Three sworn brothers, Yu Hao, Shan Zi, and
Yang Xiong Qi, are delinquents, fighting to gain
what they want, though they have never officially
joined any triads yet. Their leader Yu Hao falls for
Xiao Yan Zi, who is the opposite of everything that
the boys are. She is from a family with very good
background and has a bright future as a budding
pianist. An ambush on Yu Hao by a rival gang
brings them together when Yan Zi saves Yu Hao.
They fall in love and Yu Hao, in a bid to protect
Yan Zi, ends up joining the triads in order to get
protection.

Cast:

Posted ImageLan Cheng Long as Dan Zi

Michael Zhang as Ah QiPosted Image

Posted ImageDylan Kuo as Yu Hao

Ady An as Pei Yu YanPosted Image

Joelle Lu as Hong DouPosted Image

Posted ImageDai Jun Zhu asShao Xiao Die

Watch w/subs
Viikii

OST
Posted Image
1. Opening theme: Jenny Yang - Unfair
2. Juwita Suwito - Breathe Again
3. Instrumental - The Song of Yan's Words
4. Chen Da Wei - Till The End (Yu Hao's Song)
5. Chen Da Wei - Bed Time Story (Dan Zi's Song)
6. Instrumental - The Song About Us
7. Dylan Guo - Give Up
8. Instrumental - Unfair (Xiao Yan Zi's Melody)
9. Cai Qin - Childhood Memory
10. Instrumental - Lydia
11. Ady An - Unfair
12. Instrumental - Bed Time Story
13. Instrumental - Give Up
14. Wu Jia Hui - My One and Only (Ah Qi and Hung Dou Theme)
15. Instrumental: Moment of Departing
16. Ending theme: F.I.R - Lydia

Gallery
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Official Site

information taken from dramawiki

Edited by Tiffiany_45, 04 April 2009 - 04:15 AM.

#2 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 February 2004 - 10:04 PM

haha... same as before .... that blue's character is like lei from MG

#3 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 February 2004 - 11:49 PM

Blue is the guy that plays the quiet one in fightingfish.... he is also barbie hsu's BF (real life) and he played in MG as well... he was DMS's cousin remember?

and lei is the one that is in F4....hmm.... he is also the quiet on in MG and he is the one that likes SC in MG.... DMS and lei would get in fights because of Shan cai

Edited by Chinesebabygurl, 01 February 2004 - 11:49 PM.

#4 Guests

• Guests

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:22 PM

o0o0o0 shocking hehe I didn't know that Barbie and Blue were a couple. (how slow can I be haha) How long have they've been together? I'm pretty hooked up to this series now lolz
Does anyone know how many episodes this series have in all?
and can anyone provide some info or websites of Guo Pin Chao

#5 ladysnowy7355

ladysnowy7355

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:13 AM

this series is very interesting, i love the song they play in the series. the main actor he is soooooo cute! and the main actress she's pretty! has anoyone finish seeing this series........ will it have a happy ending??? i really hope so, they look so cute together.....

#6 Guests

• Guests

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:35 AM

i also hooked up with this series, so cool, almost finish it, just a few more episode, but from what i heard this is a sad ending, they still shooting part 2, hope that part 2 will be a happy one

#7 ladysnowy7355

ladysnowy7355

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:36 AM

really it will be a sad ending??? awwwweee.......... but would you please let me know the ending when you're done watching. Thank you! there is a part two to this series?????? oh, that is so cool, will be looking forward to it. i really love this series......

#8 Guests

• Guests

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:09 PM

someone's gonna die on the ending...
I love the song Lydia!!! I started liking it..when i first heard the song!!

#9 ladysnowy7355

ladysnowy7355

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

i know, this series is so good with such a sad ending...... i really love all the song they play in this series, especially the english one. anyone know whats the title of it and who sings it...... THANKS!

#10 no0ne

no0ne

shinhwa angel

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:03 AM

when i first heard about the series..
i was like okay..
but by the time i watched it..
i got so hooked!!!
its soo soo awesome..
the story is soo cool..
i like this series a lot

#11 no0ne

no0ne

shinhwa angel

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:04 AM

someone's gonna die on the ending...
I love the song Lydia!!! I started liking it..when i first heard the song!!

someones gonna die??
who???
oh im totally excited..

yes i like f.i.r.'s lydia!!
nice..
powerful..
terrific

#12 ladysnowy7355

ladysnowy7355

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:31 AM

someones gonna die??
who???
oh im totally excited..

yes i like f.i.r.'s lydia!!
nice..
powerful..
terrific

yea unfortunately somone is going to die....... it's pooooo-hoooooo poooo-hooooooo Yu Hao. it's so sad when he died!!! not only did he died but Hong Dou died too. this is just a sad sad series, i really do hope part II will be release soon...

