cindy au au sin yi

71 replies to this topic

#1 gary 1991

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 09:14 PM

Cindy Au Sin Yee, born December 16th, 1979 in Hong Kong with family roots in Shunde, Guangdong, China, is an actress for TVB. She plays major supporting roles in drama serials.

She began her entertainment career as a singer, and was famous for the theme song to the Cantonese version of the cartoon Chibi Maruko-chan.

On July 22, 2006, Cindy Au married her boyfriend Roger Kwok at Disneyland, Hong Kong. She gave birth to their son, Brad, on March 23, 2008

Posted Image

Name: 歐倩怡 / Au Sin Yee (Ou Qian Yi)
English name: Cindy Au
Profession: Actress and singer
Birthdate: 1979-Dec-16
Birthplace: Hong Kong
Height: 160cm
Star sign: Sagittarius
Family: Husband/actor Roger Kwok and son Brad

TV Series
La Femme Desperado (TVB, 2006)
Misleading Track (TVB, 2005)
The Gentle Crackdown (TVB, 2005)
Lady Fan (TVB, 2004)
The Vigilante in the Mask (TVB, 2004)
Back to Square One (TVB, 2003)
Aiming High (TVB, 1999)
Journey to the West II (TVB, 1998)

Movies
Final Romance (2001)
Devil Eye (2001)

Album
Get It Right (2001)

Edited by mv_288, 28 September 2008 - 03:59 AM.

#2 Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 04:14 AM

woah,Roger is like 10 years older than her probablie......any1 noe how they met?????

• Guests

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:33 AM

ummm...does anyone have a pic of Cindy cause I dont really know who she is...tnx...

#4 forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 04:09 AM

yea Roger's 15 years older than her or something like that, but i think they make a cute couple! hehe ^^

heres a website on her:
http://emspace.homes...cindyspace.html

theres pics & even a description of her relationship with Roger! =) credit goes to Em

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao]

Talking of Cindy Au, what do you think of?
Roger Kwok's girlfriend, singer of the theme to Children's programme 'Chibi Maruko' (Siu Yuen chi), TVB artiste...
Although she has many different identities, the one that usually springs to mind is that of being girlfriend to Roger. Although she does not want to talk too much about her boyfriend, the truth is that since she started dating him, her profile has been raised and this has lead to her work increasing as well.

Setting out as a singer, Cindy chose to start acting when her record company closed down and although the pressure in acting is not as great as singing, she still hopes to be able to go back to her roots. She says: "Both acting and singing make me happy, but singing is ultimately my original path and I was doing quite well, gaining some newcomer awards in 2001. If I have the chance, I hope that I can build on these good foundations and gain some good results." However, Cindy understands that being a singer now is not the same as it once was, due to the changes in the music industry and the fall in value of the singing star. As a result, much as she wishes to return to singing, she daren't wish too hard and will go along with the flow.

This is the second year that Cindy has moved over to acting from singing and as she has never had any formal acting training, she has to learn as she goes along. At first, it was quite hard work but things are starting to fall into place now. She says: "Taking 'Lady Fan' for example, I had a lot of complicated lines that were all about numerology and when I get nervous I will forget all my lines. Luckily, Wai Ka Hung took great care in teaching me and when he saw me looking puzzled, he would help me out and tell me how to relax because I was acting too rigidly. I am very thankful to him! (Has your boyfriend taught you anything?) He has also been teaching me, but he is often busy with his own work. He has told me to use what I learn and flow in my performance."

Although her time in actual acting is still short, Cindy has had many chances to perform such as in the recent 'Lady Fan' and 'Vigilante in the Mask'. As her roles grow larger, she has become happier and hopes that she can make more series in the future and increase her value. When asked what characters she would like to do, she smiles: "Actually my age is no longer that young, but I have a baby face and I get given a lot of 'little sister' roles. I hope that I can leap out of the little sister roles soon. I would most like to perform in a blind girl's role because expression in the eyes is very important in acting and to act without the aid of the eye expression is another level of acting skill."

