AF needs funding again

Naturally(no surgery) beautiful Korean actresses!?

44 replies to this topic

#1 hkdramafan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:04 AM

There are more pictures of other Korean celebs if you follow the link:
CODE
http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200606/200606060005.html

History Attests to Korean Stars' All-Natural Looks
The chiseled features -- can Korea’s gene pool really have produced the perfection that graces TV screens all over Asia without the help of the country’s otherwise so very busy army of plastic surgeons? The Chosun Ilbo listens to the rumor mill to discover just how natural the Korean Wave is.

◇Song Hye-gyo
IPB Image
Song Hye-gyo also started out in entertainment while at high school. “She was active in show business when she was in the first year of high school, and she appeared on a TV show in the third year, so she wasn’t able to attend class often,” a teacher recalls. “But with her cheerful character, she mixed well with her friends and was always in a bright mood.” Needless to say her looks are said to be entirely nature’s work.

◇Han Ga-in
IPB Image
Han Ga-in appeared on a TV quiz show when she was a high-school student, and she was also captured in TV footage of interviews with high-school students. Her looks needed no improvement. The story of how entertainment bigwigs spotted her in the news clip and immediately went to her school to offer her a part is already legendary.

◇Kim Tae-hee
IPB Image
Kim Tae-hee hit the big time when she was still in high school in Ulsan. She attended a nationally renowned school that brought together top students from local middle schools, yet even there the actress was able to stay on top of her class for the entire three years. And her looks have not changed since then: they made her the object of desire among the boys of all the surrounding schools. One rumor circulating about the actress at that time was that she studied for free at a private tutoring college. According to the rumor, her presence there was thought to attract so much business from male students that the institute waived the fee.

◇Lee Young-ae
IPB Image
Lee Yong-ae spearheads the Korean Wave. Childhood pictures and photos of young Young-ae in hanbok from her school days can be found all over the Internet. Devoted Netizens can attest, therefore, that no surgeon’s knife was needed to improve her.

Edited by tvbdramafan, 14 June 2006 - 06:37 AM.

#2 sunshinegurly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:55 AM

ohh very pretty is song hye kyo! she looks the same when she was in high school back then..so amazing! :D

#3 nssoso

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:29 AM

I agree dat Song Hye-gyo has a natural beauty. We can even say dat she is prettier without make up. But i admit dat korean actresses are really beautiful

#4 acklam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:02 AM

wow it's great to see for once that natural beauty wins over plastic. these women are all truly beautiful and are setting a great example for young women!

#5 shingmyw

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:44 AM

a really interesting topic. Always allready wondering of it's due surgery or natural. After this topic it's quite clear who didn't even need a knife to look beautifull.

#6 half_hk_n_viet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

song hye gyo is stunning. I dont know how many times i said this, but shes is beautiful inside out.

#7 Galadriel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:28 PM

song hye kyo is so pretty! always thought she looked so naturally beautiful and she does looks the same when she was in high school wow!

#8 lonilonei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

Haha, actually, the point of plastic surgery isn't to makle it obvious plastic surgery has been undertaken...but from the pics I have no doubt the SHK and KTH were definitely natural. I think LYA is too, but she looks like she may have had boutox in the later one. Nah, Ga In doesn't look like she had any surgery either, but she's not really pretty.

#9 lollidust

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

no offence, i dont prefer the "natural" of the rest of the korean star that have been listed in this topic except SHK!
SHK is naturally pretty sweet as you can see her high school picture. she needs no makeup to look naturally pretty, and now she's just pretty sweet. :D

#10 Asian-aholic

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:24 PM

Yeah I too have heard many rumours that Korea is known for many physical appearance alterations. With natural beauty as exemplified by the original poster, it is this that needs to be emphasized. Beauty not only comes from the outside but within. I am more for the natural look, everyone has something beautiful within and around them.

#11 Crazywildberry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:10 PM

wow... they are beautiful and not to mention naturally. I am so jealous but.... this shows that Hollywood's style is not been followed by Asian... I'm so proud

#12 teal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:22 PM

There is a big popularity for koreans to go under the knife but hey there are natural beauties out there too with many of them as Korean actresses - as the article points out is it the korean gene?

#13 aisu_kuriimu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:25 PM

hmm im not too sure what u mean about the gene pool comment..

#14 xjeanzxx

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

they all are pretty...natural beauties are also prettier than plastic surgery.

#15 ttenovy

jack's brown eyed baby

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,720 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:27 PM

this is just the picture that don't have sugeri but wat about others

yeah.... that's why the title of the article is "Naturally(no surgery) beautiful Korean actresses!?" :loool:

#16 aznguh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:15 PM

YES! Song Hye-gyo is one of my fav korean actors go girl

• Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:45 PM

i think the first one resembles the best modern pic and wow the power of make up lolx

#18 corpntachan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:15 PM

All of the pictures above are very cute. I can tell they all have natural beauties, especially Lee Young-ae. She is very cute when she was little. Her eyebrows look the same as now. Other people changed, maybe because of makeup nowadays. I can't believe eveyone kept their teenager pictures. I don't know where I putted my teenagers pictures.

