Do Japanese stars get plastic surgery?

144 replies to this topic

#51 Annami

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:57 AM

oh my god... I can't believe you actually put there Kenichi Matsuyama...
He's the most natural boy I've ever seen ¬¬
I really think you're being picky about some bad pictures or childhood pictures... everyone DOES changes, haven't you seen your own pictures when you were little children?????
there are some real cases as Ayumi Hamasaki, Maki Goto and Koda Kumi, but NOT all of them are real surgeries just because "their eyes look a bit wider"

#52 mellow_yellow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:11 AM

I'm pretty sure a lot of those celebrities above have had stuff done. As much as I love Ayumi, she looks a whole lot different than she did. I think Maki Goto, Nakashima Mika, and Kago Ai probably got some work done. Kuriyama Chiaki doesn't look any different, her hair's just different in those 2 photos and she's not wearing much make up in one.

#53 Annami

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:42 AM

Chiaki, Kenichi, Mika Nakashima and Kame don't look different to me XD!!!!

Miyazaki Aoi pics are such a stupidity... they're taken from a totally different angle

#54 Rin.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:54 AM

I seriously dont believe kame had surgery

Here's a recent pic:

Posted Image

And here's some chibi pics of kame when he first joined JE:

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i166.photobuc...OVE/kamekid.jpg
http://i166.photobuc.../chibikame5.jpg

He doesnt look like he does now, but you can see the HUGE RESEMBLENCE.

..IF he looked like this, does that mean he had surgery BEFORE joining JE? Impossible.. for what, a 14 yo kid?

OR

If he didn't look good (JE is mainly chosing through looks anyhow), why would johnny want to INVEST so much money on plastic surgery for kame, a average looking guy who would need plastic surgery to look good - when he can save it and just promote a better looking kid?

Those pictures chosen were of him when he was very small, and cmon. No one looks good in their school pictures ;)

I agree about the double eyelid taping thing. They're very convenient you know.

Also, people grow. .__. (surprise there)

Edited by Ait Wang, 12 February 2012 - 06:42 AM.
max. of 3 pics per post

#55 joykimlee

WGM Joongbo addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

Lunch time facelift is common in Japan. Plastic faces are a norm even for Japanese who aren't in the entertainment business.

#56 KeifuIsLove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

For JE stars... I doubt they had surgery. They start out too young for it. We've seen them since they we're little chibi boys. I think it's just growing up. I've seen some really butt ugly people become really pretty. That girl on Degrassi XD. I think with some weight loss orrrr gain, braces, corrective lenses that make eyes bigger, makeup, hair, intensive skin correction, and all those other ways to achieve beauty; anybody can change.

Some of the stars shown above seem to have no change at all to me XD. Like Sawajiri Erika.. I didn't see a difference...

Maki eyes got bigger? It might not be a good before picture in my opinion. When people smile their eyes get incredibly small. And Maki poses with her eyes opened hugely wide most of the time. So... I think we need to see a young Maki pic where she's doing her pose. I know normally my eyes are big but when I laugh they turn super small T_T. I refrain from laughing now T__T.

#57 ayamanika

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:45 AM

PLEASE DON'T BELIEVE EVERY PICTURE THAT IS POSTED IN THIS THREAD!

I've been reading similar threads in other forums and it was pointed out that the pictures of actor/actresses and their so-called younger versions are actually TWO DIFFERENT PERSONS!

for instance, there was a picture of ryo posted above and it was the same picture that i have seen in 2 other forums. someone pointed out that the younger guy was not him and he/she even posted a youtube video of ryo when he was still young.

SO PLEASE DO NOT DIRECTLY ASSUME THAT ALL OF THE PICTURES YOU SEE ARE TRUE!

most asians have look-alikes (im an asian and i know some people tell me that i look like one of their acquaintances) and so there are some people who actually post pictures of other people that tend to look like some celebrity. and besides, there are pictures posted in this thread that do not look exactly like the celebrity. do you think they would go under major changes and still be adored by people. i don't think there would be many JE fans if they know that their idols have plastic surgery.

