AF needs funding again

* * * * - 1 votes

[sport] Football (American / worldwide football)

518 replies to this topic

#481 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

While I agree with you about today's teams, it was not always like that. The SEC SWAC etc used to be a really shitty conf s and football sucked in the south sans the state of Texas.

Take a look back Miami sucked U FL sucked Auburn sucked FL State sucked, PA,OH was the mecca of football in the 50's 60's 70's & 80's. PSU & Pitt, ND OSU owned the college football & High School world. GB didnt take off until Vince Lombardi took them over and where did Vince cut his teeth coching ?? St. Cecilia HS in Englewood, NJ & The US Military Academy at West Point, PA where he was the assistant coach.

And yes we had a judge in the basment of old Veterans Stadium, and we threw snowballs at Santa ( and any other fool who open their mouth) the judge was needed it turned way out of control on Sundays,,,,,,not that I ever met the judge Posted Image on game day. They did away with him when they built the Linc. Now they just take your season tickets and you lose a bunch of $$$$$ it has calmed down a bunch !

And yes love you 2 ;)

Edited by mjdibatt, 22 March 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#482 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

As far as the Sean Payton article mlint007 posted yesterday, I'd just
like to chime in and say that I think is was totally unfair. This kind of
stuff has been going on for decades in the nfl, and to some extent
probably still does, although much of it is kept 'hush-hush'.

Former OAKLAND RAIDER cornerback Jack Tatum admitted to as
much in his autobiography entitled 'THEY CALL ME ASSASIN'.
In it, he recanted how the defensive secondary of the raiders used
to keep score among themselves relative to the severity of
punishment they could unleash on opposing receivers.

He even conveyed how one of the defensive backs used to stay up all night on
the saturday before games, chain smoking, drinking wine non-stop and watching
television. Sunday, he would take to the field sporting a red-eyed death stare.
This was the 'raider-way' of preparing for games. So heartwarming.

Edited by twinspirit, 24 March 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#483 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

^^ I understand your position Twin and that is what I was alluding to upthread about some fans saying it was unfair because of this. Like I said, this team is the one who were caught in the act and that is the difference. Is it fair? No, but Roger Goodell couldn't just sit back and not do anything about it. Considering all the players he has suspended or fined for head to helmet hits, unscrupolous play or off field incidents. He had to make an example of the Saints in this situation. His hands were tied because he had already set a precedent with the previous situations.

I think what is more damaging for Payton is he initially lied and informed his coaches to follow suit. I don't think he would've received a year suspension if he would've fessed up. Another part from the article below is the NFL approached them about it and asked them to put a stop to it and they continued it...so I believe that is why the punishment was so severe.

Also, think about the lost revenue when you lose one of the "stars" of the league? People do come for teams but when you are a fan of an individual star, say an up and comer like Cam Newton who is bringing life back to Charlotte it would've been a major blow to them if they would've lost him to a massive hit. So I see it from both sides but I understand your view from the historical side of it.

Statement from Sean Payton

METAIRIE, La. -- Sean Payton apologized Friday for the bounty system under which Saints players were offered payouts for big hits on opponents, saying he takes "full responsibility" for the program that operated for three years under his watch.
"I share and fully support the league's concerns and goals on player safety," the New Orleans coach said in a written statement released by the team. "It is, and should be, paramount. "Respecting our great game and the NFL shield is extremely important to me," Payton added, referring to the league's famous logo.

Payton said as head coach he should take full responsibility for an operation which the NFL says offered improper cash bonuses for blows that either knocked targeted star players out of the game or left them needing help off the field.
The NFL has said Payton initially lied to NFL investigators about the program, at first denying its existence, and also instructed his defensive assistants to lie. The league also slapped an eight-game suspension on general manager Mickey Loomis and a six-game suspension on assistant head coach Joe Vitt, who also coaches linebackers.
Former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who left the Saints after last season to join the St. Louis Rams, ran the bounty program and has been suspended indefinitely. Goodell also fined the Saints $500,000 and took away second-round draft choices in 2012 and 2013.
The NFL has said the bounty program started in 2009, Williams' first season, when the Saints also won their only Super Bowl. The league also found the program continued through 2011 even after NFL officials told the Saints to check into it and put a stop to it if they found anything improper was going on. Payton issued one earlier written apology a few days after the NFL first released the findings of its probe on March 2.

