AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Smokin' Hott Actors / Actress who smoke?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
172 replies to this topic

#1 password8431

password8431

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:06 PM

I am not much of K-drama freak and can't comment much on another the topic discussing about Actresses dying of cancer. But of the same note about K-movie, and deserve a topic on its own. There is a definite trend among directors to protray the main actors to be a cool and sophistacated smoker. Majority of the Korean box-office have scenes protraying the actors lighting up and inhaling nicotine. Talk about subconciously hypnotising the young generation! It's a wonder why the actors do not get cancer at the show. Of the hundreds (exagerated) of K-movie, I can see that almost 99% of them have some/one actors in the movie who smokes.

Edited by Myvi, 19 November 2007 - 02:23 AM.

#2 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:02 AM

I Hate smoker but i somehow happen to like those actors too. hehe

#3 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:19 AM

I really can't believe that Korean actors and actresses are unconsiously going to ruin their looks in the future by smoking. Korean movie stars look awesome.

#4 cutie_tae

cutie_tae

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:30 AM

yeah.. i don't like smokers, though i have friends who smoke. but.. maybe these producers and directors get some % from cigarette companies or something? i wish they'd stop it. - showing smokers as cool, that is..

#5 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:52 PM

i have nothing against smokers...

but the fact that some of my favorite korean actors smoke...well, they are ruining their health...

i still like sung song-heun..he smoked on the drama "Autumn Tale"

#6 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:31 AM

yeah smoking is bad... but then most of the korean actresses or what not have surgery done... so it wouldn't really matter what they look like in the furture

#7 DimSum4U

DimSum4U

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:53 PM

I don't mind smokeing and I also have friends that do. It's their body and they can do what ever they want to do with it.

#8 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

It's a trend/popular thing to smoke in Korea? o_o

#9 nutzwinks

nutzwinks

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:01 AM

then again...perhaps smoking won't override their popularity among plp..still..i hate smokers also :P
so actor n actresses..take care of ur health n don't smoke..we know u're stressed n all..u can actually try to approach something that isn't harmful to your health n makes u happy..such as sporting.. :D

#10 andrewf

andrewf

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:41 PM

I didn't really noticed that... but I don't think its something particulary for k-movies..in a lot of movies they smoke..it's also got to do something with the gerne i guess...their not doing it on purpose i think..

#11 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:29 AM

Yes its true that in the majority of kdramas and movies the actor always smokes and admittedly, looks hot in the process. lol. But i think Korean culture encourages men to smoke, because the view is that if ur a man and u dont smoke, then ur not a real man. I think that view is rooted in the culture, and movies and dramas just portray the truth: because i have rarely seen a korean man being a non smoker- even those who live outside of korea.

and its true: dramas and movies shouldnt keep emphasising smoking and encouraging youngsters to smoke but i dont see this habit changing because i think its a part of their culture.

#12 NiTeMaRrEz

NiTeMaRrEz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:29 PM

True to that many actors/actresses do msoke while in movie
but i heard that only some are real
Others are prettending to smoke but they not actually smoking
Because non smokres dont inhale in the smoke
Im not really sure if itz true but yeahz thatz what i heard...

#13 fitterhappier

fitterhappier

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 04:12 PM

not just k-actors, i was a j-series freak as well and all those j-actors smoke non-stop as well. wasn't really used to seeing 'smoking' on the silver screen done so openly cos previously all i watch are HK-TVB series (not much on-screen smokers). guess it's some sort of culture for k & j-actors.

#14 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:40 AM

Almost every movie/series I've seen so far... there's always someone that will have to light up a cigareet. It is a trun off for me. I personaly am not attracked to guys who smoke.

When I first saw KWON SANG WOO light up a cigareet in "my tutor friend" I really thought he did smoke. Up until he was on a show and the fans ask him if he smoke. He said no, that he loves sports and there's too much in life to live for. If he smoke, he won't be able to enjoy life that well.

So just because you see Actors smoke in movies/series. Just don't asume that they smoke in real life. It could just be a part of the act of the character that they are playing. :wasntme

#15 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:54 AM

^ i wish i could say the same thing for wonbin.. because ive seen some behind the scenes of him smoking. he really is a smoker in real life. i know its his body and i have no say on that.. but its really harmful, i really hope he'd quit soon.

