1790 replies to this topic

#1761 auhres

auhres

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:42 AM

i loved this show, and i think i'm gna watch it ovr and ovr again. not the entire thing of course, i'll skip some parts here and there. but i just LOVED the acting. and perhaps i can relate to the show a lot. like, being in love really young when nearly the whole world is against you. i know how that feels. to me, it's the first drama that really portrayed the drastic transition when ppl graduate. as in, the kind of realisation tt dating during sch life (w/o anything t worry abt), and dating after graduation (w everything t worry abt) will be very very different. AJ realised that, and he made a foolish decision thinking tt XT wld be happier tt way. XT on the other hand, wants t tackle all the new changes together, as a couple. they're both really swt in their individual ways, i like watching tt despite how heartbreaking it was t see them so devastated. and i love xt's father, BL, FW and joyce. i really really LOVED this show.

#1762 babyblues

babyblues

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

I liked the beginning of the show when the 2 of them were spunky and fierce. The later part of the show, esp after he got shot, just became the usual mushy sentimental plot. I felt a bit disappointed and bored. Wished it remained at the same pace as the beginning.

#1763 Jiwe

Jiwe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:02 AM

I liked the beginning of the show when the 2 of them were spunky and fierce. The later part of the show, esp after he got shot, just became the usual mushy sentimental plot. I felt a bit disappointed and bored. Wished it remained at the same pace as the beginning.

I know!! I loved the beginning where both of them had their hilarious quarrels, with their deep care for each other as an underlying tone. Especially ah jiang, I LOVED his character, so it was a major letdown when he started to change drastically after DK came in. I kept hoping that his fire would come back once he realized xia tian loves only him but it didn't happen...sigh.

But overall, I actually enjoyed this drama more than PTF because the characters appealed to me more. Another favourite part of this drama for me was the strong friendship and love between those four, really made me go 'damn i wish i had ppl i knew all my life and share such strong bonds with' lol. I'm definitely gonna watch it again and again.

#1764 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3119 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:56 AM

hey i randomly came across one episode of this on youtube yesterday and then i was instantly hooked. and i ended up watchin the rest of the drama yesterday lmao
its really really really good!! like i was quite surprised at how good it was.
i mean i wasnt a big WZBQW fan .
just thought it was average so-so. got quite annoyed at the losing memory part- -"
thought it was quite over-rated to be honest but thought at the time mingen was reli cute together.
and then i watched this yesterday.
and i thought it was like ten times better than WZBQW!!
like the characters much better.
seriously it was so good!!
so yes.. thought i had to post a comment here xD

#1765 ♥AyUmIXx♥

♥AyUmIXx♥

♥ JaeSuChunHoMin i ♥ you guys! ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5650 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

hey i randomly came across one episode of this on youtube yesterday and then i was instantly hooked. and i ended up watchin the rest of the drama yesterday lmao
its really really really good!! like i was quite surprised at how good it was.
i mean i wasnt a big WZBQW fan .
just thought it was average so-so. got quite annoyed at the losing memory part- -"
thought it was quite over-rated to be honest but thought at the time mingen was reli cute together.
and then i watched this yesterday.
and i thought it was like ten times better than WZBQW!!
like the characters much better.
seriously it was so good!!
so yes.. thought i had to post a comment here xD

wow, what a nice comment about YYSJY here...
where most people don't like YYSJY including me.. *i'm such a big MingEn fans*
but i don't find this series is good...just a so so...
but reading that there's someone who loves this YYSJY and even thinks this is better than WQBZW, that's really something new..

glad that you like it :)

#1766 Aspire

Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6786 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

but reading that there's someone who loves this YYSJY and even thinks this is better than WQBZW, that's really something new..

Actually I do find it better than WZBQW. This show is generally more mature and quite realistic, despite the Ah Lu Ka parts. I don't know, perhaps now I'm more familiar with Ming Dao and Qiao En so I actually think YYSJY could have done better. I was really surprised to know it didn't receive good enough ratings.

