AF needs funding again

- - - - -

My mom won't let me go out

189 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

when i was in middle school (im in high school now) my mom letted me go to my frens house, now i cant even go, when i ask why she jus says no and doesnt give me a reason...yesterday i ask if i can go shopping with my fren n before i was done askin she was already shaking her head signaling no...i feel trapped in the house becuz i can only go out with my family, which annoys me becuz if i can go out i need a family member there and its not fun becuz we cant mess around (joke about each other)...how can i make my mom let me go out? im not those irresponsible type of girls, i get good grades at school, i do my hw, i help her around the house, i do almost everything for her, but she wont let me go out!!

#2 Yong87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:53 PM

Well I don't have any really good advice for you.

It depends on your relationship with you mom. Do you talk alot? Is it OK if you otalk with her about it? because you really should. Tell her what you think and that you're not a child anymore.

good luck.

#3 Angel of Rage

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:15 PM

er... didnt something happen? since u were able to go out in middle school, and now u are not..............did u do soemthing that destory her trust? if that is the case, nuthing u can do but earn it back

#4 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

i didnt do anything, but my sister used to go out and wont come back until like 2 in the morning...me and my mom have a good relationship but she thinks i cant take care of myself...

• Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:11 PM

prove to her that it's wrong. Trust me, she'll give you a chance eventually, and that will be the perfect time to show her how responsible you are in this situation that she fears you being in....and if that doesn't work, in two years you'll be a legal adult...

#6 flaresz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:37 PM

Well, maybe you've done something wrong and she didnt like it so shes not letting you out. what you should really do is, go up to your mum politely and ask her why she wont let you out. dont get stressed when she tells you the reason. and see is there anyways of making her change her mind after listening to her

#7 QuanL108M_J

SCAMming Scummer

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

it much be something that you act, if you act like a little kid, maybe you she think is dangerous when you going out.

#8 aZnLoVa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:16 AM

Did you ask her why you can't go? Some moms are like that. They wanna keep you out of trouble, it doesnt matter how good of a daugther you are

#9 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:54 AM

whenever i ask her why she jus say i dont want u goin out...but she let everyone else in my family go out when they were little and when she didnt let them they snuck out....i dont even have a pair of keys...my mom thinks im gonna lose it >=(

#10 Guest_xx_azn.cutie_*

• Guests

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:38 AM

oh that's gotta suck... well i think your mom loves you too much and doesn't want anything to happen to you, and maybe your mom is doing what best for you maybe she wants you to stay at home jsut iincase something happens and she want you to help her do sumthing tell her later on how you really feel. though 'cause you probly don't want you to trap you inside the house forever... hm..... you don't have your own pair of house keys yet and you in high school..... tell you mopm that you need a pair just incase you have to stay after school to do some extra cerdit( not say that you need to have extra credit) but if you want to do that and you parents have to go out to buy stuff than you'll be stuck outside until thier home or you can call them on your cell and tell them to get home if you got one.

#11 mizpolly1031

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:51 AM

i think u should try talking to ur mom and see y is she not letting u go out. What is her reason and u tell what u think.

#12 kmunz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:57 AM

wow... nothing we can do i think.. wat u should do now is i think let ur mother know, if this continue, this will seriously inflict to ur psycology.
hope she will realised then

hmm... there is juz too many situation like this... hard to make ur mom mind change... if can also maybe will hurt ur mom..

#13 iCanFly

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:14 AM

View Postkmunz, on Feb 20 2006 10 57 PM, said:

wow... nothing we can do i think.. wat u should do now is i think let ur mother know, if this continue, this will seriously inflict to ur psycology.
hope she will realised then
yes I agree.
becuase I honestly think it is affecting you. plus all the social pressures that's out there. . .oh man must be tough. and you dont' even have your own keys. maybe ask your dad? try to print a pair of keys off your sisters or something. and sneak out become a bad girl. and say it'syour moms fault for not letting you go out in the 1st place, resulted in you doing all this. LoL :lol?:
this sounds like such a bad influence, but DO IT! :yeah

Edited by iCanFly, 21 February 2006 - 05:16 AM.

#14 Angel of Rage

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:15 AM

u r the youngeset in the family arnt u. see tat happen to lots of my frds tat are the youngest, also my younger bro. nuthing u can really do. u have to show ur mum u grow up somehow........

