AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Sandy Lam Yik Lin (林憶蓮)

sandy lam lam yik lin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 loveoncemore

loveoncemore

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:28 PM

Sandy Lam Profile

Chinese Name : 林憶蓮
Name (E) : Sandy Yik-lin Lam
Birth Date : 1966 April 26
Birth Place : Hong Kong
Horoscope : Taurus
Chinese Horoscope : Horse
Height : 1.59m
Weight : 48kg
Eye Sight : 300 degree short sighted on left eye
Nationality : Chinese Hong Kong with Canadian passport

Label for Mandarin Market : EMI Virgin

Label for Cantonese Market : EMI/Gold Label

Past Labels : CBS/SONY, WEA, Capital Artist, Rock Records

Music Production : Saraswati Music Limited

Management Company : Music & Movement, Singapore
Past management company : Creative Artists Management & Productions Ltd. formerly known as Stardust Factory

Status : Married to Jonathon Lee (李宗盛), famous Taiwan producer a.k.a. the godfather of Chinese music in Taiwan, on Feb 23, 1998. Seperated in 2004. Now in a relationship with Chan Fai Hung, ex-903 DJ and currently working at EMI.

Family Members : Father and two younger brothers; Mother passed away in 2001; One daughter named Lee Xi-er (李喜兒) was born in 1998

Education : Secondary – Form 5 graduate with a Business Diploma, Marymount Sisters' School (瑪利曼書院), Happy Valley, HK (Photos); Primary – North Point K.F. Assn. Madam Chan Wai Chow Mem. School, Hong Kong, 北角街坊會陳維周夫人紀念學校

Posted Image

Posted Image

a video of her song- at least i have you

Edited by Myvi, 28 September 2008 - 04:33 PM.

#2 Phish

Phish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1365 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:41 PM

do u mean sandy lam? if so shes a great singer overalll

#3 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:45 PM

i think u meant SANDY LAM ~
anyhow .... she has such a nice voice~ really impressing~

#4 peachi_gurl080

peachi_gurl080

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:59 AM

She always had a great voice and knows how to sing live not like these young pple who does not know how sing and its all computerise.

#5 pauly

pauly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:55 PM

hmmm...not really taking off...but my parents have quite a lot of her cds, and I listen to it from time to time...you picked the best song that she had. I used to listen to that song non-stop...I wonder what happened to her though.

#6 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:25 AM

Posted Image

Sexy, sweet Sandy
Asia One

FOREVER SANDY LAM LIVE IN SINGAPORE
Singapore Indoor Stadium, Last Saturday

Hong Kong veteran singer Sandy Lam proved that good things come in small packages with a surprisingly showy performance at her concert at Singapore Indoor Stadium last Saturday.

For more than 2 1/2 hours, the petite 1.59m-tall vocalist entertained the almost full-house crowd of over 6,800 enthusiastic fans with a mix of fast numbers and classic love ballads, coupled with energetic dancing.

The songbird kicked off with dance track My Heart Is Dancing in a sexy get-up of black long-sleeved ripped jacket and black shorts, complete with garter belts and black knee-high boots.

Sporting spiky blonde hair, the radiant and cheerful Lam was greeted by screaming fans, most of whom were in their late 20s to early 40s.

She wowed the crowd with her sleek dance moves and crisp powerful vocals as she switched smoothly from emotive love songs to fast dance segments and back to ballads again.

The 42-year-old got everyone on his feet in fast-paced Cantonese song Run For Cover as she turned up the heat with a sexy African-style tribal dance, complete with back-up dancers.

However, it was in her love ballads that the popular diva truly glowed.

Familiar favourites such as Lovers' Tears and Chilled Wind were what fans had come for and the diva returned to her usual low-key style when crooning these crowd-pleasers.

Staying true to what she had promised when she came to promote her concert here in late August, Lam brought a little present for her Singaporean fans - a customised Mandarin medley of five slow classic love songs.

The affable vocalist said she handpicked the songs as she knew that her fans here loved them, which drew cheers from the audience. The singer seemed genuinely touched by the warm reception as by the time she sang At Least There Was You, tears welled up in her eyes.

Chatting with the audience in a mix of Mandarin, English and Cantonese, she made sure she covered all sides of the stage to acknowledge fans.

She also obliged them with a second encore after singing Goodbye Sadness and Clang Rose, returning to the stage with English song I Swear.

This article was first published in The Straits Times on Oct 20, 2008.

#7 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image

Eason Chan and Sandy Lam Chorus in Shanghai for 2009 Countdown

Eason Chan and Sandy Lam will attend a 2009 countdown celebration in Shanghai on New Year's Eve. Yesterday they both attended the press conference in Shanghai. Eason said he would sing two songs with Sandy during the night, including "When Love Becomes a Thing of the Past (當愛已成往事)" and "They Are All Our Children (他們都是我們的孩子)". He confessed that he longed to perform with Sandy, as she was his idol. This will be the first time they both perform together, so Eason feels particularly excited. The countdown activity will be held outdoor, on a stage built above a lake. Eason is prepared for a temperature below -2 degrees. But he said he would not be afraid of the cold, because his enthusiastic fans would also be there.

Source:MingPao
Translators: Dragon888/Bermuda AVN/AEU

#8 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

Sandy Lam will be performing two concerts in Australia

Kim Robinson is a very famous hair dresser and stylist who has worked on many famous celebrities hair. She is also famous for her painting. Sand Lam and Christie Wu attended her art exhibition yesterday.

Sandy arrived at the exhibition at 7pm but she only stayed for 15 minutes. Her PR had already told the reporters that Sandy would not answer and personal questions. When reporters ashed if Sandy paints with her daughter, Sandy replid "Not talking about my daughter." Sandy admires Kim Robinson, she said Kim is a very talented artist. This exhibition is for "Smile Action" fund raising. Sandy expressed her interest to have have an art exhibition too. Sand disclosed that she will be performing two concerts in Australia during the Chinese New Year.

Source:MingPao
Translator:dragon888@AEU/AVN