#58 mae lauringhton

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:33 PM

i also think that some of the before-and-after-pictures dont show one and the same person
but i have to say that i also believe that ayumi hamasaki got plastic surgery (though i dont think she looks that ugly at the beginning...)
many asian stars (not only japanese ones) got plastic surgerey, especially at the eyes
it's not unusual at all, if you want to be succesful nowadays, you hav to look good and i dont think there is anything wrong with having plastic surgery (though i dont support it either)

#59 *Susan*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:58 PM

I think that many stars had to go under the knife to change something either big or small. A lot of people are fine with plastic surgery but once you know that your favorite star had it, it kinda throws you off. You still swoon over them, but there's something about them that you see different. Also cameras are advancing and pictures can be changed through the computer. I think I look okay in person, but when I take a picture, I find myself to look like hell. People have surgery to fix their so called imperfections, which I don't really mind because we all feel insecure one time or another, it's just they change it instead of accepting it especially stars because they are always in the limelight. I don't have anything against plastic surgery, but in a way if you know someone with it, your view of the person kinda changes, because you feel that for them to be beautiful they needed to change, so maybe you do. I think I'm kinda just dragging on, so I hope you understand what I mean. People want to be pleasing to the eye and want to look attractive. They have surgery to change the things they do not like, or to perfect themselves, or simply to gain confidence. I think if you have the money and really want to get it done, then fine, it's not for me to judge. People want their stars to look nice, so they do things to please us and themselves. Sometimes, I hate the thought of people and plastic surgery, but I've thought of my imperfections and how to change it.

#60 mae lauringhton

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

yeah, i agree

if i found out that my favourite singer went under the knife, i would see him/her through other eyes, though i know that you shouldnt judge a book by its cover...
i think stars of today are forced to be perfect and to represent perfection, so we shouldnt blame them for having plastic surgery
but there are also stars, who really are "faked", they pretend to be someone they are not and thats the big point
ayu for example, i think there is really no doubt that she had plastic surgery, but i also believe she's still herself, so i didnt lose respect of her (though i think she looks a bit weird now, pretty, but just not really human...)
there are others who change their personality just for popularity, thats really faked, i dont want to mention names, but i think music industry is full with such people

but its still the best to show your real face, it has something authentic

i will now poste for a friend of mine, lets call him "Yohan", well "Yohan" says:

"First of all: I really dislike this kind of body destruction because the persons do agree with this manipulation of their faces. Is it really necessary that people change their body to become more beautiful / handsome? I think that's absolutely not necessary. It just shows that these people have some pretty bad problems and that they are not able to accept their appearance and how they look like. They want to hide behind artificial stuff. But in my opinion they shouldn't. They are not ugly, why do they change their appearance? I think the reason could be connected with a inferiority complex.
But I'd like to bring in an exception: If someone suffers from an accident which hurt his/her body in a quite bad way, I would accept this kind of manipulation because there exists a good reason for behaving this way. If your face is really burnt, you should be able to try to improve your appearance, I think. But as I already said: Stop making use of plastic surgery!"

Those are his words...thanx to "Yohan"

#61 virginguy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:22 AM

Yeah! I think plastic surgery seems to be a normal pattern for asian stars, especially in HK and Korea.

#62 Yuunhaa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:58 PM

oh gosh... that picture of ayumi hamasaki, before she did surgery... i think she did alot of plastic surgery O.O

#63 KEita_is_love

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:23 AM

well i believed that they all did .. THEY ALL DID> well nto all. but most of themm. the very perfect and plastics ones like ayumi and ... gackt..

but about this akame thing. KAME DEFINATELY did surgery. i mean look at his eyes. THEY ARE ... single lid. but then now its .. BIGGER? so yeah?. JIN im not sure. but kame definately. LOLSSS. but that doesnt stop me from loving him ^__^

#64 Kawamoto Yuki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

i really need to speak about this issue, because i think western people get wrong impression...
and because many japanese dont use this kind of message boards, they dont know it exist..

i was recent encountered video on youtube that say that japanese star always gets the plastic surgery to their eyes, when this is not the case~!

while some pictures are real, some others are fake... in variety shows, they often show pictures of the young stars, and i dont think they look that different..

but my point is.. even ayumi hamasaki say she never got the plastic surgery.

but how is this possible, if her eyes look much bigger?
first, if you see her in real life, like i did during ANation, her eyes dont look that big as in the magazines. they use lots of photoshop... even ootsuka ai is victim of this... she got mad once because of excessive photoshop

however, the main reason why most japanese stars look bigger eyes is because we have different products that GLUE eye lid fat together to create a sort of eye fold that is much wanted in japan... even i have used this on numbers of occassion. there are different glues and tapes that we can use to tape the eyelid together or so to make the eyes bigger...

thats why when you see the nishikido ryo pictures, sometimes his eyelid looks bigger, sometimes his eyelid looks smaller. there was even a backstage thing for one of ayumi's concerts that was shown on NHK that showed her applying the adhesive..

i dont think this kind of thing is very known in america or canada because really... no one needs it here except asians. and when celebrities in america get bigger breast or so, its always because plastic surgery, so of course, when japanese stars look different, they must have gotten plastic surgery right??????

wrong...

