60 replies to this topic

#1 kat812

kat812

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:17 PM

ive seen a lot of dramas...and ive run out. so any recommendations would be great lol.
i think ive seen mostly every drama that theres a topic on^-^ lol.

--

modnote: DO NOT RECOMMEND any TAIWANESE or HONG KONG series! thank you

Edited by lavender rain ♥, 12 June 2009 - 08:00 AM.

#2 jin-he

jin-he

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:05 AM

HI
I never sow a C-Drama
can someone tell me what's funny and good drama to watch?

#3 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2343 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 01:02 AM

can u be more specific? like which dramas from where? like Mainland, HK, Taiwan, Korea etc. If u like history I dunno if u've seen the new Da Han Tian Zi 3, has Ady An in it, and it's pretty good

#4 allie8

allie8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:45 AM

you should watch the old Journey to the West, i've seen it 5 times and it's so good!!! much better than HK/TW versions

#5 NetDragonC

NetDragonC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

Romance of the three kingdoms! Big classic, but be prepared to get rather confused by the large amount of characters.

#6 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13468 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:25 PM

well...so far im done watching return of the condor hero (2006) version which was truely amazing!

right now im watching chinese paladin which er...i really dont like too much but i guess its because im only up to episode 5....too much graphics -_-;

another one im also watching is something dragon saber? lol i forgot...

#7 S~J

S~J

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:25 AM

i recommend Return of the condor heroes...
heres what the old versions about :

Kim Jung Hwa is a young and sincere middle school teacher, who has little interest in money. She is also extremely warm-hearted and loves to help other people. When she helps carry an elderly man's belongings from the train to another location, the elderly man is extremely thankful. This grandfather turns out to be the extremely rich owner of a group of companies. His grandson, Kang Dong Won is a quick-tempered businessman who rivals his grandfather, but in an almost comical way. In an order to "tame" his favorite grandson, the grandfather agrees to give his entire fortune to the person who marries Kim Jung Hwa, therefore forcing Kang to meet the girl whom his grandfather chose. Although at first Kim and Kang don't get along because of Kang's extremely cute but bad temper, their arguments bring them closer together. Kang starts to get jealous when Kim's fellow teacher starts liking her too. Through the clever conditions that Kang's grandfather makes, Kang starts a relationship he does not look forward too. However, what looked like a relationship that would 99% not work out, turns out to be the "perfect" match, the 1% chance.

#8 hoinam

hoinam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

if you seen alot of drams, u sould start watching korea.that will egt you into tears.full house, a love to kill, gong.etc

#9 cutie♥panda

cutie♥panda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:07 AM

Taiwanese dramas are really good. Try Smile Pasta, Devil Beside You, It Started With A Kiss and Frog Prince.

Also, try the Japanese version of Meteor Garden, Hana Yori Dango Season 1 and 2.

#10 Page

Page

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:12 AM

Hellos! I haven't watched any C-dramas before. Are they good? Anyone know a really good ones?

#11 psyduck

psyduck

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:45 PM

I recomend "Chinese Paladin" for it's humour and great character chemistry. Also, not Chinese actually but from HK, "My Date with a Vampire" 1-3. This is the Only series for me right now.

#12 miss scarlett

miss scarlett

chinked-out

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

Chinese as in Mainland Chinese dramas or HK dramas? Or Taiwanese dramas? HAHA.

Well, honestly I don't really watch C-dramas that much, especially the modern ones. They have exaggerated storylines. But the ones with the historical backgrounds are good. I enjoyed watching "DA HAN TIAN ZI" and few others. The "Return of the Condor Heroes 2006" was okay, but I prefered the HK one(s).

I love watching HK dramas. :) Period. Especially the sitcoms. They usually turn out successful. "War of the Genders", "Virtues of Harmony", "The Legendary Four Aces"... all recommended for all ages. XD But the new HK ones lately are lacking in creativity and starting to get stupid, lol. I missed the old ones.

As for Taiwanese dramas, they're okay but kind of lack in creativity because most of the new ones are based from mangas. And they're all lovey dovey and sappy... which annoys me... in a way... but there are fairly okay ones like "The Prince Turned to Frog", "Hana-Kimi", "The Magicians of Love", "It Started With A Kiss"... I didn't enjoy "Devil Beside You", "KO One", "Metoer Garden" that much. I actually gave up watching those, to be honest, haha.

