AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

korean actresses have beautiful skin?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 justm_e

justm_e

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

i have noticed that of all of the Korean drama i watched, almost all the korean actress got such beautiful & smooth skin(even those co-stars middled age women have pretty good skin!), even the guys' skin are as beautiful as the women, is it because of the markup?? most actresses from TVB got so many wrinkles, blackmarks in which i could see clearly through their markup.

#2 LalaTinky

LalaTinky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:17 PM

i've noticed that too. i've always wanted to know the answer for that. sorry for not being much help

#3 aly8887

aly8887

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

I noticed that too... :whistle Personally I think it's because of all the make up and also the whitening products they put on there face... ^_^' from what I've been told...they have a pretty good face washing regime... I think they wash thier face 2-3 times - 3 times a day....lol don't know if that's true though... ^_^'

#4 Kayem

Kayem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, I too have noticed that in many dramas. Although I really want to believe that Song Hye Kyo and Choi Ji Woo have the best skin, they probably don't. The guys I really don't believe have great skin underneath all that makeup. What I've noticed with the guys is that the makeup is usually very white and unattractive even though it evens out their skin tone. If you've ever watched closely in kdramas, when the guys faces are put under certain lightings, you can actually see the bumps and the unsmoothness that they have.

#5 angelgirl_giselle

angelgirl_giselle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of actors and actresses faces are much lighter than their skin tone say on their neck or arms. It's definitely the makeup.

#6 Super_Fan

Super_Fan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:42 AM

Not just Korean, most asian actresses are known for their beautiful skin.
I've never seen an asian actress with pimply or bad skin.

#7 Guest_Astromantic_*

Guest_Astromantic_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:53 AM

Maybe its genetics! LOL

#8 nickynisa

nickynisa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:10 AM

seems that all of them have good skin.. probably not all of them depends on make up.. maybe some really have beautiful skin.. i believe that song hye kyo really have beautiful skin

#9 endurance

endurance

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:45 AM

Yoon Eun Hye :iloveyou: no makeup

http://imageshack is not allowed anymore.us

http://imageshack is not allowed anymore.us

#10 Magneto

Magneto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 12:28 AM

Not just Korean Actresses. All Asians Actresses have beautiful skin!

#11 Midnight.Fantasy

Midnight.Fantasy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:57 AM

hmm its tru that asian people have less skin problems than western people. I live in aus and all my friends are like, complaining how they got so many pimples, dry skin, bad skin etc. im asian and i dont tend to have that many problems with skin. Of course actresses want to look perfect on screen so they probly have pretty good skin PLUS make up so that it looks flawless. so i think both natural and make-up is the deal.

#12 SwEEtCandie

SwEEtCandie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:26 PM

it's also due to the weather in Korea... like they never get tan skin

#13 saigono_heartbreak

saigono_heartbreak

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:03 PM

it's also due to the weather in Korea... like they never get tan skin

yEAP MY Parents say the exact things, that Korea has a nice weather :) thats why their skin are so nice.

#14 PHAMIE0

PHAMIE0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:20 AM

from that I heard is that theres this trend in Korea where they taKE "white baths" ...like they put chemicals in there that makes their skin whiter in another word it bleaches your skin and thats how ppl in vietnam are copying them ..and it does look really nice but I heard you can get cancer if you do it too much..

#15 bluer10

bluer10

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:43 AM

from that I heard is that theres this trend in Korea where they taKE "white baths" ...like they put chemicals in there that makes their skin whiter in another word it bleaches your skin and thats how ppl in vietnam are copying them ..and it does look really nice but I heard you can get cancer if you do it too much..

That's totally truth. I work in the pharmaceutical field so I know when they bleach their skin, they also destroy their protection shield from sunlight :noclue :noclue :noclue (skin: epidermis). Oh my my but I love their skin, especially Eugene and Yu Ri :iloveyou: :blush :dance

Edited by bluer10, 25 February 2007 - 03:47 AM.