In the drama, I see huge improvement in Ming Dao and Qiao En's acting. It made me realise that Qiao En could do better than when she was acting in WZBQW. I guess she was an amateur back then and now, after so many dramas under her belt she improved. Those scenes where she cried was... I don't know... I could actually feel her pain when she did so.

As for Ming Dao, I've regarded him as this emotionless actor since WZBQW so in YYSJY, his crying scenes amazed me. Different kinds of emotions came out before my eyes. And yeah, you're getting this from a non-Ming Dao fan.

#1767 ♥AyUmIXx♥

♥AyUmIXx♥

♥ JaeSuChunHoMin i ♥ you guys! ♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5650 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

Actually I do find it better than WZBQW. This show is generally more mature and quite realistic, despite the Ah Lu Ka parts. I don't know, perhaps now I'm more familiar with Ming Dao and Qiao En so I actually think YYSJY could have done better. I was really surprised to know it didn't receive good enough ratings.

In the drama, I see huge improvement in Ming Dao and Qiao En's acting. It made me realise that Qiao En could do better than when she was acting in WZBQW. I guess she was an amateur back then and now, after so many dramas under her belt she improved. Those scenes where she cried was... I don't know... I could actually feel her pain when she did so.

As for Ming Dao, I've regarded him as this emotionless actor since WZBQW so in YYSJY, his crying scenes amazed me. Different kinds of emotions came out before my eyes. And yeah, you're getting this from a non-Ming Dao fan.

hmmm but mostly people think that YYSJY is worsen that WQBZW in the term of the storyline~
as for the acting wise, of course, MingEn have done greater than WQBZW considering that YYSJY is their 2nd collaboration~~

Both MingEn did elaborate a lot in this series and i still kept on continuing to watch just because of them, if not, i think i really gotta stop watching it in the half way~ *where started from the episode 6 until the end, the storyline has been so messed up~

wow, so glad that you're a non-fan of Ming Dao can say that~ :)
his acting has been improving better and better :)

#1768 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 3119 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:18 AM

en en i completely agree with this.
in terms of acting, both MD & QE have improved ALOT.
and yes i agree. his crying scenes were very impressive in YYSJY.

storyline.. well why does it seem like im the only one who dont like WZBQWs storyline.
i mean that losing memory thing is so overdone. im quite sick of it actually.
and i thought the whole drama was quite immature & unrealistic at the time.
the only thing that made me finish it was MingEn and their chemistry.
hmm maybe i should watch it again :P

#1769 miniv

miniv

Addict

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6174 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

I actually thought the Ah Lu Ka part was the more realistic part :P
Cuz I'm in high school and seriously, the guys here still does that.
At least some of them haha.
It's something that really does happen in schools.

#1770 hyperhang

hyperhang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:34 AM

I just finished watching this series and I thought it was good. In terms of comparing this series with WZBQZ, I liked WZBQW better, but in terms of acting I liked YYSJY. Their acting was more emotionally stronger in this series. Like what Aspire said I thought MD couldn't cry but when I saw this series I was surprised how good he could cry that I cried with him. I love mingen's chemistry....but then again who doesn't. If one day I decide to rewatch this series of which I will (me love MD) I would probably only watch ep 1-10 then skip to watch the last two eps. After he woke up from his death I thought the story line was just too out there.

#1771 ceres

ceres

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:07 AM

YAY! Lots of cute Ming Dao and Qiao En scenes here! The two of their chemistry is just as good here. The beginning was very good being there was alot more action for a typical drama but later at the end the love triangle made the action scenes die down. Jealous Ming Dao is sooo cute!!!!

#1772 cheeiky

cheeiky

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

Haha. currently rewatching this show since its airing on tv now. Couldn't help being drawn by the interactions between AJ and XT. They really have great chemistry together and I felt that this drama will be weak without them on the screen, seriously. :D

#1773 forevergirl

forevergirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:45 AM

starting watching this, im on ep5, while waiting for FTLY,

..I must say its a good funny drama series, I loved the Discipline Master, he always ask XT to duel w/ him but he always lost in one blow... thats so funny...

