AF needs funding again

- - - - -

To girls: What do you do if your underarm turn black?

43 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:50 AM

well, my underarm hair grow out fast. so i have to shave it very often. & so now my underarm turn out to be a little black. so i was wondering what should i do or use to make it not black anymore.

#2 WinterParade

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:38 AM

Shaving makes the hair that comes back thicker and darker. Wax perhaps? Don't shave when there are little hairs, pluck.

#3 yarold

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:45 AM

View PostWinterParade, on Aug 11 2006 1 38 AM, said:

Shaving makes the hair that comes back thicker and darker. Wax perhaps? Don't shave when there are little hairs, pluck.
according to snopes, that's not true.

although I'm not sure how to help you with your problem. maybe some whitening soap?

#4 31Neko

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:18 PM

lol stop shaving and start waxing. its painful... but in the end worth it =D

• Guests

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:52 PM

lol thanks you guys. i hope that it will help :]

#6 chineseleon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:35 AM

dontbe afraid
even though it feels soo weird to wax your armpit.. your armpit will be in pain for a few days LOL

#7 starduzt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

... there's some products that help to 'whiten' the arm pits... If you have Sasa, you might try the shop..

#8 ntp

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

well first of all dont shave so very often because when you shave your hair grows back thicker and blacker 2 times than it was before. try plucking them or getting the razor that automatically pulls your hair. its a elctronice that spins and plucks your hair while you move it up and down. it works actually better. but u got to stand the pain!

#9 mangosweetneZ

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:20 AM

oh...to ntp: ive heard of those things!!..does it reli hurt?
like, badly hurt..?

#10 proud2basian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:37 AM

there are some home remedies to help lighten undearms (such as lemon) but it takes time and very tedious. there are some spa that offers whitening treatment

Edited by proud2basian, 22 August 2006 - 06:39 AM.

• Guests

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

no to shaving
yes to waxing

if it helps, try bleaching your underarm :thumbsup

#12 glk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:00 PM

hahaha
going through the big girl process
hahaha
all it is, is armpit hair best thing to do is to wax it, or if ur scared of the pain than shave but shaving isnt dat great the hair comes out spiky and its not a good feel, can pluck it as well but lot of pain

#13 icyglaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

personally...it's less painful for me to pluck rather than wax. :)

#14 Serena226

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

try buying a whitening cream or lotion in a drugstore. if that doesnt work then try buying one at a brand name counter like shiseido, estee lauder, or clinique.

#15 jadeforever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:52 AM

I never heard of whitening product for your underam? do you mean use face whitening products on your underarm?

#16 PiggyMai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:02 AM

shaving does thicken the hair and make it darker. its like stubble of a man`s chin. I pluck my underarm and do not have this problem. So just pluck it instead. After a while it will grow back less and u dnt need to shave everyday.

#17 kawanii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:12 AM

yeah i agree..pluck..even though it kinda hurts when u pluck it out..its gone and less thick after ^^

#18 xchiyix

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:09 AM

does it hurt a lot when you pluck? o.o;

and do you get used to it after awhile so that you dont feel it??? or will it always hurt

#19 aisu_kuriimu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:27 AM

the spinny electric thing ppl have spoken about in htis thread is called an epilator , if u are interested in researching for it. ive never had one, but my mum use to have one and she told me it really really hurts !

#20 wiskie41

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:59 PM

Actually I think the epilator is good... I've recently bought one - Braun and I'm pretty satisfied. Sometimes plucking the underarm can take a really long time and it can be tiring.. haha.. especially when you're dead tired from a day of hard work... The epilator works fast and it removes hair rather well.

You can change the speed of the plucking to reduce the pain.. haha.. but after a while.. u get used to it and wanna get it over n done with fast.

I use it all over.. even at bikini areas.... so pretty good! painful though.. but bearable...

People say can use for the legs as well... but i usually use the hair removing creams for legs...

#21 sx9

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:10 PM

don't shave it as often as you used to.. pluck or wax it. although plucking and waxing is more painful than shaving, it won't make your underarm turn black.

Edited by sx9, 23 August 2006 - 07:11 PM.

#22 mojo125

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:26 PM

deodrants can make your underamrs going a bit darker but not balck because of the chemcials it contains - best thing is to get an organic one but I tried one and it didn't really work.

#23 Quinh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

You shouldn't shave your arms. Use wax instead, I do too and my hairs don't grow back as dark.. I absolutely do not regret it!

#24 yayaya

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:56 PM

epilator r pretty good, try using one of those instead of shaving. When u shave the roots dont' come out, that why it makes the hair grows more course and dark. So either try a epilator or waxing.

