AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

This guy likes me, and i would date him, but he's *ugly*

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
185 replies to this topic

#1 Mochao

Mochao

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:12 AM

i'm getting older now (20 years old, almost 21), and my parents are one of those parents who wants me to get married early, and i'm one of those people who wantes to get married early too, like around 23 years old, which after i graduate from university with a stable job. So i am starting to look for a guy who is husband material. This guy, i kind of like him, and he really likes me. He's quite wealthy, and he's nice too. One drawback is that he's ugly. It's not that i mind he's ugly, i really don't, but I've heard so many people say that they won't marry ugly guys/girls who are ugly because their kids will have a greater chance of being ugly/uglier than if they marry a better looking guy/girl. Now, i know that if a person is ugly themselves, they should not be so picky and look for a good looking partner. However, i don't find myself ugly. I'm not beautiful, but i can say that i'm above average, and with make-up, i look pretty good. I think that i should also marry a guy who is also above average, not a guy who is below average looking. I don't mind an ugly husband, but i just don't want ugly kids (i'm sure no one does). I don't know, should i consider him anyways? i can't decide :crying:

#2 littlemui

littlemui

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:24 AM

If his looks are what's bothering you, that's pretty shallow. You're looking for a guy who's husband material, not the next Mr. Universe model.

As for the whole "won't marry ugly guys/girls who are ugly because their kids will have a greater chance of being ugly/uglier than if they marry a better looking guy/girl", that's just a whole lot of BS. I've seen a lot of good looking people out there with not so good looking parents. It's all in the genes. Did you ever study natural selection in biology? :P

I think you need to get past his looks and divulge deeper into his personality and traits. That's the most important part of a person, not their looks.

#3 anonymous1

anonymous1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:25 AM

lol kidz will look alike parents. u think this true? for me i dont think so.

hmm..

r u pretty? i go to shopping mall and i saw there are quite alot of "beauty and the beast" :wacko: (not related)

#4 Mochao

Mochao

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:50 AM

Did you do bad in science or something? There were sections that talked about genes passing down on generations. It is the luck of the draw, the sperm and eggs.

i know it is the luck of the draw, which is why in my first post, i said there's a greater chance of getting ugly/uglier children with an ugly husband than with a better looking husband. I know that even if he's ugly, my kids might turn out good looking, but it's just that there's a greater chance that they will be uglier.

r u pretty? i go to shopping mall and i saw there are quite alot of "beauty and the beast" :wacko: (not related)

i think i'm above average looking. I'm not very pretty, but i look decent.

Edited by Apple Pie, 22 March 2006 - 02:52 AM.

#5 mastermind

mastermind

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:52 AM

i reckon you should just give it a try and not be bothered about the looks thing ... if its really a matter of wat others say. then you have to make up the decision on the partner you want ...

or why not look around for something good to your standards :D

#6 judyiscool

judyiscool

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:56 AM

go past the looks cause thats just shallow and his bg and everything else seems good only his looks. in the end its up to you to decide so you figure it out if you rather go for his looks or personality. don't worry bout the kids yet cause thats in the future, worry bout the things right now instead.

#7 Rager

Rager

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:05 AM

I wouldn't marry or go out with an ugly girl. Even if i'm not planning 2 have any kids, i won't marry and ugly/fat girl. I just can't face a girl like that for the rest of my life. (No offense to anyone of course, just expressing my opinion ^_^ ) But of course, the final decision is still up to you.

Edited by Rager, 22 March 2006 - 03:06 AM.

#8 AnotherEdward

AnotherEdward

tired

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1141 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:40 AM

maybe it's because i'm a guy but i never think of partners in that way. i would think about how compatible are we? can i see myself growing old with this person? am i attracted to this person? and do i have feelings for this person?

i have been attracted to people who i wouldn't classify as beautiful, but there was an inner beauty that i identified with.

don't start anything with this guy unless you are attracted to him and can get over your hang ups about his appearance.

#9 extracrunchie

extracrunchie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:06 AM

you sound like a very shallow person to me...........so what if he doesnt look "hot/handsome" i mean if you really liked him......you wouldnt have to ask for our opinion

and so what if you're "above normal" looking wise........and hes "ugly"................you shouldnt really consider him if your thinking like that........in the long run it would hurt both of you unless your just in it for teh money

Edited by extracrunchie, 22 March 2006 - 04:08 AM.

#10 miz_appie

miz_appie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:29 AM

i mean how ugly is that guy?..ask yourself can you sleep next to him for the rest of your life and look at him when you come home every night..if you cant there is your answer..but hey is looks everything..is he that unbearable to look at...why dont you look at the good side..his personality can cover his looks..marry a guy who will treat you right..looks are deceiving..