#15 aznxthuggie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:43 AM

View PostGuest, on Feb 20 2006 10 38 AM, said:

when i was in middle school (im in high school now) my mom letted me go to my frens house, now i cant even go, when i ask why she jus says no and doesnt give me a reason...yesterday i ask if i can go shopping with my fren n before i was done askin she was already shaking her head signaling no...i feel trapped in the house becuz i can only go out with my family, which annoys me becuz if i can go out i need a family member there and its not fun becuz we cant mess around (joke about each other)...how can i make my mom let me go out? im not those irresponsible type of girls, i get good grades at school, i do my hw, i help her around the house, i do almost everything for her, but she wont let me go out!!
You ARE a kid. letted? hahaha, grow up n take up some responsibilities, then maybe she'll let you go out.

#16 ═☆ Kawaii_Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:12 AM

my mum is worst.... she doesnt let me go out with my friends at all.. and im like 19 already... but haha my dad does...

#17 MrWinkles

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:34 AM

View PostGuest, on Feb 21 2006 12 54 PM, said:

whenever i ask her why she jus say i dont want u goin out...but she let everyone else in my family go out when they were little and when she didnt let them they snuck out....i dont even have a pair of keys...my mom thinks im gonna lose it >=(

Try to build up her confident in you so that she trust you and would let you go out. A lot of the times parent disallow you going out its because they think you are not mature enough. If you could gain her trust, no doubt she would let you have some fun.

#18 SevenWind

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:07 PM

Well, here's what I think.

When you were young, she would let you go to your friends house. Because you were still young. So nothing is really gonna happen.

But now that your older, she's afraid that you will get to know "bad friends". And do bad stuff. It is because you're more mature, she's afraid that you will do stupid things.
Kinda overprotective.

Maybe that's the reason.
But ofcourse, it may be different for you.

Edited by SevenWind, 21 February 2006 - 02:08 PM.

#19 iNtRiguE.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:46 PM

awww dat sucks.. sounds lik my gf.. i barely get 2 c her :( anywayz try 2 talk 2 ur mum and tell her how u feel. i mean i no how my gf feels, feels the same way as u. so basically yea jus tell her how u feel and it does suck ba!!s to haveta stay home and only go out wit ur family. >_>

#20 palapa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:51 PM

all u need to do is prove to her that u can manage ur time and life properly ....make her assure herownself that ur not young anymore ...

well i am a male .. so i dont have that problem .. but thats the same isnt it .. whether its male or female ..

if ur parents dont let u go out .. its normally to make sure ur in good hands

#21 Hem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:13 PM

Your mother is just worried about you, try to tell her that you're old enough to go out by yourself. She have to listen to you, because she can't forever look after you.

#22 SimplyAGirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:44 PM

I feel for you... welcome to my world... :tricky: I've never been given permission to go out even tho I'm 21 now! Like you, whenever I asked to go out, she would say no, no, and no. Pisses me off so much, argh! She never trusts me and she always thinks the world is dangerous out there, like as if everyone is trying to take advantage of me or something. Good thing, now that I'm in university and living in rez, she can't do or say a single thing about it and at last I have my freedom.

So my advice to you is, study hard and apply to the university that is furthest from home, so then you can have all the time to go out whenever you want, just like me. I feel like I'm teaching you doing something bad, lol.

#23 Naigen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:28 PM

One thing I advise you do now is have a discussion with her and negotiate times otehrwise you'd end up being 17-19 blaming everything on your parents, cause I used to and its not right.
It may seem annoying but your parents are very protective over you cause they care for you and they don't want you to get influenced into drinking, smoking, sexual relationships at like 16 as these are immoral things in their own mind set even though theyre pretty normal actions int his day'n age.

Yeah so have these discussions ask her whats the ral reason

#24 SushiloverxD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:06 AM

show yur mom yur a more responsible person then she thinks you are..geez..but seriously she should let you out..i think she should no how kids think if theyre trapped inside the house and cant get it theyll begin to hate the parent but..anyways Good Luck!!..shes just caring for you..and try ot reason with her and tho she go tno reasons

#25 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:11 AM

yes i am the youngest...i always feel like im too overprotected and im just sick of it...i cant even go out to the movies without having my sister there, sometimes i jus wanna go out by myself...i dont think my mom would let me have my own set of keys because shes always there to open the door, and since she wont let me go out theres no reason to have keys…my friends always ask me (almost every week) if I can go out to watch a movie or go shopping, but whenever I ask my mom says no, and I have to make up some stupid reason to my friends of why I cant go ( if I say becuz my mom wont let me they would keep asking why)…my mom always said that wen she was little her parents didn’t let her go out either but she snuck out when ever they had work, but I cant do that becuz my mom doesn’t work and shes at home all the time or she makes me go to her frens house and sit there like an idiot…

