AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Asians have big calves

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 taintedlove

taintedlove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:34 AM

I have been hearing alot of information that Asians tend to have large calves. I kinda do believe it considering my calves are humogous. They seem extremely out of proportion with the rest of my body ( my thighs are about the same size as my calves). I heard the term "raddish legs" to describe large calves.

Another thing, does this only apply to girls? I have been noticing most of my asian guy friends have extremely small calves compared to girls. My friends and me get jealous of them....

I also heard that koreans have been getting a certain kind of surgery that cuts the calves. Most of the calves are made of muscle and lipo cannot be used to make them smaller. I think large calves are inhertied, my calves have been this huge as far back as I can remember. If not, are their anyway to make them smaller? Running is obviously not an option; I run track and my calves have not been getting smaller. :thumbdown

#2 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:43 AM

Cankles...
I don't think it's popular among any particular race. I've known about two asian girls with them. No offense, but not very attractive to me. =T

#3 jaybud1980

jaybud1980

AF Bodybuilder :)

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:59 AM

The size of your calves are pretty much reliant on your genetics, there's really nothing that can be done to make them smaller... but I do know of a few asian girls who have larger calves... personally I love girls with bigger calves, I find it cute and attractive. :wub:

Edited by jaybud1980, 03 June 2006 - 04:02 AM.

#4 Ranger

Ranger

Zoom Zoom

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3240 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:51 AM

could wearing high-heels contribute to it, because if you exert pressure on the part near your toes, you'll be constantly stretching your calves.
not really sure though

#5 Andromeda18_

Andromeda18_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:02 AM

could wearing high-heels contribute to it, because if you exert pressure on the part near your toes, you'll be constantly stretching your calves.
not really sure though

Wearing high-heels definitely works your calves. However, I've been wearing high-heels regularly since I was 13 and I had jazz dance classes for years, but my calves aren't exactly huge (about 12'' around). In fact, although I think they're a little big most people tell me they're quite small considering my height and leg length. What this shows is that the natural size of calves is clearly dependant on what our genes dictate, and that is really hard to fight.

#6 tammiest

tammiest

我要的世界

• Forum Crew
  • 3745 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:18 AM

I guess it all depends. I have noticed that Asians are more likely to have larger calves (the largest calves-- muscle, not fat-- I've ever seen were on some 5'4" Asian guys, for example), and I myself have fairly large calves (although not cankles, thank God). On the other hand, though, at least on the people I've seen, it's definitely not fat. I attribute my larger calves to my parents as well as my stint on the swim team. I started late, and I'm extremely short, leading to larger muscles. I know it sounds weird, but seriously, all the short girls/guys on the team had large calves. :wacko:

I've recently been successful in "downsizing" my calves a little, although not through running. I'd like to make them a little bit smaller, but it's extremely difficult. However, I don't like it when girls (or guys, for that matter) have really thin calves... then they look like sticks, :argh Especially guys... I don't think any girl likes it when her boyfriend's legs are thinner than hers...

#7 qwertyzz

qwertyzz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:17 AM

hehe..'turnip legs'...yeh ive noticed asians tend to have bigger calves too.

#8 bb_blueboy3

bb_blueboy3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:37 AM

Short girls usually have bigger calves. Taller girls have slimmer calves. Thats what I notice. Maybe too much exercising or walking? They are kinda gross, but I don't think there is much you can do about it cuz thats what you are born with.

#9 ardens

ardens

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

I'm Asian, and I am the complete opposite. My calves are tiny compared to the rest of my body and so I don't like wearing shorts. Weight training helps my calves a little bit, but at the same time the rest of my body grows much faster. Nothing I can do about it, only time can tell I guess.

Edited by ardens, 03 June 2006 - 03:08 PM.

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:59 PM

i think mine are big too ...prob cuz i walk a lot?

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13471 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

man....andro...your claves are SMALL! augh....12" all around? i wish i had that! im not too lucky though lol....cause of running and training, mine is like 14" all around T_T so sad....i want to make them smaller, but then that won't happen lol...

#12 Andromeda18_

Andromeda18_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:42 PM

man....andro...your claves are SMALL! augh....12" all around? i wish i had that! im not too lucky though lol....cause of running and training, mine is like 14" all around T_T so sad....i want to make them smaller, but then that won't happen lol...

If you think mine are small then you can't think yours are big, I mean they're only 2'' bigger than mine and let's not forget you're 5'10'' so you must have long legs. Do you really think mine are that small? Maybe I think they're a little big because my ankles are 8'' around and it makes my calves stand out a bit.

#13 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13471 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:58 PM

If you think mine are small then you can't think yours are big, I mean they're only 2'' bigger than mine and let's not forget you're 5'10'' so you must have long legs. Do you really think mine are that small? Maybe I think they're a little big because my ankles are 8'' around and it makes my calves stand out a bit.

ehhh my ankles are like 9" hm....i dont know? small ankles big clafs?? i dont know but when i look at my calfs i think they are pretty big. esepcailly when i look at it from behind...augh they look like they are HUGE...lol...but then i guess like you said there is no way to really go around the big calfs ;) just work on making them stronger....what i need help with is my thighs o.O lol...to me i think they are big -_-; and fat...

