AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Vietnam] Truong Vu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Cherryblossz

Cherryblossz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:47 AM

Truong Vu

DOB: 2/3/1963
Birthplace: Vinh Chau, Bac Lieu, Vietnam
Family: born to a Chinese family with 6 siblings.
Boat people: Truong Vu escaped Vietnam on a boat in 1983. Landed in Pulao Bidong, Malaysia. Arrived in Los Angeles a year after.
Personal: Truong Vu is a pretty shy singer. He still have some stage fear despite the numerous appearances on Thuy Nga and other smaller performances. Truong Vu learned to sing vietnamese music from Karaoke. His favorite singers are Che Linh and Duy Khanh.

http://movies.viet.t...=article&sid=94

My mom loves him, and for me he is great singer... love nhac que huong that he sing.

#2 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 02:19 AM

he sings in chinese?
never heard him sing in chinese, does anyone know if he is and what song or does he have any album in chinese?

#3 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:20 AM

i can't stand of this guy but my aunts and uncles like him alot

#4 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:11 AM

I like hom too. A lot. Very funny to hear his voice. He speaks very bad Vietnamese.

#5 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:16 PM

Truong vu is cool!!1 he is not very goodlooking...but his voice makes it all up!!!

#6 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:19 PM

i just have to agree that Truong Vu is the the #1 singer compare to other singers nowaday.. if ur a fan of sad songs.. u can't miss Truong Vu .... but if ur not.. then i guess u could say it's boring.. but since im a faithful listener of nhac buo^`n .. i think Truong Vu is the best.. other singer like MQ or MD are okay too.. but not as good... anyway.. screw those other singers.. i go for TV ..

#7 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:14 PM

i think truong vu and nhu quynh looks very cute together. they seemed having so fun during practising singing in behind the scenes. for me truong vu and nhu quynh are my most fav duet couple. i heard people said that truong vu is not shy at all except on the stage- <_<

#8 hoaxanhtiem

hoaxanhtiem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:11 AM

i think he is a good singer. its weird how he can sing viet so good. but he can barely speak it. hmph. i heard his wife cut her bangs to where its like a heart. i heard it looked wierd. but i bet shes still pretty tho. i love truong vu in PBN 80. i love that song. still stuck in my head. lol.

#9 iluvfrancisng

iluvfrancisng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

waaa OMG hoaxanhtiem i love truong vu! yea he needs help on his viet. but he is sooooo good! and thnx for the banner i have it as my sig. rite now!

#10 dungie

dungie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:04 AM

Go: http://vietnamesedai...s.php?album=128
to see Trường Vũ & Anh Thư wedding pics, :hug

#11 inXplicable

inXplicable

2Love

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

again no offense to u but i juss dont like his style of music,i dont like cai luong, and i think hes ugly...

#12 strawberry_hit

strawberry_hit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

hahh...well troung vu doesn't sing cai luon. His style of music to me is call oldy music and i don't mind it. He's one of my fav.. and yes he's not the best looking singers ...but hey he can sing...and isn't that more important then looks. if people want looks then they might as well go and find a model....i got mine...hahah jk jk...hope didn't offend anyway..yeah different people think differently.

#13 hoaxanhtiem

hoaxanhtiem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:44 AM

yeah i just like the way he sings. and his hairstyles xD. well some of them xD. but wat ive noticed is that he has'nt sung on pbn in a bit. =(

#14 aquira-angelic

aquira-angelic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

Generally i like sad music, and Truong Vu fits in that catalogue, his voice is so sleepy, when i couldn't put myself to sleep i'll turn on his music, and guess what?? Within 30 minutes, ím off to dreamy land. His master though, are Duy Khanh, and boy oh boy isn't Duy Khanh a true master for vietnamese old Folk Music???

#15 t3a

t3a

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

omg i love truong vu!!! he's such a great singer. he has a nice voice and he doesn't seem stuck up and prissy at all. haha...i can't imagine him married tho, no offense, he just seems so "kho" and out of it at times, but he's a great singer. i guess a lot of the reasons y ppl mite not like him is cuz he doesn't sing the new style of music, and he sticks to the oldies and traditionals, but isn't that so unique? i mean...u can't find a lot of singers that will still want to sing the traditional stuff, all the younger artists want to sing the hiphop and the azn pop and stuff, and even tho their songs are in viet and a lot of the songs are good sometimes, it's just not as meaningful as the older songs.

