AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Habit] Girls and removing their shoes - Is it a habit?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#1 gilllllllian

gilllllllian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

This is just something that I've noticed about girls and I just want to see what you guys think of it?

Has anyone noticed that whether at school, work, or the mall, many girls seem to like to take off their shoes? This is somethign I noticed, particularly in asian girls, and it tends to happen in public places. I have nothing against this or anything, in fact, I find it quite cute actually, but it's just something that I find interesting to think about. (I'm a guy)

For example,
one time at the mall I saw a couple sitting down on one of the benches along the aisle s of the mall and the guy was sitting in a normal position facing the girl, and the girl had her shoes off (runners) and sat cross legged on the bench facing the guy while they were chatting

another time, in my lecture hall at my university, this girl was sitting with her friends, and her runners were off and she sat cross-legged on the seat in her socks while taking notes.

My gf was sitting in the passenger seat of my car and while talking to her she took off her shoes and sat in her socks (either cross legged, or feet a bit to the sideof the seat) and continued teh chat. I find it quite cute, and not offensive at all because girls who do this usually have clean, colourful socks, not dirty ones.
Another thing I was just curious, how the hell do girls keep their socks so clean and white? Like many of the times I see girls with their shoes off, their socks, if they are white, are clean as hell. Doesn't it get dirty no matter how many times u wash it?

Anyways back to the topic, does anyone else notice this too? Girls, do you guys tend to do this? Is there something in the female gene that causes them to be more "comfortable" in public areas? I know some guys do it too, but girls do it way more often.

See, when a girl where's sandals or high heels, I see this type of thing all the time. It's interesting to see it happen with sneakers to because they aren't as simple to slip off as sandals are.

These examples are just a couple of the hundreds of times I've seen it happen. Mostly at my university, and occasionally at the mall.

#2 Guest_whitemoonlight_*

Guest_whitemoonlight_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:26 PM

feels more comfy. high heels tend to hurt ankles and sandals well soemtmes they rub in the skin at the sides =P

#3 princessducky

princessducky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:08 AM

I do it all the time cause it is so much more comfortable. Plus if I sit crossed legged I don't want to get my pant or the seat dirty so I take off my shoes. Maybe girls do it more than guys cause girls don't have stinky feet like alot of guys do.

#4 gilllllllian

gilllllllian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

princessducky are you referring to sneakers? Or high heels/flats/sandals? Just wondering because I find it interesting that even sneakers are taken off because they are generally not as convenient to remove as high heels/flats/sandals.
I've seen a lot of girls do i with sneakers at school, flats, heels, everything. Just find it funny how it's more of a girl thing, they have no qualms about doing this in public, not that there's anything wrong as long as you don't have any nasty foot odour or something.
And yeah I don't think smell is a problem as I've seen a lot of girls (more noticeably asians) sitting close to other people take off their shoes and sit in their socks. Even in close quarters situations people dont seem to have any problems. For instance, there was that time in my car chatting with my gf, she was in the passenger seat when she was wearing her pink nike shox and blue ankle socks and while casually talking to me, she just slips off both shoes and has her socked feet on her seat next to her in a half crosslegged half crouched position maybe less than 3 feet away from me and continued talking. There was no smell or anything, looks like most girls are gifted :P

what can I say, im observant and i ask weird questions ;)

#5 J00CiiEx

J00CiiEx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

yeahh
i dont know why its a habit
i tend to take mine off too

#6 Michelle.

Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7403 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:42 AM

Well maybe because some girls wear high heels and they aren't all that comfortable.
So whenever they get the chance to sit down, they'll take them off slightly as it feels better.
I wear running shoes most of the time so I don't need to take them off.

#7 fukwailui

fukwailui

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:36 AM

I hardly ever remove my shoes! Only when crossing my legs.. Cos then the shoes dig into my ankles and start to hurt...

#8 swallow_046

swallow_046

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

not just asian. i think its due to female has a habit of buying shoes that are too small or just perfect. with that your feet needs to "rest" or maybe its better than wearing heal

#9 SwTbaByGuRL5i0

SwTbaByGuRL5i0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

umm...i'm a girl and i sometimes take my feet off my flip flops and heels (when i don't have socks) but i have never done it with sneakers because feets get stinky after getting in sneakers =D that's what i call stinky feet....lol, that's why i give people dirty looks to signal them to put their shoes back on cause their feet stank...

#10 小 安

小 安

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:52 PM

i wonder if its because a lot of asian households have the "shoes off" rule in their house that we tend to take that outside our house too?
i dunno just a speculation.
i usually dont take my shoes off in public unless i was wearing sandals or something easily removable.