#65 virginguy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

Just be careful when you do the plastic surgery. You gotta do with a skillful doctor. Otherwise, it will make your face rotten later.

#66 mae lauringhton

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:10 PM

i still think most or at least many asian celebs went under the knife instead of using that glue, i also know that method to make eyes bigger, but i dont think stars use it, maybe a few, but for them its more practical to have plastic surgery, that glue is more for people like you and me, people who arent supposed to look good 24 hours per day
i think its just the truth to say that japanese do at least as many surgeries as western celebs, and i think its even more...
that shoudnt be offensive or something, i'm asian myself and its not just japanese stars who do those surgery, korean, taiwanese and chinese (and all the others)...

#67 taekoame

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:04 AM

...nice...i wish i have tons of money so i can do it too....just kidding...natural is perfect...but i do want braces...:waaa:

Another thing...NISHIKIDO-KUN??????????????????????????????????

Edited by taekoame, 03 July 2007 - 04:06 AM.

#68 Kawamoto Yuki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

it would be very very ignorant of me to say that there arent asian celebrities who go to the surgeries and do this...

but i think bonnie pink said this best... she said that japanese celebrities dont have the time to go to do surgery. she knows that its a 30 minute eye surgery, but theres a lot of schedules and most of the time there is just NO time to go to do it... at least for her.

and its the truth, i think... you never see japanese celebrities partying or something because they all work extremely hard... its just tht way in japan...

but now that i think about it... i dont think theres problem in the eye surgery. maybe i will get it down in future too, but i dont know. its not a big surgery, like breast biggering, or steroids, or whatever... its eliminating some of the fat above the eye. its not big "westernization" that america loves to say about, like tyra banks or cnn... because long before europe came to asia, i think that many people liked those with large eyes... and we all wanted large eyes. its not something drastic. its not an operation of insane vanity, like huge breast implant or liposuctions... its just to make the eyes more FUNCTIONAL and more acceptable to asians.

i dont know... i still have to say ayumi hamasaki uses such an adhesife...

#69 Choii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

Lots of Japanese people did plastic surgery, not only the stars. Often they let changed their eyes to became eyes that look like european, amerikan etc. But they lost of their traditional when they changed to much, i think... And I dont think that Ryo nishikido get a plastic sugery? :blink:

Edited by Choii, 04 July 2007 - 07:56 PM.

#70 =).

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

A lot of Japanese people did plastic surgery... I heard that Japan had the most amount of people doing plastic surgery....I don't know if that's ture but..yeah XP

#71 blue232

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:29 PM

I think that some Japanese celebrities do get plastic surgery 'cause some of them look kinda "fake" or like a doll. Of course, other Asian country celebrities also go under the knife as well. If you are a celebrity, you have to look good so it's understandable that they get plastic surgery when necessary.

#72 taekoame

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:02 AM

c'mon guys? i think korea and koreans has the most plastic surgeries. they all look the same to me. especially the actresses.

View PostChoii, on Jul 4 2007 8 05 AM, said:

Lots of Japanese people did plastic surgery, not only the stars. Often they let changed their eyes to became eyes that look like european, amerikan etc. But they lost of their traditional when they changed to much, i think... And I dont think that Ryo nishikido get a plastic sugery? :blink:

of course...maybe....i think....look at the pics of him above... :crying:

#73 Arisu13

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:06 PM

wow! my goodness! if Plastic Surgery can do all that for those stars... I am DEFINITELY getting Plastic surgery! (unless I like, SERIOUSLY have my looks change... ^_^)

#74 pez666

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

HorikitaMaki
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image ??-_-; She didint it..

Edited by pez666, 11 July 2007 - 06:20 AM.

#75 heosuabi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

Very obvious for Japanese.

Very difficult to tell for Korean.

That means, better surgons in Korea.
Japanese should goto Korea for plastics.

#76 darkfire1313

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:10 PM

stars in just about every country get plastic surgery ;;;

#77 joykimlee

WGM Joongbo addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

View Postdarkfire1313, on Jul 13 2007 9 10 PM, said:

stars in just about every country get plastic surgery ;;;
Strongly agree. There's really nothing to be surprised or to debate about if stars get surgery. They're doing it to make us happy with their looks.

#78 pez666

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:40 AM

Who made those pics?? I cant blieve this things.
These photographs have received the impression management.

