AF needs funding again

Photo

Why do women pull each other's hair when they fight?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 Tenwood

Tenwood

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:48 PM

I don't get it. I saw this in junior high and then high school. I supposed when you are young you don't know better and you just grab on whatever you can get.

Just got back from a clubbing night at Tao night club in Las Vegas and 2 drunk ladies started a fight with one another. Not sure what, I think one said the other's hair was fake, God knows you must defend your honor if some heretic accuses you of bad hair. And bam, they grabbed each other's hair and went down in a pile on the ground, neither one releasing, neither one moving. Comeon, if you hate each other that much, put some effort into the violence, throw some punches, scratches or something.

Catfights are interesting and yet boring, one of the paradox in life.

#2 lenny888

lenny888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:16 PM

if u pull the sideburns or the short hairs at the end they hurt the most! plus no lasting damage unless pull out tons of roots of hairs maybe that is y

#3 xchiyix

xchiyix

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

no clue, but if i fight with someone i throw punches, hair pullings just stupid :lol?:

and i'm a girl :lmao:

maybe they just don't know how to fight...

Edited by xchiyix, 09 July 2006 - 05:12 PM.

#4 monkeyboo

monkeyboo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:28 PM

I think it's probably just because the hair is more convenient. A lot of girls grow their hair long and so, it's easier to grab onto it. Plus, it hurts a lot when it gets pulled - especially a whole chunk of it.

#5 ctr

ctr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

It's maybe a natural reflex to get hold of something.

#6 pokieelicious

pokieelicious

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

omgshh! LOLS the funniest shyt! i used to fight w my friend and i pull her hair too. maybe its just the only thing i could grab? lol

#7 dchengg

dchengg

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

maybe thats the only thing they can do? because some girls are weak right.... so then since hair is so important, and it hurts as well, then why not yank it off~ xP

#8 greenthing

greenthing

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:37 PM

For some reason I tend to scratch then punch. I'm pretty skinny so my punches aren't that strong. Long sharp nails work best when scarring and piercing a skin lol >.> I'm older now, so these girl to girl fight and so on is childish ^___^!

#9 mrax

mrax

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:39 PM

it is the easiest thing to grab of hold of plus it hurts a lot and once grabed you are pretty much in control of the other person

#10 asiandotkom

asiandotkom

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

Have you ever had your hair pulled? It HURTS. Plus, when your hair is pulled, your head is down so you can't see too much.

#11 Edgar

Edgar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:29 AM

Not a chick but, you should know..hair is really important to a girl, and it looks like it hurts .. ALOT when they get pulled by it. Seen a few catfights and yep..they always end up having a hair tug-o-war. But sometimes it gets interesting and they do use their fists..if chicks were guys..we'd get slaughtered cus girls are ruthless when it comes to fighting, no lie.

Edited by Edgar, 10 July 2006 - 01:29 AM.

#12 ntp

ntp

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:39 AM

well if you say they were drunk maybe they couldnt swing right so they decide to grab hair! lol

#13 jianlunxd

jianlunxd

I'm BIG in Japan !!!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:46 AM

I guess when women fight they need something to pull on which is usually the hair, and it hurts too.

#14 lchanknow

lchanknow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:54 AM

that's because its the easies target to get since most woman have long hair. woman treat hair like there kidss

#15 Myolie

Myolie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:15 AM

Yea the hair is the most precious thing to the girl so that's why girls go after that, to damage each other appearance. When I was in middle school, my friend and I was just playfully pretending to fight, but she suddenly pulled my hair and I heard it stretched, like it's breaking. She wouldn't let go and people were staring, so I told her to stop, but she didn't. She finally did but I felt like she did it on purpose.

#16 lost_butterfly

lost_butterfly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

When because it's painful- and women care about their beuty- so when u pull the other person's hair they will be very annoyed. Also it tends to be the easiest thing to pull.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13468 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:18 PM

yeah i wonder that too. why the hell do you wanna waste a freaking arm/hand to punch someones lights out with hair pulling? whatever. man if i was resolved in hair pulling then i must be desperate! i punch and kick....no hair pulling for me.

#18 zaku

zaku

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:35 PM

hmm.... i'm gonna take a wild guess about this as i don't really know either, but i have a theory why.

When girls fight, they grab hair because its one way of wrecking each other's beauty. Most hair fights I see would be from TV so i really haven't seen a real one. And all the TV ones i've seen, are usually fighting for a guy.

So my theory about girls pulling hair would be to wreck each other's image and make them look 'bad' in front of the public and possibly guy.

I mean think about it.... girl's spend TONS of time making themselves pretty, putting on make up and preparing the hair just to go out. If they were wrecked, the impact i'm guessing would be quite devestating..

well these are jsut my theory haha, not proven yet. Can any female comment on this?

