AF needs funding again

Wang Leehom involved in a LOVE TRIANGLE?!?!?!

56 replies to this topic

#1 singerchick

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:59 AM

Leehom Involved in a Love Triangle?!?!?! Leehom dates an African American

Leehom usually doesn’t talk about anything else but music, let alone anything about his personal life. He has a philosophy of “music first.” However, yesterday, surprisingly Leehom revealed a few secrets about his past relationships on Kang Young and Chiling’s talk show.

Leehom, known as the polite and modest guy, apparently was involved in a love triangle! He said that it felt really wrong while they were dating because they kept arguing. He told people not to get involved in other's relationship because it’s a very painful experience.

Leehom also revealed that he dated an African American once because he really admired her humor and personality. In addition he also dated a girl that his mom did not approve of, as she was not very good academically at school. Leehom tried to mention all the positive aspects and convince his mother that he really liked her, however Wang Mama still objected. However, after some hard work on Leehom’s part, Wang Mama started liking the girl. But the two still broke up in the end. Leehom however did not say anything of his first true love, Ms. Bai, of whom he has written a string of songs for. She was the first and only girl that Leehom has had his heart broken over. He hasn’t had any public relationships since his breakup with her, many still think that he hasn’t gotten over his pain for the girl.

Source: Shi Jie Re Bao
Translate: Appletart

FOR THOSE WONDERING WHO MS. BAI IS, HERE IS A TRANSLATED VERSION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN LEEHOM AND HER. IT'S TOLD BY ONE OF LEEHOM'S CLOSE FRIENDS, and IT"S EXTREMELY DEPRESSING :down :

http://www.cjb.cc/members/ekyec/Leehom/Acc...sson_Eight.html

credit: ekyec

Edited by singerchick, 19 January 2006 - 06:35 AM.

#2 singerchick

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (goddessofkrw @ Jan 18 2006 9 17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who's ms.bai, is she in the entertain biz too?

No, she's Leehom's first "true love" they met in college and went out for 5-6 years and they broke up becuase Leehom couldn't chose between her or his music. He still loved her but she got married..yeah depressing story, it's in his "accidental biography."

Leehom's written many songs for her before and after they broke up, the most noted are "Forever Love, Your not here, Wei Yi, Two People don't Equal us, Forever's First Day, Mary Says, the bite that burns, Last night, Dream Again, etc etc"

#3 ghuojk

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:22 AM

I don't think it's a big deal that he dated an African American as there are a lot of interracial relationships these days.

#4 TwiNs_AZN_pRyde

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:25 AM

Aww poor lee hom getting his heart broken, its reali sad if he still couldnt get over the relationship. Interestin how lee hom had such a interestin relationship.

GILLIAN SUPPORTER 4EVAH!!!

#5 singerchick

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (ghuojk @ Jan 18 2006 9 22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it's a big deal that he dated an African American as there are a lot of interracial relationships these days.

It isn't a big deal. It's just the title of the article. Apparently the media thought it would attract attention.

#6 kantonstilez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:31 AM

In the picture it looks like Leehom likes white chicks! <_<

#7 singerchick

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (kantonstilez @ Jan 18 2006 9 31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the picture it looks like Leehom likes white chicks! <_<

There wasn't that many asians that went to Williams. Haha of the pictures I've seen Leehom is like the only one. But these people arn't like his girlfriends are anything, they're all part of William's Theatre production.

Edited by singerchick, 19 January 2006 - 06:36 AM.

#8 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (singerchick @ Jan 19 2006 5 59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leehom also revealed that he dated an African American once because he really admired her humor and personality. In

that's what I admire about Leehom, he doesn't judge on appearance.

AHHHHH Dude Leehom and Ms. BAi have SUCH a DEPRESSING STORY. It's soo Korean-drama like lol. Thanks for the link to the translation of the story and thanks to ekyec for translating.

#9 rain_wit_me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:17 AM

now i can guess where did he get inspirations for those sooo depressing love songs... poor leehom TT

• Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:37 AM

Wah so sad le...poor lee hom...i wish he can be happy and nt heart broken anymore...it's just so sad...

