AF needs funding again

- - - - -

[Beauty] How do I close the pores on my nose?

35 replies to this topic

#1 thomasss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:51 AM

I have no pimples on my face whatsoever. One thing that bugs me is the pores on my nose. Everytime I squeeze them hard, some white stuff comes out (no its not pus lol).

What could I do to clean and close my pores?

#2 mizpolly1031

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:20 AM

they are call black heads. U can buy those strips that u put on ur nose for 10 mins and oull the black heads out. U can buy stuff to minize ur pores.

#3 thomasss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:38 AM

they are called blackheads even though they don't have black stuff in it?

when i squeeze on them ..some yellow colored stuff comes out.

#4 r1911

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:52 AM

Yes those are called black heads. I have them too on my nose and around them but not too obvious looking. Since they dont stand out that much I never tried to find a way to get rid of them. But I shall try the strips and try it haha.

#5 Little_Heaven

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:18 AM

I have them too, and they are quiet obvious. I would like to get rid of them too. I have bought some strips when I was in HK. But they don't work on me. I get an infection instead. I have heard that peeling should work.

#6 asak0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:26 AM

i have it too but i dont recommond u guys to use the strips
i have use the strips for almost 1/2 thinking its gonna take out the black heads
and it do it take it out but not alot only a lil bit at a time
thats the good part
but the bad part is that u more u use the strips the more
blackhead u gonna get n it also becomes bigger too
cuz before i start using it i dont have alot of blackhead n
the more i use the more blackhead i see n its bigger too
i sugguest u use the face wash for blackheads it better dat way

#7 sissyboy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:18 AM

face wash does not help. those black heads are deep inside you skin. after u get those pores off u can use some liquid to make your pores smaller. i don remember the name btw

#8 ♥luvergal♥

Asian Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:32 AM

i have blackheads on my nose as well and its so annoying!! Ive tried the blackhead clearing cleanser but it doesnt work >.<

#9 ohmyerror

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:37 PM

Don't use the pore strips! To my knowledge, estheticians say that with extended use they can be harmful to your skin AND make your pores bigger. Based on reading around reading some websites you could try one of these:

-BAHA? I read that it's good for stubborn blackheads and the like, but you have to find a good one.
-Gross, but blackhead extractors. Wet your face with lukewarm water (like steaming mentioned above) first though, so your skin gets smoother, and then push very lightly. That way you don't get bacteria from your fingers underneath and so forth.
-To help, when you wash your face, use lukewarm water, cleanser and then cold water. Warm opens pores, cold closes. To the post below, I'm sorry for using misleading terminology. I'd just intended to share the whole "expanding/tighten (albeit temporarily) with warm/cold water". :/ Myth or not, I'm not sure... Rixy is right though, you can't CLOSE pores, only fill/hide them (which may agitate it some more if your skin is sensitive).
-http://www.cosmetics.../art.asp?ID=202 <- dermatologist post about battle plan for blackheads.

I'm sorry if that doesn't work for you, that's just the information I've gathered on websites like cosmeticscop.com and soforth! I don't know why they are called black heads either, my boyfriend told me so and I watched him pick them and they're yellow. Awkward.

Edited by ohmyerror, 22 February 2007 - 11:03 PM.

#10 rixy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:49 PM

Pores doesn't open and close despite the commercials brands that always say that their product will help you close your pores, your pores can't be closed or open.
im a make up artist, i learn about skin, products, etc. and pores cant be opened or closed with warm water on your face or cold water on your face.

Edited by rixy, 18 February 2007 - 12:53 PM.

#11 rixy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:25 AM

If you guys read.. you guys will see that PORES CAN'T BE OPENED OR CLOSED. There are no brands that can close your pores. Read people, Read. These pores do not open or close like mouth, since they don't have muscle tissue attached to them. However, the skin itself can be contracted or expanded causing the pores to widen or to shrink. :irritated:

Edited by rixy, 21 February 2007 - 10:38 AM.

#12 ladyxmo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

For cleaning pores, Queen Helene Mint Julep Mud Mask is GREAT! I put it on my guy friend, and he has disgusting visible blackheads and the mud mask cleared alot of his blackheads; a very distinct before and after. It's relatively cheap too. I don't have that many pores but I use the Clean and Clear Blackhead scrub and use the Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner afterwards. All the products can be bought at CVS, Walgreens, chain drugstores.