#16 KrazySchoolGirl

KrazySchoolGirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:46 AM

Kim Tae Hee does have black spots on her nose. I saw it in a close-up from Lovers in Paris. If you're curious, it's when Kim Tae Hee throws Kim Rae Won a football and he comes in to kiss her, there's a close-up of her nose.

#17 floakatrixie

floakatrixie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

I think you are talking about the series "Love Story in Harvard" instead of "Lovers in Paris" where Kim Tae Hee and Kim Rae Won acted in.

#18 Bonjour

Bonjour

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:28 AM

Good example of make-up on a man would be Rain in Full House. You can see the bumps most when they're in the dining room and it's day. (Quite a few times) Song Hye Kyo, not as much. Most of the time, you can noticed the pimples if the lighting is right.

#19 li qian

li qian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:39 AM

my dear Kim Sun Ah unnie have smooth and white skin,i guess,it's because of the weather in Souh Korea,a lot of people from that country are always cautious with thei food. and Korea have some of the best beauty proucts,too. and besides,Suna unnie have a happy disposition in life. :P

http://img134.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/my.php?image=vhws2203bk11qo5.jpg

#20 ♥hippo-holic♥

♥hippo-holic♥

-certified Seomate-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5583 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:41 AM

Asian Females really have beautiful skin.

For male actors that have beautiful skin i really think its lee dong wook he is even called milk boy bcoz of his smooth & beautiful skin.

Its up to people anyway on how they take care of there skin.

But i really recommend not wearing make-up.
Some people already have beautiful skin ever since they were born not just actors or actresses.

#21 QUEENofQUEENS

QUEENofQUEENS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

i think it's mostly base makeup and lightning. also for pictures..it's airbrushed most the time.
but i think a lot of them do have fairly nice pale skin.

#22 nadare

nadare

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:00 AM

i find that korean girls are very pretty in general...japanese girls as well. they tend to have really good features :)

#23 pink-lily

pink-lily

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:50 AM

:thumbsup i agree with everyone, b/c when you take all what you've all said... it's basically the general facts that makes the actors and actresses looks beautiful... make up, climate/weather, chemical used to bleach skin, genetics, how you take care of your face/skin..... and many more.... all this together does help your skin to look more smoother and whatever you called it.... but i think some people just have like the perfect skin w/out any of those.... so i think it's either and or.....heheheh :tricky:

#24 kinside

kinside

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, I too have noticed that in many dramas. Although I really want to believe that Song Hye Kyo and Choi Ji Woo have the best skin, they probably don't. The guys I really don't believe have great skin underneath all that makeup. What I've noticed with the guys is that the makeup is usually very white and unattractive even though it evens out their skin tone. If you've ever watched closely in kdramas, when the guys faces are put under certain lightings, you can actually see the bumps and the unsmoothness that they have.

Song Hye Kyo and Choi Ji Woo do have the best skin. You can believe that. Good skin is one of the most important qualifications to be a actress in Korea. see the picture in here

Edited by kinside, 02 March 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#25 youmeme

youmeme

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:55 AM

Lee Da Hae looks like she has great skin too (I have not seen any bumps during close-ups in My Girl). But, no matter what, actors and actresses are normal people too. Imagine having to put on heavy makeup for shooting, the long hours, stress etc.. - no matter how great your skin is, it's bound to have breakouts once in a while.

#26 hazeL_gReeN

hazeL_gReeN

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:33 AM

I think I have some pics from K-artist in "before & after faces"
would u like to see the difference?

Yoon Eun Hye
http://img68.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img68/8329/106dt5.jpghttp://img68.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img68/1194/7eh06302wssd0.jpg

Jang Na Ra
http://img141.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img141/1649/narala1.jpg

Chae Rim
http://img153.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img153/5052/chaerimwc5.jpg

credit: IndoHanguk.net

#27 K-to-the-J-pop

K-to-the-J-pop

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:38 AM

THey probably use make up but not alot though. I'm asian, and I DO NOT HAVE NICE SKIN! Then again it probably going through the puberty stage.