#13 little_me106

little_me106

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

I definitely recommend The New Bi Xue Jian and Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang...great chinese dramas! However, Yang's will require lots of tissues!!

#14 quizquiz

quizquiz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

I agree with Scarlett. HK dramas rock. The choices posted are pretty good. Others I think are worth while would be Shine on You by Bobby Au, The Gentle Crackdown with Niki Chow, and Welcome to the House. They are all very funny and humorous. I think if you like comedy series, you would enjoy these.

#15 DiSaStEr999

DiSaStEr999

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

If you like the ancient series...i recommend Ten Brothers if you like modern...i recommend Dicey Business (the last few episodes were soo emotional..)

#16 xlilvi3tbabi3x

xlilvi3tbabi3x

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

i would recommend "shao nian yang jia jiang". its about the yang warriors.

heres the themesong:

longer version:

#17 xdyingx

xdyingx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

c- drama as in made by mainland chinese? or any drama in chinese?

The classic chinese drams are like Huan Zhu gege which was made in the mainland but with actors from taiwan and the mainland. Other really good chinese series are like Meteor Garden ( taiwan) Mars ( taiwan) , Pink Ladies( mainland), Shuang xiang Pao( mainland and taiwan). Most of them are modern day except huna zhugege ofcourse. Other then those I think alot of the dramas get very repetitive. Chinese Paladin was pretty good but not very belivable ( it is also a period piece)

#18 blackdragons1087

blackdragons1087

|-|4x0r

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu was the best thing I've seen in such a long while... So that's my rec.

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13468 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

HK dramas SUCK....tvb SUCKS...

i love:

"Return of the Condor Hero" it was simply amazing!
"Chinese paladin" was alright...more great OST then anything else...

#20 dummx1

dummx1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:01 AM

where do u guys watch the dramas at? is there like a site for it? :crying:

#21 kitkatz23

kitkatz23

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:49 AM

I haven't watched many Mainland chinese series. Most of them are too serious for my taste.

I recommend:
* Return of the Condor Heroes (2006): Simply Amazing! 9/10
* Fairy From Wonderland: Good - funny but drags a bit towards middle and end. 8/10
* My Bratty Princess: Very funny comedy romance 9/10

@ MadHatter: I don't think all tvb/HK series are that bad. Granted I haven't seen many, but some are pretty good. Have you seen War of In-Laws and War of In-LawsII? They're really good!! But the english subs for those series aren't that great and make it seem boring...so if you don't understand cantonese then they do kinda suck with the subs.

#22 litoxaznbabix91

litoxaznbabix91

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:34 AM

I would highly recommend Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang aka Young Warriors (The Yang saga).

Truely amazing and the best version ever. Perpare to brace yourself for the last three eps.

#23 lalaaa(:

lalaaa(:

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:07 AM

Definetely Chinese Paladin, Return of the Condor Heroes [and any adaption from Jin Yong's books]

#24 fun4fun

fun4fun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

I have not seen any Chinese drama for the past two years. Is there a good one I can watch to kill time. I prfer something spicy and actionish.

#25 Encerta

Encerta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:43 AM

For me, TVB series aren't all that bad but when it comes to novels/ Ancient Times, HK series is somewhat.. terrible from what I can see. Of course, it has to be logical when it comes to the storyline and TVB, kinda neglected that. Chinese, however, excelled in that. Apart from this, TVB series is really awesome in current times storyline/ detective series.

As for recommendations, I do believe it differs. I do not know what you preferred but for me, I do like the fighting scenes to be a lot more.. interactive. Graphics can be added but it has to be appropriate. Demi Gods is a good example lol. As compared to the HK series with the Duan Yu executing the Merridien Swords in so many different colours, the Chinese series is so much better!

Edited by Encerta, 30 July 2009 - 03:44 AM.

#26 maybayla

maybayla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:55 AM

Hello! Can somebody reccomend mainland drama about modern live? I watched a lot of historical dramas but recently i've started watching Meteor shower and now I want to try modern mainland dramas.
Thanks in advance

#27 Jake_Justus

Jake_Justus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hello,

I have the series "Strange Tales of Liao Zhai," "Strange Tales of Liao Zhai 2," and "The Fairies of Liao Zhai" on DVD. They are among my all-time favorite TV series.

Can anyone recommend any other TV series on DVD that might be similar to these classic shows? Unfortunately, I would need Region 1 (NTSC), English-subtitled DVD's.

