General Comments about To Grow With Love 肥田囍事

180 replies to this topic

#41 joyce20176

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:56 PM

Yep our dear Myolie looks fat now, but she still pretty and cute and I still love her. Andy looks cute with Myolie too, I think Myolie will make good chemistry with Andy too, it cute how Andy carry her up aww ;).
Mathew Ko looks really young, hope his acting is good.

#42 add_oil

"I'm singing in the sky..."

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:46 PM

intersting that andy hui is going to act in this series. hope he and myolie will create some "sparks". and i must say to myolie...."whoa!" she really has put on the pounds. she is so dedicated to her work. i'm sure the effort will pay off since the series seems like it'll be another breakthrough for her.

#43 Coralie

Formerly known as MonCheri

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

Andy Hui is hot. He can pull off that I'm-cocky-look-at-me type of image pretty easily. If this series is anything like the original book, I'm hoping Andy would be something like that (though a bit nicer). haha.

#44 meteorangela

chau chau ♡ 小方

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:27 AM

I always thought this was a movie! I didn't know it was a series, well that is good then - more entertainment that lasts longer :)

#45 jayda*star

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:21 AM

this series is getting lots of attention just because of myolie's weight gain. If it is anything like Bridget Jone's Diary, then I don't think it deserves all this hype. And what is with TVB trying to do their own versions of American movies/series?

#46 Jackiiie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

Myolie is so perfect for this role as a chinese sort-of Bridget Jones....Myolie is so loyal to TVB gaining all that pounds for their series! Hope this series get good ratings !!

#47 cutedream

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:17 PM

Can't wait to see this series because Myolie put on so much weight. Myolie is putting so much effort for TVB.

#48 smilanny

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:22 AM

Myolie must work very hard to film Fei Tin Hei See. i agree she still looks cute even though she's chubby now =) i'm not a fan of Andy Hui, but the pairing Andy-Myolie is refreshing! and i hope Matthew's acting isn't bad.

#49 pyps

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:33 PM

hope it would turn out better than the english movie but it most like not based on the actor and actress.

#50 dng84

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:43 PM

I really can't believe Myolie did this to herself, making herself go fat so fast and then becoming thin again, wouldn't she get sick!!??

#51 jannoo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:02 AM

Myolie Wu Hang Yee's gained weight from 110 pounds to 145 pounds in order to film her new series "Fei Tin Hei See. Posted Image

really proud of her for her daring :shocked: In an interview if Moylie will wear bikini in one of the swimming scene, Myolie answer is she don't mind appearing in bikini "but the bikini has to have a lot of cloth" ^_^'

Scene with Andy Hui
Posted Image

Some more pictures of the cute Myolie :lol?:

Myolie and Andy running their script
Posted Image

This scene is where Myolie have to chase Andy but she is so clumsy due to her weight and her pant almost come down
Posted Image

#52 the-yellowdream

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:34 AM

Oh Myolie is such a great actress even sacrifice herself for series!! She really ought to get the best actress award!!

#53 cutedream

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:48 PM

Myolie gained so much! The pics look so funny especially the one wear she's pulling her pants up! =D

#54 hpfan

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:30 PM

wow, myolie gained a lot of weight for this series. she's working very hard. we now know she's hardworking and determined, now let's see if she is acting very well. I already admire her determination, but if she acts really well and does a great job, i might actually consider her one of my favorite actress.

#55 Yuffie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:13 AM

This series definately worth a watch...
Firstly, even the age different between Myolie and Andy, but I am for sure they will make a good pair.... Myolie looks great with older guys... Myolie can even be look with Tsui Kwan Ho...

as for Jack Wu and Myolie Wu, they are just so adoble ^_^ I must give honourable award to "Double Wu" for gaining weight and sarific themself for this series <3

#56 bbyxd0rkii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:39 PM

wow bridget jones >_< that's gonna be hard.. good luck myolieee!

#57 kelly84

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

myolie's character really challenging for her. she needs to gain weight in order to act this drama...

#58 halcyon_days

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:00 AM

Looking forward to see this series:D i have a feeling that Myolie will get an award for this series.. perhaps best actress for next year.

