12 replies to this topic

#1 sfu_boy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have the software that i can use to unlock my w810i phone? I just got it a few days ago, but then i'll be visiting HK in a few weeks so I'd like to unlock my phone before going back. That way, i'd be able to use a sim card from a local service provider in HK, instead of doing ROAMING with Rogers.. 0_-

That would be crazy!

Thanx

#2 nakata07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

what is so difficult in understanding? he said it pretty clearly. his phone is locked to rogers and he wants to get it unlocked so he can use it in hk. very simple. try the two site i gave u if it doesnt work then u can msg me.

#3 LordEE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

Here's a place in vancouver. The w810i isn't listed in their list of phones but I think the list is old. You could contact them and ask if they do do the w810i.

http://unlockcell.ca

#4 ksoze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:10 AM

Wotan and Davinci will NOT unlock the W810i. They can help you UNBRAND the phone - which means removing the Rogers software/restrictions from the phone - allowing you to use MP3s as ringtones - and enabling Macromedia Flash Lite themes. You can also change the languages/region of your phone. After you unbrand you will be able to upgrade your firmware using SEUS software- Sony Ericsson Upgrade Service.

If any of that sounds attractive I would recommend Wotanserver - Cheaper and less confusing - Make sure you have [b]Enable AMR[b] checked when flashing.

There are other services where you can remotely unlock - but those require special cables.

I think you can probably get the phone unlocked in HK for cheaper than in Canada. I believe that average price for Toronto is around $40.

#5 hedycyy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:00 AM

is there any hp shop at ur place can help u to unlock it? at out place here, can easily unlock at any hp shop... charge on rm10 (usd 2.8) only...

#6 nakata07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

View Postksoze, on Oct 23 2006 12 10 AM, said:

Wotan and Davinci will NOT unlock the W810i. They can help you UNBRAND the phone - which means removing the Rogers software/restrictions from the phone - allowing you to use MP3s as ringtones - and enabling Macromedia Flash Lite themes. You can also change the languages/region of your phone. After you unbrand you will be able to upgrade your firmware using SEUS software- Sony Ericsson Upgrade Service.

If any of that sounds attractive I would recommend Wotanserver - Cheaper and less confusing - Make sure you have [b]Enable AMR[b] checked when flashing.

There are other services where you can remotely unlock - but those require special cables.

I think you can probably get the phone unlocked in HK for cheaper than in Canada. I believe that average price for Toronto is around $40.

actually da vinci does do unlock u just need a cruiser cable for it. and it doesnt cost $40 to get it unlock. if u paying $40 then ur getting ripped off.

#7 ksoze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:57 PM

View Postnakata07, on Oct 23 2006 8 20 PM, said:

actually da vinci does do unlock u just need a cruiser cable for it. and it doesnt cost $40 to get it unlock. if u paying $40 then ur getting ripped off.

Hmm, I wasn't aware that davinci will unlock the phones as well - my brother's w810 is locked to Rogers as well - I'll have to look into this some more - since I have an extra credit with them.

The $40 dollar price was what I've seen advertised online around the GTA - I too find that price high, which is why I haven't actually gone out and paid someone to unlock the phone - I usually look for unlocked phones.

Does anybody have any good experiences/prices that they know of? Maybe we can get a list going - if its allowed in the rules that is...

#8 .xMuiMuiJayx.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:48 AM

take ure phone and get it unlocked in hK! it so cheap done like in 1 hr for like 20HKD's!!! no and thats amount of money is like a sneeze!!! lol

#9 niker23

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:52 AM

You should go back to HK and unlock it there. Much cheaper than in Toronto, and faster turnaround.

#10 Toyogo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:44 AM

try to get Timsta to do it for you... he's at http://www.umobileco.com.. MSN: tim@timsoft.net

#11 no0bie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:35 AM

yup. like what niker23 just said.
you should goto HK to unlock your phone there. dead cheap.
arrive in HK, check in your hotel and then find the nearest mobile phone shop nearby.
then you can get him to unlock for you and also you can purchase a local prepaid on the spot too.
talk about killing 2 birds with one stone. :)

#12 Kiesuke2k4

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:18 AM

u can call ur company thing and ask to unlock it for few hundred bucks

#13 Toyogo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:52 AM

don't worry as unlocking the w810 is just a piece of cake compared to unlocking the newer type of sony ericssons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users