#26 RadicalDreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:06 AM

hmm i had that problem so i fixed it by introducing another problem lol. Not guaranteed to work but this is what I did. Since she don't let me go out I would have my friends come over regularly so that my mom can get to know them and make her feel that I will be safe around them. Due to my Constant gaming at home, she thinks its bad for my health and that the exposure to the radiation from the tv and monitor haha. Right now she is glad that I go out. But then again I am a guy so my mother is less worried about me getting raped LOL. Parents are more overprotective of their girls.

#27 Ti Nguyen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:38 AM

16 is still young stay in school, done with HS then do whatever you please

#28 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:08 AM

my mom wont even let me invite people in the house, the people that can be in the house is our family members...becuz my mom wont let me go out im always playin on the computer, watching tv, or playing video games...its like shes makin me into a couch potato...i only wanna go out with my friends not go out to party (im not the type to party, even though i like to dance) i only wanna spend time with my frens...not have a bf or have sex or do drugs or anything like that....it could be possible that im safer in the streets than in my high school....in my high school u get picked on if ur a fob (luckily im not) u get beaten up in the bathroom and get jacked, also people smoke in the bathrooms...

#29 mizzyjade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:09 AM

hmmm, i've never had that happen to me before but i know how you feel. maybe you should just have a talk with your mom and see what her reasoning is. it might also help when she know exactly who you are going out with. you can also try negotiating with her, like if you get really good grades then you can go out at least once a month or something.

#30 _co0kiez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:10 AM

My mom lets me out and i'm only in the 7th grade which is middle skoo 2.. Maybe she dont trust you?

#31 greedy4tvb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:52 AM

Your mother is probably scared that you'll return home at 2am like your sister. You have to assure her that your not going to stay out till the morning. She has to let you out sooner or later b/c when parents don't give their children freedom, the child will grow up wanting to move out of the home.

• Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

all i can say is...your mom might be worried about you...The society nowadays is ridiculous. And she might be probably very worried and concern about you.
Perhaps you can try gaining her trust first, and then have your own way after that. after all, you stil have a long way to go from here. When you are away for further studies or working, you have so much free time that sometimes you wish you are with your parents and they are guarding you as tight as possible!!
So all i can say is treasure this times being pampered and cared for, and in the meantime, gain some trust from her. You will soon be as free as a bird.

#33 miss.wasabi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

Most parent are protective to their children under age 18th. If you want to go out with friend, let her know who is the person you go with, where to and set a time to come home early. This might ease her mind a bit.

#34 Veivei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:08 PM

You have to take it step by step.. some times white lie.. but don go pubs at that age or ahemmm.. :) just make ur mom trust u.. tell her who u go with. get a cell phone. tell her to call if she wants to talk to u if u are not around.. maybe some mom are over reacting.. 80% of moms are! lol

#35 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:41 AM

i do tell her who im goin with what time im going and what time ill be back, n i have a cell phone, but she still wont let me go out, it jus seems ridiculous to me that she does that...sometimes she wont even let me older sister go out and shes 20!

#36 q.k-

emoKID

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:01 AM

What I think is that the more you listen to them the more they ask of you, Im not saying dont listen to them what Im saying is that somtimes you need to rebel them a bit. Let them know that they can't always have thier way. Show em whos boss

#37 treestumpish:)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:06 AM

wow. maybe you should try talking to her in a very sophisticated way and talk about how you're getting old and you want her to trust you not to get hurt. but you should give it a few weeks rest so she won't think you complain a lot and stuff. i think maybe your mom is scared something will happen to you like kidnappers etc. maybe taking a self defense class?

#38 Lil_Mz_Vamp

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

she probably just wants to protect you and she shinks that ur not mature enoguh. just live with it for a few more years, im sure that when ur older, u will eventually get to go out

#39 deathnight287

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

well i guess ur mom just wanted to protect u and wanted u to be safe. wen a person is 16, they turn really easily and change their attitude towards their parents. maybe ur mom dont want u to go out because there are always many bad people out there that u dont noe and they do things tat are bad to u.

#40 mrax

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:09 PM

just try to sit and talk to she maybe then you can work something out and haveing a phone and calling her could also work too

Reply to this topic

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users