AF needs funding again

Photo

Cellphones used in Korean dramas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 sassy_sweet

sassy_sweet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:31 AM

hey guys im not korean so i am not familiar with the cellphones units/brands that korean actors use in their dramas.. but some of this cellphones were really cool and i hope someone could help me out identify what are these mobile phones??

like in delightful girl chunhyang, lee mong ryong uses this clam shell type phone? does anyone know what that cellphone is?/ please anyone here familiar with the cellphones used in k-dramas???
thanks! lol

#2 sassy_sweet

sassy_sweet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:15 AM

They usually use Samsung brand.

thanks!!!!

#3 lucky girl

lucky girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:23 AM

I'm not sure about the specific one you are talking about as I haven't watched that series but don't they seem to use LG more than Samsung?? I'm pretty suprised cos here in UK Samsung is bigger than LG but I think in korea LG is like one of the biggest electronics company. Actually, not just mobile phones, koreans generally like to used korean branded stuff, they are patroitic in this aspect..like cars and stuff, usually all korean brands!! What's more, I think 90% of korean phones are flip phones #_#' Haha..I rarely see the stars use non-flip phones and to be honest, besides LG and Samsung, I think it'll be quite hard to get hold of the other korean brands. Sorry, I don't seem to have been any help!!

#4 sassy_sweet

sassy_sweet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:22 AM

I'm not sure about the specific one you are talking about as I haven't watched that series but don't they seem to use LG more than Samsung?? I'm pretty suprised cos here in UK Samsung is bigger than LG but I think in korea LG is like one of the biggest electronics company. Actually, not just mobile phones, koreans generally like to used korean branded stuff, they are patroitic in this aspect..like cars and stuff, usually all korean brands!! What's more, I think 90% of korean phones are flip phones #_#' Haha..I rarely see the stars use non-flip phones and to be honest, besides LG and Samsung, I think it'll be quite hard to get hold of the other korean brands. Sorry, I don't seem to have been any help!!

:lol?: thanks anyway for posting!!!

#5 uNprediCtaBLe*mE

uNprediCtaBLe*mE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:43 AM

they always use LG and Anycall, which i think is part of Samsung brand. Its really cool and im wondering why are they not selling their cell phone model worldwide?

#6 syah4brit

syah4brit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

Oh yea they usually use LG's CYON or Samsung's Anycall but both Cyon & Anycall aren't available elsewhere , it has to do wif the band or network or type of phone or something , can't remember .

If u watch Korean shows opening or closing credits , u usually will see the names CYON or ANYCALL ~~

Edited by syah4brit, 25 March 2006 - 04:01 PM.

#7 knn

knn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

Shin (of Goong) used a SAMSUNG d600.

#8 kyesang

kyesang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:40 AM

I really love these phones... esp like the expensive looking cellphone that hyun bin used in MNIKSS

the ringtone too
hahaha

the recent CYON chocolate range is really good.... a pity... can't get it over here

#9 syah4brit

syah4brit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

I really love these phones... esp like the expensive looking cellphone that hyun bin used in MNIKSS

the ringtone too
hahaha

the recent CYON chocolate range is really good.... a pity... can't get it over here

ohh yea i love the Cyon Chocolate series , the black one & white one ~~

#10 dexta

dexta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:54 AM

IM GOING TO KOREA FOR 1 YEAR -> NEW CELL PHONE~!~!~!

lol sorry for the random..ness.........
i just wanna let the whole world know.

#11 ★vitaMING

★vitaMING

Dan+Blair

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2359 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:02 AM

i want the one that lee dong wook has in my girl.. :D the black one!! :D does anyone know what type it is? it looks very nice!

#12 syah4brit

syah4brit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:30 AM

IM GOING TO KOREA FOR 1 YEAR -> NEW CELL PHONE~!~!~!

lol sorry for the random..ness.........
i just wanna let the whole world know.

ohh gosh u're makin me jealous cus u can own one of the korean cellphones we can't get anywhere else ~

#13 victor2606

victor2606

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

korean dramas/movies always use cellphones with korean brands, for like samsung, LG etc. it's the same thing with cars, they often drive hyundai, kia and stuff, except when the character is really really rich, the rich people usely drive mercedes hehe

#14 syah4brit

syah4brit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:52 AM

And once he comes back, he can't use it anymore :harhar

:lol: but at least he got to use it for a yr , n after tht he can keep it ~~

korean dramas/movies always use cellphones with korean brands, for like samsung, LG etc. it's the same thing with cars, they often drive hyundai, kia and stuff, except when the character is really really rich, the rich people usely drive mercedes hehe

ya ya , maybe it has to do wif sponsors also , anyway Korea has alot of their own products , they are quite loyal to their brands ~~

#15 mars1234

mars1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:42 AM

me, i really like the phone hyun bin uses in my name is kim sam soon. (sigh!) wish i had one like that!

