AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Why do guys ask "Do you have a boyfriend?"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#1 misspinky

misspinky

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:08 AM

i've been ask numerous times if i have a boyfriend by another guy. i don't get why they ask that, are they implying something or they're just curious?

The same reason girls ask "do you have a GF".

did any girl ever ask a guy that? cus i never did.

Edited by misspinky, 22 February 2006 - 02:50 AM.

#2 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:16 AM

then after they ask did they do anything like flirt you more or anything? maybe they are interested on you and wouldn't believe if you have bf...

#3 Stevie57

Stevie57

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:17 AM

why do we do it eh ? i know its cause we wanna know. dont wanna waste time if you have a bf right ?.......... Sooooooo do you have a bf ? cause why would you be annoyed with it ! its a compliment.

Edited by Stevie57, 21 February 2006 - 02:21 AM.

#4 aZnLoVa

aZnLoVa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:20 AM

What do you mean why? We just want to know =D Its just a good topic to talk about. And to know if you are on the market

#5 Yong87

Yong87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:28 AM

Simple.

1. If the guy is interested in you then of course he wants to know if you got a BF or not. If you have then he'll know what he's not going to do, for example flirt, ask you out etc...

2. If he's a friend then it's really no big deal for him to just ask. He might just be wondering, just to know you better that's all.

#6 misspinky

misspinky

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

on the market

haha you remind me of my friend, she claims i'm off the market when i don't have a bf.

hehe you guys gave some funny response. thanks for spending your time to answer. ;]

#7 damnu

damnu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:59 AM

I still think its for conversation's sake :) , if she has a bf then thats nice, if not thats nice too. Either way, it still shouldnt stop him from flirting with the girl, maybe she'll like him better than the bad bf.

#8 pwas

pwas

Rainie Yang =D

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:45 AM

Maybe the guy wants to know if you have a boyfriend or not; so if you dont he can try to get with you, or hes just really noisy and wants to know.

#9 IT_slumpgal

IT_slumpgal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

i've been ask numerous times if i have a boyfriend by another guy. i don't get why they ask that, are they implying something or they're just curious?

Well..there isnt a definite answer to this....there's so many possible reasons for this question..it could be just a casual question without any meaning, just curiosity, or if he wanted to know if u r single before he makes the move...etc etc..
but one thing for sure, dont be swayed and misunderstood that this imply he is interested in you! U wanna know, just find it out urself by asking him directly. :) Donnt play a guessing game, risky.

#10 DouFu

DouFu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:46 PM

he is usually interested......... and just making sure he isn't trying to approach another persons girl...... u know the saying what goes around comes around....... no guy wants that to happen to himself

#11 etiologic

etiologic

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1995 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

just checking if you're available :whistle

#12 Naigen

Naigen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:49 PM

thats only one answer they wanna go out with you and want tog et a straight answer instead of waisting his time, only truth im afraid

even if its a friend it indicates his a lil interested

#13 ^x^A reason to love^-^

^x^A reason to love^-^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:56 PM

it depends on how he say it and what situation your actually in

if he just sees you and starts talking he wants you

if he knows you already he might be curious and to know if he can get you lol

ahahaa
like your friends can ask you and they might be secret admirers its very common to have secret admirers right UNDER your nose lol

try it, me and friend did.

just glance out the corner of your eye and *we're so sad lol* tally ahahaa

how much a guy actually looks at you lol

the really obvious ones are when they actually just stare at you... freaky lol

ahahaa lol ^-^

the even more scary part is that they they are ugly and you actually guess it right when they confess their 'undying' love O.o

#14 RAVE_Haru

RAVE_Haru

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

My friend always asks this question to girls he meets (tht he's actually interested in). He'll just go up to some girl he sees and ask them, and if they say yes thn he just replies by saying "Well, I dont want your bf's phone number". Its not necessarily saying much, just showing an interest and is a conversation starter to say the least.

#15 Babi1012

Babi1012

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:26 PM

oh hahaha. there are a few reasons

1) they wanan know if u have a bf ^a lota ppl said that so i'm not going to go deeper in this

2) guys know that....when a guy asks a girl "do u have a bf?" the first thing the girl would htink is "why do u ask?....oh i get it, i think he likes me!!" so, when they ask u, it doesn't necessarily mean that they're trying to chase u. they just want u to think that way (because it's common to ask) and then u'll fall for them.

#16 liljenn

liljenn

ka-jiee! haha *poke*~~!!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:44 PM

well they might want to get to know you better and just wanted to know if your taken or not or maybe they could just be curious. but theres a high chance they might like you

#17 SimplyAGirl

SimplyAGirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:51 PM

Yea, I don't know why they asked that too and I do get asked a lot. I mean like what if I have a bf or what if I'm single? I get asked so often that I don't know whether they are interested in me or they have nothing to talk about and just curiously ask.