#16 Ima Pwincess

Ima Pwincess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:34 PM

mmm well his voice is great but whenever he sings, i always feel like every song that he sings, they're all sad songs, its hard for me to be happy whenever i hear him sing.

#17 hoaxanhtiem

hoaxanhtiem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:38 PM

omg i love truong vu!!! he's such a great singer. he has a nice voice and he doesn't seem stuck up and prissy at all. haha...i can't imagine him married tho, no offense, he just seems so "kho" and out of it at times, but he's a great singer. i guess a lot of the reasons y ppl mite not like him is cuz he doesn't sing the new style of music, and he sticks to the oldies and traditionals, but isn't that so unique? i mean...u can't find a lot of singers that will still want to sing the traditional stuff, all the younger artists want to sing the hiphop and the azn pop and stuff, and even tho their songs are in viet and a lot of the songs are good sometimes, it's just not as meaningful as the older songs.

i agree with you 100%! lol... yeah he is kinda "kho" lol...but its kinda weird. i love his hairstyles...sumtimes, lol.

#18 hoaxanhtiem

hoaxanhtiem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:54 AM

OMG. i just read that Anh Thu, his current wife was his GF since like he begun his career. IN FACT! Anh Thu, was the one who helped him with his viet, and inspired and supported him to become a singer!! thats sooo sweet! hehe

#19 i_fotted

i_fotted

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:05 PM

I don't really like this style of songs neither. They are too sad for me, but I agree he is a great singer. My grandma loves him because he is (chinese Tiu Chau), lol. Old people.

#20 hoaxanhtiem

hoaxanhtiem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:21 AM

OMG i love him . though hes not good looking he has a nice voice, and i like hairstyles the long ones lol.
OMG!! he has a kid! aww. "CHUC MUNG!" dats so cute.
and his mother passed away just recently.......aww so sad.... :down

#21 walter jansen

walter jansen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:02 PM

I just returned from a 5 weeks holiday in Vietnam with my wife, travelling by ourselves on bicycles. I like to express my warm thanx to the Vietnamese people here: they were great, generous, inspiring, humorous, helpful and always interested in us, Western tourists from Ha Lan/Holland (my mother being from Chinese descent like Truong).
On our journeys we were often accompanied by your great singer Truong Vu, whose great voice sounded from your numerous cafes and restaurants. Ofcourse we didn't know the name who belonges to this soft, longing and romantic voice. In a cafe near the Dau Tieng Reservoir (some 150 kms northwest from Saigon) we had coffee, heard The Voice, asked the waitress from whom it was and received a cd (Nho Nguoi Yeu) from Truong Vu (and female singer Nhu Quynh).
Now I'm home and listening to the songs and really enjoying them. They bring me back to the great times we had on and along the roads of this breathtaking country. And I see the people we met with we, despite the language barrier, had such great times!
You can be proud of such a musician. It could well be that most younger Vietnamese prefer more 'modern' music with house or rap rhythms, but realize that Truong Vu's music is unique!
Thanx for meeting your people and the voice of this great artist, we will definitely will be back in Vietnam!
Walter.
ps On the internet I could only find the not very updated website http://membres.lycos.fr/truongvuthebest/ about Truong Vu. Does anybody know of another website about the man?

#22 clooney_girl06

clooney_girl06

R.I.P Michael Jackson

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1571 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:01 AM

i always thought he had a good voice but his face is really sad so when he sings sad songs it helps alot. My family loves and him and other older generations but i only like a few of his songs

#23 Tony Lam

Tony Lam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

OMG i love him . though hes not good looking he has a nice voice, and i like hairstyles the long ones lol.
OMG!! he has a kid! aww. "CHUC MUNG!" dats so cute.
and his mother passed away just recently.......aww so sad.... :down

How did you know that his mother passed away?