AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

This guy likes me, and i would date him, but he's *ugly*

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
185 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_spanisht3chno_*

Guest_spanisht3chno_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:11 AM

Looks don't last forever... he sounds like a good person and if you're looking for husband material, shouldn't you go beyond looks? As for ugly children, no one can guarantee how your children will look in the future. Good looking parents doesn't mean that their children will be guaranteed to look good too... no offense but it sounds to me youre more concerned about being seen around an ugly person rather than being worried about having ugly children. :wacko:

#42 di an

di an

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:30 AM

i really have to give you props for being straight up, and honest that you are shallow and somewhat egotisitic. most people would only hint at it and deny when confronted.

anyway, im still letting the idea of someone being ugly and not dating him sink in. well, from personal experiences (and although corny), i have always felt that even though a guy doesn't look all that great, after i know them better, their appearance just gradually "gets better."

i understand where you're coming from though. but in fact, just because he looks bad, his daughter might turn out quite ok. ive known some people like that. oh yeah, since you're asian, the "law" of son looking like mother, daughter looking like father might just apply. so you have your son on a good direction already. and you might just have sons and not daughters, so thats another positive side of it.

and i really think that you should go for this guy. i have always been taught that "handsome guys are not 'yours' they belong to other people." and its a good thought to think about. besides, just because you want to settle down, doesn't mean that he does. you two may not even make it that far. marriage is not something one should be rushing into. its great that you're thinking far, but if you let this guy go, you might never find one that could compare (looks and inners). and you'll be kicking yourself later on. anyway, in the end, inner beauty is what matters most because when the outer withers, that is all you have left.

#43 dekk

dekk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:30 AM

if you really do like him - looks should not matter, even if you are worried about your kids being ugly.
Genes are so random - i've seen alot of ugly parents with really good looking kids and visa versa.
just go with ur heart

#44 wengjoe

wengjoe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

i believe inner beauty is more important then outside look
you should give it a try....if can't then you can awlays find another guy

#45 altermise

altermise

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:21 AM

i believe the heart counts so much more than the looks as the looks will fade away with time.

#46 Baby face

Baby face

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:24 PM

when u love a person you do not care what he/she looks like. all it matters is how he/she treat you

#47 raindrops2054

raindrops2054

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

I think you should want to marry out of love not looks, trying the perfect partner with a good background, money and good looks is a wrong way to start. Looks don't last, love does. (well if you believe in true love) If you can't see past his looks then, don't try.. if you're doubting your feelings, it should be a clue that this guy, with the good background isn't your guy.

#48 Twelvechars

Twelvechars

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:05 PM

if you think of your future.. so your children as well it's a good idea to think twice about it.. but even ugly people can become good looking... if you work on it together he could become a hot guy.. who knows... it's good it's only the outside... if the inside of the guy is good.. it's actually good enough i'd say hehe. anyways good luck!

#49 simplyme11

simplyme11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:54 PM

i was in the same situation as you less than a yr ago. i'm almost 20 and im still with this boy now. you will get used to it and sometimes you might mind how others think. but after all, everyone gets ugly at some point in their lives. i, myself, am not that bad either. it's all about the feelings. =)

#50 classic240

classic240

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:38 AM

ugly parents dont make ugly kids. my closest friend is prettyy hott, even tho she has an ugly dad and below average mom

#51 ChineseEyezGuh

ChineseEyezGuh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:18 AM

is he really that ugly for you to not be with him? you shouldn't worry too much about looks. as long as you think he's the right person =D

#52 disobey

disobey

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:55 AM

you already said you would date him, so why not?
I am not sure what you mean by ugly but if dont mind dating him, there must be some sort of attractions towards him.

Personally i think no one is ugly, its just a matter of preference.
If you like that person than go for it and disregard what the public says. :)

Edited by disobey, 24 March 2006 - 02:58 AM.

#53 kryptoniite

kryptoniite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:58 AM

really is that true???? ugly parents will hav ugly children???? thats only a possiblility. Its all about DNA and genes. For example, 2 short parents that have a child will not a hav short child, and example is Shaq's parents. (the NBA Shaq) His parents are short but look at that monster.. Theres always that 50/50 chance.

#54 Guest_feelohp_*

Guest_feelohp_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:33 AM

I understand your point of view. It is our primal instinct to bypass rational thinking and be attracted to the better looking people in society purely because our desire to breed children with good genes. You are just trying to maximise the success of your future I think...

However, like what most people said above... Looks don't last forever. Is this guy a decent person? Will he be a good husband/father ? HIs background is solid enough... I'll say.. give him and yourself a chance. Maybe one day you will be able to see through his face and look into his heart. I wish you the best of luck

#55 viviluv3

viviluv3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:12 AM

yes u should consider him, if u let this chance go, u might not be able to find someone who'll treat u as better as he does..like u said, u do like him, so why not give it a try...and one more thing...kids are NEVER ugly from their parents point of view..trust me..!!

