AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

[Philippines][Series] Sana Maulit Muli (2006)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 patpAt_(ö)

patpAt_(ö)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:50 AM

SANA MAULIT MULI :iloveyou: :hug

Posted Image
Posted Image

They say that life is a game of destiny and that love is a matter of fate. But what if destiny seems to be playing a trick on you? Will you change your destiny if you were given that one chance?

This January, ABS-CBN is proud to open the year with a new addition to the roster of top-rating shows in its Kapamilya Primetime Bida block, a drama titled Sana Maulit Muli. The teleserye showcases a love's whirlwind journey to happiness, starring Kim Chiu (Jasmine Sta. Maria) and Gerald Anderson (Travis Johnson). The love story of the two begins when their paths cross as stowaways in a ship from Cebu. They are separated by time, fate and distance, only to be brought back together after a series of deceptions. How will the two star-crossed lovers overcome their destiny which is working against them?

Also joining the cast are Mickey Ferriols (Emily Sta. Maria, the mother of Jasmine), Tonton Gutierrez (George Soriano), Glydel Mercado (Clara Soriano) and Erich Gonzales (Camille). Ms. Gloria Diaz (Monica Johnson) plays mother to Travis and Jake Cuenca (Brandon) will be her other son. The very mysterious "Mr. Destiny" will be played by Michael de Mesa (Mang Andres).

Talented young stars Neri Naig (Bianca), Mark Bautista (Francis Marquez), Arron Villaflor (Kevin Roque), Marco Aytona (Bruce), Nathan Lopez (Romeo Bato), Jeffrey Santos (Arnold Bato), Cheska IƱigo (Maria Bato), and introducing, Little Big Star Season 1's Kyle Balili (Tam), complete the powerhouse cast of Sana Maulit Muli.

Helmed by directors Jerome Pobocan and Tots Sanchez-Mariscal, with Executive-In-Charge of Production Deo Endrinal, Production Manager Julie Anne R. Benitez, Creative Manager Rondel Lindayag, Executive Producer Brenda Lee Estopacio, Head Writer Reggie Amigo and Writer Philip King, Sana Maulit Muli will surely touch your hearts with its unique look on destiny and loving.

January 8 marks the first telecast of Sana Maulit Muli. Watch out for it on ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida block

clapclap B) :yeah :wasntme :harhar :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :pleh

Posted Image
http://img49.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img49/5247/1168421578kimcgeralda4rj8.jpg

'Sana Maulit Muli' to premiere on January 8
Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson are the lead stars of ABS-CBN's newest teleserye.
:yeah :wasntme :iloveyou:

To start the year with a bang, the Kapamilya network is banking on two of its hottest young starsā€”Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson.

Fans of the Kimerald love team will definitely be thrilled to know that their idols are now part of ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida block.

Sana Maulit Muli is about two young lovers who discover how true love can overpower fate and destiny. Small-town girl Jasmine Sta. Maria (Kim) and Travis Johnson (Gerald), the illegitimate son of an American soldier, both meet as stowaways in a ship sailing from Cebu. They are separated by time, fate, and distance, only to be reunited after a series of deceptions.

The crucial role of "Mr. Destiny" or Mang Andresā€”the man who controls everyone's fateā€”is played by Michael de Mesa.

An interesting subplot in this teleserye is the love story between Mark Bautista, 25, and Gloria Diaz, 56. Mark, who plays the role of Francis Marquez, describes his role as a badminton teacher by day and a singer by night. The former Miss Universe is Monica Johnson, the mother of Travis.

Former GMA-7 talent Jake Cuenca plays Gloria's other son, Brandon. His last project with the Kapuso network was for the telefantasya Majika.

Comebacking star Mickey Ferriols plays Emily Sta. Maria, mother of Jasmine. She serves as a maid to real-life couple Tonton Gutierrez and Glydel Mercado, who play George and Clara Soriano in this teleserye. Erich Gonzales, as Camille, is their daughter who is in love with Travis.

Completing the cast of Sana Maulit Muli are young stars Neri Naig (Bianca), Arron Villaflor (Kevin Roque), Marco Aytona (Bruce), Kyle Balili (Tam), and Nathan Lopez (Romeo Bato) of Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros fame.