..love those 4 guys, FW is so HOT coz he's so tall... \

..noticed XT character to XY@ FTLY its different...

..hope they will solve the mystery..

#1774 arkinarch1287

arkinarch1287

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:20 AM

I've re-watched this series twice as well! I really liked it! :) Before the release of YYSJY, i was always re-watching WQBQW...hahah! I really like shows where MingEn is together. To me, it seems like a habit already.

forevergirl, i like FW too :) But i think he's too tall for XT...hahah!

#1775 forevergirl

forevergirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

forevergirl, i like FW too :) But i think he's too tall for XT...hahah!

..hahha yeah akinarch he's tall fo her....

Just finished watching , I must say I enjoyed watching it, the three guys are really supportive each other especially when AJ & XT are having problems, and FW characters is so cool, Im satisfied w/ the ending they become a special undercover... hahahha, still in the end AJ & XT still arguing.... but the end somethings missing on the written type, is there gonna be a season 2 or special something?

#1776 di88di88

di88di88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

why are the taiwan series has seperated actress..like they are in different groups. like different categories of actress..

where is my post? i really don't understand y is it missing?

#1777 Little_Heaven

Little_Heaven

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

I haven't seen the whole series because it became too much in the last episodes. The story is too childish and pointless. Maybe it's my problem, I should maybe give it a try by seeing it all. But no thanks! It's enough after 20 episodes, I can't see another 10 more. And it shouldn't take that long to find a series good. The most interesting part is when Ah Ziang (spelling? the main male character) came into an accident and was nearly to die. I actually followed it up tightly then, but afterwards everything seems like a mess. It lost my interest.
I reckon the whole thing circulate around the main couple. If you have not got enough from the series "The prince turns into frog", then maybe this series will get you full.

#1778 ChemMaster

ChemMaster

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2436 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:13 AM

Boy, do I miss YYSJY!

Lol, I say this with every drama I haven't seen in a long time.
But srsly.. I think this drama wasn't that bad. There was a really big section in the middle where it got super draggy, but that's about it.

I found it satisfying :thumbsup maybe it's because I like Qiao En too much anyways! haha.

The whole point is?
YYSJY was a drama that touched people's hearts. When Xia Tian couldn't exactly open up herself to tell Ah Jiang, when Ah Jiang felt so deeply for Xia Tian.. it was unspeakable. Even the scenes between Bulu and.. Xiao?? (forgot her name already), I thought was very touching. And Xiao Han certainly played a key role too.

I think this series is just a little bit predictable, but otherwise, fantastic.

#1779 fabbie

fabbie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

i have just finish watching this series.. i can say. i love it!

#1780 thtlam

thtlam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:42 AM

I thought YYSJY was not a bad drama maybe some will say it is a bad drama because they keep comparing it to the huge success of WZBQW, in YY all the characters are memorable I especially like the friends, they stick together and believe in each other no matter what and I really like that, AJ and XT relationship was tested and they overcame that
QE and MD acting improved a lot compare to in WZBQW and overall I love this series

#1781 qttam

qttam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

I love this drama. I think it was better than ptf because there is more depth to the characters and the story. PTF was too fairytale like for me. And the memory loss was a bit overrated.

#1782 qiaoen_forever

qiaoen_forever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:40 PM

I really love YYSJY! But It was kindaaaa.. I just want a continuation.. more episodes will do. haha! But it's ok. I really enjoy the story. Hoping that I can have an original DVD copy of this series. hahaha. WISHFUL THINKING only. LOL

BTW, this drama is already airing here in the Philippines. It's really nice to see MingEn and others again here on Philippine TV. :D

#1783 Mandy.sg

Mandy.sg

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

I find that this is one great Mingen production! It is very different from WZBQW...basically frog prince is like those romantic princess-prince love story, whereas YYSJY is more like cute, lively, cheerful stories of students in YY school...its really wonderful! what kind of drama do u guys wish to see Mingen in most? romance, mystery, school, comedy or detective ones??
maybe a fighting based drama like Mr Fighting (5566) will be cute??
Mingen is absolutely cute in YYSJY!!