Thanks!

#28 laceytam

laceytam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

i have just watch Rich Man Poor Love and like it
are there mor dramas like this?
or something like new miss mermaid from hao lei?

Edited by laceytam, 13 September 2010 - 09:05 PM.

#29 powerbehind

powerbehind

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:24 AM

You Should definitely watch "the Myth" or the "legendary of crazy monk", both are very good series

#30 forevergirl

forevergirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

I ve seen a lot of chinese drama, from mainland, taiwan, and hongkong drama,

first time watching a wuxia drama, as long as there's martial arts fantasy been so addictive now, the ff are already seen:

MY BRATTY PRINCESS
CHINESE PALADIN 3
DEMI GOD SEMI DEVIL
FACE TO FATE
SWAP PRINCESS
LEGENDS OF THE DEMI GODS AND OTHER,

Does anyone can recommend me wuxia type? with a good plot and romance comedy

#31 kitsuke_te

kitsuke_te

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:56 PM

Scheme of a beauty
Spell of the Fragrance
Young Yang warriors
Pretty maid
Feng Chuan Mu Dan

You can't miss out on these big hits and amazing stories. All these dramas had touched me deeply because of it's rich character and the interaction between the characters.

Edited by kitsuke_te, 18 November 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#32 alice vellice

alice vellice

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:11 AM

You Should definitely watch "the Myth" or the "legendary of crazy monk", both are very good series

legendary of crazy monk is this series good? i haven;t watch but i know this series
is it staring by benny chan ( hong kong ) yang xue ( mainland ) i like their previous series
i am planning to watch it..

#33 magarren01

magarren01

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 + 2 with Vicky Zhao. :thumbsup

#34 sweetgirl_haz

sweetgirl_haz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

hey guys im watching im first mainland china drama...Im watching Fall in Love...I cnt find the thread for it....
but yh could u recommend me some more dramas....not too long.less than 30 episodes...plz

#35 bratwife

bratwife

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

you should watch the old Journey to the West, i've seen it 5 times and it's so good!!! much better than HK/TW versions

#36 bratwife

bratwife

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

I would highly recommend Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang aka Young Warriors (The Yang saga).

Truely amazing and the best version ever. Perpare to brace yourself for the last three eps.

I recommend the legend of crazy monk its mainland china drama but benny chan HK actor is in it. Its very good. Also quin xiagnlian ancient china drama. These drama are 2010 releases.

#37 twong

twong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

Hi, everyone! I watched a bunch of movie series in the 80s and 90s but can hardly remember much about them. I've been unsuccessfully trying to find the title to this wuxia series for the longest time.. I hope someone knows what I'm talking about here.

The story follows one boy who grows up and learns kung fu. He starts from no skill at all to becoming the #1 master when the series ends. He learns a bit from some people.. ten he meets and learns from the 4 best masters who are equal in skill (they always compete with each other but nobody ever wins).. one is the old man who is skilled when he drinks, one is the bad guy in the movie who wants to kill everyone and be #1, one is a rich guy who has a beautiful daughter that the main character of the series falls in love with, and i think the last one is the very old man with long white hair and white beard that seems to be in alot of movies.

It's a drama, but also a funny comedy. it's definitely in Mandarin.

any ideas??

#38 baybeehxsleepi

baybeehxsleepi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

meteor shower, gong/palace jade lock heart, sunshine happiness, infernal lover

Edited by baybeehxsleepi, 03 July 2011 - 12:01 AM.

#39 Xakura

Xakura

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

Schemes of a Beauty is a really nice one. Just finished it a few days ago. It has been a long time ago that I watched a nice drama serie. Normally I watch a drama serie and get bored quickly or their is no good story line. But this drama is really nice, good story line, good actors, lots of drama and you want to see how things will continue and end till the end.

#40 嘉味George

嘉味George

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

《当青春期遇上更年期》,杜淳马伊琍主演,非常不错哦~~
"When adolescents encounter menopause", starring Mai-li Chun Du, very good.

Hello! Can somebody reccomend mainland drama about modern live? I watched a lot of historical dramas but recently i've started watching Meteor shower and now I want to try modern mainland dramas.
Thanks in advance

Mainland drama about modern live will undoubtly be in relation with complex contradiction about wife and husband's mother. You sure you can understand that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users