ESPN

Edited by mlint007, 24 March 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#484 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

I've alway been more of a fan of DEFENSIVE football than I have of it's soft counterpart.

Football just isn't football unless bones are being broken and players are carted off the field in stretchers.

In order to restore the nfl to it's gorey/glory days, I call for the immediate resignation of the commissioner !

P.S. I'll admit it. I also watch NASCAR for the bloodshed.

#485 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

LOL Twin! Really?

Hmm...I don't know I have gone back and forth. I was intially upset with all the rule changes in favor of the quarterback and wide recievers...Currently, defensive backs can't touch a player without being called for a flag. Basically all the defensive backs are to tackle like Deion Sanders or Charles Woodson which is pretty much hit them and hope they fall down right away after the catch.

Then I was watching Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel and saw the athletes who were permanently damaged from these hits and I didn't know what to think, let alone feel after that. It's a hard situation because I love the game of football but the reality of it is these players risk their lives after football for our enjoyment. Yes, they know the dangers going in but it doesn't make me feel any better.

So yes, I do miss those bone crushing hits on the field and they are all good when the player bounces up afterwards but when he doesn't then I feel awfully bad...

p.s. NASCAR? I just can't....shoot I get mad when I turn on my sports radio and it's the NASCAR show..lol

#486 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

View Postmlint007, on 24 March 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Also, think about the lost revenue when you lose one of the "stars" of the league?

Or injured players that were targeted by the Saints within the years of the supposedly bounty program may decide to sue. The law obviously allows violence within the confines of the sport, which is why there's never any prosecution for hockey fights, MMA, etc. But intentionally trying to injure a player is not sanctioned - whether explicitly or impliedly - at any level or by any stretch. That would make it a near-criminal offense to try to injure (and succeed in injuring) another player. For example, if a Saints player speared another player in the head and broke his neck, and they could establish intent, that would certainly be a criminal charge and likely a conviction.

View Posttwinspirit, on 25 March 2012 - 11:26 PM, said:

I've alway been more of a fan of DEFENSIVE football than I have of it's soft counterpart.

Football just isn't football unless bones are being broken and players are carted off the field in stretchers.

Accidents do happen and most likely will continue to happen without having to intentionally putting opponents in stretchers.

#487 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

I agree with most of what is being said, but I believe the league has gone too far in it's crackdown.

It seems you can't even breathe on a quarterback before the ref reaches for the red flag.
I've seen red flags thrown for even the slightest nudge to the qb. I miss the old days when
a rushing defensive end would come in blindside and drill the qb senseless.

The RAIDERS somehow unfairly got labelled with a reputation of bringing a criminal element
to the game, although this was anything but the case. Truth be known, they were a group of
bad-ass raggamuffins who lived to dole out punishment in the true spirit of the game. Sure,
some of their hits may have been a little over-the-top or considered extreme, but they were
all clean hits (for the most part) which were very rarely even penalized. The rules back then
permitted head-to-head contact, so it was all kept within the context of the rule book.

Ironically, even the famous Tatum hit on Darrel Stingley (which left him paralyzed from the
chest down) was considered clean at the time.

As a postscript to the incident, Darrel claimed he never received an apology from Tatum.
On the other hand, Tatum claimed he didn't have anything to apoligize for, and never did
so publicly nor in any of his three books, THEY CALL ME ASSASSIN, THEY STILL CALL
ME ASSASIN, and FINAL CONFESSIONS OF AN ASSASIN. Sadly, both players went to
their graves recently without having come to a mutual understanding.

On a lighter note,

The head football coach at Nebraska recently fumed that his school
has been labelled as nothing more than a football factory.

He angrily said..........

" NOT TRUE ! In fact, the letter 'N' on our helmet stands for knowledge. ".

Edited by twinspirit, 26 March 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#488 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

They are saying Bill Parcells is in talks with Sean Payton to participate as Interim Head Coach while Sean is out...

Payton was Parcells former assistant coach with the Cowboys. Payton is also contemplating appealing the decision
and has up to April 2nd to appeal. Goodell stated he would allow him to play while appealing and will try and expedite the
process to obtain a quick decision...