#16 mystical

mystical

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

I luv all the korean phones too...they haf really unique and stylsh designs...and i like the LG choc range and oso the slimmest phone KTF T5000

#17 fonder

fonder

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:58 AM

the best cellphone i had ever seen was hyun bin's cellphone in my name is kim

sam soon... i really wanted to get my hands on that cellphone until i found out that

his cellphone was exclusive for seoul only because it is like a television... it has a

built in satellite i think... its a samsung SCH-B100... i was sooooooo into this

cellphone... the style is sooooo unique.. i had never seen a cellphone with the

same style as this model... usually,cellphones has the same styles, slide up, slim

and etc... i really envy those who live in seoul... but i still love my country...

hehehe...

#18 babygurldoc

babygurldoc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 12:29 PM

I love the cellie that SJS used in MISA
The design look so cool and the function is hot stuff too.
I want one so bad.
Why cant design in the US be like in Korea?
So jealous

#19 boi

boi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

yeap i like the phones in k dramas! so much more advanced than the ones here in australia.

#20 diet

diet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:53 AM

the k dramas usally use LG phones or innostream...LG is VERY popular in Korea

#21 kkyyoo

kkyyoo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

can anyone identify the cell phone
that Eugene used in STLDFM ?

thx

#22 sudu

sudu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:33 AM

How about the one that Suh Do Young used in Spring Waltz?
Anyone knows what cellphone is that? white color, push-up with a pretty big screen ...

Thanks in advance.

#23 gellai

gellai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:19 AM

LOL. yea! they rock! they're cellphone brands are called
ANYCALL by Samsung! there's actually a website for it!
it's SOO COOL! i wanna buy one!

#24 Lovewinter

Lovewinter

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:54 AM

the ringtone too
hahaha

Yes, me and my friend love this too.

I love the ringtone from "Spring Waltz", the two main lead. I wonder where to download!

#25 Erico

Erico

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:45 AM

I love the phones in Korean dramas too. Such cute graphics and awesome design and function! > < I want one, but not all the features would work in the US. I don't understand, LG is quite cool in Korea, but in the USA... it's like... bleagh.

#26 sWeEtiE cHoc-pIe

sWeEtiE cHoc-pIe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:26 PM

hmppp...me kinda fanatic in fons n thier latest tech..but doz in korean they're like super kiut..n like wow..so kewl...how they twist n turn d fon..

#27 jaze

jaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

HELP!
HELP!
HELP!

What is brand/unit/model/type of cellphone was Lee Dong Wook (Seol Gong Chan) using in My Girl? You know, the Flip/Clamshell design...

I'm really thinking of buying one... Hehe... :D

This raises my obsession to the next level...

THE QUESTION (again):

WHAT BRAND OF MOBILE PHONE DID LEE DONG WOOK (seol gong chan) USE IN MY GIRL?

I hope you guys could help me with this... ;)

#28 jaze

jaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:20 AM

Am I super obsessed or what? :blink:

Hehe, I now know what the phone Gong Chan had in My Girl. On top of that, I now also know what Yoo Rin's phone was.

How did I figure these out?
I had to go through episodes of My Girl where the characters held their phones (or the phone had some clear shot), and from there compare it with the phone lists/display in www.anycall.com!!!
Even if I didn't understand Korean, I was able to navigate through the website, all because I want to have the same phone as they do. :wacko:

Sadly, those models haven't been/won't be released here in the Philippines, since it's a CDMA phone, while our networks here all use the GSM platform... :down

Edited by jaze, 18 August 2006 - 10:42 AM.

#29 kimchispice27

kimchispice27

The Comeback! :)

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2846 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:57 PM

they usually use samsung brand cellphones because samsung is made in korea, yeah!...

well i don't really know what unit did lee dong wook use, but i think that isn't from samsung, i think that's another brand...

but i'm sure, the one used by jin gyo's sister is samsung D600... :D

Edited by Neym, 18 August 2006 - 04:58 PM.

#30 skyside

skyside

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:58 PM

Yes...those phones appear in Korean Series are really attractive. They look so unique and well designed. Most of the times, I noticed that they will use Samsung, Innostream and LG handphone. However, I was suprised to see the lead actress in Tree of Heaven using Motorola Cellphone in that series. She was using the pink colour Motorola slim phone. Honestly, it doesn't look that cool. So, Korean brands are still better in my opinion. :P

#31 roufang90

roufang90

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:49 AM

anybody know what does yoon eun hye uses in goong [PRINCESS HOURS] ??