RAPID RISE TO FAME. Although some people might question the potential of Kim and Gerald to topbill a drama series so early in the game, director Jerome Pobocan has no qualms about the decision of ABS-CBN executives to tap the Kimerald love team.

During a press conference held at the Annabel's Restaurant in Quezon City, Direk Jerome shares his insights regarding the newbies.

"Ang management ang nag-decide to put them in this soap. When I first heard about it, [I said] 'Wow, newcomers!' They're very marketable. The two are endorsers of Jollibee in so short a time. Yung track record ng dalawa, kung ating papansinin, yung Love Spell and Your Song na show nagre-rate, almost all.

"First, yung track record ang tinitingnan ng management. Two, yung willingness to work, yung attitude tapos yung chemistry. Sa mga Love Spells na ginawa nila, makikita mo ang lakas ng chemistry ng dalawa, interactive. Probably yun yung gauge ng management why they gave Kim and Gerald their own soap," explains Direk Jerome.

When asked to describe his working experience with the young cast members, the director points out the strong points that he noticed among them. "Erich has an edge because of her experience. She's had two teleseryes na before this so mas hasa na si Erich pagdating sa flow of work and delivery of lines.

He continues, "Sina Kim and Gerald they've had Love Spell and Your Song. [They have] dedication, which is admirable for newcomers."

Acting veteran Michael de Mesa also gives his assessment on the on-cam tandem of Kim and Gerald.

When it comes to weaknesses, Michael stresses that Kim and Gerald are "very, very new...very, very raw. Lots of room for improvement. Nakikita ko yung dedication lalo na kay Gerald dahil hirap na hirap siyang mag-Tagalog.

"Pero to be honest, tumatagal yung eksena but I can really feel his dedication to come out for the better. Alam kong hirap siya but he still tries...Most of my scenes kasi [are] with Gerald e. I've worked with them also at First Day High, so medyo matagal ko na silang nakasama," recounts Michael.

Sana Maulit Muli premieres on January 8.
B) :crying:

#2 aya_on_fire

aya_on_fire

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:18 AM

i really like the chemistry of this love team even when they're still in big brother house... I saw them in person in UPLB when they were taping love spell "charm and crystal".. kim's beauty is simple but extraordinary coz of her innocent look...

I'll probably watch "Sana Maulit Muli" ... I'm so excited to see what will happen on its second week of airing....

#3 starynite

starynite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:15 AM

the series is pretty good so far...i hope it continues to do well...i can't wait til mark bautista's character come into the picture...

Edited by starynite, 15 January 2007 - 08:16 AM.

#4 My*Girl*Fan

My*Girl*Fan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:08 AM

me too.. wohoo go mark!.. but hey, I heard rumors that this series was only copied in one of jennifer love hewit's movie

#5 parvati26

parvati26

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:22 PM

i like kim ever since her pbb days...she's so cute...they make a great tandem...grabe ang acting workshop ng mga to and it showed that they improved a lot..keep it up... :hug

#6 starynite

starynite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:02 PM

yeah love mark!!! he's hot!! saw him in person several times in concert with sarah but never had the courage to take a pic with him haha...he's a good actor...there should be a mark bautista thread here haha...

#7 sennorita

sennorita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:39 AM

i love this series... its so good! gotta love the kimerald! =D

and yeahh, i think it is kinda like jennifer love hewit's movie "if only", but its still good =)

#8 aya_on_fire

aya_on_fire

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

ive watched again "if only" this early afternoon and i still cried on the scene when the leading man is about to die... i just know that eventhough i have a hint on smm plot , il still cry as i watch its drama scenes.

#9 ABS-CBN Channel 2

ABS-CBN Channel 2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

http://img465.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img465/2958/smmnewptmarchgj8.png

the show's definitely have a very catchy plot...that's why it lorded the primetime ratings sheet for 2 consecutive weeks...however, because of the new twists, others began to switch to the competition...

personally, i never liked this show, aside from the fact that it's of ABS-CBN, highschool romance is a waste of time...so highschool...

#10 andreagail

andreagail

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 02:34 AM

i agree.. waste of time.. i liked the first weeks of the drama but then the story became dragging.. it's forgivable though bgo lng kc cla kim at gerald..