#13 crystalized

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

the white stuff in white heads.. once they clog the pores for too long, them become black heads. your best bet is to use black head strips.. they get rid of the white heads before they turn to black heads. also you can buy cleansers and stuff that can help you clean your pores

#14 chingutee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

Don't ever squeeze your pores. What's coming out is hardened oil. If you squeeze them out, you could cause scarring.

Use a toner (with a cotton swab) to help close your pores.

To help get rid of the oil, you can use a toner with Beta-hydroxy in it. Beta-hydroxy, which is a derivitive of willow tree bark, is an acid that liquifies oils without causing harm to your skin. Your pores will probably continue clogging even while using the acid, but the acid should keep it at a minimum. Remember that it also takes some time to see results as your skin needs time to adjust. As you get older, more times than not, your pores will clog less often or even cease altogether.

Edited by chingutee, 21 February 2007 - 05:52 PM.

#15 1v4

*®~* AF n00b *~®*

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:54 PM

use the strips in beginning and then use facial mask, cleanser to keep ur face clean ^^ so the black heads wont come back ^^

#16 thewonderbegins

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

Although black head strips do help to get rid of some black heads the damage and tear your skin... which isn't that good...
Maybe exoliating or using a toner?? I'm not too sure... I've used black head cleansing scrubs before but they don't really seem to work.

#17 rixy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:30 AM

wow you guys are retarded. did you guys learn anything in biology? pores don't open or close.

#18 star-me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:12 AM

lol
all i know is that you CANT get rid of pores
yes you can temporary make them look smaller or unseen by those strips....but they will come back
theyre genetic.... i think :blink:

Edited by star-me, 22 February 2007 - 04:13 AM.

#19 catbone

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:33 AM

There are alot of skin product that can help minimize your pores. I know that there are lotion and face mask that can do that.

#20 atmosk/

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:00 AM

. But i read somewhere that it needs to come out, like creams and stuff wont make them go away. I tried the mask thing but it doesnt work for me, my blackheads been there forever! .

#21 glendi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:37 AM

no matter how many times i wash my face, these blackheads are still there.!

#22 chingutee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:35 PM

View Postrixy, on Feb 22 2007 3 30 AM, said:

wow you guys are retarded. did you guys learn anything in biology? pores don't open or close.

When people speak of opening and closing your pores, they're speaking of enlarging and minimizing your pores.

I'd have thought that a little common sense would've clued you in.

#23 choColatebite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:51 PM

you shouldnät close pores, i got practical work experience this week on a shop for skin creme and stuff, and they've got pores creme and iäve tried it and it really works, so get to a shop there you can get some help just for your skin and problem and they will help you to find the perfect skin product for you :)..
Im using the producted of shiseido and its very good, biotherm is also good and kanebo.

#24 kssy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:25 AM

View Postthomasss, on Feb 14 2007 5 51 PM, said:

I have no pimples on my face whatsoever. One thing that bugs me is the pores on my nose. Everytime I squeeze them hard, some white stuff comes out (no its not pus lol).

What could I do to clean and close my pores?

keep your nose clean, when it get oily, you will build up blackheads, wash them frequently.

#25 rixy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:31 AM

View Postchingutee, on Feb 25 2007 10 35 AM, said:

When people speak of opening and closing your pores, they're speaking of enlarging and minimizing your pores.

I'd have thought that a little common sense would've clued you in.

i'm sorry i didn't know that close = minimize
and you say you thought a little common sense wouldve clued me in
read the name of the post dumba**

Edited by rixy, 27 February 2007 - 11:30 AM.

#26 a_a_p_j_e_s

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:12 AM

first wash your face with LOTION... then steam (bowl hot water and towell over head) clean with a towell (SOFTLY!!), then clean it off with a TONIC. Because lotion will open your pores, and the hot water will open the pores wider and the stuff inside those pores will become liquid and soft, then you use a soft towell to gently clean your face, and after this with a tonic tO CLOSE your pores... and stop squeezzzing... IT ONLY MAKES THE PORES MORE BIGGER...

oh and use scrub once or twice a week!, not too much.. because a scrub will remove like 10 layers skin, and normallly without scrubbing your face it will lose like 1 layer...