#19 kloey

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:29 PM

i thought Lee Yong-ae did get plastic surgery...
(but in my personal opinion, i think that she is pretty ugly- no offence)

#20 laffinxD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

Uhh most of these people aren't that pretty so i don't think it matters if it's natural or not. but the truth is it's not a big deal if people have surgery. I mean if it's so bad we should stop judging people and saying if they're hot or not. if we don't do that then people wouldn't need surgery.

#21 judowodo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

I have always thought Kim Tae Hee was really REALLY beautiful when I was watching The Nine-tail fox. Even though people seem to think Song Hye-gyo is the prettiest out of all those posted, I think Kim Tae Hee is a bit better.

#22 avery87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

wow i like this article, all so natural...its good to see that not everyone has had plastic surgery in the biz hehe. i really like chae rim...but too bad she has openly admitted she had plastic surgery..but she is beautiful none the less :D + Go song hye kyo!!!

#23 PinkAngel506

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:48 PM

wow dey r all so pretti nd look pretti much da same except 4 lee young ae nd han ga in.....

#24 Aznb0i

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:05 AM

i think in that pic song hye kyo looks prettier when she was in highskool but my answer prolli b diff if i saw song hye kyo's high skool pic with make up xD

#25 Alexa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:56 AM

I think SHG is pretty but overrated, hah. But KTH <3 She is simply stunning and not to mention smart! I also LOVE Han Ga In :)

#26 chanckl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:42 AM

wow, they're all so pretty, i'm glad that they're beauty is natural

#27 AzNdAtLuVz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:22 AM

korean actresses are very pretty but i heard dat MOST of them does surgery......i think dat is kinda..eh.....yuh

#28 sexychino2k6

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:33 AM

i like song hye gyo the most...the rest of the stars in those pics are very blehh

#29 mun2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:45 AM

this is pretty interesting since korean actresses are known for having done surgery....

song hye gyo looks like she didnt change much....still as pretty...but han ga-in looks kinda diff in the two pics though

#30 midnight348

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:14 AM

I think Kim Tae Hee is simply gorgeous! Song Hye gyo is pretty sweet but I agree with mun2 I think Ha Ga In looks pretty different.

#31 heshilin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:26 AM

they look so pretty. .. lee young ae look like caucasian when she was young..

#32 KiKi0202

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:11 AM

i like Kim Tae-hee and Song Hye-gyo, they both pretty. saw them in full house and love in havard xD both such good dramas

#33 blackcat

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:57 AM

I think these actresses are all quite pretty, but none of them are really beautiful to me. Maybe I just have high standards on what I consider beautiful. It'd be interesting to see the before and after pics of actresses that were thought to have had plastic surgery.

#34 AzN_InVasian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:49 AM

o that interesting...SHG is sooo pretty, even back in her high school days. haha goes to show that not everybody noadays turn to the knife for the answer. but then again some ppl cant help it, some are born pretty n beautiful but wat bout the ones that arent so perfect? they just want ppl to complimnt them n notice them, i dont think its anything bad, but then its ur own decision whether to go under the knife or not, anyhoo peace =]

#35 xosugarcrushox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:04 AM

yes...well i guess this only proves that THEY didn't get plastic surgery but that doesn't mean that other celebrities didn't.. :T

#36 bemypal_hk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:16 AM

Yeah, every race in the world has their naturals and Koreans have created many cosmetics that maintain their youths.

#37 miss scarlett

chinked-out

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:25 AM

Song Hye-Kyo looks SO PRETTY in that school photo! ^_^ If I was half as pretty as I her, I'd be so happy that I'd laugh until I die.

WTH happened to Han Ga-In? O_o The photo on the left I mean, lol. But she looked really pretty on the right photo. ^^

Ack. Natural beauty is always the best.

• Guests

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:45 AM

before we jump to any conclusion here, i want to point something out. undergoing plastic surgeries in korea is like getting braces here in america. everyone seems to be doing it, INCLUDING koreans here in america. i've been told by my korean friend that her korean friends fly to korea to get their faces done during hs or even jr. high. so really, hs pictures don't really prove anything. natural or not, they're all really pretty... and great actresses too.

#39 bluebelli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

that han ga-in girl's high school photo looks really weird. they should've picked a better pic of her. but yea, these korean girls (+ others) are so naturally beautiful!

#40 Lily

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:58 AM

these r only the ppl that haven't got any plastic surgery..butt how come they don't show the others..becuz its horrible...korea is known for plastic surgery so even if they r trying to prove that theres natural women the korea is still known for plastic surgery..and to b exactly i think Han Ga In did have plastic surgery of some sort..but oh well these women r beautiful :) whether they r plastic or not they make women envy them haha :)

Edited by Lily, 15 June 2006 - 06:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users