#19 aisu_kuriimu

aisu_kuriimu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:13 PM

hair pulling...HURTS! it doesnt look it, but jsut trying pulling at your hair now.. not only that, but i guess hair is easy target to grab and attack i guess.

#20 N3K

N3K

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:31 AM

i think it's because normally girls' hair is long. so when you fight you can grab it easily even though the girl is some distance from you.

#21 joaniemaloney

joaniemaloney

blue&white forever <333

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1256 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:16 PM

It hurts. It's the easiest place to attack, lol, and it's a disadvantage when you have long hair because I guess the girl goes for it first. I, myself have never been in a situation like this, thankfully, but it's logic.:P

#22 loongloong

loongloong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

It's so convenient to pull a girl's hair and it hurts, why don't we do it?

#23 newme

newme

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:15 PM

why do girls pull hair when they fight?? cause it hurts? can i pull your hair ? lol

#24 MrWinkles

MrWinkles

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:47 AM

I would guess it the natural reaction to grab anything and make the damage.

#25 sakhee

sakhee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:52 AM

err no clue really, i think its cuz its the easiest thing then can get hold off in that difficult situation and plus it leaves no scar bruises etc that cud be evidence she hit u...

#26 kwanzee

kwanzee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:37 AM

girls aint got much strength as boys so they just pull each others hair :P

#27 wolf119

wolf119

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:11 AM

they only know how to pull hair and scratch each other with their nails becouse they are women, they don't have strength like men.

#28 Sunnie2772

Sunnie2772

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:50 AM

Well, it's the easiest thing you can grip onto that brings pain to the other person, plus when someone's fighting they don't think where to hit the just hit, if a person were to think he/she would probably get knocked out first. And I would also like to say one thing, not all girls grab each other's hair, plus not all girls are weak, girls have strength like guys too, I guess you havne't really seen a female with strength I bet, I also doubt you would want to, because you would never would want to meet a pist off chic raging with moodswings and hormones which is one thing that gives a female strength. Plus the last fight I saw between and guy and girl, the guy also grabbed the girl by the hair, so please don't say all girls only fight by using pulling hair and scratching as tactics and don't say all females are weak, if a female was able to suffer through all that pain to give birth to you then it prove that not all females are weak as you state! I would also suggest you don't make anymore sterotypical or sexiest remarks! Because you never know if you would get B**** Slapped by a female!

Edited by Sunnie2772, 23 July 2006 - 04:00 AM.

#29 花媽

花媽

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:12 AM

Lol YOu bring a good point. I guess its because it hurts and its the easist thing to grab on at first. But I'd rather punch =]

#30 space_kandie

space_kandie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:02 AM

I've never witnessed a fight that went that out of control, just seen it in movies and such. Well, pulling their hair is because it really hurts and for girls, theres nowhere you can get really hurt by kicking. Instead hair pulling comes into place.

#31 diopatra

diopatra

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

it is the most accessible weakness of a girl. since whaen girls fight, arms are fying all over.

#32 ldyjanee

ldyjanee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:06 AM

hello, women care a lot about their hair
esspecially if it was outside a club
there's people who they might be checking out
so i guess giving a bad hair day is the first
thing that pops into their bimbo minded heads

#33 Waigin

Waigin

Star Trek fan

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1104 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

no clue, but if i fight with someone i throw punches, hair pullings just stupid :lol?:

and i'm a girl :lmao:

maybe they just don't know how to fight...

It's a good reason and if you can remove some hair, the girl will be less pretty for a while and everybody will look at her

Have you ever had your hair pulled? It HURTS. Plus, when your hair is pulled, your head is down so you can't see too much.

If at least they kick or punch it will be better

#34 chinkyang3l

chinkyang3l

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:15 PM

i've seen that in movies. never in real life.

#35 evonc

evonc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

cuz its the easiest physical part to encounter! :unsure: unless the girl have short hair, if not then ..well.. try pulling ur own hair.. it hurts! B)

#36 badbadbad

badbadbad

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

they will attemp to squeeze each others breasts too =X

#37 Clemzstar

Clemzstar

o( O ___o )o Blur !

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:15 PM

pulling hair hurts ><
So imagine a full force grab and pull of your hair ...

#38 SwTbaByGuRL5i0

SwTbaByGuRL5i0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:20 AM

yeah, i hate it when ditches people your hair...but girls are sensitive about their hair you know, don't want to be bald plus it takes longer for the hair to grow back...i rather punch...but watch out for the nose, it could get messy...=) that's how you get someone down...

#39 hellomoto

hellomoto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

I guess hair is the weakness of a women, like guy's weakness is down THERE

#40 azncutestbabe

azncutestbabe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

well girls usually have long hair and its easy to reach and it hurts when some1 pulls out ur hair and hair is very important to many girls