#14 Andromeda18_

Andromeda18_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

ehhh my ankles are like 9" hm....i dont know? small ankles big clafs?? i dont know but when i look at my calfs i think they are pretty big. esepcailly when i look at it from behind...augh they look like they are HUGE...lol...but then i guess like you said there is no way to really go around the big calfs ;) just work on making them stronger....what i need help with is my thighs o.O lol...to me i think they are big -_-; and fat...

It's normal for them to look bigger from behind because you can see the actual muscle. Mine look bigger from behind as well and I bet that's the case with everybody.
About your thighs, are they really in need of help or are you just being too critical of your own body? I mean, aren't you suppose to be a real sportswoman? Your six pack still show a bit don't they? I doubt you're as chubby as you say.
Don't forget that just like the calves the perimeter of our thighs is dependant on our leg lenght. For instance, let's imagine two women, one with 30'' long legs and another with 34'' long legs, both have 22'' thighs. The first woman's thighs will look much bigger than the second women's even though the actual thigh size is the same. And there's another thing to take into consideration, hip size. Have you noticed how Beyonce has huge thighs but they barely touch? That's because she has wide hips which means are legs are positioned further apart than the legs of a person with smaller hips. Many women complain that their thighs touch each other but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have small thighs.

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13471 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:03 PM

It's normal for them to look bigger from behind because you can see the actual muscle. Mine look bigger from behind as well and I bet that's the case with everybody.
About your thighs, are they really in need of help or are you just being too critical of your own body? I mean, aren't you suppose to be a real sportswoman? Your six pack still show a bit don't they? I doubt you're as chubby as you say.
Don't forget that just like the calves the perimeter of our thighs is dependant on our leg lenght. For instance, let's imagine two women, one with 30'' long legs and another with 34'' long legs, both have 22'' thighs. The first woman's thighs will look much bigger than the second women's even though the actual thigh size is the same. And there's another thing to take into consideration, hip size. Have you noticed how Beyonce has huge thighs but they barely touch? That's because she has wide hips which means are legs are positioned further apart than the legs of a person with smaller hips. Many women complain that their thighs touch each other but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have small thighs.

interesting tibbet! didn't know that one! good to know good to know!!!

i dont think im that critical of my own body, i just think i notice more about myself. yeah im a sports person lol but then that was college days. now im working. its been a year now...all i have is work outs here and there, not every day like the old times... T_T so yeah i would say im a little big chubby now. 6 pack still there :D but then there is just a little baby fat in the way...so all i need to do is work it off i guess.

my hips aren't that wide at all. 32"-33" i think is pretty irking for me lol....im not afraid to say my messurments ;) lol...

thighs? T_T that would be a sad story...19" all around...o.O i need to work out a bit on my inner thigh that is...definatly...no questions asked...

lol its funny how this was talking about calfs and now talking about hips and thighs XD hahah

#16 wingedmemories

wingedmemories

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:40 PM

sorry .. but what are cankles? ^^'

#17 Morgana

Morgana

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:45 PM

sorry .. but what are cankles? ^^'

calf & ankles have same size
http://img427.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img427/9435/hpim13496bw.jpgPosted Image

ankle size is supposed to be smaller than the calf

Posted Image

cant find better picture

Edited by Morgana, 03 June 2006 - 10:54 PM.

#18 Andromeda18_

Andromeda18_

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:39 AM

I also heard that koreans have been getting a certain kind of surgery that cuts the calves. Most of the calves are made of muscle and lipo cannot be used to make them smaller. I think large calves are inhertied, my calves have been this huge as far back as I can remember. If not, are their anyway to make them smaller?

I just found out you can reduce the size of your calves (of the actual muscle) without needing to go through surgery. It's still expensive though.

Calf Reduction

Can you tell me more about calf injections with BOTOX® Cosmetic? My calves are really thick and I wish to have the muscle thinned out.

BOTOX® Cosmetic works by paralyzing your muscle, which shrinks it. It has exactly the opposite effect of exercise, which increases the muscle size. For best results, quite a bit of BOTOX® should be injected into your calves. The initial cost is $2000, then $899 every 3 months until you see an effect. Most people need about 3 injections to see a result, which will last about 9 months. After about 5 injections, the effect of the injections appears to last several years, and can sometimes be permanent. For out of town patients, I suggest getting all your doses up front, then returning if you need to about 6 months later. You may not need to return if the muscle is still small. I have not seen any complications with this procedure, though it is possible that you could experience temporary paralysis in a portion of your leg.

You can also browse the site for more information: http://www.asiancosm.../html/faqs.html

cant find better picture

I found this under 'cankle' on google: Posted Image
I have to admit she really has a somewhat thick lower leg.

#19 wingedmemories

wingedmemories

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:26 AM

o ok thanks! .. i now know i don't have that .. my ankles are thin .. but my calves are big though -__- .. so does exercising make it bigger?

#20 xvi3txl0v1ngx

xvi3txl0v1ngx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:41 AM

i don't think i have cankles but i do have big calves >.<. i don't really like them but oh well,just gotta live with them.