#25 babyjanetyz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:26 AM

u should try waxing.. its cleaner and better. or .. u can just shave often whatever you want

#26 emmmmyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:28 AM

Wow! i had the same question about my underarms! ^_^ thanks everyone!! i think i will try...waxing?? Or using the epilator. I really dont like pain T_T but in this case... i'll try my best to ignore the pain!! 0.o.. or maybe i'll just wax when i need to.. like when i plan to wear a t-shirt and such. lol

#27 cbc_bunnie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:48 AM

I don't know how long the epilator is but waxing my underarms takes less than 60 seconds for both underarms. It's very quick. I think if you can handle plucking then waxing shouldn't hurt. I fyou think about it plucking will take time and you're pulling out one hair at a time, but if you wax you're plucking all the hair at once. I find that it hurts for a few seconds. I go to a professional though and they put on this soothing lotion as well so that it won't hurt.

#28 juin_arti

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:17 AM

i always pluck my armpit hairs..but my armpit turns a little bit black as well.. :( does waxing really help? any suggestion of what to use for waxing? because i've never used it before..

Edited by juin_arti, 30 August 2006 - 08:19 AM.

#29 brandished_wings

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:07 AM

You may want to goggle this but I have heard in some underarm deodarants it contains something that darkens your skin

#30 biomanz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:20 AM

Get a tan. Make it match the darkness :D If gets darker get a darker tan!

• Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:01 AM

i did tried to pluck my underarm hair the other day. it so painful :blink: . but then i tried it again during shower. it was much easier to pluck out. but then i only did like a few because it's so hard to get a grip of the hair. so i only did half of my underarm since my neck hurt really bad :argh

#32 joaniemaloney

blue&white forever <333

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:59 PM

I think plucking will work better - it's what I do and it does hurt that much. Waxing hurts more.

#33 Jae Min

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

View Postredgenes, on Aug 23 2006 4 09 AM, said:

there are products to whiten armpits? lol never knew that.
me neither lol ^_^'
Waxing hurts a lot i tried it don't wax. Pluck works better for me lol

Edited by Jae Min, 02 September 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#34 blushiningstar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:09 AM

Shaving will make you hair grow back thicker, so that's why you underarm is turning black. It's your underarm hair showing through your skin. You should tweeze it off with a tweezer. Waxing will dry up your skin and make it rough and dry. Tweezing will take a long time and the first time will hurt like H---, but the second time won't hurt at all. Oh and it will strain your neck too.

#35 CuteAznBunni

Xiah JunSu <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

waxing hurts A LOT!!!!!!! especially...under ur ARMPIT?? ow ow!!!

#36 阿Mei

Music Lover

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:38 AM

View Postblushiningstar, on Sep 6 2006 2 09 AM, said:

Shaving will make you hair grow back thicker, so that's why you underarm is turning black. It's your underarm hair showing through your skin. You should tweeze it off with a tweezer. Waxing will dry up your skin and make it rough and dry. Tweezing will take a long time and the first time will hurt like H---, but the second time won't hurt at all. Oh and it will strain your neck too.

Yep, I was going to say what you said except you beat me to it. Don't shave. You'll just end up wasting time since you would have to do it often. And your underarm does become black because of that.

I stopped shaving a long time ago, and turned to tweezing. It does take a long time, and I was satisfied for a while. But then I turned to waxing. I find that works better. After the first couple of waxes, less hair grows back. I also noticed my underarm becoming lighter. Waxing is painful, but you get used to it. And you don't have to do it often either. For stray hairs that grow back, just use a tweezer to pluck them out. I would recommend using the Avon wax strips. They're inexpensive, and works really well.

#37 EA99

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:34 AM

Being a guy sure does have its advantages XD why dont you get laser surgeory if its that much of a problem? it can stop regrowth of hair?

#38 krazeelildevil02

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:30 AM

i think theres this st. ives product that thins your hair but im not sure if it works. but i dont get why your underarm is turning black...is it the hair stubs??

#39 CuteAznBunni

Xiah JunSu <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:14 PM

it's not like..ur armpit get TOTALLY black..like..pitch black. i think it just gets darker..right?? i dont know! like..the color isn't the same as ur skin color!

#40 inlovewithu

my life goal is: marry wang leehom!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:36 PM

im not sure if it's the shaving that makes your underarm dark...i know i have that problem & i think it maybe cuz your underarm doesnt get the chance to breathe much? so usually after i shower...i blowdry my underarms...it helps...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users