Also in Tebow news...Tim held his first press conference..I saw pictures of Tebow all over New York, attending various events
and people mobbing him. It was kind of funny...Anyways here is the full clip from his recent conference.

Oh on ESPN, they conunted Tebow Say "excited" about 45 times during the 30 + minute video LOL. I love his enthusiam and how he always smiles while he answers his questions and doesn't get flustered but we'll see how he holds up when the other side of the NY media displays it's other side.

Oh and in local news the Packers obtained Peyton Manning's former center Saturday who originally stated his decision was based
off of where Peyton decided to play but I guess the Packers made him an offer he just couldn't refuse Posted Image

#489 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

I was watching old clips of Jimmy Kimmel and saw this funny clip of a Packers fan
who was crying after the Packers lost to the Giants...

Usually, people take off of work the next day but this is the typical drunk Packers fan..lol

Since I live in the Chi I can't cheer on the Pack without getting threatened or beat up
but I find Bears fans fun also, especially when they lose.

Edited by mlint007, 16 April 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#490 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

So with the suicide of Junior Seau, do you guys think it's premature to start the concussion talk again? What are your thoughts on the topic? Do you think the many hits to the head are detrimental to players long term health?

I then look at boxers who get hit in the head all the time, yeah they don't seem coherent after their careers but as another person has mentioned. How many boxers do you know graduated from Harvard?

Sometimes people don't know what to do after their careers are over and become depressed because they miss the fanfare or getting up feeling like they have something to do.

Hopefully the NFL is doing something with players as they get to the end of their career. I pray others get the help they need..

In crazy land, did you guys see Terell Owens on Dr. Phil yesterday...I didn't see it but I heard clips of it and I can't believe he is putting his self out there like that, even his business...it's like he is trying to gain moral support for his child support situation.

#491 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

The Niners better bring another trophy home or else I'm gonna be like Johnny below. lol

#492 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

^^Aww that little boy was soooo cute and I like how he snapped back when he could still watch the super bowl. I really liked the end when he answered his father...so cute.

#493 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

So Chad Ochocinco was cut from the Patriots...I wonder how long Evelyn is going to stay with him especially when the money dries up because he has some kids mouths to feed as well.

#494 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

MariLysa, Twin, mjdibatt, where are y'all at? I miss talking real football with you all! Posted Image

I know Twin misses football and the violence as much as I do, so here:

#495 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

Whoa ! What a hit.Posted Image

They should name that, something like........The 49er Sandwich !

That's like old-school raider ball.

Still don't know why the jags didn't make a better pitch for tebow,
being that he's kinda a local hero around northern florida and all.
They haven't had a real team leader since God-only-knows-when.

Sidenote: Did anyone know that Tebow was born in the Phillipines ?

Edited by twinspirit, 27 June 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#496 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

Haha except a "sandwich" consisting of men may not be well received in the city of San Francisco, Twin.

Maybe the Jags still believe in and are developing the QB that they drafted last year. It's Gabbert, right?

Were you a Raider fan when they had a guy named Bo Jackson? He's the OG Beast!

#497 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

A famous Bo Jackson story..........

At one time, the Seattle Seahawks had a hot-shot linebacker named Brian Bosworth. Coming from the
university of Oklahoma, this guy was supposed to be Mr. Everything. He also thought very highly of
himself. Having signed one of the richest contracts in NFL history at the time, be proudly boasted in
front of the media that he would contain Bo Jackson just before a Monday Night raider-seahawk showdown.

Well, let's just say that things didn't go exactly as planned. Mr. Jackson and the Raiders litterally
steamrolled over Brian and company on that nite, with Bo himself scoring 3 tds and rushing for 221 yards.

There was a play late in that game that has since become legendary. Down near the goal line, the raiders
handed the ball off to Bo who found a hole and then had nothing in his way on route to the end zone except
for Brian Bosworth himself. It was really no contest as Bo ended up making Brian look like a tackling dummy.

Brian was never the same player after that game, and soon after retired despite being only 24 years old.

#498 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

Yup, yup I saw that game when I was a kid! The media made a big deal about it, as they should be lol, after Bosworth's made his statement.
This was when the Raiders and the Shehawks were playing in the same division and it was much anticipated. I didn't think The Bossman was
a terrible player, but I think Bo broke his will to continue playing after that game.