#59 greensunflower

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:55 PM

myolie continues to impress me with her versatility and taking on challenging roles. over the years, she really has done almost any role that an actress could do and has done it well.

i'm definitely curious to see her in this series.. with the weight gain and with andy hui. quite a random pair but it should be interesting nonetheless.

i think the idea of the series is from bridget jones but i don't think they will follow the storyline in the same way so it shall be interesting to compare and contrast the two.

on a different note: i think its kind of crazy how she put on so much weight considering how slim she was and the shape that she was in. i'm sure she's going to do a lot of slimming promotions after this and i hope she finds a healthy balance between her figure before and now.

so when is this series done filming and airing?

#60 Guest_chink_strawberrie_princess_*

• Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:03 PM

:lmao: lol she's so cute ! she better like get tha next TVB award of something for what she have done!!!!!
very proud of her!! and Jack Wu! i saw his pic! OMG his STOMACH IS A GIANT BALLOn! is myolie and jack brothers and sis ? just wondering

#61 kenji1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:28 AM

Good news! This series has been chosen for this year's anniversary series. Myolie is going to win best actress this year. Myolie sacrificed and gained weight for the series.
There is really no competition this year. I love Sharen in Le Femme Desperado but she is not contract with TVB so she will not win (again).

#62 hkangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:21 AM

View Postkenji1234, on Aug 5 2006 12 28 PM, said:

Good news! This series has been chosen for this year's anniversary series. Myolie is going to win best actress this year. Myolie sacrificed and gained weight for the series.
There is really no competition this year. I love Sharen in Le Femme Desperado but she is not contract with TVB so she will not win (again).

Umm... where did you get the news from, kenji1234?

May I see the source?

#63 BLUE FiSHY XD

philip wang is my hero.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:21 AM

i really hope this series gets good ratings and myolie really does get the best actress award. i think nobody deserves it more than her. people complain about working in ancient clothing during the summer, going to some isolated areas, looking really ugly or mean in a series but myolie gains like 40 lbs. nobody can top that. i think to a woman nowadays, weight is one of the most important thing to their appearance. ALSO, myolie isn't some 2nd or 3rd string actress that is trying to get famous, she is already really popular and won many awards but is still sacrificing her weight for it.

i think i respect her a lot more after this series. it seems like she is very devoted about acting and doesn't really see acting as a job to get famous and earn lots of money.

maybe she does get some benefits from this series... more praise and popularity from people, a contract with a slimming company that pays a whole lot, possibility of winning the best actress this year.. but she trading that for gaining 40 lbs and putting her health at risk. also there is no guarantee she could lose it all (but i doubt that her slimming thing would fail..)

#64 kenji1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

View Posthkangel, on Aug 5 2006 7 21 AM, said:

Umm... where did you get the news from, kenji1234?

May I see the source?

Appledaily, August 5

The other anniversary series is "Pearl of the Orient" (Liza, Roger, Charmaine)

The article also mention that in recent years the award portion has taken over the other performances in the anniversary, so this year TVB will have 2 separate shows. One to present the awards and then the following week will have the traditional anniversary with various performances. Also the week before the award will have the singers celebrating the anniversary (forgot the name, but it was started again last year).

I like this setup because last year was SOOO boring with so much focus on the awards. Seriously I can't even remember any of the other performances. I am looking forward to the traditional anniversary. Also hopefully now the TVB awards get its own show it will recognize more "behind the scenes" people such as writers, producers.

Edited by kenji1234, 05 August 2006 - 07:54 AM.

#65 hkangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:10 AM

Oh wow, thanks for the news kenji1234!

Although I'm not sure if I want FTHS to be aired this year or not (I hope TVB doesn't rush the post-production work, and hence, ruining FTHS altogether after Myolie put so much effort in acting out this role), I'm glad to hear that TVB is splitting the awards and performance ceremonies. They totally ruined last years' one with some 'boring' acts, imo. But I did like how TVB experimented with the whole 'ball-like', 'dressing-up' and 'partnering up actors/actresses' ideas. But it definitely lacked the family feel.

I hope TVB brings back the 'Best partnership' award and the 'Top 10 Fave Characters' award too!

So in other words, the TVB anniversary will be split up into three components: (1) The singer's ceremony; (2) The Awards Ceremony; and (3) The traditional performances ceremony.

And Blue Fishy:

I really hope Myo will win Best actress for FTHS too! She totally deserves it imo! But then again, we're talking about TVB here, and when it comes down to TVB, the ratings is all it matters. -_-"

#66 deek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

Apparently the series is airing sometime in october. I'm not sure if this is true but i read it on the andy hui fan site/ forum that's quite reliable. it seems weird to me that a series can be completed and aired in so little time. and ye as hkangel said, i really hope they dont rush this. cant wait to watch it though, andy hui rocks!!

