AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Need Help With An Extended Essay Topic for PSYCHOLOGY

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 PHAMIE0

PHAMIE0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:19 AM

An extended essay is suppose to be about 17 pages long ...and i still didnt start yet and its due on February 1st...but the problem is I still dont have a topic yet

Before was I going to write about dreams..but the need a thesis and a topic that is long enough for me to do reasearch on for 17 pages...

since i picked dreams before...my subject is psychology...so even though i can change the topic ..I cant change the subject...

Can you guys help me think of a topic for psychology that is able to do research on and is good enough for me to write 17 pages on...i mean like not too broad.....im really really stuck...please help me......

#2 Dark Cabbage

Dark Cabbage

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:03 AM

Psychology has many interesting topics which you can write about. Even though it is called psychology, which is to do with the mind, it also links up with the biological factors, mainly to do with the brain and nervous system. However, there are more topics for you to cover if you choose to go with the psych area rather than the biological side.

I think it was today that I saw a post on intelligence, which leads me to suggesting you doing that. It's an interesting topics because you can go into really deep details about it. Then there are the people who tried to describe intelligence through their research, ie. Binet, Gardnet, Wechsler, and finally Sternberg with his 3 parts of intelligence. Describing it is one thing, and measuring it is another. You can explore into that.

Mental health is another interesting topic which you can look at, where you can look into different mental illness, etc. Other topics that came into mind at the moment are consciousness, attitude, attention, memory, personality, learning (which is a pretty big topic because there are many different types, like classical conditioning, operant, etc.).

#3 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4191 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:29 AM

ooh, hello! another person doing an extended essay - that thing is so dreadful. seriously, I put mine off for the longest time ever.. we were supposed to hand in a rough draft in October but mine only came in after Christmas holidays :lol: but it turns out that I'm not that bad, there are many others who haven't handed in their first drafts yet, phew ^_^'

anyway. what kind of psychology extended essay are you planning to do? purely research, or research with an experiment? for experiment ideas or just ideas in general, this would be a good site for reference: http://cranepsych.co...Assessment.html

it talks about the Internal Assessment for Psychology, but basically EE and IA are the same things.. one's just longer :P anyway, I wish you the best of luck!

#4 monkeybusiness

monkeybusiness

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

Try looking at memory and in particular, false memory. Google Elizabeth Loftus. She is a world-renowned expert in false memory. Of course, there are huge implications assocaitions with false memory or misinformation such as the accuracy and validity of eyewitness testimony.

#5 pinkiplush

pinkiplush

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:27 PM

what about something to do with S.Freud, and about analyzing and supression of dreams.

#6 PHAMIE0

PHAMIE0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:04 AM

thANK you guuys for all ur ideas..=] I still trying to pick between the three ideas...they all seem to be very good research topics ..thanks again guys! and o yeah Forever_autumn...the website really helps thanks =]

and wow..another person whos also in IB..hahah...man..mine gooing to be due this friday...i dont know if I can finish it on time...well..there's a saying..IB therefore I BS. =[

Edited by PHAMIE0, 01 February 2007 - 02:32 AM.

#7 PHAMIE0

PHAMIE0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:54 AM

i've decided to do false memory..ahh..16 pages in one day..hope i can get it done by tomorrow.

#8 cynsuous

cynsuous

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:13 AM

whoa. good luck. but it's a good enough subject to get much information on for 17 pgs.

#9 Jazmin Min

Jazmin Min

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:40 AM

Can i know the question of your topic?
because i want to write my EE on false memory too but i need a sample question....

#10 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:40 AM

Topic Closed

Requested by topicstarter or problem/question is solved/answered.