AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

If a guy asks you if you have a boyfriend, does that always mean he's interested or are there sometimes other explanations?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 solemnmite

solemnmite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:58 PM

I know this may sound like a dumb question. I've always thought if a guy asks you if you have a boyfriend and asks you about your previous relationships, it means he's interested in you. However, as a girl, I can see myself asking someone purely out of curiosity (although I'd probably refrain from asking if I wasn't interested in order to prevent any misinterpretation). I'm not sure if some guys work in a similar manner. Any guys care to enlighten me? Do you only ask a girl boyfriend-related questions if you're interested or do you sometimes ask just because you're curious?

Edited by solemnmite, 11 August 2006 - 10:00 PM.

#2 ntrlfox

ntrlfox

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:15 PM

sometimes i ask if i just want to be friends with a girl and have nothing else to talk about. the question what kinda guys do you like? can get a girl to spill out her life story to you which can be pretty interesting ^^

#3 mandrew

mandrew

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1468 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:41 PM

highest probability would be:

1) he's interested in u

then followed by...

2) he wants to talk about relationship issues ... as in.... he has a gf or girl in mind and wants ur relationship opinion

3) he wants to be friends with u and wonders if u having a bf will affect that friendship

but i would say #1 is the most common reason

#4 papzakje

papzakje

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

I know this may sound like a dumb question. I've always thought if a guy asks you if you have a boyfriend and asks you about your previous relationships, it means he's interested in you. However, as a girl, I can see myself asking someone purely out of curiosity (although I'd probably refrain from asking if I wasn't interested in order to prevent any misinterpretation). I'm not sure if some guys work in a similar manner. Any guys care to enlighten me? Do you only ask a girl boyfriend-related questions if you're interested or do you sometimes ask just because you're curious?

I dont know..it depends how the character of the boy is...
some boys just as of curiousity..and some boys are interested..and ask it..because they wanna get to know you..
but i think as a girl...if boys ask it to me..that they are not interested in me :P

#5 angelic_soul

angelic_soul

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

Not neccesarily, but it's still possible..as anything is possible in this crazy world we're in;P He might just want to start a random topic..or seek advice..or simply cares about you. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions if some guy were to ask me that.

#6 solemnmite

solemnmite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:47 PM

highest probability would be:

1) he's interested in u
then followed by...

2) he wants to talk about relationship issues ... as in.... he has a gf or girl in mind and wants ur relationship opinion

3) he wants to be friends with u and wonders if u having a bf will affect that friendship
but i would say #1 is the most common reason

Ah, good to know. I'll have to keep reasons 2 and 3 in mind in the future.

#7 inniminnimanimo

inniminnimanimo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:53 AM

haha i dont think so, im always ask if my friend if she has a bf but that dont mean that i like her, i think that if you really wanna know you should just ask direct

#8 smile =)

smile =)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:46 AM

It may just a friendly question or he want to introduce some guys to you :)
If he like you i guess.. normally he won't directly ask that.. fear you avoid him.
however this is depend on that guy personality.

#9 omotesando

omotesando

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

OK, here's what I do as a guy.

1) If I am friends with someone, I'll ask in a friendly tone - 'so, are you actually going out with anyone at the moment?"

2) If I am interested in that female, I'll ask straight forwardly - 'are you single?' or 'do you have a boyfriend now?'

Not that it answers your question. But the general answer is - I ask both out of curiosity as a friend, and also if I really like that someone and testing them.

So, don't think too much of it. If you really want to know when someone asks you, ask them why do u ask that question? :)

#10 kroneh

kroneh

Sex GOD

• AF-n00b
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:07 AM

Asking if u have a boyfriend can lead to alot of things. (Depends on the guy's character)

I wouldnt ask directly, i would ask something like how come you're so free today etc? Not going out with your bf etc or when someone rings her i would ask..hehe bf chasing u up?

For me asking that question will tell me where i'm standing or least know what i can do and cant. ie joke / flirt / don't get too close or misunderstand.

#11 jeahh

jeahh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:43 AM

Girls and guys can never be friends! (When Harry Met Sally) hahah. I think for girls it's different. It's purely curiousity. But for guys they sometimes have underlying motives. If you're single its potential they may go after it. If you're not they'll keep their distance and jsut be friends.

#12 amy**

amy**

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

my friend asked me that.he was like do u have a bf?it turns out he 1.was curious 2.ha dnothing else to talk about n 3.was alito interested in me

#13 jerrybjl

jerrybjl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:01 PM

it doesn't mean anything...just to be friends and get to know each other more

#14 azncutestbabe

azncutestbabe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:54 AM

sometimes they ask u that but it maybe for them or their friends but i always wonder...

#15 arvid

arvid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:05 AM

I think it depends on how well do you know the guy. If it's a random guy asking you and you never met this guy before, almost a 99% chance he's interested in you.

If you met the guy before and you've talked about a lot of other things prior to him asking you that question, he may just be trying to get to know you better. He may or may not be interested in you, but that depends on situation also.

#16 solemnmite

solemnmite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:23 PM

I think it depends on how well do you know the guy. If it's a random guy asking you and you never met this guy before, almost a 99% chance he's interested in you.

If you met the guy before and you've talked about a lot of other things prior to him asking you that question, he may just be trying to get to know you better. He may or may not be interested in you, but that depends on situation also.

Yeah, I see what you mean. This guy I've known for a few months asked me if I have a boyfriend and then he asked me other boyfriend-related questions. We've talked about random stuff before but we've never touched upon boyfriends and previous relationships until he brought it up. Lately, he's asked me a few questions and said a few things that imply he likes a girl. I suspect that it's me but of course I'm not 100% sure. Would it be safe to say that in this situation, he's most likely interested in me?

Edited by solemnmite, 15 August 2006 - 06:45 PM.

#17 0nen0nly

0nen0nly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:06 PM

i asked mostly everyone i kno that question out of curiousty.,..wonder if they all mistook it lol but i can c what you mean about the relationship things...

#18 brownies

brownies

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

it doesnt always mean that they like you, it can be a possibility, but sometimes the guy's probably just curious about things or they have some relationship problems that need ur advice. or maybe they wanna be friends and arent sure if it would effect ur relationship with ur boyfriend if u had one..