do you tell your parents everything?

78 replies to this topic

#41 tavia_beautiful

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:32 AM

hmm....i think eveyone has their own privacy even me lolz...well i dont tell my parents everything cuxx afterwardss they would be so annoying and keep on asking you "wut happen" or "why" or some other stupid questions tat you already get bored to answer them

#42 Heartnet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:39 AM

I telll my parents things including whether im in a relationship or not. I kinda of like the fact that they are not as strict as some other parents would be because my freinds parents basically want to take control of their lifes.

#43 KimSunAnh'sFan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:16 AM

View Postfcchung, on Sep 30 2006 7 58 PM, said:

do you? cuz i dont. what i mean by that is like:
drinking
smoking
sex life
relations
drugs
any kind of criminal act u've done
anyohter kind of things

can somone tell me how to do a poll?

No to all the questions...would be in trouble

#44 mcgie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:46 PM

the things you have listed above... i don't tell my parents about it...they're not suppose to know k? i think that's what everyone does...

#45 digitaloatmeal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:00 PM

Of course not. I keep some secrets to myself also. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to share EVERYTHING with your parents...that's my opinion.

#46 lui_san^^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:10 AM

haha, if mine ever find out im be dead, cs asnz parents r way stricter then normal ones hahah :P

#47 lovely_days

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:03 AM

nope!!i neva tell my parentz anything..they know nothing about me i guess?besides my studies..itz juz because they are alwayz sticking wif their principle..maybe itz really for our own good..but..i juz cant be bothered listening to much..so..i dont tell them all my stuff..not sexual..not even my life!!

#48 twinkletoe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:25 PM

View Postfcchung, on Sep 30 2006 10 58 AM, said:

drinking
smoking
sex life
relations
drugs
anyohter kind of things

Drinking: I hate people who drink and would never ever do it ('cause my dad drinks)

Smoking: Hate smoking also

Sex life: never want to and never would so a no no

relations: nope, they're not as understanding as the western parents...I mean ASIANS have feelings too and
always tell me to concentrate in school

drugs: haven't had any

criminal act: I am a chicken and am afraid to go to jail

any other kind of things: nope!

#49 lilaznboy1210

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:39 AM

you should let them know what you want them to know. sometimes that is the best thing to do.

#50 Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:27 AM

yup.. i do tell my parents everything i did!!! hahaha.. i'm kinda a family kid... its really hard to hide things from them.. my frens, my school, my problems, my homework.. blah blah blah...

hmm... i';ve never actually started a relationship with anyone cos i am still young.. but i once liked a guy and i told my parents... heehee... they reacted quite normally... cos they think it's normal for teens to fall in like/love during this age... my dad once said :If u dont even know a guy, i'm taking u to the coounsellor...

Edited by Aspir3, 13 November 2006 - 07:29 AM.

#51 CoFFee VampzZz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:33 AM

well my parents knows that i drink~~smoked but quitted~sex life ofcz no, relationship yes~drugs ofcz HELL NO i hate DRUGs~~they wanan noe where im at from tiem to tiems~~but not always tell them~~pretty much ask me about school and money matterz that is it~~

#52 nicholas_chn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:47 PM

i don't telling anything to my parent, but only someone dated for long time, we both saw each other parent already.

#53 alpha

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:27 PM

I am from a traditional chinese family so I dont tell my parents anything. It just seems awkward.

#54 chineseleon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:01 AM

I dont tell my parents anyting .. well my test and stuff i usually lie or something ormake it up... other then that we dont talk much

#55 Yoji_Biomehanika

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:50 PM

View Postfcchung, on Oct 1 2006 4 28 AM, said:

drinking
smoking
sex life
relations
drugs
anyohter kind of things

Drinking - she already knows.
Smoking - again, she already knows from my clothes and breath smelling like cigarettes.
Sex life - definately no, we don't discuss it in any way but she knows I've been taking girls home.
Relationships - Yes, generally me and my mum are very open and often talk about the relationships i have with friends and family and work mates etc.
Criminal act - no, i dont do crime and wouldnt let her know if i did.
Drugs - Yes, i confessed to using ecstacy.

#56 IzMorDen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:53 PM

only on a need to know basis like when i need advice or something
otherwise i only talk to them about harmless things...harmless as in they wun worry needlessly for me or nag at me nonstop

#57 heat

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:03 PM

View Postfcchung, on Sep 30 2006 7 58 PM, said:

drinking
smoking
sex life
relations
drugs
anyohter kind of things

I don't think I will be able to talk or tell my parents of the followings, since I don't think they will understand me anyway. Since I think they can be very oldfashioned in many ways therefore I always kept things in herat rather than telling anyone the problems.

#58 Guest_LovelyLie_*

• Guests

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

No. I am not talking about wanking with them but everything else they I guess know.

Edited by LovelyLie, 14 April 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#59 mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

I remember my mother speaking to me about sex, it was so awkward and traumatizing I decided I wasn't doing anything else on the list to avoid the conversation with her.

#60 Guest_LovelyLie_*

• Guests

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

View Postmlint007, on 15 April 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

I remember my mother speaking to me about sex, it was so awkward and traumatizing I decided I wasn't doing anything else on the list to avoid the conversation with her.