Edited by ladysnowy7355, 19 June 2004 - 03:36 AM.

#13 ladysnowy7355

ladysnowy7355

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:13 PM

thanks for sharing no0ne...
does anyone have pix of Iron and Ady??? can you please post some, Thanks!!!

#14 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:31 AM

OmG, this is the best series out there! lolx you guyz really have to watch this. :D, There are more information on TvSeriesFan.com

Cast:
Yu Hao/Xiao Yu/Hao Ge (portrayed Guo Pin Chao)
Male, 19 years old, lonely and arrogant personality but toward his buddies, he is extremely loyal. He, who seems to be cold and ruthless, has deep feelings towards Yu Yan. Even though the buddies by his side and the gang's leader advises him not to take her along by his side and mess things up, yet Hao won't listen. For this, he even goes so far as gets into conflicts with Li Jie time and again.

Pei Yu Yan (portrayed by An Yi Xuan)
Female, 17 years old, second year student at Ying Da High School. Elegant and delicate appearance and because her name has the character "Yan", therefore, the students give her the nickname of Xiao Yan Zi or Small Swallow. Yu Yan has always grown up in a pure and simple environment. She is innocent and naïve toward the affairs of the world. Yet all of this changes when she accidentally meets up Yu Hao. She regards love as the way of kindling life.

Dan Li Jie/Dan Zi (portrayed Lan Zheng Long)
Male, 19 years old, adoptive son of Geng Ji Xiong. Intelligent and cool-headed personality, a character who acts the image of a military expert. For the matter on Yu Yan, he urges Yu Hao time and again. When Yu Hao gets bullied and ruined a big event because of Yu Yan, causing one of their buddies to be snatched away by the slip of a piece of paper, Dan Zi couldn't stand it any longer and separated with Yu Hao, saying that they will no longer be acquainted with one another. But when Yan Zi left because of him and got trampled on when she didn't have any protection, Dan Zi returned again.

Hong Dou (portrayed by Lu Ming Jun)
Female, about 17 years old, second year student at Ying Da High School, vicious personality. At first, because she was jealous of Yu Hao liking Yan Zi, she was always bringing trouble for Yan Zi. But after Yan Zi gets together Yu Hao and the two of them started getting familiar with each other, Hong Dou lost interested in everything and with her personality of speaking whatever is in her mind, she gradually became familiar with Yan Zi and the two of them becomes good friends.

Yang Xun Qi/Ah Qi (portrayed by Zhang Xun Jie)
Male, 19 years old, has been good buddies with Yu Hao and Li Jie since young. After growing up, he also follows the other two around. With regards to Hao, he obeys him to the extreme. Rash and frank personality. Thinks himself as carefree and unrestrained, he constantly changes girlfriends to show the difference of style between him and his buddies. Later he becomes a couple with Hong Dou and the two of them are always fighting around all day long.

Shao Xiao Die (portrayed Dai Jun Zhu)
Female. When Yu Hao meets her, she was just the age of Yu Yan -- a 17 year old who would make a person's heart move impulsively. Because her father sinks into gambling and owing money to Zhuang Ju Kuan, Xiao Die was forced to work at a hotel. But on the first day that she arrives at the hotel, she meets with Yu Hao. Xiao Die's neat and elegant appearance seems extremely like Yu Yan and caused Yu Hao to step in and save her. From then on, Xiao Die has been totally bewildered and enchanted by Yu Hao.

Summary:
"Fighting Fish" has a strong cast, including Guo Pin Chao, Lan Zheng Long, An Yi Xuan, Lu Ming Jun. And the show's bad guy, "Lao Shu", is played by Ah Pang, who has played the generous and upright characters in idol dramas all along. The whole story describes a group of best buddies that grew up in a village that mixed together since they were young and continued on until they grew up to be the leader of a gang. And Guo Pin Chao's character, because of falling in love with the standard criteria of a social class, obedient girl (played by An Yi Xuan), he struggles between the mafia and love. The drama of "Fighting Fish" is full of real emotional, hot-blooded characters. There will also be a lot of fighting and racing car scenes. Moreover, it will have a satisfying ending that is different than the ordinary idol dramas. Fans of idol dramas would really have something to look forward to.