#11 babyyyvi3t

babyyyvi3t

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:17 AM

lets put it this way...pretend yu're blind...and he just happens to be da nicest guy ever and he's helping yu out with all sorts of stuff cause he really likes yu...umm....and yu've never seen him b4(cause yu're blind..) wuld yu date him?

#12 iCanFly

iCanFly

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:24 AM

humm you say you're pretty.. post some pics and we'll be to judge!
and ppl say guys are shallow.. check this chic out.. saying this dude is ugly.. but rich!
freakin' gold digger! I HATE YOUs!
haha well with that off my chest...
I don't think you should date him.. of marry him.. if you dont like him as a whole then I think it's just wasting time.. i mean you say you dont' mind him being ugly.. but what you're really saying is Yes You do mind! and you don't want to sound shallow, but you are!, anyways.. i say you shouldn't.

#13 RAVE_Haru

RAVE_Haru

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:40 AM

Since u've stated that you're looking to settle down, this guys *uglyness* shouldnt be an issue. You've stated u kind of lik this guy, and this guy /really/ likes you, so who cares wht he looks lik? What are u afraid of? that people will look at him and say tht he's ugly? Gimme a break, lik seriously. He may not be the best looking face around but if he genuinely likes u for who u are thn why not giv the guy a chance. Looks dont last forever, in the end the success of your relationship with this person, or whoever u decide to be with will depend solely on your compatibility and whts on the inside.

Its one thing if his 'uglyness' isnt to your liking at all, but u've alrdy stated that this guy is starting to gain your liking, so try to look past all tht superficial crap and see what happens, this guy could quite possibly make u the happiest in the future, dont let looks deceive u.

#14 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:01 AM

I'm sure everyone will say is the "inner beauty" not outer :P

#15 loonah

loonah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:03 AM

Lol since your like foreshadowing the future, why not say that when we get older we ALL get old and saggy and wrinkly and crippled! I mean does looks really count then?? By then the eyesight would be blurring so it wouldnt really matter either way, but you bringing the subject up about his looks does prove your superficial. Sorry case closed

#16 aZnLoVa

aZnLoVa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:10 AM

If hes ugly, then don't go out with him. Look matters, and you know it!! If you are pretty like you said you are, you will get another guy in no time =D. Those who said they don't mind aobut the looks are just bullshiting. Think about the poeple that be talking behind you, saying how pretty you are with a ugly husband.

#17 sweetseraphim

sweetseraphim

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:16 AM

well i say if u have such a problem then dont date him...but it not like if u do U GONNA DEFINITELY GONAN MARRY THE GUY...relationship u know thing might happen. and jsut because he ugly doesnt mean u get ugly kids... sometimes.. beautiful kids come from ugly parent...it true..!! and an person image can change after times...I have a friend i use to think he not *pretty * too.. but after awhile of hanging out .. he become really hot!! (ok so not really hot.. lol) well unless ur guys is really super ugly.. then maybe not... . sowwie if I sound confuse.. jsut want to share my thought. ^.^

#18 Janet

Janet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:20 AM

i think that too.. :rooleyes:
but i guess you can at least give him a try unless he is wayyy i mean too uglyy.. =x
but look inside his heart its as sweet as candiieh [?] hehhehe ><"

these days its pretty hard to find a guy who is good looking at the same time nice and likes you.. well i rkn..
the good lookign guy spoils it with pimpin' smoking or popin drugs pfft....

#19 xtrang1985

xtrang1985

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:29 AM

Im in the same age and also think the same ways as ya too.. I won't be attracted in ugly guys.. definetely going out with him might cause people a hint that whether the guy must b rich so she follows him... But no way, im not poor and if im poor i won't be a gold digger... So gernerally i will find a person that is above the average, i dont think seeking for a person that is above average is so hard for us, just take it easy..
I know if i fall in love with someone, the outside of him will not matter much.. but i see ur situation is ur still confused.. so don't get urself thinking too much right now, just start over again and find other half that u think u will be with him without any regrets...

#20 loonah

loonah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:59 AM

Lol ok, im not denying us guys dont have standards which they hope the girl of there dreams falls into but we all know that never happens so we give and take!!! So ok i guess i wasnt to helpful in my last post, if he isnt up to your standards then dont "marry" him, which i doubt somehow as your already doubting him already.

But i do understand where your coming from. Who here would HONESTLY go out with someone quite "uglish" especially in this day and age where beauty is before brains

#21 angelzz

angelzz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:58 AM

wat i think is.. if u really like him u wouldn't be affect by wat other ppl say.. furthermore uis he really tat ugly till he'ss scre u off when wake up next morning c'ing him beside u?? if not i don't think it's a matter..
it's true tat u may hav "ugly" kids.. but look ard.. still there's many "beauty n the beast" having pretty n handsome kids right??
seems like u're still doubting about this relation.. r u after his wealth or amth else?? if tat's the case i think u better start a new round n find someone else..