My mother never even told about periods Posted Image Luckily I was on my aunties and she wonder where is all of the toilet paper...

#61 UDntNeedaNo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Nope, they already know too much.

#62 BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

that depends on what it is about... i tend to leave uni-related stuff out because I know for sure what they are going to say to me, always.

#63 boredCN03

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

my mother suddenly one day a few years ago brought up the question of making friends with me,
I was hesitant at first.
Then I really messed my life up, I normally wouldn't consult with my mum anything, let alone things I would be in trouble for.
Well one day I told her Mum I'm ruined I took a substance a shouldn't of taken, she help my through these things, and I have never regret open my mouth.
I went through times and yet I'm still not very open, I'm happy I let her know.
We're I can surely admit is closer *smiles all around*

#64 arabella033

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

My mom is kind of talkative and she usually releases it to me and my siblings. She keeps asking about our, school, friends and other stuff. She won't stop badgering you until you give in. I somehow thought that she has super powers or something. My mom is pretty open to us too, she told us her younger years, her mistakes made in her youth, about alcohol, smoking and stuff. She always tells us about it and then after that, she will lay down the rule on it. Whenever there are school activities, she is there and she even knows more about stuff going at school because she calls the school and asks about our progress. Though, she is like this, we love her and I guess we can talk to her up to a point I guess.

#65 U1T2BME

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

^^ I think you have a wonderful mom! My mother badgered me in the same manner so much so I'm known as the "favorite" in my family although I'm the middle child. Everyone says I'm spoiled but my mom comes to me because I'm the reliable, responsible one. (her words not mine) I'm happy you realize already how much of a treasure you're mom is, even though my mother and I clashed at times I always knew she only wanted the best for me...I wish my mother told me about her younger dayz but she won't LOL So I KNOW there's some juicy stories there. lol

#66 Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,224 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

No need to, they can read me like a book, yeah, I'm that damn predictable Posted Image

#67 danpak

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Don't tell them but they find out eventually... S:

#68 Tokyokirei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Oh no no no no no no no, lol. I don't drink or smoke or commit crime, but I definitely have done stuff I would rather keep a secret, ESPECIALLY from my parents.

#69 HelloKittyx3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

No, I'm very open to my mom...but there are certain things that are better not spoken about.

#70 i.am.me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

I have few secrets and I am a fairly transparent person, so my parents have a pretty accurate and insightful impression of who I am as an adult.

Honestly, I would choose not to tell my parents everything but I am not good at keeping things to myself because by nature I am an "over-sharer". I like to talk about and dwell on my feelings to other people. So....by default my parents (esp Mom) is my confidante because she on my side 95% of the time. My other bff is my brother.

I am easily coaxed (suckered) into sharing and sometimes it doesn't occur to me that I shouldn't answer someone's question truthfully.

Oh, to be clear, I am neither perfect or innocent.

Really, this is a matter of trust between the parents and the child. My brother is different from me lol he's very private and secretive.

Edited by iampheng, 19 September 2012 - 04:28 AM.

#71 Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

View Postiampheng, on 19 September 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

I have few secrets and I am a fairly transparent person, so my parents have a pretty accurate and insightful impression of who I am as an adult.

Honestly, I would choose not to tell my parents everything but I am not good at keeping things to myself because by nature I am an "over-sharer". I like to talk about and dwell on my feelings to other people. So....by default my parents (esp Mom) is my confidante because she on my side 95% of the time. My other bff is my brother.

I am easily coaxed (suckered) into sharing and sometimes it doesn't occur to me that I shouldn't answer someone's question truthfully.

Oh, to be clear, I am neither perfect or innocent.

Really, this is a matter of trust between the parents and the child. My brother is different from me lol he's very private and secretive.

I am pretty much like you, and I agree with you;) I also is a really open person, my mom also very understandable, so I can tell her almost everything, off course there will be something I don't tell, but for the most then it is easy to talk to her. I even think that when I get married and getting pregnant, my mom and dad will be the first one to know lol

Edited by VLinh, 19 September 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#72 DreamWeaver1337

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

Nobody does...

#73 justsmileXD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

i am prety close with my mom and i tell her a lot of stuff but not everything. maybe because my mom is pretty laidback and undersanding (she is an asian mom) she knows times are different now compare to when she grew up so i guess thats why i can tell her stuff and feel comfortable

#74 Chinagirl123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

i dont tell me dad anything of my love life he would never stop talking about it and would tell my brothers and they wouldn't let it go :(
but other stuff yah totally

#75 sterlingbeauty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Only when I need her help or she caught me with swollen eyes, otherwise I will keep everything to myself.

#76 p@rty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Posted Image

#77 MichaelD

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

When they were alive and in my so called younger years,,,,no f**k*ng way !!!!! they would have locked me up Posted Image

#78 myclosetinhollywood

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

drinking - I hardly drink
smoking - I dont smoke
sex life - only tells my mum
relations - tell both my parents, everything
drugs - i don't do drugs
any kind of criminal act u've done - got arrested for something i did when i was a teen, they know everything about it.
anyohter kind of things - tell them almost everything, my parents are my bestest friends! (you would probably feel the same if you were an only child)

#79 SoLayy168

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

I tell my mom everything. She`s understanding of American culture.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users