#11 starynite

starynite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:36 AM

the show has a lot of great twists...i love hating clara haha...it's getting very interesting...

#12 firefaery

firefaery

♡ ♥ JaeJoong Lover ♥ ♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2064 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

yeah..but it still a copycat of If Only.. ;)

but i like it though! :P especially now that the series' end is drawing near.. it's getting more exciting to watch!

#13 ABS-CBN Channel 2

ABS-CBN Channel 2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

http://img337.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img337/1842/antsmmgq8.png

Above is Sana Maulit Muli's new timeslot effective 26 March 2007.

#14 ABS-CBN Channel 2

ABS-CBN Channel 2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:49 AM

Sana Maulit Muli tops nationwide ratings, ABS-CBN maintains no. 1 spot

By Isah V. Red
It's not Bakekang, folks, or Asian Treasures, and neither it is Super Twins that the majority of Filipinos watch every night on television. All three shows are on GMA-7 and have been topping the charts, at least in Mega Manila.

It is the tandem of Gerald Anderson and Kim Chiu that has been keeping soap opera addicts from Aparri to Jolo glued to their sets, Monday to Friday, with 34.9 rating versus GMA's highest rater Asian Treasures with 28.5 and landing on the seventh spot.

This surprised many movie scribes when Charo Santos Concio, head of ABS-CBN 2, announced the recent findings of a survey conducted in urban Philippines (meaning the major cities across the archipelago) by AGB-Nielsen Media Research Philippines for the period of March 4 to 17 before the start of the press conference for the network's new soap opera Walang Kapalit with Piolo Pascual and Claudine Barretto.

The data put ABS-CBN as the leading TV station nationwide, registering an overall share of 47 percent, while its closest competitor managed to pull 35 percent. This should be cause for concern among the top guns of the broadcast network on Edsa corner Timog who vowed to dislodge ABS-CBN from being the industry leader almost five years ago.

Ironically, while Gabby Lopez has humbly conceded Mega Manila to its competitor, his foot soldiers across the archipelago have steadfastly protected the network from being totally decimated by its competitor. And they have done quite a remarkable job as evidenced by the performance of the network in the recent survey.

It is not easy to put 15 of ABS-CBN's shows of the top 20 programs watched in the country, but with dedication of the network officers in the region who remain unfazed despite the unabated campaign of ABS-CBN's overeager competitors to mislead the public in believing that they have overtaken the lead in the provinces, the network pulled it off to remain the country's no. 1 television network.

As I have said before, the dynamics of the television audience has become unpredictable. What might be working in one urban setting will not necessarily work in another. And there is also the paradigm shift that seems to be getting more frequent than in previous years.

Complete article here: Manila Standard Today

#15 momoko12

momoko12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:26 PM

i liked this before, but after some weeks i got bored watching the series. it seemed like the story just ran in circles.
but now that it' about to end, and there are lots of twists, i'm starting to like it again.

and yeah, it's like ripped off if only. haha

#16 urBan_maIDen

urBan_maIDen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:31 AM

WELL.......... Maybe it has the same synopsis as If Only..... Both stories revolve in TIME and DESTINY and saving the life of the girl...... But the point is they pulled some strings and put some more story in it.... Though the wordings are well poor for me if you compare it to Maging Sino Ka Man but I can say that it still has a great story in it...... Also in the middle part I kinda don't like to watch it but this couple of days I'm starting to like it..... I actually like CAMILLE and CLARA as villains co'z they definitely make me believe that they are hahahahahaha........... WELL the last thing that i can say is KIMERALD still RULES~~~!!!!! BEST TEEN LOVE TEAM!!!!! hahahahaha........................ Mainggit ang mga tga ~~~tooooooot~~~~~ hahahahahhaha.................................................................................

ABS-CBN is definitely no. 1

#17 ABS-CBN Channel 2

ABS-CBN Channel 2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

Kudos to them being Metro, Mega Manila and the Philippines' leading TV series... i'm quite impressed with how their final week goes...

#18 ABS-CBN Channel 2

ABS-CBN Channel 2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:17 AM

Final Episode Rating: 7.0/10

Nice ending, kudos to the Philippines' leading evening TV program!