For what it's worth, Bo wasn't known for just breaking tackles. He also excelled in breaking something else lol.

#499 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

Brian Bosworth LOL! Did he become an actor after that?

Whew! Well this summer is speedy Gonzalez for me.

So the poster formerly known as Olive here's some news from San Fran. I know players deserve a life also but I think they should try to stay low key because of who they are. Sometimes people can become jealous just because of your money or stature.

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco 49ers say linebacker Aldon Smith suffered minor injuries during an incident Friday night in San Jose, Calif., and that he is recovering comfortably.

A person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press that Smith suffered stab wounds. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Saturday because those details had not been released.

"(We) are aware that Aldon Smith incurred minor injuries during an incident last night," the 49ers said in a statement. "We are in contact with Aldon and thankful that his injuries were not more serious and that he is recovering comfortably. The 49ers are also in communication with local authorities as they gather information regarding the incident, and will reserve further comment at this time."

According to The Sacramento Bee, deputies from the Santa Clara County sheriff's office were called to a house party at about 2 a.m. on Saturday after receiving reports of gunshots. When police arrived, they found two people shot and another stabbed.

The Bee reported that all three were taken to the hospital with what were believed to be non-life-threatening injuries.

A source told the Bee the stabbing victim was Smith. A spokesman for the Santa Clara County sheriff's department, meanwhile, would not comment on the identity of the victims.

The party was so large -- more than 100 people were estimated to be there -- that deputies called for backup from the San Jose police and the California Highway Patrol, Sgt. Jose Cardoza told the Bee.

"It was a chaotic scene," Cardoza said. "There was a lot of commotion, and no one knows where the gunshots came from."

Cardoza told the newspaper there are no suspects in the case at this time.

In January, Smith was charged with driving under the influence in Miami Beach.

Smith, 22, made a franchise-rookie record 14 sacks, most among NFL rookies, last season, to go along with two forced fumbles.

The 6-foot-4, 258-pound Smith was the seventh overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft out of Missouri.

#500 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

First, he got charged for DUI and made us fans worry. Be bought him Xbox, PS3 and a Wii so he could
stay entertained at home and stay away from trouble. We even got him a free subscription to Skinemax
for the entire summer...then he decided to throw a party AND invited the entire Lions roster and staff. Posted Image
But hey, I was there and so was SomeAsianDude and Twin. SomeAsianDude couldn't handle the booze
after taking 2 shots and threw up between some blond's feet. I had to take him home and missed the incident.

Twin later text me and claimed she saw Jim Schwartz attempted to stab Harbaugh but got Aldon instead.
Oh, and here's the video of the party. You can clearly see SomeAsianDude in it @ 0.59 sec. I was busy
meeting someone in the bathroom so I wasn't in the shot.

Now thinking about it, football players generally are crazy people. And crazy people generally get stab.
In the NFL, getting stab generally commends respect and there's a long line of respect among players.
Hmmm let's see which other players got stab... oh, yeah...

Jason Taylor
Charles Grant
Jason Hunter
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Banks
William Green
Geno Hayes
Nick Harper
Teyo Johnson
Roderick Green

Posted Image

Edited by Dark Jedi, 03 July 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#501 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

The sad thing about all these stabbings is some of them no matter how strong they are don't survive or play the same afterwards.

They did a special on Real Sports on HBO about NFL players being targets and how they have to be careful. Especially ones who feel they "owe" the hood or want to keep their street cred. Allen Iverson and Carmello Anthony had these problems also and especially Michael Vick.

At this years NFL Rookie camp, they brought in Vick to talk to the rookies about parties, entourages and the such..unfortunately, they have to be careful.

#502 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Good thing the injuries are minor and nothing more serious,
although I've heard it was a multiple stabbing with a pocket knife!
Story goes he tries to break up a fight and gets the short end of the stick.
One thing is for sure watching the vid, most players there are the new
youngling of the NFL and they tend to get into situations like these.
Like you said, fame and money makes a person a huge target.
Hope Aldon learns his lessons. Let's get the season started already!!

#503 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

Adrian Peterson down in Houston getting his drink on and now he got his arrest on...talking about he never drinks...lol

There was huge hoopla over Armani Toomer's comments regarding who is the better
quarterback between Romo and Eli in which he stated Romo was better...I beg to differ.