An Yi Xuan and Guo Pin Chao, who has to play the part of a couple in a bitter love, with regards to acting in an idol drama that is in the background of the mafia, they are both nervous and excited. Especially Guo Pin Chao, because this type of performance is totally different than his acting experience from the past. Moreover, this is his own main role. Guo Pin Chao has very seriously watched all the Hong Kong movies that portrays "gangsters". In addition, he took the initiative to request the company to allow him to take some acting classes. People in the company recommended that he pay attention on the part of expressing emotions through the eyes. An Yi Xuan expresses that she feels a lot of pressure when acting together with Lan Zheng Long, who has lots of acting experience. In the drama, An Yi Xuan has to act out the part of an obedient girl who loves to play the piano. Until the day that she meets up with Guo Pin Chao, the power of love actually causes her to decide to elope. Later she slowly changes to the personality of a tough “big sister.” From beginning to the end, her personality changes enormously and it is a big challenge.

As for Lan Zheng Long, who has been constantly filming recently, working on an idol drama at his girlfriend, Da S's GTV, believe that his girlfriend would definitely energetically publicize the drama on her own directed show "Yu Le Bai Fen Bai." In "Fighting Fish", Lan Zheng Long plays the character of the military expert that is by Guo Pin Chao's side. He does things with a cool head and doesn't speak much until it reaches the most important moment which is in accordance with his own private image. Liu Ming Jun, who started out as a model, this is her second drama after her part in The Rose and her performance is awaited by all. In "Fighting Fish", Liu Ming Jun would be playing the part of a frank, gangster girl. Her personality is ruthless like Karen Mok's role in the movie, Young and Dangerous.

The bad guy who is played by Ah Pang was directly recruited by the director of "Fighting Fish", Ke Qin Jing. Because Director Ke saw Ah Pang's other performances, he really admires him and for this reason, he appointed Ah Pang to play the role of the bad guy. Ah Pang says that being able to get away from his usual image and act the part of a bad guy, he is also very excited. The whole drama with the original cast of "Ma La Xian Shi", Du Man Ni Production Company and GTV Company, signed a contract to film. It is believed that this will surely be able to grab the "appetite" of the young spectators.

Edited by Pink89BeBe, 25 June 2004 - 12:40 AM.

#15 shy

shy

professional slacker

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:43 PM

i love the design of the tattoo that ady got for ah hao.

what a sad ending. i couldn't stop crying when ah hao died.

#16 mmym25

mmym25

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:17 AM

Does anyone have a script of this series (The Outsiders)? My friend's CRAZY about this and I wanted to help her find the script. She already has the orig soundtrack that she bought from YesAsia and the whole tv series is already available at Mei-Ah in Ongpin unfortunately, no Eng sub. It's already being shown locally in Manila at Channel 5, 5pm everyday.

If you have any idea where I can find the script please let me know at mmym25@hotmail.com.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
M

Edited by mmym25, 22 July 2004 - 04:18 AM.

#17 Guests

• Guests

Posted 23 July 2004 - 12:15 PM

What the title of the theme song?

I kinda like this series as the ending is very much different from other Taiwanese idol series. By the way, the three male leads are exceptional and the storyline are amazing. This is definitely the best gangster genre tv series that i've watched for years... :worship

Edited by tammiest, 09 December 2007 - 07:12 PM.
Requests for downloads are not permitted outside of the Download Section

#18 shy

shy

professional slacker

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:34 PM

What the title of the theme song? If possible can you guys give me a link where i can actually ahem.. *cough* download *cough* it?

the theme song is 'lydia' sung by F.I.R.

#19 dreamstar

dreamstar

<3 FTTS vol.7;

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2453 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 02:51 PM

whao..
my friend said that this series is good and sad...
the main girl.. is it Faye from F.I.R?? cos I heard someone said that its her.. *shrugs*

#20 Guests

• Guests

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:02 PM

Does anyone have a script of this series (The Outsiders)?  My friend's CRAZY about this and I wanted to help her find the script.  She already has the orig soundtrack that she bought from YesAsia and the whole tv series is already available at Mei-Ah in Ongpin unfortunately, no Eng sub.  It's already being shown locally in Manila at Channel 5, 5pm everyday.

