AF needs funding again

- - - - -

[Health] What does drinking milk on an empty stomach do?

20 replies to this topic

#1 mumblee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:02 AM

My girlfriend keeps warning me not to drink milk on an empty stomach and how it can be poisonous etc... I've checked everywhere online, but can't find any information that actually says that...

...So... if anyone can enlighten me on this fact/fiction, I would be most grateful.... she keeps having a go at me for arguing with her on this matter (but how can I not? I love milk~! empty stomach or no!! :P)

any other thoughts on this matter ? :D

#2 kimsweetrose

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:22 PM

ummm......i don't think that does anything. only if you drink citrus stuff on an empty stomach it makes your stomach hurt because of the acid......so i think you are safe, btw what is suppose to happen when you drink milk on an empty stomach?

#3 princessducky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

I've never heard of anything like that. Most people drink milk before they go to sleep and I don't think people sleep with a full stomach. Maybe you can ask your girlfriend what it will do and where she have heard of it.

#4 MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

well i dont drink milk at all since im ALERGIC to it. no, i am not lactocent...<spelling>

either way, i heard that doing that will make you bloated and you will fart? lol...

never heard about it being poisonous..

try it out and tell us how it went :D
if not, all you might get is diarrhea...

#5 Ingman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF supporter
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:43 PM

it's a myth

if you happen to have problems with your stomach.. than you should avoid drinking it on empty stomach...
milk reduces the acid in your stomach.. but your stomach will regulate, and will create more acid in return as a counter effect.

Edited by Ingman, 05 February 2007 - 10:46 PM.

#6 Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:33 AM

God you lucky Sena... >=l
I really wonder how you can be so tall without drinking any milk. xS

Anyway, I guess drinking milk on an empty stomach would make you feel uncomfortable.
But I really don't see anything wrong with drinking milk on an empty stomach...

#7 jono12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:14 AM

i've drunk some milk in the mornings and nothing happens, no aches no pains - so i dont think it it poisonous

#8 pinkbaby58542

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

i dont think anything will happen.....milk has protein and other stuff in it..i dont think it will hurt u tho..

#9 MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:56 PM

View PostMarielle, on Feb 6 2007 12 33 AM, said:

God you lucky Sena... >=l
I really wonder how you can be so tall without drinking any milk. xS

Anyway, I guess drinking milk on an empty stomach would make you feel uncomfortable.
But I really don't see anything wrong with drinking milk on an empty stomach...

lol you see, i just disproved that myth about MILK MAKING YOU GROW TALL! from what i know milk only makes the bones STRONGER not LONGER...

but then most people who are in denial would say "diffrent people diffrent situation!" LOL :loool:

its all in the genes...

thanks ingman, i didn't know that it lowers the acid levels...

#10 IVY♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:13 AM

They say that you shouldn't drink tea or lemon juice <or anything sour> on an empty stomach, because it is not good for your stomach.
but about the milk thing i never heard of it andi don't know

#11 cubchai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:17 AM

Not sure whether this has negative effects or not. But if i drink milk with empty stomach, let say in the morning, the loo will be always welcoming me after that.

#12 Andy22

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:33 AM

lmao, i think yur drinKing all yur girlfriends miLk, so she made a story up trying to restrain you from drinking. ^_^'

#13 MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:14 PM

View PostAndy22, on Feb 6 2007 9 33 PM, said:

lmao, i think yur drinKing all yur girlfriends miLk, so she made a story up trying to restrain you from drinking. ^_^'
you are aware that women who gives birth to a child can have "milk" right? :noclue

unless your a pshyco and in love with a person so much that you trick your mind in thinking your pregnant that is a rare case, and your stomach actually does bloat up and you get milk from your breast... <too much CSI>

#14 star_gardenia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

I usually drink milk before I eat anything..I'm not sure if that's a good thing...

#15 lost_butterfly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:18 PM

Hmmm- that's the first time i've heard of that. I thought drinking milk actually helps u feel less hungry so ppl drink it on an empty stomach.

#16 dan168

Go Eagles!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:35 PM

I havent heard that before... I have drank milk on empty stomach before and never had any problems with it. Milk is good for you. Tell her to find some facts it's bad for you.

#17 stupidangelx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:29 AM

How can milk be poisonous on an empty stomach?!? I mean babies drink milk on empty stomachs don't they. Unless maybe you have a stomach problem like my aunt who vomits every time she drinks milk.

#18 jianlunxd

I'm BIG in Japan !!!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

I heard some milks have some concentration of acid in it. Besides that I can't think of any other reason.

#19 mailam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

It depends on what kind of sensitiveness you ´ve got, if it were me I´ll
go to the toilett a short time after I drink milk on a empty stomach...

#20 princessmoon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:44 AM

I'm 20 and have drank milk almost everyday of my life in the morning. I don't think i've had any problems 'cause i'm still here!!!

unless you drink expired milk (still i don't think you'll be poisoned) you may get a stomach ache, but...............................

milk is good for you.

Tell that to Naruto@! hehe

#21 KelpieAr

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:53 AM

hmmm...i dun think milk is "poisonous" but i heard that it will give u a stomach-ache if u drink it alone in the morning w/o nething else...since in the morning, your lactase enzymes and stuff is not in full rate, so u won't digest your milk as fast n etc...

so from what i heard it's drinkin milk in da morning that gives you an upset stomach...not poisonous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users