? I'm in HK right now and I really want to make some enquiries. I can't find anything on the net about it - no phone numbers nothing!

Help us out,yeah?!

#40 chocomarshie

chocomarshie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:39 AM

Well does anyone actually know where it is? I'm in HK right now and I really want to make some enquiries. I can't find anything on the net about it - no phone numbers nothing!

Help us out,yeah?!

Maybe you should search at TVB's main site and perhaps e-mail them to ask about it. Someone from tvbspace.net posted something about TVB Acting School and even provided the application for it. I saw it on there about a year ago or so...I know that we need HK citizenship (or was it ID?)..or somethign to prove you're a resident there in order to enter. But I'm not too sure, it was a while ago..sorry. ^^; You might try asking Em or someone from tvbspace.net maybe they'll know something about it. Good luck. Wish I could enter...but I don't know Canto lol.

And Ron was promoted by Louis Koo??? 0_0 wowiee i had no idea!

Edited by chocomarshie, 20 December 2006 - 03:41 AM.