If you have any idea where I can find the script please let me know at mmym25@hotmail.com.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
M

i had already searched for the scriptbut i cant find even episode guide i only found the synopsis here... correction the time slot of The Outsiders in ABC is 6:30 not 5:00...

By the who is the other guy who died? is he the other friend of Blue And Ah Hao in The Outsiders? Whats the story of the Outsiders 2? I heard that it happened during Blue's imprisonment that's why he's not included in the cast of the Outsiders 2.... there is also a rumor that its about the time when ah Hao and Ady's child grows up and iron played the child that's why he's in the cast...

by the way just want to ask why was Blue imprisoned? Why did Ah hao died at the end of the series?

If anyone wants to have the mp3 of Lydia by FIR just e-mail me here mieren_07@yahoo.co.uk and i will send it to you..... :loool:

#21 leilaleigh

leilaleigh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 02:58 PM

whao..
my friend said that this series is good and sad...
the main girl.. is it Faye from F.I.R?? cos I heard someone said that its her.. *shrugs*

she's Ady An Yi Xuan..and i think she and Irons look very good together! blush

#22 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 August 2004 - 03:55 PM

By the who is the other guy who died? is he the other friend of Blue And Ah Hao in The Outsiders? Whats the story of the Outsiders 2?

by the way just want to ask why was Blue imprisoned? Why did Ah hao died at the end of the series?

You have lotta questions there pal! Anyway, i'll try my utmost effort (my mandarin isn't that good so i might be wrong!)

'Whats the story of the Outsiders 2?'
- No idea there. Perhaps wait till they aired it? ^_^'

'by the way just want to ask why was Blue imprisoned?'
- He committed a murder. There's one episode where Ah Hao's gf was raped and Blue killed the man in revenge. Ah Hao was not informed about the incident as his buddies were afraid that he might gone mad. Furthermore, he was knocked out drunk at the time of the incident. They hired Blue a good lawyer to fight for his case and make claims that Blue was acting on self defense. In the end, Blue was sentenced to 7 years of prison (although he came out early..)

'Why did Ah hao died at the end of the series?'
- because he was killed? Nah.. simply because he was set up by the Mouse and his big bro at the pier/jetty. He was supposed to sent a Mainland girl back to her home country without noticing that Mouse and compatriots were expecting him. The leader of the triad was also involved in the dirty scam as he viewed Ah Hao as a competitor to his reign as big boss.

Whew... hope it helps there....

#23 ~Xiao A~

~Xiao A~

meTeoR dreaMers

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:33 PM

Main Cast Guo Pin Chao and An Xi Yuan to guest this week on ASOS 100% entertainment...

different days...but nevertheless, it's still them...

2004/08/05 (四)安以軒 (An Xi Yuan)

2004/08/06 (五)郭品超 (Guo Pin Chao)

#24 Guests

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:58 PM

You have lotta questions there pal! Anyway, i'll try my utmost effort (my mandarin isn't that good so i might be wrong!)

Whew... hope it helps there....

thanks a lot for the info... im just curious because the outsiders had just started... wat happened to Ady at the end of the series?

by the way, is it true that Guo Pin Chao changed his englisah name from Irons Kwok to Dylan Kuo? Is it also true that his album will be released on Aug. 6?

Edited by tammiest, 09 December 2007 - 07:12 PM.
Please don't quote long posts in replies :)

#25 layziehuong

layziehuong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:47 PM

i'm watching this right now and it's really interesting!!!!!!!!!!!! that girl, An Yi Xuan, surely changes so quick .. she just all of a sudden becomes a gangster girl!! well, i haven't finished this yet .. but it's like the love between An Yi Xuan & Guo Pin Chao is just fading slowly and slowly .. that's just really sad .. as for Guo Pin Chao, i dont think he's a very understanding person at all .. he needs to learn to think before he does anything ..

i thought them 3 best friends joining the gangster was a big mistake!! they could've just go to the police or maybe leave the country .. or something .. joining the gang just ruin the whole life and affected others greatly!!

well, everyone did a really wonderful job playing their roles .. the 3rd guy of the 3 best friends who isn't very smart .. well, that guy, i dont think he did a very good job, but he was alright ..

#26 layziehuong

layziehuong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:09 AM

can anyone please give me the site of this serie?? you know, the serie's site .. i had the site, but i lost it =[ so please help me out!

#27 Guests

• Guests

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

wat happened to Ady at the end of the series?