#11 xheyitzmex

xheyitzmex

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

Um....i only do it when i'm wearing flip flops in the summer. Now that I think about it i dunno why i do it, i guess its just easy to slip your feet off of the flip flops? And i feel more comfortable curled up in my seat. And the whole socks thing, i have no idea. I dunno how you guys can have such dirty socks??? Cuz yea, my brother's socks are really dirty compared to mine.

#12 тυχq uL

тυχq uL

ű LOVE

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

oh oh...maybe they don't want to get dirt or dust on their socks or their legs...so may be thats why they take off their shoes....im a gurl and i take my shoes off in the car so i can sit crossed leg...its comfortable though...who knoes~ crazyvoni heheh my house also has a shoe off rule but no one follows it...we wear slippers or most of the time are bare feet...the floor is cold so it feels cool in summer. our stinky shoes are lying around...heheeh my mom gets mad :)

Edited by tvFxq_lover, 05 January 2007 - 08:17 PM.

#13 choColatebite

choColatebite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

i tend to take off my shoes too, its more comfortable, and sometimes in the summer is so hot to wear shoes so when i get a break somwhere i will take off my shoes just to touch the ground as its more colder haha

#14 loveDESTROY

loveDESTROY

\(_o)/ ...what? WHAT?!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:30 PM

no shoes are way more comfortable...but not being in shoes in some strange environment where everyone and their dog may have taken a piss is not a good thing.

as for the socks....Scotch Guard. or a BIG bag of socks.

#15 mzdeviL

mzdeviL

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4511 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:19 AM

I've noticed that sometimes, I guess because for comfort.

I only take off my shoes in public when I'm wearing heels, ur feet tends to get really tired and sore when u wear heels for a long time, I take them off when we take a rest.

#16 g8g8g8

g8g8g8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:43 AM

my gf have the cutest feet and toes and she likes to show them off.

plus it is a lot more comfortable. if you can imagine the strand girl put there feet through with hills and boots and petty shoes that are simply not comfortable, than you will understand why.

#17 tiny*

tiny*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:27 AM

i don't take off my shoes in public..
unless it feels likes somethings poking me.
i take them off when i enter a house though,
does that count? (x

#18 Aino

Aino

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:32 AM

~Yawns softly~ I don't know why I'm typing at 12: 30 Am in the morning, but how do we keep our socks so clean? Hehe..we only wear them out when necessary..barefoot again, as someone mentioned it, girls are more comfortable. It's a lot more natural to see girls in many styles of shoes..than guys in sandles, ya know?

Maybe it's just a me thing, but yes..my socks look brand new. xD So..the secret is you keep your shoes clean, you keep your socks clean.

#19 candy.rain

candy.rain

Shazz

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2038 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

i do this often and my reason is because the shoes i wear KILL!!!!! ahhh the price you have to pay to look good LOL. i always end up buying shoes that get uncomfortable when I walk in it so every chance I get, i just take them off. the only shoes I don't have to do that are my trusty Havaianas =D

#20 lollie:D

lollie:D

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:35 PM

i take off my shoes when im in the cinema. also when im wearing flats/flipflops cos its easy to take out and more comfortable :) and after walking about in heels for one day, its like all sore x_x

#21 cutegirl1220

cutegirl1220

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

I find it not tah good to take off their shoes in public. But in the mall, it's fine cuz shopping around will lead ur fegs tire and both feet hurts! Girls love to take off their shoes to cool down their feets and put it back on when u feel comfortable!

#22 catbone

catbone

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:24 PM

personally if i was out in the public I would never take off my shoes....i would only take it off when i'm at my own house or when I go over to friends/family houses.

#23 joaniemaloney

joaniemaloney

blue&white forever <333

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1256 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:40 PM

I don't know, I don't normally do that although when I wear flip flops I do move them around my feet a bit but they're never really off. I guess it's more comfortable but I don't do it.:P

#24 kim88

kim88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:50 AM

I only will take them off if they're stilettos, cause my feet hurt after wearing them for a a while. But I tend to not take my shoe off, especially when I were sneakers.

#25 CooKieS'nCRemE

CooKieS'nCRemE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:59 AM

i dont like taking off my shoe, n esp AGAINST it in public
mayb it's my shoes obsession...XD

#26 monchaca

monchaca

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

from what i know, only FOBs take their shoes off in public. I only take mine off when im at my house or someone elses house (show some manners) haha yeah.