#11 scrabbler

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

I really do question the credibility and reliability of the article. But if it is true than my admiration for him has just gone way beyond the radar. <3

#12 aQuarius

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:41 PM

The story about Leehom and Ms. Bai is really sad. But if that didn't happen, Leehom wouldn't be the one he is today. One person's past will always be apart of that person's life. Let's just hope that Leehom will be able to move on and stay as happy as possible! I hope he's not too sad now considering some article I read a while ago about his friend that die and Leehom cried during his performance of Kiss Goodbye in US (?).

I will always support Leehom and he'll always have my blessings!

#13 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:05 PM

I remember reading about it in his "accidental biography."
Poor guy. His love life is sooo melodramatic!

#14 TK38

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:11 PM

Yep. Ms Bai. is the one that got away. he wrote soooooo many songs for her its sad that she is married.

#15 chayada

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

i know its sad what happened between leehom and Ms Bai but he did produce some really great songs from this experience though

a great guy like leehom will end up with someone great soon

#16 gcwchan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:34 PM

I think his first love story is pretty typical for relationship story. It is depressing, but then again that happens a lot. When you dont have time to spend with each other you end up missing out on a lot of each others life and can't be there to support each other needs.

#17 evilxsaga

CynnieBun go ROLL ROLL~~~

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:54 PM

this is a very sad story....but if it wasn't for this painful love lilfe he probably wont become who he is nowadays we wouldn't probably know who he is.....experiences just make us grow up....and im sure this experience made an impact on it....but im sure he will still find true love one day someone who is really loves and loves him back the same way

#18 neogeodude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:20 PM

I bet he is glad he's single now. He can get any girl in China and Taiwan now.

#19 dominyqz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:55 PM

man..that's very very sad...but well, if they're not meant to be together, they'll split up in the end too...but it's really a great talent of him putting all his emotions and feeling into his songs..admired him so much ^^

#20 triangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

leehom looks so young on this pics =D
don't know that so many songs were written for her ! wei yi is my favorite, hope leehom came over this love story now, and make a new start, as she's married

#21 blackcat

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:59 PM

It's so sad that they couldn't be together. I never knew he wrote so many songs about her, it certainly gives his music a new meaning. I hope he can move on and find happiness.

#22 tvbaddict

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

yea that thing wit him and ms.bai is quite sad, i hope he finds a wifey soon =) g'luck to him =]

#23 miss-rainbow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

Aww, the story's so sad. I never knew his lyrics were that meaningful. Truly beautiful.

#24 Sweets

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

his love story is just so sad...I hope he'll find true love one day! I SUPPORT LEE HOM ALL THE WAY!

#25 LovestCarmen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

oh wow poor him. and she got married i guess she left him. aww if i was her i would of waited for him and they still young unless the girl wanted to get marry early. lee hom still young he will find the girl.

#26 Mahamoti

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:08 AM

wow, didn't know that he has so many different relationships! who is ms. bai? wonder if leehom's tastes in women changed after these experiences?

#27 Guest_jukegurl92_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:36 AM

aww thats a very sad story. so all his songs are from past experience.... :crying:

#28 iluvu43va143

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:43 AM

man... i wana see wat tat girl looks like... poor leehom.. hope he'll meet someone down to earth later on so she can take care of him

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:27 AM

read the superbly long story of leehom's love life. must say that i had tears in my eyes. also made me hate the girl for making leehom suffer so much... but i guess i can understand why she made this decision, but if she loves him enuf, wouldn't just seeing him a few months each year n the telephone be able to sustain it? she's also kinda selfish in the way that she wanted leehom to choose between music and her wen she knows how much music means to him!

however, if it wasn't for her, then leehom would not haf be able to make those heart wrenching songs that we all love so much.
before i read this story, i've already always felt sad for the stories of the songs but loved it nevertheless since it was sung and composed so full of feelings. now after knowing wuts behind the making of the songs, i fink i'll understand and feel for LeeHom's songs even more!