#22 inhanced

inhanced

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:52 PM

what does looks have to do with you liking him or not?
hes ugly so what doesnt guarantee that if you find a good looking guy he'll be ideal for you

#23 NotePAD

NotePAD

NotePAD's Single Club President

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:16 PM

Regret is a bizach, in my opinion you should only date people who you will have no regrets in dating, meaning.. there is NOTHING that will stop you from having 2nd thoughts. Even if you can look past his *looks* today, tommorrow, maybe a year from now... What makes you think you can look past it in the future? There is no ensurance that you can.

I'm sorry to say, you're just 20.. I'm 21... and we are STILL pretty young, yea i wanna get married at age 23 too, but w/e who cares rite? now-a-days people get married as late is into mid 30s~ Averaging around 27-28

I know a friend... shes really pretty like atleast a 8.5 out of 10 point scale. She dated this ugly guy basically because she THINKS he will treat her well, and because hes pretty nice and liked her alot. So what? Each and EVERYDAY she thinks to herself... "god hes so ugly" but uno what? Shes not one of those that really into looks, but I CAN TELL that it bothers her~ it bothers her so much that... its what she tells us... "Hes so ugly, I'm not kidding"~

<<NotePADS theory on longterm relationship>>
Yea its all about common goals... and the bedroom fire... but hes ugly rite? so are you gonna be satisfied with him? 80% of all marriages fail because the lack of bedroom fire... think about that.

Also love shouldnt be or related to wealth.... or education... or stable job... yeesh from what I read all you have to say about this guy is really..

Hes ugly, and he likes me. I think i like him abit. PFT Srry thats just pathetic~

anyways I shutup now good day =D
*notepad84@hotmail.com

#24 pokedmond

pokedmond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

This guy, i kind of like him, and he really likes me. He's quite wealthy, and he's nice too. One drawback is that he's ugly. ............. i can't decide :crying:

DING DING DING!!!!

We have ourselves a gold digger here!

Hey, if you're worried about the kids, then go shag a good looking guy the night before your marriage then, then your guaranteed good looking children! :shocked:

....sheesh....

#25 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13472 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

wow...the only things you even know about the guy is that he likes you and he is ugly and he has money....that is pretty.....shallow from what i see...i know a ton of guys would be like "well waht is wrong with being shallow, im not dating a monkey face girl!" lol trust me i had a huge argument in another forum about that issue about shallowness....

but then i dont think that guy deserves you. you go find someone else if it bothers you so much cause it seems like its going to be an issue no matter what in the long run. find someone that suits you. you can't rush these things like marriage. i mean russhing it like that is like saying when your only 2 months pregnant that you want the baby out NOW...and then you expact the kid to develope in you super speed and pop out. no that isn't how life goes.

learn to know what you want. dont look at him for his wallet and the fact that he can support you in the future. you want to be stable and happy in the future? or stable and really unhappy waking up to a guy every morning and or kissing him when he is ugly to your eyes?

you need to get your priorities straight cause to me, i feel your still pretty immature and you need to mature a bit before you even THINK about taking such steps in teh future. your not ready.

and another thing just cause you dont feel your ugly and your decent looking, that doesn't mean you get the rights to say waht you just said. you have to be humble towards these things.

though i must say....the money seems to be the only thing you like about him...gold digger...

Edited by madhatter, 22 March 2006 - 07:27 PM.

#26 Megan2283

Megan2283

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

It most likely all the time the male would be the "DOMINANT" one. The female is usually the "RECESSIVE". If your husband genes is dominant then your children will probably will look like the father.

#27 tweetiesam

tweetiesam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:51 PM

If his looks are what's bothering you, that's pretty shallow. You're looking for a guy who's husband material, not the next Mr. Universe model.

As for the whole "won't marry ugly guys/girls who are ugly because their kids will have a greater chance of being ugly/uglier than if they marry a better looking guy/girl", that's just a whole lot of BS. I've seen a lot of good looking people out there with not so good looking parents. It's all in the genes. Did you ever study natural selection in biology? :P

I think you need to get past his looks and divulge deeper into his personality and traits. That's the most important part of a person, not their looks.

hahaahha... you are so right. I am right there with u!

#28 pwas

pwas

Rainie Yang =D

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

If you kind of like him then why not give him a try because you never know looks really dont go a long way, what if you marry a really nice looking guy; later when you both become old and wrinkle none of you two will care about looks.

#29 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

U talk about husband material like you are looking somebody for an outstanding job application. U talk about he's ugly and u are average beauty, u outline that he is wealthy. I do think a girl is better off marrying somebody that loves her more than she loves him. But if u think about the fact that u have to stay with him for the rest of your life... I don't know, you don't even mention that you really like him. U just put pressure on yourself like i wanna marry before i am 23 and i am graduating, i want a good job and everything has to be perfect. But life is not perfect, and it will not be perfect if u have to spend it with somebody you don't love.

