AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

What is the best browser?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

#121 Herr_Secrets

Herr_Secrets

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

Firefox sometimes load slow, and gives me pop-up sometimes...

I use avant browser&theworld browser. Why? cool skins LOL (: . Well avant browser, you can easily block any pop ups you want or want. Theworld browser is.. easy to navigate or some sort (:

#122 imlookingatyou

imlookingatyou

Underwear Dancer

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:52 PM

I prefer Firefox. But IE is still good too.

#123 richard333

richard333

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

Looks like Firefox is the most popular web browser for most users this days .I do use Firefox too just like some other saying that it has so many pop up ad in IE and it's so confuse to the new users,if they can correct that then IE shouldn't be so bad compare to Firefox.

#124 emoh

emoh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:17 PM

firefox

no prob, easy to use, better for protection against bugs, virus...

#125 L815

L815

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

Maxthon 2.0 and Opera dominate the browser technology.

#126 ...::AsianFanatic::...

...::AsianFanatic::...

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

There's NO best browser. They all have varying degrees of imperfections and drawbacks.

Why else would they come out with patches and critical updates for them?

It just of a choice of choosing one that sucks less, that's all.

When I first used Firefox, I thought it was the best. But over time, I discovered that it's a bloody memory hog and no amount of hacking via about:config, etc works. Yes, I tried the tweak in mozillazine. Useless! Memory still leaks like a sieve and continue creeping up if you leave it on over time. For crying out loud I only have 17 tabs open and the Task Manager tells me Firefox is hogging 214,876K!

Firefox not completely secure either, but since which browser is. But at least the Firefox team is more prompt with their fixes, updates and patches unlike IE which has a proven history of a long list dangerous vulnerabilities with more discovered along the way - vulnerabilities from years back that remain even in IE7, so IE is definitely out. It gets used only when absolutely necessary: Windows Update and nothing else.

I'm still using Firefox because it has, IMO, 2 excellent and indispensable extensions for a more secure, safer and less annoying browsing experience: NoScript and Adblock Plus.

Stopping scripts dead in their tracks with "default deny" goes a long way for security.

#127 L815

L815

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

Ever since firefox his its populatiry, it's no longer safe. Yes little scripts can help, but thats not enough. Opera on the other hand was built completly from scratch, and is by far the safest browser out there.

Maxthon 2 default adblock (not including scripts/plugin) is better than firerfox's adblock IMO

Firefox is a great browser, dont get me wrong, but its just not what it used to be. The only good thing about it anymroe is the scripts, and many new browsers are embeding that same idea.

Edited by L815, 31 August 2007 - 01:49 PM.

#128 chanw

chanw

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:32 PM

Go firefox! IE is alright when it doesn't quit on you.. Opera is just weird.

#129 Toastie

Toastie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

I like using Firefox, ever since i've moved from IE, to Netscape, to MSN explorer then to Firefox, i prefer firefox, its just that i've been using it for so long. I like it :P

#130 skytricks

skytricks

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

opera's a speed demon. i recommend it if you don't want a memory hog.. it has plenty of features like mouse gestures (which are really, reallyyyyyy helpful), tabs like in firefox, a download manager, etcetc. it has a feature that makes it really easy to switch from firefox to opera or from IE to opera. i really recommend it.

#131 Fancy

Fancy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:50 AM

to me, firefox is the best. firefox is not that bad and its really a good browser

#132 tcc531

tcc531

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:52 AM

IE7 is still be best browser ever. Firefox sometime have problem with some web site.

#133 JtoC

JtoC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 04:59 AM

I use Firefox because of the security in provides, though I have to say firefox is really resource hog!

#134 patch01

patch01

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:58 AM

Like most, I've used IE6 and IE7, but personally, I much prefer Firefox. Seems a lot more intuitive, doesn't have a plethora of annoying ads swooping in to breakup the online experience and best of all, upgrades/patches, etc etc don't seem to come every single week.

Unlike Microsoft, the Firefox guys seem to take the view that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (imo)

#135 tatjana

tatjana

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:18 PM

I use Firefox, its safe and is better for getting less viruses than windows IE.. it also allows less pop ups.. i never had problems with Firefox thats why I think its the best..

#136 _bethesame

_bethesame

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:37 AM

Firefox is the best for me. I do use IE sometimes but it takes too much time. =\ I heard Safari is also good but it is only for mac computers.

#137 HeeFoung

HeeFoung

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:28 PM

i dislike IE because i got problems while using it.i prefer use firefox,lol,i know only the two in fact,i had another a long time but i don't remember the name.

#138 mkt

mkt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:50 AM

Firefox is the best for me. I do use IE sometimes but it takes too much time. =\ I heard Safari is also good but it is only for mac computers.

Then you heard wrong. A beta of Safari is available for Windows, though it's much worse than the original. I have the original, and I must say: It's nothing special. Tabs work nicely, adblocking works perfectly, but that's about it. There's no fireftp, no new tab button, no header modifier, no irc client, no WOT. Page rendering is however superior to Firefox, and especially IE7.

I also tried camino. It looks nice, has built in adblocking, supports cocoa. But, it's too simple, it lacks support for firefox addons (Even though it's based on mozilla) and so on. Pretty much the same as Safari.

Opera is a nice browser, but lately they have been focusing too much on windows which results in a very unstable browser for the other platforms. Great tabs, decent layout (terrible for the mac-platform), fair menu, and great functionality (Though not expandable). A limited ad-blocking feature is availabe, but it is not enough to make one consider to use it instead of Firefox (Unless you of course run Windows and purchase admuncher)

Internet Explorer 7 is a joke in my opinion. The rendering is terrible, and it can't handle squid-filtered web pages properly. It has no support for ad-blocking whatsoever (Unless you purchase admuncher) and still suffers the lack of proper support for w3c standards. It also fails at many points when it comes to transparency.

#139 dimsumboi

dimsumboi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:54 AM

ill go along with firefox :thumbsup

#140 Azn_Drag0n

Azn_Drag0n

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

firefox all the way. IE is simply too slow and buggy for me.

#141 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 37358 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:56 AM

I've recently ditched my IE browser,.it's too slow and bugs can easily penetrate it,.I'm now using Opera,.it's really awesome and the features are really neat,.I recommend it to everyone

#142 vigga

vigga

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

k-meleon does it for me. pretty small browser and is nice and simple

#143 chiz

chiz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

firefox with all the useful extensions! ad-blocker, fasterfox, gtranlation, zoomfox, chatzilla, fireftp all in teh same browser! i like it!

#144 venmalathy

venmalathy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

In my opinion Google Chrome and Firefox are best Browsers...I am using both browsers.They are very fast for Browsing.I am using these two browsers.Even if i open more than ten tabs it's very fast....I have checked the speed of the internet at Scanmyspeed.com it shows good speed.

#145 playstation3

playstation3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

Firefox on Windows, Safari on Mac (because Firefox cannot open PDFs on Mac)

#146 Canuck21

Canuck21

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

I now use Chrome.

#147 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Safari ftw!

#148 lionheart

lionheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

the fastest and more advanced interface that i'm using is

OWASP Mantra

#149 RadeonHD

RadeonHD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Speak of grave digging, this thread is years old... Anyway, my preferred browser is Google Chrome.

#150 Drahke

Drahke

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

I use Firefox.