#28 Grayson

Grayson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:28 PM

i think it's mostly base makeup and lightning. also for pictures..it's airbrushed most the time.
but i think a lot of them do have fairly nice pale skin.

Most korean women are quite pretty, but they all look alike, the same plasrtic surgeon did a bad injustice to them making his works resembles each other. People, you are watching television, it visual, not what you see reality, its all make belief, makeup, makeup and more makeup.

Edited by Grayson, 09 March 2007 - 08:34 PM.

#29 *Susan*

*Susan*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

I think that if you are star you would usually do something with your skin anyways. Some people use a lot of makeup others take creams or even resort to surgery. There are probably some that have really nice skin but there skin isn't exactly flawless so they would put makeup since appearance is "everthing" in the entertainment circle. I bet there are actresses and actors with bad skin but I do believe that asians overall do have pretty fair skin once they pass puberty.

#30 G0LDF15H87

G0LDF15H87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:29 AM

anybody know what brands of kinds of beauty products these stars used, if thats what enhances their beauty?? i would really love to know!

#31 tyeyin

tyeyin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

Korea weather is good .. I been in korea before n when I was there totally no pimple on my face ...

Not only that the food they eat also very healthy ...

Korea weather is good .. I been in korea before n when I was there totally no pimple on my face ...

Not only that the food they eat also very healthy ...

#32 jenni010

jenni010

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

i had this dvd where it shows the makings of hyoris commercial and in one of them it had hyori doing a commercial for Doves chocolate and in it you can clearly see these bumps under her eyes and yeah when you look at the makings you can see it but when you look at the actual clip its been airbrushed off. but got to hand it to her shes always GLAM

#33 Annjhelica

Annjhelica

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2814 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:06 AM

naah. i reckon, it's because when you're an artist, you can afford to do facials and stuff.. specially in korea.. it is really cheap. anyhows, koreans were really beautiful-skinned people.. except to those others... it's part of the genes in korea.. i also reckon it's because the food they eat.. they love fresh veggies and stuffs.. thats why..

#34 cutieroo

cutieroo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:32 AM

Normally it IS in fact due to make up. Because even the actresses/actors with the most perfect skin wears a bit of foundation. and you really can't tell from their neckline to see if they have makeup on or not because the professional make up artists also color the neck in a similar color to the foundation so that you cannot tell.

#35 bootyfulazngirl

bootyfulazngirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

My aunt used to be an actress back in Viet Nam. It's all makeup. When you're on camera, production always wants your face to "pop". Makeup goes a long way. Even if the actor or actress has "perfect" skin...makeup will enhance and thats what they want. They want to market and show off the actor & actresses as flawless creatures. Trust me...in the Hollywood world they pack on so much make up on you that even if you came in with perfect skin, you come out with really BAD lookin skin afterwards

#36 i am DALKI

i am DALKI

"this is CONSPIRACY!!"

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:27 PM

oh well because they are celebrities and duh...Money. :P they can do facials and etcetera :)
i envy kim tae hee and Han Ga in's skin!

#37 calvintcl

calvintcl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:07 PM

I think not just korean, most of the asian women either from japan, China or even India have beautiful skin...

#38 take4ever_xx

take4ever_xx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:30 AM

a bit of both,
but then again, most celebrities anywhere DO have good skin,
because if you're in the spotlight,
no one really wants to see a ton of pimples on your face [no offense]

#39 Kaiyo Kun =^.^=

Kaiyo Kun =^.^=

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

they use good makeup and asian people have great skin , all asians i know have flawless skin ^^
it hase to do with the food they eat how they live and all that ,i think it is natural

#40 VINTAGECHARM

VINTAGECHARM

♥ j i y o n g;

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

i say they really have beautiful skin.
ive seen koreans (non-celebs) up close and their faces were flawless.
so i average people got that face then celebs should also be flawless. they can afford 82094283402 facials cremes and whatnots.