#30 heykiko

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:33 AM

it's too bad that it sounds like he hasn't really quite gotten over her, but it's also a good thing because she inspired him to write most of his wonderful hits. however, i kinda don't think it's that great of him to write loves songs for a married woman though. i feel bad for her husband

#31 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:11 AM

maybe she's kicking herself now ? :noclue :noclue

#32 j_halo7

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 04:35 AM

wow never knew lee hom had such a sad relationship past. have some new found respect for him now. i wonder how the ms.bai feels now...

#33 tb1314

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:51 AM

I just think that he sometimes try to cover himself up of so many publicity that he is gay...in the past few years there are always news saying that he is gay and now he is talking about girls and everything...I am not sure which one is true...of course I hope he is straight since he is such a cutie but I really don't know which to believe...sorry if I have offend any of his fans....so sorry just trying to give out my opinion

#34 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 06:14 AM

Wow that was hella long.
But that's such a sad story. I didn't know Leehom wrote so many songs based on his love life. I wonder what songs he'll write when he gets married? Maybe happier love songs?

QUOTE (tb1314 @ Jan 20 2006 5 51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just think that he sometimes try to cover himself up of so many publicity that he is gay...in the past few years there are always news saying that he is gay and now he is talking about girls and everything...I am not sure which one is true...of course I hope he is straight since he is such a cutie but I really don't know which to believe...sorry if I have offend any of his fans....so sorry just trying to give out my opinion

Ok, he's turning 30. I think if anything he's old and mature enough to be able to talk about his past relationships. If he was gay he wouldn't have gone out with this "Ms. Bai" for 5 years. -_- Just becuase he has no time for a girlfriend because of his music doesn't make him gay. You don't know how much the media prys at Leehom's private life because he doesn't talk about anything but music. So is it Leehom's fault that the media wants to ask him questions? SHould he go on every show and just refuse to answer all love related questions? I'm pretty sure he'd like to, but that would be kind of hard considering most Taiwanese talk shows nowadays concentrate on "nonmusical" aspects of artists -_-.

Wow, is it really that hard to NOT believe the tabloids? Oh and I'm not offended, I just felt like clarifying since some people seem to be gullible.

But your tone makes it sound like being gay is a BAD thing. I think in the end regardless of his sexual preference, as long as he makes good music, after all he is a musician, we should only concentrate on that and not his private life.

#35 lychee berry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:26 AM

such a depressing love story. I admire this guy for his ability to transfer his emotions into music, you can feel his pain and passion when he's singing the songs.

#36 XxMoOmOoxX

~_~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (Guest @ Jan 19 2006 11 11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe she's kicking herself now ? :noclue :noclue

i dont think so...because when leehom started becoming popular, he went back to the states to visit her....(so she knew that he was a star)....but they still ended up not being together

QUOTE (nature @ Jan 20 2006 2 52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How could Ms. Bai give up a guy like Leehom? He seems perfect in everything.

because he wasnt by her side too often because leehom was too busy focusing on his career

Edited by XxMoOmOoxX, 21 January 2006 - 06:15 AM.

#37 dreams29

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

man i read that long article about ms. bai and its really depressing. it sounds like something from a movie... and if it really is true... then i'm more in love with Lee Hom then before. he truly is one of the most sincere and caring artist i have ever read about.

#38 caden

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:38 AM

I don't think it's a big deal,As long as both in love nothing cn stop them

#39 oRAYo13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:44 PM

omggg ... it is soo sad!!! i read that article before about him and ms.bai. it WAS really depressing... i can feel his pain and saddness durin those times. TT.TT :crying: leehom is the type of guy any girl would wanna hav!! i mean i would. yeaaa he thinks for personality and all.. not for appearance or like at least he doesn't care that she was african american. thats goood. hope he find his truee love. he is such a devoted, honest, caring.... goes on forever... guy. :iloveyou: SUPPORT LEEHOM FOREVER!!!!!!! there aren't always artist/singers like him these days ya knowww.

#40 pit'fulbluez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:28 PM

awww man the poor dude is carrying such a huge broken heart >.< thats why most of his ballads are so sad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users