#56 NyC_Styl3z

NyC_Styl3z

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:19 AM

I suggest u to look elsewhere...u prolly dont deserve him...let some other girl take him...and ur chance to die out >:)

#57 Willaimchan87

Willaimchan87

Lai Cha Jai

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:08 AM

to what i know if u like the person it doesnt matter. there arnt really any ugly people it is how you look at it.

#58 jackkool

jackkool

Novy's brown eyed B.F

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2456 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:28 AM

i'm getting older now (20 years old, almost 21), and my parents are one of those parents who wants me to get married early, and i'm one of those people who wantes to get married early too, like around 23 years old, which after i graduate from university with a stable job. So i am starting to look for a guy who is husband material. This guy, i kind of like him, and he really likes me. He's quite wealthy, and he's nice too. One drawback is that he's ugly. It's not that i mind he's ugly, i really don't, but I've heard so many people say that they won't marry ugly guys/girls who are ugly because their kids will have a greater chance of being ugly/uglier than if they marry a better looking guy/girl. Now, i know that if a person is ugly themselves, they should not be so picky and look for a good looking partner. However, i don't find myself ugly. I'm not beautiful, but i can say that i'm above average, and with make-up, i look pretty good. I think that i should also marry a guy who is also above average, not a guy who is below average looking. I don't mind an ugly husband, but i just don't want ugly kids (i'm sure no one does). I don't know, should i consider him anyways? i can't decide :crying:

You do mind otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about it. He's wealthy so what? Its not your money
and its got nothing to do with his personalty. Real love looks past physical appearance. No you shouldnt consider him because you'll just end up breaking his heart.

Edited by jackkool, 25 March 2006 - 10:29 AM.

#59 Jupa

Jupa

Premium Pork

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:01 PM

If he was the guy for you, there shouldn't be such hesitations. And you're no shallower than the average person. No one should force themselves to be with someone they're not physically attracted to. I certainly wouldn't and I reckon most, if not all the members in this thread wouldn't either. This guy deserves someone who loves him as he is, and you do too. You're still young, and desirable. You should find your perfect guy in no time.

#60 matchboxs2k

matchboxs2k

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

I think you should find someone that you really like. If you dont like him, do not be with him. All you will do is make both people suffer.

#61 kaizter

kaizter

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:50 PM

dont think about the future, think more on the presens. Follow your feelings, do you feel comfortable with this guy? Are you happy with him?
If you still disatisfied, dumb that guy and find another one which qualified for your requests. nothing hard about that. <_<

#62 Kurono

Kurono

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 06:55 PM

You are in a pretty tough situation but that whole ugly kids thing is a bunch of BS if you ask me. You can either wait and seek our better opportunities or go with what you have.

#63 bestcreation

bestcreation

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

if you still thinks he's ugly after being 2 years together, maybe you can reconsider. but kid's do not become ugly bcoz of an ugly parents. genetics do not work that way.

#64 markto

markto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:10 AM

the ugly parents sh*t is totally BS.. it is all about he genes... well if u like him.... go out with him... dont leave him hanging... and if u dont just tell him tat ur not interested...

#65 x melon nii

x melon nii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:19 PM

if u like him, then you should look past the look cuz that shouldnt really bug you if you like their personality and such. but if you cant do that then you can look around but i mean you wouldnt wanna get marry so early before meeting other people...maybe you shouldnt set a age limit to ur self cuz these things are hard to say...you know wht i mean?

#66 qing85

qing85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:51 PM

If it bother u so much,i suggest u get someone u really like,Why wanna marry a guy who u don't love at all??
Why get married just for the sake of marriage??Or just becoz ur parent/urself want to get marry early?

If u think de guy is ur cup of tea.It is advisable u date this guy & see how he fare.Atleast u can know how is he really like(personality)

And if u think he is ugly,i think the hope is kinda less,beauty is in de eye of the beholder,not to mention u say him ugly**(Just imagine if u marry this guy and have to spend the rest of ur life with this guy.Not to mention having sex & born kids)

hey girl,open up ur contacts!!get to know more ppl.He isn't the only tree in de forest.Y make urself miserable by choosing a tree tat u don't like??So what if the tree like u.

#67 x3ternaltearsx

x3ternaltearsx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:48 PM

juz because ur husbands oogly doesnt mean ur kids will be oogly and going for the looks is kinda of not right i mean if hes nice nd treats u really well then i say go for it cuz personaility is what really counts i mena u wouldnt want to go out wif a handsome husband tat would beat u wold u ? :wacko:

#68 Lundie

Lundie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:00 AM

how about you posting your picture and his and let us people see if you and him match.....

#69 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:04 AM

Isn't it more important to think about if you're going to be happy with this man for the rest of your life ?

I would marry someone because he/she is the person I want to spend time with, and they feel the same about me. You're thinking way too far ahead of yourself here.