Ady is pregnant with Ah Hao's son. She eventually worked as a kindergarden teacher, which is very much like her ambition. Blue has been accompanying her all the while but their relationship is nothing more than good friends. Btw, Blue has successfully become a lawyer.

In one strange day, they stumbled across the Mainland girl (sorry, i 4got her name) who is partially responsible for Ah Hao's death. Little did they know that she's the one who eventually avenge Ah Hao's death. That's all for the story.

In regard to Guo Pin Chao's album release, i have no clue... blush

#28 Guests

• Guests

Posted 09 August 2004 - 04:23 AM

by the way, is it true that Guo Pin Chao changed his englisah name from Irons Kwok to Dylan Kuo? Is it also true that his album will be released on Aug. 6?

yes he did changed his name to dylan, and yes he released his first album last august 6, i created a thread for him in the taiwanese male

#29 HongYu

HongYu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:10 AM

can anyone please give me the site of this serie?? you know, the serie's site .. i had the site, but i lost it =[ so please help me out!

here's the official site...if that's the one you're looking for

http://www.gtv.com.t...S051420031031U/

Edited by HongYu, 21 August 2004 - 09:10 AM.

#30 vanness_gf

vanness_gf

meTeoR dreaMers

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:05 PM

Pls give me the title of the other song?? I also love it. :wasntme

#31 Guests

• Guests

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:27 AM

i've listed some songs from the series (with vocal), don't know if i missed any
opening song - Bu Kong Ping (Unfair) by Jenny Yang
ending song - Lydia by F.I.R.
insert songs
breathe again by Juwia Suwito
Til the End by Chen Da Wei
Fang Qi (give up) by kuo ping chao
Bed Time Story by Chen Da Wei

#32 lilyella

lilyella

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 03:15 PM

i love this series. i even bought a cd and a photobook of this series. some of the cast members guested on Happy Sunday just a few minutes ago. Dylan was so shy while he was being interviewed.

#33 JustSassy

JustSassy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:12 PM

Does the guy that plays Dan Zi (Lan Zheng Long) have an English name? I really like his character in this series...so shy!

#34 Guests

• Guests

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:34 AM

hello to all my fwrens here!!! im back!!! i've been busy this past few months...thats why... :(

nwey... i've been watching this serie almost two weeks now... and its really good.. its like MG.. i really like adrew here... so cool..hehehe.. blue is like hua ze lei's character... and victor is asz...with of course.. princess fei is like barbie.. hehe...

i watch it every nignt even if the timeslot is too late at night! heheh.. really love the story...

im in the part where victor stab himself so the leader of the gangster won't kill them...:(

#35 babyguh

babyguh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:50 AM

im watchin this now in viet verion and yes it reminds me of MG jus gangstaish and ghetot haha but heyy dylan Kuo is cuute he sings too ima try to get the albulm and FIR is jus great with Lydia Ive got their whole CD too....chinesebabygurl....need help translating for daddicts?.... i mite b able to translate my viet ersion for u....pm me....

#36 francesca

francesca

Retired AF Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:40 PM

Would anyone know where I could download clips from this series? It doesn't have to be the whole episode. Little extracts are just fine.

cant help you with the clips download..but we have a gallery for The outsiders here in AF. blush

THE OUTSIDERS GALLERY. you are all welcome to upload screencaps & other stills there. my only request is that you upload a picture at least 200x200 pixels. thanks.

Edited by francesca, 14 September 2004 - 03:23 PM.

#37 Guests

• Guests

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the link Francesca. Where can i get the wallpaper then (800x600 or more)? ^_^'

I love the beginning and ending part of the series. The rebellious school days, how Dylan woo the chick and of course the tragic ending. The middle part of the story is a bit dull tho..

#38 pyt_vty

pyt_vty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:50 PM

Lan Zheng Long's english name is BLUE...
Posted Image

Closer look at BLUE...
Posted Image

#39 francesca

francesca

Retired AF Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9333 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the link Francesca. Where can i get the wallpaper then (800x600 or more)?  ^_^'

i think i uploaded 3 wallpapers there :) Just click the thumbnails to get full-size pics

#40 Guests

• Guests

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:39 AM

thanks kay... :lol?:
im glad you like it even if my shot is not good... you see.. its hard to capture pics from the television.. ^_^'

nwey, they are part of the gangster now and stated to kill some people... the scene is really disheartening... why the story turned out to be like that... :shock i mean... its very mean...there are "killing" involve in they story.. i thought its more like MG.. :noclue ... i hope its more on a love story. :down

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)