#21 hpratvfrk

hpratvfrk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:18 AM

I calves are huge. But they're probably muscle ;)

It's maybe because I play a lot of sports.

#22 Rednsxe

Rednsxe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:10 AM

I don't know but I know a good amount of asian guys that have nice calves.I even got complimented by a white guy. He's like i'm jealous of all you asians having big calves

#23 taintedlove

taintedlove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:10 AM

EW.... cankles. I heard that squats are extremely bad for your calves if you want them to be smaller. My gym teacher says if you stand on your toes and streach, it helps define your muscles. hmmm gotta try that

#24 liukai

liukai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:55 AM

omgg ma calves are GIGANTICC ehn its not muscless 100% fat =[ NO MATTER HOW MUCH A WORKOUT the fat doesnt go away

#25 Gingging

Gingging

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:38 AM

Not all asians have big calves, but I have big calves and i'm short so being short makes them look ever bigger. >.<

#26 meteorangela

meteorangela

chau chau ♡ 小方

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2005 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

well i dont have big calves but i do have big thighs. well i think so anyway lol

#27 SimplyAGirl

SimplyAGirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:30 PM

Well, not all asians have big calves. Mine isn't big. But I do notice most asian girls in general do have bigger calves for some strange reason.

#28 r1911

r1911

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:43 PM

Not all asians have big calves. However my friend has HUGE legs and hes chinese. My calves are normal for my size.

#29 vanness_gf

vanness_gf

meTeoR dreaMers

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

The size of your calves are pretty much reliant on your genetics, there's really nothing that can be done to make them smaller... but I do know of a few asian girls who have larger calves... personally I love girls with bigger calves, I find it cute and attractive. :wub:

TRUE. It's in the genes. My granny had big claves & I got it. :lol?:

it's nice to know that a guy here wants girls w/big calves ^_^'

#30 phat_aaron168

phat_aaron168

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:11 PM

damn i was thinking that i can fix my calves using exercise................im so jealous of those korean actress with their thin calves..but then again they are a size 6 right?

#31 zxe

zxe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:55 PM

i think my calves is big too....nothing u can do...u r born symetrically so...just have to bear with it....becos i am a runner is even worst...i feel that i too have big big calves....

#32 solemnmite

solemnmite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:55 PM

Really? I'm Asian and I have pretty small calves. I always thought Asians generally have smaller calves, especially guys. I've noticed a lot of Asian guys have smaller calves than skinny Asian girls!

#33 ll Pocky ll

ll Pocky ll

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:48 PM

Haha, i have big claves too that's because i dance a lot, so let's hope it's muscle rather than fat. I dont like it though, so i hardly ever wear skirts, maybe long ones. Haha i never knew what cankles were until now.lol

#34 AZP84

AZP84

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

I'm a girl and my calves are huge. I play alot of sports so that has a lot to do with my calves being large, but it's all muscle though. One of my classmates ask me out of nowhere once and said do you lift weights. I said no and he kinda got discourage because i have these calves that football players would love to have. And all I see are these football players doing leg liftsin the weight room. Sometimes I flaunt them in front of the guys. It's kinda unfair for people who would like to have big calves, have small calves and people who want small claves have super hugge calves.

#35 GhstDreamer

GhstDreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:30 PM

I have been hearing alot of information that Asians tend to have large calves. I kinda do believe it considering my calves are humogous. They seem extremely out of proportion with the rest of my body ( my thighs are about the same size as my calves). I heard the term "raddish legs" to describe large calves.

If not, are their anyway to make them smaller? Running is obviously not an option; I run track and my calves have not been getting smaller. :thumbdown

The problem is you're running track - that builds up calf muscles quick. Also if you go to the gym and work out on the treadmill (running or walking) it does the exact same thing. However, if you use the elyptical (I don't think I even spelled that right), you help tone your calves without increasing its mass.

I don't think all Asians have big calves. I mean I'm asian and I have pretty small calves and ankles. It's not just me but my whole family is the exact same way.

#36 halo2289

halo2289

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:02 PM

actually...i'm asian, and i have pretty small calves...it's my thighs that are huge -_-" mostly cause of swimming though...

#37 mschumacher

mschumacher

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:08 PM

well i will agree on this method also .....

asian have big claves cause the used to walk more and walk faster like japan oand
hong kong ...

they accidentaly trained there maybe kekekekek

#38 ANGELIC_B~

ANGELIC_B~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1078 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:07 PM

I don't think we're bron with big claves. I think my calves are normal. They don't look super big/fat or anything. Most of the asians I see have normal legs too. It depends on your family genetics and the sports and activities you do. Exercising a lot probably causes you to have bigger calves.

#39 ^AnGeLRiNa^

^AnGeLRiNa^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 04:51 AM

tats somehow true. I saw most of the girls in my country hav big calves. Well, im a guy, mine is particularly muscular. :P

#40 SwTbaByGuRL5i0

SwTbaByGuRL5i0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:54 AM

it is sometimes genetics, and your endurance. Maybe you could exercise more and you'll lose the fat or maybe it's the muscles.