#16 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:05 AM

Um..i think they are real smoker. :down In my opinion, japan and korean culture and behavier are similar, esp smoking. :wacko: I know that japanese guys are hard smoker and so do korean. :shocked: In addition, in movie, it becomes manly when they encounter problem. Not only Japan, korean, but Hong Kong ^_^'

#17 wisdomseeker

wisdomseeker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:01 PM

I don't know but does Song Seung Hun smokes?

I dislike smokers and actors that smoke in movies annoy me...I don't care if they curse but just don't smoke....

that's why I prefer watching ancient movies or dramas....u don't see them puff a smoke in an ancient movie eh? ...oh well at least my Kwon Sang Woo is not a smoker....heheheeh

#18 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:39 AM

its sad, but they do look very hot when they smoke theyre like pro smokers!! like KSW in my tutor friend he looked so hot when he was smoking, but then he doesnt smoke in rreal life which is so good. i wonder if people who dont smoke but have to smoke in movies//series get addicted and smoke from then on? that would seriouslyt run someone's life

#19 szecwo

szecwo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 03:41 AM

Yeah I notice that. It's seems like the actors and even the actress are shown smoking. That's a huge turn off.

#20 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:36 PM

At least Song Hye Kyo and Rain (Bi) Aren't :lol?:

#21 pinkpanther0927

pinkpanther0927

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:55 AM

there is this scene in kim sam soon that sam shik (hyun bin) told sam soon that smoking is bad for her health, he even list down the chemical component/s of a cigarette... but behind the camera he was seen smoking... i hope he would stop since it may affect his health... *sigh*

#22 Aru-chan

Aru-chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:05 AM

I don't see the korean guys in the series I've watched smoking a cig...(smoking hot? hell, yeah! lol!) even the meanest and most "man-ly" characters... hmm... or maybe, I haven't been watching that too many a korean series :unsure: lol!

But one thing's for sure... I saw Kwon Sang Woo in My Tutor Friend and Once Upon A Time in High School holding a cig and trying to god-awful smoke it! Hah! No, he's not a smoker! clapclap Even his superb acting cannot mask that!

#23 BILLIE★

BILLIE★

Mrs. Jung Ji Hoon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:20 PM

I hate people who smoke since it is bad for them and others around them too. Smoking should be banned forever.

#24 shuet_ying

shuet_ying

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:42 PM

Most Korean young guys and girls smoke, it a COOL thing in Korea to smoke in High school. Such as DBSK's Hero he used to smoke but since he in DBSK he's quitting, but Hyesung in Shinhwa still smokes...he is a super smoker! But his voice in the BEST in shinhwa! I don't agree with it all but i don't care it their lives to be ruined, they knows it bad for them but they don't have the will to stop smoking!

#25 thejadedangel

thejadedangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:48 AM

It's part of their culture as they said. I mean, lot of people smoke because they see their stars doing it. All of my korean guy friends smooke X.X

#26 imp01

imp01

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:39 AM

I agree, though it is bad for the young generation to see people smoking, but the show is based on real live culture of Koreans, and Koreans smoke a lot.

#27 KSWglomper

KSWglomper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:13 PM

Some actors don't smoke in real life, they're just doing it for their role in a movie/series. Like Kwon Sang-Woo smoked in "My Tutor Friend" because it was part of Ji-Hoon's bad-boy character. Also, in a lot of drama series, they seem to smoke when they get stressed about something (especially in romantic dramas). Others do smoke in real life - like Jang Dong-Gun.
A lot of people also smoke in real life, especially America. So what's the big deal? (I mean, K-actors are a lot cleaner than American ones, supposedly. Look at the drugs and other stuff that American actors do.)

#28 Francel

Francel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:08 PM

The Korean actor I only know that smoke is Song Seung Hun but I still like him. Wow KSW doesn't smoke. I really love KSW's red lips.

I don't care if Korean actors and actresses smoke because I know Bi and SHK doesn't do it antway...

#29 lucky girl

lucky girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:07 PM

I hate smokers mostly cos they really make the air around me stink and I especially hate it when they smoke in eating places or small enclosed space/rooms...I'm not really too bothered about the 'health' issue with smoking cos many things can cause illnesses like eating too fatty food and such. Yes its a selfish act to smoke because we non-smokers are innocent victims in risk of getting cancer from them smoking but the smell is a bigger issue/problem to me!!

BUT actors are not people I know in real life so I don't really care too much if they do smoke in real life or not as it doesn't really affect me!

