AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Anyone look taller or shorter than they really are?

15 replies to this topic

#1 greenmaverick500

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:39 AM

Whether it's your guy friends or woman friends, do any of you look shorter or taller than you really are? I'm 21 and am 5'8 barefoot but thought i was 5'9 until the doctor measured me a few years ago. The thing is I have this sort of spikey -afro type hair that makes me look taller.

I have some friends that are around 5'8 but i look taller than them b/c my height is sort of tricky. They even say I am not 5'8 when i tell them my height. When i wear shoes, I am 5'9 and my hair adds probably another 2 inches. However, when i get a haircut, I look like i SHRUNK and look real short. That's why i always keep my spike afro going.

Is it me or am i so bothered by the 5'8 height? I just want to be 5'9 since that is average and 5'8 sounds like OH so close if you get what i mean.

I also see a lot of woman who say they prefer a guy to be AT LEAST 5'9. Does 5'8 and 5'9 mean that big of a difference to woman especially those shallow ones?

#2 cpxpimpintrainin

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:53 AM

hmm I really dont think that one inch makes that much difference. I think 5'8 is a good height for an asian guy. Most asian girls are like 5'2 and under anyway. Im 5'5 for an asian girl people tell me that im very tall. Are you asian? I do look alot taller than I am because I have longer legs and shorter back. So my husband is a little taller he is only 5'7 and everyone thinks im taller and hes a lot shorter when he is still like 2 inches taller than me!! I guess that some people do look taller and some look shorter. Me cuz of long legs I look taller. He also pretty hunchbacked.

#3 greenmaverick500

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

View Postcpxpimpintrainin, on Jun 16 2007 5 53 AM, said:

hmm I really dont think that one inch makes that much difference. I think 5'8 is a good height for an asian guy. Most asian girls are like 5'2 and under anyway. Im 5'5 for an asian girl people tell me that im very tall. Are you asian? I do look alot taller than I am because I have longer legs and shorter back. So my husband is a little taller he is only 5'7 and everyone thinks im taller and hes a lot shorter when he is still like 2 inches taller than me!! I guess that some people do look taller and some look shorter. Me cuz of long legs I look taller. He also pretty hunchbacked.

yes i am asian. 5'5 for you is a bit taller than average.

#4 Angel_Star

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, I'm 5'4" but sometimes people think I'm 5'7" because I'm slim. When I go out with my family I feel so tall because most of them are around 5' or 5'1", I'm taller than most of them. But when I go out with my friends, I feel short. heh... weird! :)

#5 ardens

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

I'm 6 foot even and people always think I'm around 5'10". Usually people much shorter than me too. I guess they either overestimate their own height or underestimate mine. And also my neck is longer than average and my head is big so maybe the rest of my body doesn't seem that tall. But I measured myself and 6' is the right height :P. Maybe even 6'0.5" to 6'1" right when I get up in the morning....

Edited by ardens, 16 June 2007 - 10:19 PM.

#6 aznhon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:35 PM

Sometimes a person may look taller or shorter based on their physical structure, stout vs fat vs skinny and whether they have longer/shorter legs :) Honestly if the girl really likes you than it really doesn't matter if you are 5'6 or 5'8. I wouldn't worry so much!

#7 greenmaverick500

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

To the females here that are around 5'2-5'3 what would you consider a good height for a guy? Someone who was 5'0 said 5'8 would be their ideal height for their b/f

#8 xoxosweetheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

Well I'm a girl, and I think as long as the guy is 2 inches taller than me, it'll be okay. I'm 5 6, but usually I like to slouch, so I seem shorter.

#9 Guest_lia_*

• Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

i'm a 5ft4and a half girl, lame as it is but yeh a guy 3inches taller than me would be ideal, cos i like to be able to wear my 3inch heels. so i guess it depends on the girl ya dating.

#10 blue rebel

God's Little Girl

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:38 PM

I'm just under 5'3" - but for some reason some people have said they thought I was a lot shorter, and some have said that they thought I was a lot taller. Errrrrr. Gee.

#11 SamJ_520

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

Hmm..i am 5"4..
i think i look taller than that because my legs are slim, and longer than my body. my body is shorter than my legs..
also, when i wear high-heels, i look really tall! u wouldn't even think i am 5"4 lol.

i think 5"8 is an alright height..average :]

#12 XianXianz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

Hmm im 5`10 but my picture make me look like 5`2 *_*

#13 babi gRL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:03 AM

the height of a person is usually fooled by the *chubbiness* of a person, although i dont like saying this, but fat people usually look shorter

#14 me_lalaine18

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:19 AM

yeah, someone does... i am 5'7 and 18 yrs old but my friends tell me that i look like im were same height or has a gap of half inch to that guy(the guy i liked) when i ask them once... but when this guys stand beside me, he is taller about 3 inch and when i ask what his height is, he said 5'10 and half..... and yeah, someone with long legs and slim really looks taller than his/her height like me..
another case, my sister, she's 16 and 5'4 and a half... she's a bit chubby and she looks smaller than her height,, she got not short legs but not long legs like me.. were exactly opposite in terms of body type...

Edited by me_lalaine18, 23 June 2007 - 08:21 AM.

#15 thedorkster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:01 AM

my mom always say guys always appear shorter than a girl that share the same height for some reason and being skinny also may cause one to seem taller

#16 Roxas6

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:28 AM

don't feel bad bro, i'm 5'1" and im a guy. I'd love to be ur height!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users