I think Romo receives too many passes for his play...one was Jessica Simpson, then TO was his crutch
I don't know what was the problem last year but it seems everyone makes excuses for his play..

Eli on the other hand has everything thrown at him and he still manages to win two superbowl rings.

Yet, we still have people say Eli isn't good...RME

Edited by mlint007, 08 July 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#504 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hey Everyone! Funny, we didn't talk about football throughout the football season so I'm starting it up again....Sorry, I just was on some other stuff this year...like LIFE!

Anyways, yeah, yeah, yeah...the 49ers beat the Pack early this year and those fools lost to the Vikings but guess what I don't care because the last time the Packers had a first round bye they lost to the Giants (who didn't make it this year) but when they were the 6th seed they went all the way baby! So I'm happy they will continue to play instead of a week off...

Now on to AP or Adrian Petersen...I wanted so badly for him to break the record considering Eric Dickerson came out and said he didn't want him to break it...I know he was nearly pissing in his pants at worry AP was going to break it. I think his team thought he had actually broke it and I think AP thought so also when she told him he didn't he was like "9 yards short?" "of what?" LOL..Anyways, I'm proud of him because I had the same injury and my knee was never the same after surgery but with the advent of sports technology today I'm sure I would've faired better also....except my times of laziness.

So without our emotional ties who do you really think will win the Superbowl? Emotionally, I'm pulling for the Washington Redskins...I love RGIII and I'm glad he knocked out Tony Fono and the non America's team Foulboys....Yes I don't like them! LOL

For some reason I still don't like the Colts even with the emotional story this season. Of course, I'm pulling for the Packers...

#505 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

LATEST ODDS TO WIN THE BIG ONE . . . .

DENVER 3-1
NEW ENGLAND 7-2
GREEN BAY 6-1
SAN FRANCISCO 6-1
ATLANTA 7-1
SEATTLE 10-1
HOUSTON 12-1
BALTIMORE 25-1
WASHINGTON 25-1
MINNESOTA 45-1
INDIANAPOLIS 55-1
CINCINNATI 60-1

@ mlint007 You are right about nobody taking Indy seriously.
Both Seattle and Washington will have to be considered
sentimental favorites because of the kid quarterbacks.

#506 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Get in your predictions for wild-card weekend now !

Here are mine . . . . . .

skins over hawks . . . . . .can't believe they gave the hawks better super bowl odds
pack over vikes . . . . . . . revenge for last week
texans over bengals . . . . are texans contenders or pretenders?
colts over ravens . . . . . . in an upset (and will set up a manning-luck showdown)

As far as the big prize is concerned . . . . . .

My mind tells me Broncos, but my heart would like to see Minny.

#507 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Predictions from New Jersey;

The Seahawks will smash the Redskins it wont be pretty.

The Pack will squeek out a close one with the Vikes. AP will have a HUGE day in a loss.

My upset special of the weekend,,,,,,,the Bengals will beat the Texans.

And the Ravens will spank the Colts. Mr. Lewis & Mr.Reed will school the rookie Posted Image

Twin what do you think of Andy Reid taking the Chiefs head coaching job ?

Edited by mjdibatt, 03 January 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#508 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

I hope the Ravens spank the colts....

I hope Washington wins but I'm okay with Seattle winning even though my all time hatred
for USC kind of holds me back LOL

Pack will beat the Vikes....unless AP has a huge day and the defense is hit or miss lately
but then again so is the offense.

Who do you guys think will win the end of the year races...MVP? Rookie of the year? I think AP should win MVP and I think Russell Wilson and RGIII should end in a tie.

#509 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

@ mjdibatt: As far as Reid and the Chiefs are concerned, I'm probably the wrong person
to ask, (since I thought Manning would be a bust with the broncos this year). I do recall
however that when the eagles were in the super-bowl, and the game was still on the line,
it seemed to me that the eagles did a horrible job with clock management. They wasted
so much valuble time, almost as if they had given up already, and were just happy to
be there I don't know if that was Reid's fault, but I just soured on Reid after that.