In order not to restrict her acting path, Cindy has been trying to make herself look more mature. As well as adding hair extensions, she is no longer speaking with a high pitched voice as she purposely drives down her tone to remove the innocence from her voice. Also, she has been reading up on etiquette. She says: "I like to read psychology books. (Do you hope to understand your boyfriend and control him?) No, it is to help with my acting because to play a role, you have to understand the humanity behind it. Also it will help me in real life to deal with other people. (Have you increased the understanding with your boyfriend?) Him? He is already in the palm of my hands!" Cindy feels that you should not just concentrate on holding onto your boyfriend. A lot of bosses are men as well and if you can further understand them, then your own work will go more smoothly.

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

#6 anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:49 AM

[News]

Bowie Lam, Christine Ng, Deric Wan, Cindy Au, Kwok Fung and Mary Hon were filming in a hotel yesterday for new series "Grey Tracks" for a ball scene where Kwok Fung and Mary Hon's characters were celebrating their 25th Wedding anniversary with a lavish party.

In real life, Kwok Fung and his wife Au Yeung Pui Shan have just celebrated their silver wedding anniversary on 9th September last year and this year will be their 26th year together. Talking of it not being easy to maintain a marriage for such a long time, Kwok Fung says: "Other people find it hard, but we found it really easy. How to keep the marriage going? The main thing is down to the hard work from both people, we will never feel like old husband old wife, because Pui Shan treats me like a child and I admit that I will never grow up. Don't see the Pui Shan seems strong on the outside, in fact she is very soft."

Talking of keeping a marriage being down to the work of both parties, Bowie interrupted, saying: "Is your sex life co-ordinated?". To which Kwok replied: "If it isn't co-ordinated, how would we have managed 26 years?"

Christine appeared in her own personal ballgown worth several tens of thousands of dollars and sporting many crystals on the dress. Since filming for "Grey Tracks" started, yesterday's scene was the first with so many of the cast members together. When Christine was asked to pose with Bowie in a dancing stance, Bowie joked that she has dropped a lot of things. Talking of the last event where Christine said that she admired Bowie, did her husband complain afterwards? She laughs that what she said was from the heart and liking a person does not mean she loves him or will marry him, but from a working or a friendly point of view, Bowie is a very likeable person. She also says that her husband has not been to visit her on set and will not be troubled because for her husband, as long as she is happy, then he will relax.

Deric and Cindy play a husband and wife in the show and yesterday they struck a pose at the request of the press. This is only the third time that Deric has danced for a show and the last time was over ten years ago when he left the choreographer very frustrated.

Talking of his girlfriend, Sonija Kwok being a very able dancer, Deric immediately agreed: "She has a lot of talent in many areas, such as Chinese dance, Jazz dance and so on. At first I thought that she had started to dance when she was young, but this is not the case as she was rather quiet when she was young." He also reveals that he wanted to learn some social dances with his girlfriend to help with his acting, like driving and riding is. When it was mentioned that Sonija's riding is very good too, he cannot help but praise her again, saying: "She is both pretty and intelligent and is my teacher in many areas. Not only is she my English teacher, she is also very well mannered. Maybe this was because her family have always been quite strict, so she is very polite with people. She can also work harder than me and has a stronger drive to succeed than me. (So what do you have to teach her?) Basically I have nothing I can teach her!"

http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#7 kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 11:46 PM

at first i really liked Cindy espically her singing
after i knew that she was with Roger i thought Roger wasnt good enough for her cause hes so old
but now that i start to reallly love Roger i start to think that Cindy isnt good enough for him

but they are a pretty good couple

#8 forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 04:52 AM

anneheung11, on Jun 8 2004 11 49 PM, said:

[News]

Bowie Lam, Christine Ng, Deric Wan, Cindy Au, Kwok Fung and Mary Hon were filming in a hotel yesterday for new series "Grey Tracks" for a ball scene where Kwok Fung and Mary Hon's characters were celebrating their 25th Wedding anniversary with a lavish party.