#19 friends19

friends19

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:46 AM

I really enjoed this, as did my mum and my sister's boyfriend (which really surprised me as he is english and doesn't understand the language!) I just thought that the chemistry between Kim and Gerald was great, and at first I was a bit cynical as in I thought maybe they couldn't cut it for prime time. But I was proven wrong and I am now a fan! I hope that ABS-CBN will bring out the dvds soon!

#20 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 38298 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

Starting February 18,11PM
Channel 13 Public Television Service (PTS)

it's great that other countries are also noticing our local shows..good job ABS-CBN hopefully the Taiwanese viewers will enjoy watching it as well.,here are the 2 previews

btw the Chinese title for Sana Maulit Muli is Cheng Ia Chi Yen (Chances)

official site: http://www.pts.org.t...ine/index.php#A

Edited by minivicki, 17 February 2008 - 04:38 PM.
Only allowed to embbed one youtube video per post

#21 sybinx

sybinx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

really? lol...i also hope that they the taiwanese would like Sana Maulit Muli.....it is a refreshing show and kim and gerald are both cute......
but i wonder why sana maulit muli? why not pangako sa yo, which made it big to the indonesian tv...
lol...well goodluck...its now time for the filipino series to shine in asia..lol

#22 ♥hippo-holic♥

♥hippo-holic♥

-certified Seomate-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5583 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:49 AM

really it'll air in taiwan? thats a good thing for us filipinos that our local shows will be aired in other countries.

the story of sana maulit muli was good in the beginning but during the middle to the end its over reacting sorry but thats what i think. break up, crying, reconcile and near the middle where they used the time watch again & again really irritated me thats when i started disliking the two main leads.

just my opinion,peace!

#23 eiz

eiz

♫ ♥...♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2462 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:41 AM

same here...at first i really like this show but in the middle, i start not to watch it because the scenes is almost the same again and again.. and i am not really a fan of the acting of kim and gerald.. i also don't want the ending..

#24 Pisang Mistress

Pisang Mistress

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:13 AM

Ermm...
I never got to finish this... I think I watched up to the middle part then got confused with the story.

This is shorter than some of our other TV series so I guess it's okay for 'export' lol. Better than the year-long soaps. And Gerald is sooo cute!!! Kim is so pretty too!

It's going to be showing at 11 PM so I guess it's not gonna be much of a hit in Taiwan lol (sino pa bang gising nun) but it's a start. I wonder how people there will receive it... they must think Filipino actors look so different...

#25 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 38298 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:31 AM

well aren't the Asianovelas here in the Philippines airs on 11PM as well and yet many people are still watching it??*shrugs* I also watched SMM and didn't like the ending and the draggy parts as well but I think we should really be proud that foreign medias are gaining interests in our locally-produced shows 'nuff said

Edited by sChiZoO14, 21 February 2008 - 04:31 AM.

#26 i am DALKI

i am DALKI

"this is CONSPIRACY!!"

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:42 AM

am actually curious with the feedbacks.
i hope we can hear those soon from the taiwanese viewers

#27 krek

krek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:12 AM

its nice to know that we filipinos can make world class love stories like the koreans and other nationalities

but i think they should also release "Maging Sino Ka Man"(Whoever you are) too !!!!!

#28 friends8

friends8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:52 AM

I'm happy that they are releasing Sana Maulit Muli in Taiwan! I really enjoyed the story and I hope that they will too!

#29 kai_prinsesa

kai_prinsesa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

lol really? did it start in taiwan already? i don't watch the series but i have an idea of the story. the story is good but i just don't like the lead charcters, they're so OA. peace to kimerald fans.

#30 ♥UOTSIOH♥

♥UOTSIOH♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:36 PM

love it! fo pinoys. , .

i supported 'sana maulit muli' (syempre,!, team kapamilya ako eh!!)
but i hate the ending!! i really waited it to come but when it was aired...

nyak!!! hay! magbunguan nalang kayo!!!

#31 sybinx

sybinx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:59 PM

it was a hit in Taiwan since most of the people there want a replay of it and an earlier time slot...
and also some of the other stations in Taiwan expressed their interest in acquiring other fdramas...
hope they will export Pangako Sa'yo which is already a hit in other countries...
here's the link of the good news
http://www.starmomet...-hit-in-taiwan/

#32 krysteL

krysteL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

i should be proud and happy.
should be..
but i'm not.