#1784 rambutan.lucy

rambutan.lucy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

I don't understand why the ratings were that low for this series. The first part of Ying Ye was hilarious and action packed. I like that. The second part turned more serious. I like that too, if not more. I also don't understand why people said the show was haphazardedly produced. OK, maybe only a very little bit, but overall, I found the series entertaining, and that's all that matters. I watch a series to be entertained, and I got it. The fact that Ming Dao and Qiao En are leads helps. They are two of the finest actors to come out of Taiwanese idols.

#1785 lazyandy

lazyandy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:14 AM

i've seen the first two episodes and i'm really enjoying the chemistry between the two leads, i'm wondering why this series isn't getting the attention that it should

#1786 -shey-

-shey-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

haha so i was in the mood for something romanc-y and fun last night, and i rewatched the episode where - okay wait i just realized that this is a bit of a spoiler, so i'm going to add a spoiler tag (my very first one!)

Spoiler

anyway, i'm not the hugest fan of the series itself - in terms of chemistry, i think WZBQW is better, but i do think that this scene is one of the best that MingEn has filmed together. I actually like YYSJY a lot better the second time through actually.

#1787 leeda

leeda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

I tried to watch dis for de sake of my idols.. Ah.. Everytime i feel like y it's like dis n like dat.. In short, whole story isn't well linked, n boring..
However i stil watched it. eye-candy only..every character has personality n cute.. Esp QE :) not de cast's faults it basically poor storyline

I'm a writer myself.. I feel dis drama plot is cliché..all dis casts r famous.. I doubt y they accept dis poor drama,
I hope later they more careful wit selecting drama to act..

I almost cry .it totally killed my anticipation for all my idols when i heard it out i rushed download it.. Cuz PTF n The Rose were damn good..
De main characters in dis drama r al my idols who i dying to see esp HZW n guy who is Police Officer in love wit Xian Tian, forget his name hehe..I CANT BELIEVE they rarely appear then they chose to act in dis poor.. I don no how long can i love them More..however i'l see their next projects n decide.. Hope they get de right drama n shine again ;)

Luckily, QE has Fated to love u dat keep me loved ;)
Go.. ming dao, yr next project must be de must watch!! Promise ok...

I feel good can relieve wat i've been keeping inside for so long ha..

#1788 Mandy.sg

Mandy.sg

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:39 AM

i feel that this series is not that bad though. i think every actor really suit the kind of character they are acting. mingdao's character, very brave but shy when it comes to matters of the heart, mingdao really acted that well. he also had great chemistry with qiaoen. and mengzhe as bulu is also a great choice, since he just has that blur, hyper look written all over his face.
although i have to admit the non-leading characters such as the police officer who like qe has less appearance, i would rather they appear less. i know those characters are important, but it should not lead us off the storyline. like the episode where the officer starts appearing and mingdao fell into coma, i did not even watch that episode because it sorts of drags off the main storyline.

#1789 syifa

syifa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1420 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

stroryline is something boring and not good but all artist they acting so great specially MingEn I love they acting in YYSJ compare WZBQW coz in YYSJ all emotion they have

#1790 Srey Ni

Srey Ni

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:54 AM

Just finished watching the series. Very cute in the beginning and touching in the end.. surprised to read that the ratings for this series wasn't all that good. I'm now tossing up between being a MingEn fan or a TianEn fan.. but regardless, Qiao En is adorable. Her acting was superb in this series. Can hardly wait to see MingEn's next drama.

#1791 Ahgong

Ahgong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

If I'm not wrong, there's another MingEn drama after Ying Ye. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it :thumbsup

Ying Ye has been excellent until Brother Frog appeared :crying:
I just wished that character never did appear at all in the show
Ruined everything. At least for me. Not sure about the rest of the viewers :unsure:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users