Edited by deek, 29 August 2006 - 03:24 PM.

#67 anaffinity

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:33 AM

Considering the hype this series is getting and its genre which is a favorite in HK (from the filming news it looks like a cute light hearted series) I think this series will get high ratings. It looks interesting and since it is an anniversary series, people will be more excited to watch it. I've read that this series has finished filming a few weeks ago and will be aired in Oct after Phoenix Quartet.

I'm not a big fan of Myolie, neutral towards her but Myolie really has a big chance to get Best Actress this year with this extraordinary character and press exposure. The only person who can pose a challenge to her is Charmaine but I doubt Charmaine will get it unless TVB pulls some string. But somehow I think TVB loves Myolie more LOL

#68 Linda Shirley Sheh

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:46 AM

this is a heavily promoted one and making myolie's weight gain such a big thing was a way of promoting it and it might fall intot he trap of high anticipation and expectations leading to disappoint others

#69 kenji1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:31 PM

Wow, I just saw the promo on TV. This series will air on October 23. Myolie was yelling "What is wrong with being fat"????

Edited by kenji1234, 01 October 2006 - 05:27 PM.

#70 lilsab

Guardian Angel

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:40 AM

why does jack wu have to gain weight for this series? \

what is his role???

#71 ilovealex

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:46 AM

I cannnot wait for this series to come out. Myolie and Andy both seem to be really great actors/actress and this series seems pretty well done. The last series I saw of Myolie was War of the In Laws and that series was done fairly well as well. I am going to expect a lot from this series but I know that this series will deffinitely meet my expectations.

#72 kenji1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:01 AM

The promos are funny. Apparently the city is banning fat people so Myolie is running away from the law (specifically by Andy) She keeps yelling "WHY IS BEING FAT A SIN?" and every time she stomps on the floor the Earth move a little! :D

#73 warlock

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:15 AM

I am really impressed with Myolie. I hav not come across a person who is willing to put on weight. At least she has da guts to put on all those weights. I would think like ten times before i start putting on weight. It is so hard to loose those extra kilos. I wonder how she does it man. I take my hat out for her. Can't wait to see how she does in dis series .... i started to like her acting after watching WOIL. She was really good there :)

I am really impressed with Myolie. I hav not come across a person who is willing to put on weight. At least she has da guts to put on all those weights. I would think like ten times before i start putting on weight. It is so hard to loose those extra kilos. I wonder how she does it man. I take my hat out for her. Can't wait to see how she does in dis series .... i started to like her acting after watching WOIL. She was really good there :)

#74 Corgan84

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

yeah.. trully amazing ho she gined all these weight..
don't she fear that her popularity shrunk for her ugly role

#75 LovestCarmen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:01 PM

finally it starts. i dont really like andy hui. he looks bad. im surprise he came back. well ill still watch it of course lol. especially for myolie. she made a sacrifice lol i cant miss it haha.

finally it starts. i dont really like andy hui. he looks bad. im surprise he came back. well ill still watch it of course lol. especially for myolie. she made a sacrifice lol i cant miss it haha.

#76 sleepybabe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:24 AM

i can't believe such a skinny person has gain that much weight
man, i can't even loose 5 pounds...she must have to work out like crazy to loose those weights later

#77 icibritestarz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:56 PM

^the official English title is "To Grow With Love"

I hope this series will be good considering the amount of hype and promotion, but then it seem like the storyline is very similar to the Korean series "My Lovely Samsoon"

#78 joyce20176

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:46 AM

Yes the english title is "To Grow With Love", here is the offcial link for this serie:

http://tvcity.tvb.co...with_love/story

source: www.tvb.com

#79 ricenoodle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:35 AM

this series is OUT IN AUSTRALIA!!

i started watching the first 3 eps and it IS ALREADY GOOD!! love love love it!! the storyline is very funny and i really hope that myolie wins the best actress award!

#80 Deci16

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:44 AM

View Postricenoodle, on Oct 20 2006 8 35 PM, said:

this series is OUT IN AUSTRALIA!!

i started watching the first 3 eps and it IS ALREADY GOOD!! love love love it!! the storyline is very funny and i really hope that myolie wins the best actress award!

You make me wish I were in Austrailia....I wish I have something to watch this weekend. Unfortunately, for most of us, we'll have to sit and wait till Monday for it.

Edited by Deci16, 21 October 2006 - 04:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users