#27 chingutee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:55 PM

View Postrixy, on Feb 27 2007 11 31 AM, said:

i'm sorry i didn't know that close = minimize
and you say you thought a little common sense wouldve clued me in
read the name of the post dumba**

Yes, when people speak of closing their pores, they want to make them less noticeable. This is not only common terminology, it's just common sense to make the assumption that this is what people mean when speaking of closing their pores. As you can see, everyone else was intelligent enough to understand what thomasss was asking for. It's very obvious, and everyone pitched in to help. All you did was senselessly try to dig people's noses into a pile of crap.

You shouldn't have come in here in the first place if that's all you were aiming to do. That's just being a jackass and an @$$hole all at once.

Don't spout unconstructive criticism if you can't take what you dish out.

To thomasss:

Sorry about the hissing and spitting. Even if rixy comes in and starts spouting some more nonsense, I've had my say, so I promise to ignore from here on out.

Anyway, have you tried asking someone in the cosmetics department for help? Many of these products are readily available. If not the products, try some of the techniques, like putting your face over a steamer for about 10 minutes and then rinsing with cold water.

What aapies has offered is good advice.

Edited by chingutee, 01 March 2007 - 07:04 PM.

#28 동갑내기

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:43 AM

View Postrixy, on Feb 21 2007 7 30 PM, said:

Not to strike anythign up again but just to add (& back chingutee) , closing and opening pores is just a common terminology too.. you don't see products outside saying that "this will cause the skin around the pore to expand/shrink" right?! its called being concise and consistant OK?! please spend more time giving helpful opinions then trying to be smart-alek and nit picky. I'm sure many of our posters have even higher education then you and are not as nit picky. :)

As for the pores, I've realize that washing your face with cold water really helps! it helps refresh your skin, and I've noticed my pores really got a lot smaller after about a month or so.. start getting into this habit as it is summer still and cold water is refreshing. Try not to squeeze your nose because I think it will just stretch your skin .. and cause denty scars!! So make sure you don't squeeze it :) ..I exfoliate about once every two week and that is my process of "clearing up dirt" on the nose area. Oh yeahh, and make sure when you wash your face with cold water, use a towel, dont just use your hands.. it can help the cleaning process but not like stretch your skin .

#29 guppyjing

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:08 AM

Hmm, there is some sort of products which minimise the pores but i forgot which one. But there is a natural way to minimise, tats using egg white, apply to ur nose part and leave it dry. :D

#30 Valentin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

You can't make pores smaller, but there are products out there that will minimize the look of them (but not actually change their physical diameter, mind you; only mask their appearance).

#31 K0okie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:46 PM

TONER.

lol.....yea...facial treatments and some creams may help...

#32 joo eun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:14 AM

I have blackheads on my nose too and my friend recommended that I apply egg white before placing a thin sheet of bathroom tissue on it..let it dry for 10 mins then peel it off..the blackheads will stick to the thin sheet of tissue..its truly effective..i hope that'll help

:iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Edited by joo eun, 23 July 2007 - 11:16 AM.

#33 janetyu42

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:12 AM

you can use a hot towel or boil water so the steam hits ur face to open up ur pores. then extract or put a toner on.

#34 girlygirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

yeh they're blk heads....the stuff that comes out is whitish yellowish..i tink they're blkheads because they look like black marks on ur nose...

exfoliate or use nose strips to get rid of them and it shud help

#35 xrach91x

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:46 AM

pore strips help a lot, or you could try other cleansing products which tightens deep pores

#36 ct122592

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:08 AM

i get those on my head and nose too. But i have a way on taking care of it. You can try, but i wont guarantee it will work.

First when u take a shower (or not) wash your face with those cleanser products. Then when you come out apply some light lotion. i used veseline ones. Then before you sleep apply a thicker layer to the part that has pores/ black heads. Dont rub all the lotion in, leave a little bit. Next day try washing off the lotion with a warm cloth, any kind of ways. If the lotion gets stuck to the pores (i usually do too) than try squeezing/scratching the lotion out. Not too hard that it bleeds. Then before you sleep apply a little more lotion. That should help. Not lieing, cause it worked on me. Not Guaranteeing thou!

Edited by ct122592, 06 August 2007 - 03:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users