@ mlint007: As far as MVP, you can't overlook Manning. I don't think any player was more
valuble to his team than he was, and let's not forget the broncos had the best record in football.
Rookie? You are probably right, it's a toss-up (or a tie) between Russell Wilson and RG3,
but Luck should get an honorable mention because the colts were absolutely brutal last year.

Edited by twinspirit, 04 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#510 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Twin I thought that you are a Raiders fan & the Chiefs are in the Raiders division ?

That was a great weekend of FB and this weekend should be better we are down to the final 8 and here are my picks ;)

Texans vs Patriots I like the Patriots in a close game but would not surpised if Houston pulled it out in the end.

Ravens vs Broncos I like Denver big in this game the Ravens run out of steam.

Seahawks vs Falcons I like the Seahawks.

Packers vs 49 ers This is the game of the weekend !! Sorry 9 ers fans the Pack will be too much for the rookie qb to over come.

#511 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

MJ I love you! Yes we know the Pack will win this weekend!

I pick the Seahawks also...for some reason they always pull out the win even though it hurt my heart when they beat the Redskins.

I hope the Texans win though I doubt it so I'm sure the Patriots will pull this one out also.

@Twin: I understand about Manning but I'm hoping they at least have a tie.

#512 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

I do see it breaking that way. Rematch Seahawks vs Packers for the NFCCG. The drama of the catch NON catch in the reg season game will be the lead story line ;)

#513 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Winners in the AFC

Ravens vs New England

Atanta vs San Fran

Tell your boy this is the 9ers best chance to win it all ! And they should.

And my pick for the Super Bowl will be;

Ravens vs San Fran

#514 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

I dislike bandwagon fans....anyways congrats to the 9ers now I'm cheering for the Ravens to take it all....of course the team I cheer for will more than likely NOT win. LOL

too bad for Seattle...I was hoping they could get past the Falcons...maybe they are going to pull a trick out of their bag after all

I don't want two Harbaugh's in the Superbowl...Yup I'm a hater but I wouldn't be a die hard football fan if I didn't have my passion for the game so sue me....

Edited by mlint007, 15 January 2013 - 03:11 AM.

#515 Olive Juice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

View Postmjdibatt, on 14 January 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Winners in the AFC

Ravens vs New England

Atanta vs San Fran

Tell your boy this is the 9ers best chance to win it all ! And they should.

And my pick for the Super Bowl will be;

Ravens vs San Fran

Falcons vs 49ers

One person in the way of San Fran making to the big dance; Atlanta's DC Mike Nolan. Oh the irony... but maybe this is his best chance of coaching the 49ers to a super bowl LOL. It would be interesting to see which type of defense Nolan is going to use for this match up. He's known for his blitzing schemes and Nickel D, all of which should go in favor of the 49ers. San Fran will run all over Atlanta!

Edited by Olive Juice, 15 January 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#516 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Finally got it right this weekend. Now for my Superbowl pick :)

Ravens - 4 1/2 point under dogs vs. the 49ers.

I will take the points and pick the Ravens to win the game outright. It will be close game hard hitting very bloody in the end the Ravens D will play just a little bit better & Flacco will have a huge game.

#517 jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

(credits to Youtube and tonightshownbc)

For the SB Football Gang..OJ, mlint, twinspirit and mjdibatt...
Good luck with the game on Sunday..February 3!!Posted Image
I bet you know what team will win anyways...Posted Image
I'm outta here!Posted Image alex

Edited by jandari, 06 February 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#518 jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I am a football fan..but not Am football but European football..so I don't know why the hell I am doing this for 4 special people on AF who I know are football fanatics (OJ, mlint, twinspirit and Mjdibatt)...well..OK..Super Bowl is tomorrow..way early..7am? really? Have fun screaming your hearts out!! and for the love of that jersey jacket...for you guys:
Posted Image

Edited by jandari, 06 February 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#519 Antoine

a.k.a. twinspirit

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

BIG BREAKING NEWS . . . . . . . .

OAKLAND RAIDERS OBTAIN MATT FLYNN FROM THE SEAHAWKS !

As the #1 raiders fan, all I have to say is..... Anyone's got to be better than that last stiff.

When you're at the bottom, there's no place to go but up !!!

Join RaiderNation Today !

Edited by twinspirit, 02 April 2013 - 02:35 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users