Off course, the actors that I love, I would want them not to smoke because I care for them and I do feel a 'little' disappointment when I find out that they smoke but that disappointment fades after a while cos they are celebs/stars and I am me...our worlds just to don't collide, it really has little affect on me!

However, rather than get disappointed with actors who smoke, I've kinda got the image or used to the idea that all actors smoke and so I do appreciate very much when I find out that certain actors don't smoke! Korean actor-wise I only now Choi Ji Woo and Lee Young Ae don't smoke...male..I dunno!!

#30 RockPopPrincess

RockPopPrincess

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:43 AM

Yeah, Song Seung Hun smoke, It was during Autumn in my Heart, Song Seung Hum had a pic with Moon Geung Young and this Young version of him in the AINM. He has a cigarrete in his hand, it was lighten and has a smoke in it.

Lee Dong Gun also smoke, during break of shooting of Yu Ri Hwa (Stained Glass), he smoke.

I think there's nothing wrong about it. South Korea is a cold climate and men (and even women) smoke so they can get warm. Sometimes, if really needed in a particular scne, they have to learn how to smoke.

It depends to them if they continue smoking or not!!! We can't do anything about it but comment on it!!!

It's not our lungs who get burnt!!!

#31 lucky girl

lucky girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:51 AM

haha..smoke to keep warm..that does sound like a good excuse but I wouldn't buy it if someone said that to me in real life.

#32 hoteggroll

hoteggroll

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:56 AM

Yeah, smoking blows, literally. But if you're going to shine a spotlight on Koreans and Korean actors, you might want to include the drinking that goes on in EVERY Korean production that I've seen so far. The drinking is really the gateway to smoking.

But it's entertainment, not politics. As long as the smoke isn't coming in through your tv, it will remain in the media in every society until smoking is completely removed from every culture... so good luck waiting.

#33 RiverBks

RiverBks

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:51 AM

Smoking is bad...no two wasy...not only for the smokers but also the people around them. I think there's a higher rate of lung cancer for second hand smokers or somethign like that.

Either way, it's sad that it's 'cool' to smoke no matter what culture. Their health, their voices and even their skin get affected. It's disappointing, but hopefully they will clue in and stop.

#34 ogui84

ogui84

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:47 AM

i DONT LIKE SMOKING...BUT I DONT MIND PEOPLE AROUND ME SMOKING BUT SOMEHOW WHEN STARS SMOKES ESPECIALLY KOREAN GUYS, THEY HAAPENED TO BE SO COOL LOOKING DOINT IT

#35 rozina

rozina

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:57 AM

As I know korean actor smoking :
Bae Young Jun
Jang Dong Gun
So Ji Sup
Song Seung Hun
Hyun Bin (not heavy I think)

Because i saw them smoking in the drama. The way they act can see wheather the person really smoking or not.

#36 karinchoong

karinchoong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:44 AM

Ya, I agree with what you are saying, but I think maybe viewers love to see characters smoking as they think it's cool. Sometimes I am a little disappointed when I see the main lead smoking, but I guess it's common.....

#37 willenette

willenette

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5659 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:01 AM

Wow, Kwon Sang Woo doesn't smoke? Good to hear that. I'm sure RAIN doesn't smoke either because usually singers don't do that because it's bad for their voice.

#38 sApphIReGurL

sApphIReGurL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:53 PM

well, we can't blame them. most actors smoke because they need to stay awake for long hours to finish shooting movies n dramas......

i only know Hyun Bin smokes in real life......

on the set of MNIKSS. he was wearing the green shirt from the kissing scene.
http://imageshack is not allowed anymore.us

#39 samtly

samtly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:18 PM

i think most actor smoke. i will fine it suprise if i see a actress smoke. i dont smoke i dont see the wrong in other doing it if they want to. atleast these actor smoke openly and not act innocent. i m a reporter i have seeing hk actor and actress act all health freak but behind the scene u see them smoke

Edited by samtly, 19 April 2006 - 07:19 PM.

#40 lucky girl

lucky girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

Wow, Kwon Sang Woo doesn't smoke? Good to hear that. I'm sure RAIN doesn't smoke either because usually singers don't do that because it's bad for their voice.

So happy to hear KSW not smaoke as well..if its true!!

Not saying that Bi smokes but its not true that singers don't smoke!! I think ALOT, at least more than 50% of singers smoke! Smoking doesn't affect your voice that much, maybe your breath but in the long term like maybe when you get older...I'm not too sure but my point in singers do smoke as well.