#32 jaze

jaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:38 AM

they usually use samsung brand cellphones because samsung is made in korea, yeah!...
well i don't really know what unit did lee dong wook use, but i think that isn't from samsung, i think that's another brand...
but i'm sure, the one used by jin gyo's sister is samsung D600... :D

Nope, I'm pretty sure that both Yoo Rin and Gong Chan were using Samsung/Anycall phones... :D But those phones are hard to identify since they've been released in Korea and in the US (and probably in places where CDMA is besides GSM), BUT NOT in the Philippines.. :)

#33 kimchispice27

kimchispice27

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2846 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:11 PM

Nope, I'm pretty sure that both Yoo Rin and Gong Chan were using Samsung/Anycall phones... :D But those phones are hard to identify since they've been released in Korea and in the US (and probably in places where CDMA is besides GSM), BUT NOT in the Philippines.. :)

oh i see. lols! i thought as far as i can remember, new units were ususally released here because we were like the testing ground of new units!

but i really love gong chan's phone because it's flip! :D

#34 Vivagirl

Vivagirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:39 PM

hyun bin's hp is mnikss... Samsung Anycall SCH-CB100... its a very cool looking fone with some great features... like u can watch tv as it supports 3g

Edited by Vivagirl, 28 August 2006 - 05:40 PM.

#35 nanajol

nanajol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:15 AM

most of the phones the actors n actresses are using are those from Samsung Anycall... or LG Samsung... these models are the common ones...

Posted Image
SBH-4150-- Jae Hee using in Sassy Girl Chun Hyun

Posted Image
Posted Image
SCH-B250

Posted Image
SCH-B100-- binnie's phone....

Posted Image
SCH-V500-- Samsoonie's phone...

Posted Image
SCH-V740 -- think this is the phone that Lee Dong Wook is using in My Girl.....

Posted Image
SPH-V4400-- the phone Lee Da Hae using in my Girl

i found that many of the models are so similar... think these phones can only be found in Korea... anyway i can't confirm that they are using the above models cos this is wat i managed to identify...

#36 kimchispice27

kimchispice27

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2846 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:53 AM

that phone LDW used in my girl is really hot! i love the way when he flips it open then closes it again! :D

#37 aNGeLsbRoUgHtMeHeRe87

aNGeLsbRoUgHtMeHeRe87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

I'm really attracted n hoping to have 1 the cellphone which used by Han Eun Jeong(correct me if i spelled it wrong) in FULL HOUSE!!! I bet the pictures which takes using it r same as digital camera because it was the 5 megapixel camera phone in it!! It was the world first cellphone with 5 megapixels camera!! Of i forget, it is from SAMSUNG but i don't remember the phone model!! :blush HeHe.....

#38 jaze

jaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:31 AM

that phone LDW used in my girl is really hot! i love the way when he flips it open then closes it again! :D

I agree! That phone is uber-cool! I love the flipping action!!! :D

But do take note, it's not just LDW who uses the phone. By the end of the series (Episodes 15 and 16), Gong Chan's phone is no longer the flip phone :thumbdown, he instead uses a new one. Lee Jun Ki/Seo Jong Woo now uses the flip phone.

Anyway, for those who are interested, here are Yoo Rin's and Gong Chan's phone models during the early part of My Girl (before the two-year separation/Episodes 15 and 16).

Yoo Rin's phone - SPH V8450/V8400 (the one that Seo Jong Woo gave her as a gift)
Gong Chan's phone - SCH V740

As you can see, they are SPH and SCH, NOT SGH... Which means they're not using GSM phones... WAAAH!!! How I wished there were non-GSM service providers here in my country... :crying:

But there's hope for me (and anyone else who wants a GSM version of those phones)!!! Similar-looking GSM models have been released by Samsung in other continents/countries outside Asia... So perhaps I could order those phones via the Internet from some website in the UK or some other place... :thumbsup

#39 kimchispice27

kimchispice27

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2846 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

^ that only means one thing, thse phones cannot be used here in the philippines! hehehe

well i just like the flip mode, i fell in love with samsung flip phones ever since i saw korean movies! :D

#40 Angelaaa

Angelaaa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:42 AM

those phones i dont think u can get them anywhere but korea but u can prolly get the motorola razr if u want the cell that LDW uses in my girl (it does look like the razr doesnt it?...)

those phones i dont think u can get them anywhere but korea but u can prolly get the motorola razr if u want the cell that LDW uses in my girl (it does look like the razr doesnt it?...)