#27 gilllllllian

gilllllllian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:35 AM

just curious
recently i was at a bubble tea place with my friends, and i saw sitting at one of the tables, 2 girls and 1 guy. One end of the table sat 1 girl, and the other end was a couple, a guy and a girl. What I noticed about the girl was that she was sitting in what seemed to be a comfrotable position with her feet half folded under her, and in a half crouched position with her feet on her chair. SHe had on sneakers, wat looked liek those pink adidas superstar shoes, and she had on pink socks.

Any more opinions?

#28 QuackieChau

QuackieChau

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1931 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hm, now that you mention it, it seems like girls do tend to take their shoes off a lot. I know I do, but I usually only take off things that are easy to slip off (i.e. things without laces or zippers or fasteners of any sort). I just like to sit with my feet up and I don't want to get my pants dirty. Maybe girls are smaller and can curl up into smaller spaces (e.g. a seat in a lecture hall or movie theater).

#29 gilllllllian

gilllllllian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:23 AM

just curious
recently i was at a bubble tea place with my friends, and i saw sitting at one of the tables, 2 girls and 1 guy. One end of the table sat 1 girl, and the other end was a couple, a guy and a girl. What I noticed about the girl was that she was sitting in what seemed to be a comfrotable position with her feet half folded under her, and in a half crouched position with her feet on her chair. SHe had on sneakers, wat looked liek those pink adidas superstar shoes, and she had on pink socks.

Any more opinions?

oops forgot to mention that her shoes were on the ground, and she sat in that mentioned position in her socks.

#30 Aspire

Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6791 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:29 AM

Hmm... i only take off my shoes when I'm driving :P or at someone's house (my house as well)... other than that i don't really do so... I personally think that if girls do so in public it's kinda weird... no offense... hehe... i don't take off my shoes even if i am wearing slippers...

#31 makiyo-

makiyo-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

i tend to take of my shoes in places where i expect to be staying a while.. so that i can be more comfortable.. for example.. in movies and at other people's houses.. as for at shopping centres.. i have done this a few times as well.. as i don't want to dirty the place where i am putting my feet all over.. because i know that the seat doesn't belong to me and that other people would not want to sit somewhere where a person has just put their dirty shoes all over.. another habit for me is that i generally buy shoes that are a bit larger than they need to be.. not sure if its an asian thing.. so its really easy for me to slip my feet in and out of my shoes.. regardless of what they are..

#32 Rainie_Karen

Rainie_Karen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

I tend to take off my shoes too.
I never noticed that a lot of girls do this.
But I also only take off shoes like flip-flops or sandals, which are easy to be taken off.
I don't think I would take slippers off if I am sitting somewhere for a short time.
I also wouldn't take them off in a public place, like a restaurant or cinema, only in school probably

#33 thewonderbegins

thewonderbegins

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1985 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

Well... I don't think it's just asian girls that do it. And I haven't seen many girls walk around pubically with no shoes lol You'd just get funny looks if you paraded around town with no shoes on lol Not that I've tried.. haha =P I've seen girls do it at school though. I take off my shoes sometimes in class though.. quite a lot of girls do lol It's a random girl thing haha =P But I only do it if I'm wearing dolly shoes...

#34 sweetmimi

sweetmimi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

Mmm.... I don't take my shoes off...only when I'm at the park and in the car as its more comfortable...In disguise, its either because its comfortable of your feets are just sweating

#35 xsauhinx

xsauhinx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

hahaha yeah i never thought that guys took attention to that kind of thing. but i guess it's just because it's more comfortable- i mean, for anyone, guys would probably feel more comfortable without their shoes on (?). and it's just more the fact that girls can pull it off lol it's socially acceptable. but theres no way it would be okay for a guy to sit in the middle of a shopping centre cross legged xD;

#36 Srenyti

Srenyti

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:58 AM

haha i think why girl socks are always cleaner is cause like if they go outside they would wear sandals or something whereas guys would just not even think about it and walk outside in their socks lol

#37 dbsk_obsessed

dbsk_obsessed

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:06 AM

welll, i have aGOOOD explanation for you.

asian homes dont wear shoes in their house.
so i guess its like, a habit.

im an asian girl and i do that alot too lol

#38 swe3tdreamz

swe3tdreamz

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:10 AM

hehe thats so true. BUt if its any heels, shoes hurt, so they take it off.

Hehe girls are cleaner than guys so we have better socks naturally xP

#39 swe3tdreamz

swe3tdreamz

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:11 AM

hehe thats so true. BUt if its any heels, shoes hurt, so they take it off.

Hehe girls are cleaner than guys so we have better socks naturally xP

#40 joolie

joolie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:43 PM

it's so much more comfortable. i do that sometimes :]
i also don't care what other ppl think..as long as i'm comfortable