AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Asian albinos

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Deltan

Deltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

The other day, it was interesting to see an asian albino becuase while at a restaurant i saw a this little girl from behind which she had very blonde hair and very, very pale skin. I thought she was mixed or adopted because she was with her asian father but then saw her mother so i realised she must've been albino. lol

#2 Seiyagy

Seiyagy

Wwaaahhh!!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1250 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:15 PM

Was her pupils red? Albinos are very sensitve towards sunlight, because they miss the colouring agents (?) in skin and eyes. Normally most Asian have brown pupils, while the albinos got none, so you'll see behind their pupils, so that's why it's red I thought :)

#3 PearledOrchid

PearledOrchid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

Albinos lack melanin, that's why there's hardly any color in their skin, hair, and other tissue area.
Their eyes don't have to turn red. It could be yellow, purple, and blue. Most of the times they are blue. Red eyes are usually seen in animals, such as mice and rabbits.

Here are some pictures of an albino Hong Kong supermodel: Connie Chiu

Posted Image

Posted Image
Connie is known for her purple eyes.
* Can't remember where I got those pictures from

Edited by PearledOrchid, 14 April 2007 - 02:46 PM.

#4 iCanFly

iCanFly

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3142 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:02 AM

looks like a man in the 1st picture,
kinda freaky looking, ghost like!
kinda neat though, dont' see that everyday right?
i've seen albino negros and whites but never an asian, at least I dont think i have.

#5 ђŋ

ђŋ

"comet halley"

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:26 AM

most of the albinos scare me, because they look like ghosts. So pale and not all of them have blonde hair, it's colourless.

#6 Deltan

Deltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:02 AM

Hey guys, i found some really cute pictures of asian children with albinism.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

There are more pictures of albinos from most race, even white!
SItes are from http://www.knowlton....m/Photo_mon.htm
http://groups.yahoo....group/baichina/

#7 Guest_Miss Tiffany_*

Guest_Miss Tiffany_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:11 PM

I haven't seen an Asian albino before. My dad said he did when he was in primary school; people just thought he was an American.

#8 flyingsolo

flyingsolo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

ive never seen an albino before.. until today from these pics... hmm must admit its quite scarey heh.. so what happens to them if they go into the sun?

#9 clueless123

clueless123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

^think they get easily sun burned?

yeh the first pic of connie looked like a man.. kinda scary.

#10 Neyvaa

Neyvaa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:28 PM

yeah they get very easy sunburned.

I saw an albino last week. Don't know if she was asian though.

#11 XiLeRaTe

XiLeRaTe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:45 PM

Well I learned that in biology albinism occurs by having both recessive traits as the dominant trait. This usually occurs by marrying someone with closely related genetics with you. Does that mean that they married one of their own blood?

I think albinos are scary to a certain extent. I rarely seen an albino but for an Asian one? Never. I wish to see one though.

#12 blue rebel

blue rebel

God's Little Girl

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:43 AM

I think, to date, I've only seen ONE Asian albino.

Are there Indian albinos, I wonder? What would they look like? :P Pretty curious.

Edited by blue rebel, 16 April 2007 - 01:44 AM.

#13 Kuna

Kuna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:49 AM

Asian albinos are harder to spot. Apparently, there was an african albino, and the husband suspected his wife for sleeping with a white man. lolol. Its like when the pigmen fails to produce colour.

#14 mOm0_casey

mOm0_casey

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:52 AM

i've never seen asian albino before... i didnt even know they existed ><" i find that to be a lil scary too

#15 Yoo Ri

Yoo Ri

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:40 AM

There's so many stereotypes about albinos... not all of them are "scary" looking! But there are so few of them and ppl only talk about the "scary" ones. -_-"

I have a lot of albinos in my family. My grandfather has light brown hair and light blue eyes. There's NO ONE in my family, blood or by marriage, that's not 100% Korean. So yea, it's not always white hair and red eyes. :\

#16 IVY♥

IVY♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:17 PM

I've only seen one albino before but then just once. Never seen an asian albino, i thought there wasn't >.< but yeah nice pics, you don't see them everday...

#17 dujun

dujun

★ girlfriend of nation boyfriend

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5235 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

I see them before, but then again I live in Singapore. Most of the people I see here are Asians. I know of a guy who only partly albino because only one side of his face and hair is white. I feel quite sorry for him. And people in Singapore should know that Lee Hsien Long's (he is our Prime Minister) son is an albino.

#18 fall_out

fall_out

asian-inadequate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2642 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:40 PM

i never knew there were such things as asian albinos (though ive heard of black ones) i alwasy thought that even 1% asain would cancel the chance of any offspring being albino. guess im wrong, but those pictures scare me, i mean no offense but...
u know, albinoism is the lack of pigmintation in the skin, but isnt that what all asians r striving for now? white skin?

#19 firefaery

firefaery

♡ ♥ JaeJoong Lover ♥ ♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2064 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:23 AM

albinism can be actually happen to any race..
yeah, i've seen a lot of albino asians.. even in our university, i know one.. :)

#20 Gotta Luv Me

Gotta Luv Me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

yup its true..happens to every race..hrmm but i've never seen or met one...but i know albino caucasians..

#21 rainbow_snakes

rainbow_snakes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

yeh i saw a girl with albanism when i was in jusco in HK, i was really shocked because she has white skin, white hair but weirdly enough she has really dark eyes! i'm 100% she did not bleach/dye her hair and skin because she looked about 8 years old

#22 ~Minty~

~Minty~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1260 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:30 PM

Wow, I never seen any albinos in my life, thanks for sharing all these pictures, looks very interesting...

