AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Which actors or actresses speak good Cantonese,Mandarin and English?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 laser

laser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:16 AM

I think actors with good Cantonese,Mandarin and English would be Nicholas Tse,Michelle Ye and Melissa Ng .can't think of other .Can you name more stars who are good at the three languages.

Name why you know they are good with three languages? Did you see them on television speaking all three languages, or the radio? Also name the three language(s) if you can. Elaborate.

Edited by jadedreams27, 08 June 2006 - 10:01 PM.

#2 0MG_Stephhh

0MG_Stephhh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1416 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

I agree with Nicholas Tse . and possibly Edison Chen because he speaks all of those languages, he just sorta needs to improve [although he did]

#3 Smirfy

Smirfy

♥CCL71♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4052 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:44 AM

Nnadia Chan can speak pretty good for all three of these languages. I've seen her singapore series and she spoke very well in mandarin. She has also spoke some English in her series too, and they were good as well.

#4 nssoso

nssoso

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

Michelle Ye, Kristy Yang, Raymond Lam can speak these 3 languages fluently

#5 Nivarna

Nivarna

<3 being Quirky and Werid.

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:44 PM

Jessica Hsuan? I unsure but i think she can speak most of the three languages mentioned. Oh, and Roger Kwok is not bad either :)

#6 toomanysidesofme

toomanysidesofme

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:37 AM

Jessica Hsuan could be added to that list. Cantonese is a given. She studied in England when she was 13 till her graduation from Imperial College. Her english is really good, with a British accent of course. Her Grammer is perfect, I never seen a mistake on any of the messages she writes but there is a hint of Britsh slang? Not sure where she learned her Mandarin from but she can go though an entire interview without converting to Cantonese and without hesistation. I don't speak Mardarin so I cannot judge how well she speaks it.

Michelle Ye speaks Mardarin better than Cantonese (as I heard) and her english is really good as she moved to NY when she was around 8? Born somewhere in China if I'm not mistaken.

#7 Miffy

Miffy

LoveNN

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:59 AM

Nnadia Chan~~she's definitely good in canto since she grew up speaking in it....she's also VERY fluent in mando ---had filmed several mando series, released a few mando albums and had numorous mando interviews...that shows how good her mando is...as for her English, its also good...she had a american boyfriend from New York for 10 years, hosted a whole show in English when Hk was returned back to China and in her series, there would be times she spoke in english....eventho Nnadia has an accent given that its not her 1st language but she can carry on long conversations w/o a problem and it can be understood clearly ^_^

Edited by Miffy, 13 May 2006 - 03:00 AM.

#8 felixwhoals

felixwhoals

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

Michelle Ye and Melissa Ng definitely speak good can, man and eng.
As for Jessica, not sure about her mandarin, somehow it's more towards HK Mandarin. It is not a perfect one..

#9 luvable

luvable

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:49 PM

There's heaps that can speak Canto, Mando and English.
Jessica, Raymond, Edison, Daniel Wu

#10 Magneto

Magneto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:47 PM

Raymond Lam, Nnadia Chan are certainly fluent.
Edison Chen...well, he can't even speak Cantonese well.

#11 evilging79

evilging79

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:22 PM

It's hard to find actors/actresses that are fluent in all three languages.

I know Nnadia Chan and Melissa Ng can speak really good Cantonese, Mandarin and English.

Michele Ye, I've never heard her speak mandarin so i dont' know but she should be fluent in cantonese and english since she graduate from college in New york(?)

Raymond is fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin but never heard him speak English so don't know either.

#12 阿Mei

阿Mei

Music Lover

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:34 PM

There's heaps that can speak Canto, Mando and English.
Jessica, Raymond, Edison, Daniel Wu

But Daniel Wu's Cantonese and Mandarin are really bad. He speaks with an accent. Maybe he has improved from when he started, but it's not really good.

I don't know about the actors/actresses/singers. I can't make a judgement on them if I haven't heard them speak in all 3 languages.

#13 colorful_world

colorful_world

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:49 AM

NICHOLAS TSE :iloveyou:
Ok, ok, it's because I like him, but still, he can sing in all three languages very fluently!
Of course, his Canto is WAY better than Mando or English, but his English is considered VERY good :wasntme

#14 hrm

hrm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:38 PM

Myolie Wu, I read somewhere that she talked in near-perfect Madarin, and of course she went to the UK for 6 years, she should be good with English

#15 D72

D72

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

i saw an old clip of michelle with raymond recently. she speaks really good mandarin, just about perfect. let me know if you're interested in the link.

Edited by D72, 31 May 2006 - 08:24 PM.

#16 laser

laser

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

i saw an old clip of michelle with raymond recently. she speaks really good mandarin, just about perfect. let me know if you're interested in the link.

Could you give me the link? Thanks

#17 Lozetvb

Lozetvb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:22 AM

Melissa Ng and Derick Lee can speak all 3 languages well. I saw Melissa spoke in series and Derick when he was hosting or interviewing artists.

#18 ♥eddiepengyuyan

♥eddiepengyuyan

wuzun-HAWT!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:16 AM

HURH. nicholas tse can speak english well?! o.0|| definitely, michelle, ramond lam! and myolie, cos she studied in ireland for a couple of years and i've heard her english, it's not bad, melissa of course.

the pro-est is michelle and raymond i guess cos both of them are from china, and ray studied in a chinese school for like primary and high school? and i've herad michelle speak english, chinese and canto all at one shot, her languages are like perfect. u'll witness it in truimph in the skies if u watched that series.

#19 J*MV

J*MV

Sexually Confused

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:13 AM

theres quite alot
Jacky Cheung is really good with canto/mando and his english is pretty good!