#70 Ditz

Ditz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:19 AM

I thkn you should date him first and then see if you love him. But seeing that you care about him being ugly then you probally don't love him and if you don't love him, don't marry him. Marrige without love never works out.

#71 VanHK

VanHK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:26 AM

21 is still relatively young, I think you'll find as you mature, superficial looks will matter less and less (hopefully). And is he like the hunchback of Notre Dame or something? If he's about your age, just barely out of his teens, then perhaps a hair-cut, some skin-care products, exercise, etc. can do wonders for him, you know like the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy treatment (sounds like he can afford it). And if you're worried about your future kids, I think you're thinking to far ahead, you guys haven't even dated and you're already talking about children? (one good way to scare off a guy). Post of a picture of the guy, we're all curious just how 'ugly' he is.

Edited by VanHK, 27 March 2006 - 04:27 AM.

#72 shyy

shyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:53 PM

If you find him ugly now. nothing is gonna change. You might even bottle it up and let it out which could really hurt him. Its better to end it off fast. That's the dumbest thing I heard, if the person is ugly, the kid will be ugly too. Truth is you won't know how your kid looks. put your shallowness aside and think can you truly be with him, what if you don't have kids? (Choy)

#73 Asianl0ver

Asianl0ver

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:59 PM

I suggest you find someone else.

Nothing wrong with finding the right person who fits all the criteria.

#74 ♥ ying

♥ ying

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, I suggest finding someone lese too. You don't like him, so don't be with him! You're above average, I'm sure you can find someone that you like with your conditions. =) Good Luck!

#75 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:22 PM

Nah, follow ur heart. THeres no use if he's hot and u dont love him, but ugliness sure is a minus point, no offence. SOmetimes, ugliness is the way u act and not born.

#76 dt8383

dt8383

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

You should follow your heart. You shouldn't care what he looks like, just as long as you like him and he likes you and you see a future with him. As for your kids, same thing. Your kids is the symbol of your love with him and you should love them no matter what they look like.

Basically would you rather have a wonderful relationship with someone that is not so attractive or would you rather be with someone who is extremely attractive, but then you have to worry about him and be insecure because there will be a lot of girls chasing after him. You will find the person attractive the more you like them and love them. In the end, it should really be based on you and him and not everyone else.

#77 Sevs107

Sevs107

Pigkin's Owner

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:50 PM

Looks seriously matter doesn't it to you?
But I guess it all depends on how seriously the person looks.
I don't know, good luck to you.

#78 leogawgawjun

leogawgawjun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:28 AM

i know it is the luck of the draw, which is why in my first post, i said there's a greater chance of getting ugly/uglier children with an ugly husband than with a better looking husband. I know that even if he's ugly, my kids might turn out good looking, but it's just that there's a greater chance that they will be uglier.
i think i'm above average looking. I'm not very pretty, but i look decent.

you have a pic of yourdelf to show us..and let us dicide =] lols

#79 aznaqua333

aznaqua333

Drama Addict ^.^

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:42 AM

If his looks are what's bothering you, that's pretty shallow. You're looking for a guy who's husband material, not the next Mr. Universe model.

As for the whole "won't marry ugly guys/girls who are ugly because their kids will have a greater chance of being ugly/uglier than if they marry a better looking guy/girl", that's just a whole lot of BS. I've seen a lot of good looking people out there with not so good looking parents. It's all in the genes. Did you ever study natural selection in biology? :P

I think you need to get past his looks and divulge deeper into his personality and traits. That's the most important part of a person, not their looks.

I totally agree with what you saying, it's pretty shallow to take look so seriously and you are loking for husband material not Mr. Hong Kong. As long as you can look at him without wanting to throw up then it's fine. Okie looking is what last. If the guy is too good looking I'm sure he's bond to have affairs. And the whole marry ugly guy/girl and bore ugly kids are wrong, it got noting to do with that it's all in the DNA gene and it's a conbine of both. I have friends whose parents aren't good looking but my friends are all good looking.

#80 NotePAD

NotePAD

NotePAD's Single Club President

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:47 AM

I totally agree with what you saying, it's pretty shallow to take look so seriously and you are loking for husband material not Mr. Hong Kong. As long as you can look at him without wanting to throw up then it's fine. Okie looking is what last. If the guy is too good looking I'm sure he's bond to have affairs. And the whole marry ugly guy/girl and bore ugly kids are wrong, it got noting to do with that it's all in the DNA gene and it's a conbine of both. I have friends whose parents aren't good looking but my friends are all good looking.

ARGH, thats not true just because a person looks like mr hong kong dont nessesarily mean he will cheat, aside from that i dont think its shallow, shallow is not even considering dating him, shallow would be like f**k off with out giving a thought. This girl IS ATLEAST giving a thought... and yea DNA has its weird turns dont expect to look like parents LOL remember 40% nature, 60% Nurture, Psychology for the win!