#30 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

Seems to me, you don't really like this person. Because if you did, you wouldn't mind his looks at all.

#31 kimchipuff

kimchipuff

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

i don't think you should judge your future husband on his severe ugly-ality. ignore most of the people saying your shallow and all, but you are asking for suggestions on this issue. If this person is treating you the way you love to be treated, then you should feel greatful, its not like god forced him to be ugly to you so you don't have to be with him. ugly people don't want to be ugly, and i bet if he could he'd be a sexiest guy he could for you.

#32 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:38 PM

Sounds like you are only considering dating him is because he's wealthy. I don't think the most important point of finding a husband his attractiveness. I think the most important thing is how you get along with this guy. For example do you guys have great converstaions, do you have many common interest? If all you have is looks and nothing else in common your life will be pretty boring no matter how good looking your husband is or how good looking your kids are. When we are all old we all get ugly.

#33 porkbun

porkbun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

i'm getting older now (20 years old, almost 21), and my parents are one of those parents who wants me to get married early, and i'm one of those people who wantes to get married early too, like around 23 years old, which after i graduate from university with a stable job. So i am starting to look for a guy who is husband material. This guy, i kind of like him, and he really likes me. He's quite wealthy, and he's nice too. One drawback is that he's ugly. It's not that i mind he's ugly, i really don't, but I've heard so many people say that they won't marry ugly guys/girls who are ugly because their kids will have a greater chance of being ugly/uglier than if they marry a better looking guy/girl. Now, i know that if a person is ugly themselves, they should not be so picky and look for a good looking partner. However, i don't find myself ugly. I'm not beautiful, but i can say that i'm above average, and with make-up, i look pretty good. I think that i should also marry a guy who is also above average, not a guy who is below average looking. I don't mind an ugly husband, but i just don't want ugly kids (i'm sure no one does). I don't know, should i consider him anyways? i can't decide :crying:

if you like him and he's good to you, give it a try. also, remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

regarding looks, why don't you think of it this way. there are a lot of good looking parents who ended up having not too good looking kids too... so, who knows.

#34 loveyaforever71489

loveyaforever71489

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

well u r choosing a husband not mr perfect u cant exept that everything is going to be great and just wonderful there is always going to have something that is not going to be good about another guy if u do like him for who he is (personality) give him a chance and see what happens maybe he is the one maybe not

#35 mizz_diva

mizz_diva

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:23 AM

People says that but it might not be true but i think that you shouldn't care if he ugly or not 'cause if you have feelings for him than you do give him a chance though it might work out, you'll never know and if you do get married, your kids might not me ugly they might look like you well i don't think it really matters though

#36 pap3rkut47

pap3rkut47

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:55 AM

if u like him, you should try dating him since u dont mind dating an ugly guy. I have heard that two ugly couple can make a beautiful kid and two good looking couple usually have ugly kids...

#37 movieman

movieman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:58 AM

Maybe when you grow up and not worry about the outside and worry about the inside.

#38 Andromeda18_

Andromeda18_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:00 AM

I don't mean to offend you or anything but have you considered marrying someone out of love and not out of interest? 'Cause the very act of looking for a guy to marry sounds cold-hearted as hell. Not to mention chosing someone because he's rich or because he's handsome and therefore your kids will be handsome too. Why don't you marry someone you love regardless of money, attractiveness and social status, even if it means marrying at 35?

#39 ctyhunterz

ctyhunterz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:07 AM

so wot ur friends are sayn that if the bloke is ugly then they wont date them eva fot that blokes mite find u girls ugly???

Also if ur after looks then u never gonna be happy

Ppl get older by the day their faces change due to agein so come 20 years on r u gonna trade in ur partner cause he's lookin rough???? sorry but if u date a guy for looks then UR FKD up big time

#40 silvos3189

silvos3189

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:02 AM

you shouldnt be so selfish and conceited. I mean, he has all the factors to be a good husband to you, but you're being unsure becuase he's not above average like you. Did you ever think of how he'll feel if he was you and you were him? Does he like you only becuase of you're looks? I doubt that since you said ur not that pretty, so if he doesnt judge you by looks, you shouldnt judge him by looks. Everyone has their pros and cons. Where someone lacks in one thing, they make up for in another. There's no such thing as a perfect guy, so if you want a good husband material guy, then go for that guy while you still have the chance. Also, you dont want ugly kids? Why would you say that about your own kids. And who knows how your kids will turn out. They might grow up to be the most beautiful kids in the world. There are lots of families where the parents are ugly while the children are gorgeous. Dont miss out on a good chance of a good future just becuase your worried about how your children might look in the future. What matters now is the present, and unless you can develop future sight, i suggest you decide on what you love now rather than what you'll love in the future.