Deric and Cindy play a husband and wife in the show and yesterday they struck a pose at the request of the press. This is only the third time that Deric has danced for a show and the last time was over ten years ago when he left the choreographer very frustrated.

http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/
Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 09 July 2004 - 10:11 PM

She's too young for Roger Kwok! He's almost old enough to be her father~!

#10 HeavenlyCharm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:53 AM

Hmm Roger has a baby face,so still look young, but cindy has a young face too.
Is she new at acting? never seen her before lady fan. I love her as Kam Ling, she is cute in acient costume, can u post a pic of her?

• Guests

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:27 PM

HeavenlyCharm, on Aug 17 2004 11 53 AM, said:

Is she new at acting? never seen her before lady fan. I love her as Kam Ling, she is cute in acient costume, can u post a pic of her?
Cindy Au started as a singer b4 coming into the acting business. She was in a couple of TVBi's traveling or exploring series. She also was In "The Journey To The West" staring as Hong Ha Yee the one with Benny Chan and Kwong Wah at TVBi. She was also in a couple other series too. clapclap

#12 Tumby_tum

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:03 PM

Cindy & Roger makes a good couple. Even though there is a huge age difference but because of Roger's baby face, you can't tell. It's not like he looks like her brother or something. They do match. Also, I find Cindy's acting is pretty good, hopefully, she be able to jump out of that 'little sister' role, and try others.

#13 mystical

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:19 PM

Well it goes to show that age is not a barrier in a relationship if both parties are true to each other...i quite like roger though

#14 kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:30 PM

ya age doesnt matter i think
and also i agree with Tumby_tum Roger does have a really cute Baby face

#15 Teufel66

Nobody Knows

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:13 AM

Isn't she a bit young for Roger. ..They should do a series together.

She's okay actress..I was somewhat impressed with her crazy potrayal of the celebrity in Placebo Cure.

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:39 PM

long time not seeing Cindy from any series la...what is she doing now

#17 XxMoOmOoxX

~_~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:09 AM

mysticxder, on Jul 9 2004 4 11 PM, said:

She's too young for Roger Kwok!  He's almost old enough to be her father~!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...even though roger is 15 years older den cindy au...it dosnt matter...because age is jus a number...dey like/love each other...dats all dat matters...who cares if hes 15 yrs older den her...

• Guests

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:04 AM

She is currently filming this new tvb serie with Niki Chow, and Moses Chan.
Does anyone know the name of this show??

Posted Image

#19 Jon Lai

for techies=> http://www.emvee.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:47 PM

HeavenlyCharm, on Aug 17 2004 5 53 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same i prsonally didn't see her until lady fan, but i loved her portrayal in lady fan.

i never knew roger was 40 already!

#20 shindo_hikaru

God of Cookery

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:48 AM

Name: Cindy Au
Birthday: 16 Dec, 1979
Zodiac sign: Sheep
Height: 158 cm
Weight: 92 kg
Boyfriend : Roger Kwok

Doesn't she sing as well ? i remembered hearing some of her songs ages ago ..

she quite short and fat ! 92kg thats even heavier than me =D

#21 mystical

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 06:08 AM

she's 92 kg????? i think they typed wrongly...don't think she's that fat....and OMG she is soo evil in the gentle crackdown

#22 misspinky

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 05:05 AM

She is currently filming this new tvb serie with Niki Chow, and Moses Chan.
Does anyone know the name of this show??

Posted Image

it's the gentle crackdown

#23 Jon Lai

for techies=> http://www.emvee.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:59 AM

mystical, on Jun 16 2005 12 08 AM, said:

she's 92 kg????? i think they typed wrongly...don't think she's that fat....and OMG she is soo evil in the gentle crackdown

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

92kg is impossible. 1kg=2.2pounds, so 92kg is 215.6 pounds. must've been 92 pounds

• Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:21 AM

:iloveyou: She looks CUTE with Roger :iloveyou:

#25 spirit

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:46 PM

cindy au is pretty cute. but her eyes are so big that they looking like they're about to pop out sometimes...