#18 AnotherEdward

AnotherEdward

tired

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1141 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

true there can be many reasons behind asking this. once, i was asked "are you attached?" and when i responded no. they said, "cool. that means you can work longer hours." :duh

while there can be many reasons, i think the most common reason would be because they are interested in you.

#19 austin31six

austin31six

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:58 PM

as a guy, I know that guys ask this question because they want to get to know the girl better. if the girl said she has a boyfriend, I might think twice about pursuing her or have any interest in her. just don't want to ruin the girl's relationship with her b/f, morals

#20 fOr4yOu

fOr4yOu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

some people wanna be cooler den others..meanin if u have one den ur cool..and if u dont..den it means no one wants u..or ur not good enuf to have one...thats how i see it...u neva kno wat people want from u nowadays...and they are soo nosy...

#21 ♥ 千嬅 ♥

♥ 千嬅 ♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:03 AM

It seems like this topic started for me! Once I was talking with a guy, and suddenly he asked: 'Do you have a bf". I really thought for a long time why he asked such a question..

#22 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:42 AM

normally guys will not waste their time to chase a girl with bf. so this is why we ask this. this is normal....

#23 aznxthuggie

aznxthuggie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1263 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:50 AM

Usually if you say..
Yes i have a BF: the guy will back off
No i dont' have a BF: you've just unknowingly given him permission to hit on you

#24 M1k0e

M1k0e

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:19 AM

they ask to noe if ur available so that they can get a chance to be with u maybe

#25 jojo123

jojo123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:17 PM

I guess soo that the guy will know if they can have a move or not if they do find they like the girl.....soo won't waste time

#26 hungnchoi

hungnchoi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:30 PM

I'm a guy and I would ask the girl if she has a boyfriend only if I'm interested in her.
It helps me in moving from one phase to the next one.
If she does have one, then I remain friends with her. If she's single, then it's time to start making a move.

#27 judyiscool

judyiscool

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:44 AM

Maybe they're just interested in your relationship status? haha They might try to be implying something by asking that.

#28 red robot

red robot

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:34 AM

cuz we want to know if you are available or not. it would be a waste of time if u were already hooked up with somebody. just take it as a compliment, believe me, we wouldn't ask a girl if she has a bf unless we were interested.

#29 Garu

Garu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

There is only 2 reasons, either curious or either interessed in u. Usually guys always ask question thats seems normal while girls will find it surprising and doubtful.

#30 gaijai

gaijai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:47 PM

i think it can scare the girl away if a guy asks "do you have a bf" not too long after meeting her. you'll have to get to know her more and find out yourself...don't ask her this if you really like her.

#31 kplburn

kplburn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:22 PM

it's for the hell of it, at first you ask because you're just curious and but the answer doesn't really matter i don't think...if you like the girl, then you like the girl. You'll probably end up mackin on her even if she had a man =P admit it!

#32 luuman

luuman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:13 AM

Oh chasing a girl with a boyfriend is pointless. I flirt with a girl nonstop on our way to work, nothing comes out of it, since I know she has a boyfriend and her boyfriend keeps reminding me she has a boyfriend. Yes it is pointless so maybe the question really isn't that important.

#33 ktran001

ktran001

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:47 AM

They ask that question because they are interest in you. Maybe they want to ask you out but don't want to make a full of them self if you already by a bf.

#34 Azn.Rider

Azn.Rider

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:31 AM

well they ask to make sure that yer available cuz then most guys don't really want to be the 3rd person and transform it into a love triangle... get me??
and its a hint when someone asks those quetsions that they are interested in you. it maybe asked in several wayz even as a joke tone but
really, they mean something

#35 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:01 AM

Are they trying to be a gentleman?

#36 RedG35c

RedG35c

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

Like others have said, they just want to know if you're "available". They are interested, or at least, someone is interested. It could always be a friend asking for a friend.

If they weren't interested at all, why would they care? :D

You can confirm this especially if after they ask you, and the answer was "yes" and they no longer tlak to you. :P

#37 chickonwings

chickonwings

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:04 PM

I would ask that if I wanted to know. It basically means they are interested in you if you are single and you guys dont know each other that well.

But also he could be just good friends with you and just joking around.

#38 tanyl78

tanyl78

SuperStar!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

out of curiousity? i ask guy if they have gf out of curiousity, i also ask girls if they have bf...

#39 deathnight287

deathnight287

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:40 PM

i think wen a guy ask wen u have a bf is because that guy likes u and wanted to go out wit u. sometimes wen a guy ask u tat, it means tat he wanted to noe if he have a chance wit the girl because he really like u.

#40 loveyaforever71489

loveyaforever71489

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:16 AM

ive beeen ask that too!
they ask that bc they r curious or they want to go out with u bc they like u. if u r have a bf then they will not waste time with u and fine smeone else to flirt with.