Of course,i agree. Some stars got surgery .Ayu,Otsuka ai...etc

I think that there is a malicious photograph in those, too.

Plz watch this. Example...

Sorry my English is very poor >,>

Edited by Ait Wang, 12 February 2012 - 06:43 AM.
removed dead image links

#79 yuki_love

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:14 PM

kame, ryo, namie, okada?? NO WAY!!
we shouldn't just judge them by the pix posted here..

#80 joykimlee

WGM Joongbo addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

In most of the above pics, hairstyle makes a great difference to a whole new look.

#81 ~SeuKitchoge~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

OMG! almost all of them had their eyelids changed!

#82 Reiven

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

I don't doubt that many of them have had plastic surgery, but I think that the other shouldn't be judged solely on their kid v.s. now pictures. Sometimes it isn't plastic surgery that changes their features, it's a little thing called 'maturing'.

#83 Rin.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:08 AM

OMG! almost all of them had their eyelids changed!

Well it depends really..

Sometimes when people grow, their face stretches out and changes, which could result in a double eye lid appearing. Like my brother, he had always had single eyelids, but after puberty he has double eyelids now.

But i guess, i dont consider eyelids change as plastic surgery anyway (they jst get a cut above their eyes) and since.. well.. EVERYONE has them (gets them done?) it's pretty normal aye

#84 ~SeuKitchoge~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

View PostRin ~ AkameLove, on Jul 14 2007 2 08 PM, said:

Well it depends really..

Sometimes when people grow, their face stretches out and changes, which could result in a double eye lid appearing. Like my brother, he had always had single eyelids, but after puberty he has double eyelids now.

But i guess, i dont consider eyelids change as plastic surgery anyway (they jst get a cut above their eyes) and since.. well.. EVERYONE has them (gets them done?) it's pretty normal aye

Oh..So that's how it is..Hmm..Well I don't know much about this stuff. let's just appreciate their effort to make us happy. They do that coz they want us to enjor their shows..

#85 WayyliEn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

For the very first post about ayu. i think she might have had plastic surgery for her eyes, but not her nose. cause if you look at the first and last pic. her nose look exactley the same even and the last pic was one of her more recent ones. cause when you smile, i think ur nose tends to widen a little. (well at least mine does that). and in the middle picture, she wasn't smiling at all but she was in the other two.

#86 x i a o b a i c h i x 3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

wow, some of them look really different after surgery, while others didn't change much :O but i must say, they all do look better after the surgery ^^" japan is now the leading plastic surgery country or something. but doesn't korea have a lot too? because my friends all want to get like the double eyelid surgery.. xD i actually wish i only had a single eyelid.. LOL =D

#87 justicereigns

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:41 PM

Oh my gosh...

Japanese girls are really unpleasant looking. Wow, I just can't believe they have to go under MASS FACIAL RECONSTRUCTION in order to look the way they look now.

It's awfully sad...

I guess afterall, Japanese girls aren't "all that".

#88 laffinxD

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:31 PM

I have to now admit some people could have just matured. I remember when I used to see these pics I used to assume a lot of people have had surgery and probably that is true but then again it's true in any country. The stars however might not all have had surgery. I know for a fact that appearances do change. Some never do but most if not all of us will. Maybe it won't be a big change maybe it's subtile but we can change. That's not to say some of these stars haven't had plastic surgery but maybe truthfully some haven't. As I know for a fact many people's eyes have changed that I know some have become more defined. Noses change too, and it's not all that rare to see an asian with a slim nose. My cousin has never had plastic surgery and his nose is high and thin, he is fully chinese and both his parent's nose aren't slim. So it can happen. Just like my other cousin seemed to have even more deeper creases as he matured. But like I said I don't deny that some stars have had plastic surgery but heck half of our population has probably had it let alone some people we see mostly on tv.

#89 loyaltvb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

Me too. I think maybe some did have their face done. Do you notice that most Japanese girls have very similar mouth and teeth structure????????????????????

#90 aryl0nne

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:32 AM

i really don't think JE boys get surgery

for kame: it looks like when he was little his eyebrows were a lil thicker but now his eyebrows are thinner and narrower so thats y his face looks different

ryo: they have tape to make it look like u have a double eye lid

so yea also another thing when JE stars become REALLY famous they get a HUGE makeover
also i noticed when guys grow out there hair it makes there eyes look bigger XD
and ur face can change as u become older

ohhh and another thing if they DID get surgery i don't think they would be showing everyone there childhood pictures lolz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users