• Guests

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:03 AM

omg, i love cindy au in the gentle crackdown, shes so funny in it. i think that she should do more comedies. 4 those that have yet to watch it, she likes moses at the beginning but switches to liking someone else in the last episode. so funny how it happens.

#27 deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

yup shes cute i dunno her voice is kinda like soft and squeaky but its cute...i like her and roger together...how did they meet?

#28 Pink.Rose.Petals*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

Roger and Cindy Enjoy a Cinema Date

The film "All About My Dog" held a charity premiere in aid of the SPCA and many stars were along to show their support, including Eason Chan, Candy Lo, Jerry Lamb, Lily Hong, Roger Kwok, Cindy Au, Jessica Hsuan, Felix Wong, Eddie Cheung and Anne Heung.

Roger and Cindy turned the event into a date and Roger revealed that they have recently moved into a new house and adopted a mongrel from the SPCA. He says that his girlfriend has always wanted to own a pet dog, but she couldn't when she was younger because of a skin allergy. Now she has fulfilled her wish. Roger gained some weight earlier whilst filming for "Legend of Ah Wong", but now that filming has finished, he has lost some of it again. He hopes to lose another seven or eight pounds.

Jessica was at the premiere with Mak Ging Ting and as a dog-lover herself, she was immediately beside herself with joy when she noticed the dogs at the event as she stopped to play with them and share doggy stories with the other guests. Jessica says that filming will soon be ending for "Ah Wong" and she will then be heading out to Holland and Paris for a TVBI promotion before going to England to visit some of her old schoolmates. As for the recent bombings in London, Jessica says that she is not afraid of danger, but may avoid taking the underground. She will make sure of the situation before she heads out, but she says that if things are meant to be, then there is nothing you can do to avoid it.

Credits: Em & Tammy @ http://www.tvbspacen...05/roundup.html

#29 deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:44 AM

she wasnt too bad in misleading tracks...i dunno but i still think she looks really young..not her age at all so i was surprised to have seen her with deric wan

• Guests

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:31 AM

she looks soo cute wit roger lols XD they are a good couple together and she is not bad in the TVB series. especially the Gentle Crackdown. omg i was laughing my ass off everytime she appears in gentle crackdown XD and she is kind of evil T.T

• Guests

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:23 PM

indeed...she is evil in The Gentle Crackdown [[aka Scholar Meets Soldier]]

her eyes get pretty big when shes evil...anyone agree?

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:18 AM

I think she makes a good couple with roger kwok and isn't he a lot oplder than her and she has a baby face too. don't think she will be very far in her career.

#33 hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:09 PM

Au Sin Yi, she's so young looking, she's kind of cute. I remember watching her when she was a little girl, now she's all grown up and her acting is okay. I can't see her taking on a main character role for sure.

#34 edisonraylam

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 02:30 AM

I didn't really like Cindy's role in The Gentle Crackdown. She looks too girly and acts really immature. I can't believe she's going out with Roger Kwok.

• Guests

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:15 AM

my i didn't kno her bf was roger kwok!!

she's not that pretty
but i like roger kwok alot he's such a good actor
how can they go together?????? ahhhh

#36 deviantkiddo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:02 PM

I think she is quite cute. But I don't like her character in The Gentle Crackdown. How can she be with roger? She is way too young for him.

#37 cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:07 AM

She's Roger's girlfriend?? I didn't know that hehe
I think they make a cute couple together :)

#38 Guest_Guest_*

• Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

Bashful;, on Nov 7 2005 12 37 AM, said:

yup that was her.  I think she did a great job in that series

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate her because she was caught smoking once. Yup, she smokes
Why people smoke?
retarted?
stupid?

#39 boi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:41 PM

hehehhehehehehe awesome i didn't know that they were going out! i suppose they suit because they both do funny tvb series.

#40 Lady ??

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

she was in aiming high too :D
the serie with nicholas tse, nicola cheung, hawick lau. She was like the second or third lead..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users