AF needs funding again

- - - - -

[Health] Period no Green Tea

28 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

Hey everyone

i heard from a newspaper yesterdai saying that women with their menstrual cycle should drink green tea

I have no clue y?

I have never hear that before and no one really told me that and my favorite drink is green tea

Wat should i do?

Does any of you think this is true?

Think about it or do some research

Bye

• Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

tea is good... it flushes ur toxins and skin is beteer and digestion etc

• Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:08 AM

Why not drink it, they don't have explain it why you don't have to drink?

So it's not true!

• Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:59 PM

why do women have to drink green tea during periods? in order not to have stomacack?

#5 totallychibi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:21 AM

really not too sure
i ahve never experienced cramps during my cycle

... lucky that way ...

but tea is naturally good for you
antioxidants and all that

i heard on Oprah that even if you change nothing in your lifestyle, food or exercixe wise
and just switch to green tea instead of soft drinks, coffee and other liquid
you will lose 5 pounds!!

NB: this is leaf green tea, not the iced Lipton stuff with loads of sugar

• Guests

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:50 AM

mmm i have no clue......haha....i duno why would you wanna do that...but maybe it is good for you?? mmm i've heard that drinking green tea alone is good too =P so i guess theres some good thing in drinking it during menstrul period...

#7 Myolie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:02 AM

Green tea is good for you anyways. From my experience drinking hot drinks during your menstrual cycle helps reduce the heavy period. Just keep away from cold or iced drinks. But that's just my opinion, no research done.

#8 iconoclasm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:14 AM

lol since it doesn't harm you.. then why not give it a try? but i doubt thats true anyways

#9 cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:35 AM

I've never heard of this too. I've been drinking every day regardless of having period or not. I don't find any difference.

#10 cwaim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:32 PM

really? never heard before. i know that if u drink it in a long term basis, it will prone u from cancer. but green tea is nice to drink. but i don't think you will lose weight? has anyone lose weight from drinking green tea?

• Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:35 AM

i dont know about that, i never heard it. i always drink green tea because its goood for you. i dnt see where it has change my period.

#12 kiwi3

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:40 PM

That's interesting. I've never heard of anything like that before. I've heard that green tea is good for you, but I haven't heard that it has anything to do with menstration. I know that you shouldn't have too much sodium before your period, but nothing about green tea. I don't see any harm in drinking more green tea either way though.

#13 lilbluehorse

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

I never heard that green tea is good for your menstruation. I drink tea sometimes just to enjoy myself. It makes me relax when I feel stress out.

#14 Shuki-Chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:24 PM

I've never heard about this .i just drink green tea twice a week , i didn't see where it has change my period .

#15 jaybud1980

AF Bodybuilder :)

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:06 AM

Let me shed some light on this topic, green tea contains some phytochemicals (polyphenols) which can inhibit iron absorption in the body. Iron is an important mineral which is lost during menstruation. Low levels of iron can lead to fatigue or lack of energy. So I'm guessing the motive behind the article is to suggest not drinking a lot of tea during a woman's period, so that iron levels are not effected.

However, if you are drinking tea during menstruation, just be sure to take in enough iron and avoid taking iron at the same time that you would drink tea. This should be enough to counteract the polyphenols in the tea. Hope this helps.

Edited by jaybud1980, 21 December 2005 - 04:07 AM.

#16 judyiscool

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:21 AM

i drink green tea at any time it doesn't really have much big changes if i drink it or not

• Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:20 AM

drinking green tea while you have your menstruation helps to ease the cramps =]
i also found this while researching:

Sho-Ban or Soy-Bancha:
Put one or two teaspoons of soya sauce in a cup. Add hot bancha to fill the cup. This tea will have a strengthening and refreshing effect on healthy people. Soya sauce as well as bancha have an alkalinising effect on acidic blood which can be caused by overactivity or eating lots of sugary foods or animal foods. This tonic is known to activate the circulation.

Take 1 to 2 cups a day until relief is obtained, but do not continue for more than 3 to 4 days in a row. If you add a little grated ginger to this drink it is particularly effective in cases of stomach trouble such as nausea and flatulence.

This drink can be useful for the following conditions:

- stomach troubles (in particular stomach acidity and indigestion)
- menstrual cramps, flatulence
- carbon monoxide intoxication
- rheumatism

#18 BlueHeaven

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:40 AM

hmm... i get major cramps on menstrual cycles.. :argh i only heard about drinking coffee during that time is bad for you.. maybe due to the caffeine? that's probably the reason not to drink green tea? dunno.. but.. i heard that during the time of your period, you won't get fat from eating chocolate! :lol?:

#19 laurahill

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Consumption of green tea is always good for health,It removes the toxins of the body and improve the immune system.It is also helpful for weight loss.

#20 aznhon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

Warm tea is supposed to help settle the tummy. Also by staying properly hydrated- you can flush toxins out of your body and so you would feel better overall. I don't think it is limited to green tea. Any warm drink will help with the tummy. Green tea is good because of antioxidants.

#21 icy9978

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

Green tea provides lots of anti oxidants and is good for your well being. Green tea would not hurt!

#22 xiao-tou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

Have been told by older generations to avoid drinking tea (all kinds of tea) during menstration. Still not been told WHY? Fact is i have drank tea and green tea during periods and was unaffected in any way, health wise.

#23 stickyricee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

Never heard that green tea is good for menstruation. Instead I drink rose tea. I heard it does something good for you during the period, but can't remember what exactly.

#24 buurning

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

:S I always thought that green tea was bad for when u have ur period!! it's a "cooling food" which makes your blood flow slower or something and in the end you just end up with a really really lengthy period but less blood? maybe it's good if you have a heavy period and want to make it lighter but my mum always told me not to eat cooling foods during period ...

#25 amoureux

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

yeah same sentiments as buurning i thought one shld avoid 'coolin' food when we have our period? like watermelon.
ive heard before too much cooling food in general is not good for the womb too. so have been wondering is it okay to drink green/chinese tea daily; would it be too cooling?

#26 stickyricee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

View Postamoureux, on 03 April 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

yeah same sentiments as buurning i thought one shld avoid 'coolin' food when we have our period? like watermelon.
ive heard before too much cooling food in general is not good for the womb too. so have been wondering is it okay to drink green/chinese tea daily; would it be too cooling?

Is chinese tea cooling? I tend to drinking cold water or ice cream only

#27 stevesmith

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

I don't agree with this. Women with their menstrual cycle who drink green tea will not only not conducive to health, but also bring some trouble to give the body. They faced with a lot of blood loss. More tannin in green tea may increase the symptoms of constipation, as tannic acid has a role in divergence, can slow down bowel movements, which led to the stool retention in the intestine. Women during menstruation, due to changes in neuroendocrine regulatory function, often accompanied by varying degrees of mental stress, headaches, breast tenderness and other reactions.

Edited by kei_chan06, 28 September 2011 - 10:37 PM.
removed link to commercial site

#28 aznhon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

Green tea is very healthy with lots of antioxidant anyways so whether or not for your period- you should drink some. It was probably recommended to help flush the toxins from your body.

#29 helenlee1019

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

I haven't heard about drinking green tea but for me when I get menstral cramps, drinking
something warm like warm water, tea etc. seems to help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users