I had quick read from wiki and I saw this picture:

Posted Image

It looks like because of their pale skin they can get Melanoma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanoma much easier than others...

#23 azn_gal

azn_gal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

woah asian albino hard core! i've onli seen a cauasian albino before! but i guess since thier albinos they all look the sameeeeee can't really ytell teh diffeence unless u look at thier parents

Albinos lack melanin, that's why there's hardly any color in their skin, hair, and other tissue area.
Their eyes don't have to turn red. It could be yellow, purple, and blue. Most of the times they are blue. Red eyes are usually seen in animals, such as mice and rabbits.

Here are some pictures of an albino Hong Kong supermodel: Connie Chiu

Posted Image

Posted Image
Connie is known for her purple eyes.
* Can't remember where I got those pictures from

uh not true they all have red eyes its just the contact lenses they use that amkes it a different colour...the purple contact lenses have special UvV protection for thier eyes any other colours that are different are also some sort of chemical in the contact lenses which protect their eyes from UV

#24 PearledOrchid

PearledOrchid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

woah asian albino hard core! i've onli seen a cauasian albino before! but i guess since thier albinos they all look the sameeeeee can't really ytell teh diffeence unless u look at thier parents
uh not true they all have red eyes its just the contact lenses they use that amkes it a different colour...the purple contact lenses have special UvV protection for thier eyes any other colours that are different are also some sort of chemical in the contact lenses which protect their eyes from UV

No, they don't all have to have red eyes. The ones with red eyes have the severe form of albinism called, oculocutaneous albinism. Most albinos' eyes will fall into the blue/gray shades.

"Iris color is usually blue/gray or light brown (Diagram 1). It is a common notion that people with albinism must have red eyes, but in fact the color of the iris varies from a dull gray to blue to brown. (A brown iris is common in ethnic groups with darker pigmentation.) Under certain lighting conditions, there is a reddish or violet hue reflected through the iris, which has very little pigment. This reddish reflection comes from the retina, which is the surface lining the inside of the eye. This reddish reflection is similar to that which occurs when a flash photograph is taken of a person looking directly at the camera, and the eyes appear red. With some types of albinism the red color can reflect back through the iris as well as through the pupil."

source: http://albinism.med.umn.edu/facts.htm

As in Connie Chiu's case, she described her eyes as blue/gray, which gives the purple shade when there's enough light entering her eyes (of course she's wearing contacts, but they're not purple, they're how do I say...clear and tinted.).

Edited by PearledOrchid, 01 June 2007 - 09:06 AM.

#25 Kenway

Kenway

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1558 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

Never seen 1 myself .. no offence to them but if u are not use to it and u look at 1 .. it is kinda scary .... but well .. we have to respect them also ...

#26 fukwailui

fukwailui

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:55 AM

I've only ever seen one Asian albino before... I think they're quite rare

#27 Ruichan

Ruichan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

I've seen quite a few asian albinos but I've never seen any african american albinos at all. Caucasian albinos, I'm not even sure if those I've seen are albinos. For instance, one family I know, mother's Japanese and father's white. Both daughters have dark brown hair and eyes. However, the youngest son is VERY blonde with blue eyes and very pale. His father is blonde so I thought maybe the son inherited all his father's genes even though he has asian eyes.

#28 spirit

spirit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1922 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

being albino is an inherited trait, even if their parents aren't. :blink: i'd think it would be hard for an asian to be albino...

but i have yet to see an albino person.

#29 Rasckita

Rasckita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:32 PM

I've only seen afro-descendents albinos. I've never seen a white or asian albino...

#30 chococake

chococake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:10 PM

there was an albino in my class last year, but i couldn't tell whether he was african american or asian. :unsure:

#31 ~May~

~May~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:55 AM

there was an asian albino guy in my class, he was chinese too....but i didn't even noe he was chinese until he told the class tat...cause he looked normal and he looked white

#32 GhstDreamer

GhstDreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:28 AM

Never encountered a person who's an albino before. Though, one of my collegues have a sister who has twin daughters who are both albino. I saw a picture of them and because their parents were quite pale with very pale blonde hair, it wasn't that obvious.

#33 x3ternaltearsx

x3ternaltearsx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:40 PM

wow ive never seen one that is Asian O.o would be interesting probably but i doubt ill be able to spot them even if i pass them

#34 kaniha

kaniha

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:35 AM

albino doesnt look scary. they look just like a typical white man. what so scary about that? i had former schoolmate who's an albino. back in primary school i thought he and his sister have mixed parentage, but some people said they have this disease which i didnt know until i was in secondary school. it's albino.
although their looks aren't like typical asians, but they speak and live like ones. so dont say they look scary.

#35 rain_bow

rain_bow

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:33 AM

i've seen an asian albino is sg, but it was just a quick look
in the world record book, they are a non asian albinos, the parents are africian and they have three albino kids. albinos are quite rare, you dont see much of them.

#36 skyfox388

skyfox388

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

Recently, I got to know a new Chinese friend and to my suprise his sister is a Asian albino, she has blond hair. Unfortunately I haven't meet her in person only saw her picture.

#37 raiders14

raiders14

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

asian albinos is reallyyy.rare...almost not..so it is quit strange..