#20 glimmer26

glimmer26

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:43 AM

Julian Cheung grew up in Australia I believe so he is very good in English. Of course he's good in Cantonese as seen from his TVB serials. As for Mandarin, he's pretty fluent also. I'm sure he's also improve in Mando from filming so much in China.

Michelle Ye is pretty fluent in all three. Her English and Cantonese are pretty well from her serials. You can hear her speak English very well in Triumph in the Skies. and as I've heard, she's better in Mandarin than Cantonese

#21 fearless123

fearless123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

Michelle Ye, definately. Then I would say Nic Tse, he studied abroad (Canada, right?) and his Mandarin is as good as his Cantonese. Umm.. who else? Melissa. I dont really thing there's that many that are FLUENT in ALL three. Edison is good in English and Cantonese and Mandarin hes okay - but not 100% fluent, and he can't read or write Chinese either (just wanted to add that, even though its not that important)

#22 xxxtvbfanxxx

xxxtvbfanxxx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

takeshi kaneshiro< can speak alot of languages...and super cute =) drools.
Jessica Hsuan, Raymond lam < Saw a clip he can speak mando pretty good. Roger Kwok, and Kelly Chen is pretty good.

As for Daniel Wu, he doesn't count until he can actually speak, he hurts my ears each time he speaks canto.

#23 bell

bell

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:17 AM

if you ask me i don't think any star can speak cantonese, mandarin and english well. they either speak one language better than the other or can't speak the other language at all.

#24 SwTbaByGuRL5i0

SwTbaByGuRL5i0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 03:20 AM

i agree...i don't think any celebrity speak the three languages fluently because they have funny accents in one or the other...It's kinda hard learning all three languages...

#25 annie083

annie083

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4392 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:07 PM

flora chan can speak cant, mand and english! would say english is her best language as she was brought up in USA. cantonese is excellent now and mandarin she always improving. she has done a few series in china which were mandarin spoken i think. definately heard her in interviews speaking quite fluent mandarin.

#26 eddmund

eddmund

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:44 PM

i think it would definitely be jessica hsuan, mellisa ng, derik lee and michelle ye. raymond, kelly and roger are quite fluent in both mandrin n cantonese but their english is not tat great. raymond and kelly still has the chinese accent and roger english is not close to good. havent heard nnadia speak engligh b4 so cant really judge. i think most of them can speak all 3 language but they'll have at least a certain accent in one of them... either hk aacent in mandrin or chinese accent in eng.

#27 CuteAznBunni

CuteAznBunni

Xiah JunSu <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5657 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:46 PM

Nic tse is pretty good...and sry ppl, i'm in LOVE with edison, but his canto is HORRIBLE. his mando is good, and his english is ok, i guess...he tries 2 sound gangsta a lot though...and it bugs me a little, but that's how he talks.

#28 Susy

Susy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:32 PM

I can tell you guys that Raymond can speak good english. When he came to toronto a few days ago, i heard him speak english and it was pretty good. Oh yeah, Sammul Chan is fluent in all 3 too.

#29 tse_yu

tse_yu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:51 PM

so far i can only think of nicholas tse...his english, mandarin, and cantonese are perfect...and hes an excellent actor!! love nicholas!

#30 miss scarlett

miss scarlett

chinked-out

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

Edison's Mandarin is not that fluent at all. There's a huge American accent, but he improved a lot from the last time I heard him speak it.

All I can think of is Michelle Ye and Nicholas Tse. I've heard them speak all three languages, and they are fluent in all three.

Is Nnadia Chan fluent in three languages? I've never seen her Mandarin series before.

Not just HK, but Taiwan as well. Coco Lee is fluent in all three languages. At first I thought she was Taiwanese, but once I heard her sing in Cantonese, I was surprised. It turned out that Coco Lee is actually Cantonese, not Taiwanese. o______O Leehom Wang is fluent in all three as well, although he can only speak Cantonese conversationally. (He understands it fluently and has no accent when he tries to speak it... at least now he doesn't, lol)

#31 Mint

Mint

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

hey. Flora can speak canto,mandarin,english well too .
flora had act in a English series in Singapore b4 =DD

as for Nnadia Chan,i rmb her acting in a chinese series in Sg.She can speak in chinese.=D

Edited by Mint, 01 July 2006 - 02:53 PM.

#32 Westerly

Westerly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:19 AM

For someone who hasn't gone to school abroad, Tony Leung Chiu-Wai speaks really great English.

And Kenneth Chan Kai Tai speaks fluent English and good Mandarin.

#33 花媽

花媽

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:24 AM

louisa so speaks good english, mandarin and canto =]

#34 speed

speed

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:10 AM

ya! for sure Louisa So.. good thinking! :) SHe's good at all 3.

#35 TvbRULZ

TvbRULZ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:02 AM

Jessica is amazing in English and Cantonese, not sure about Mandarin though, but she did film some series in mainland so I guess she can speak it as well.

#36 Eight_8

Eight_8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:33 PM

LOl i think GiGi many actress noe how to speak english and canto but not many can speak well in canto, english and mandarin!

#37 cyclop

cyclop

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:09 PM

Edison Chen has that capability

#38 Jaded Heart

Jaded Heart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:04 AM

Michelle Ye - her english is perfect, as well as her cantonese. I dont really undertsand mandrian so I;m not sure.

Nic Tse - I saw him doin an english interview and his english was perfect!

#39 robocup

robocup

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:41 AM

I know that Ekin Cheng doesn't meet that criteria. His mando is terrible

#40 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:38 PM

nicholas tse and takeshi kaneshiro...

they're the only two i can think of that meet that critiera...

hmm...hey..maybe flora chan as well..