AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Michelle Chen Yan Xi (陳妍希)

michelle chen chen yan xi

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#1 ily

ily

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:34 AM

WELCOME TO MICHELLE CHEN'S THREAD! ENJOY YOUR STAY :thumbsup

Posted ImagePosted Image

Name: éâ„¢³å¦?å¸Å’ / Chen Yan Xi

Profession: Actress

Best Known As: Xiao Nan In Why Why Love

Birthdate: May 31

Height: 160cm or 5 foot 3

Weight: 44kg or 97lbs

Star sign: Gemini

Blood type: O

Tv Show: Why Why Why (2007, CTS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally really admire her especially in Why Why Love! She was so cute in there and also if it's her first time acting i must say she did a very good job!

**if anyone knows anymore imformation please pm me ;)

Edited by SHE11x., 16 December 2007 - 04:35 AM.

#2 icie

icie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

how did she first get involved in beomcing an artiste from from being a normal girl (student)?

#3 sunshine_v

sunshine_v

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

Hey everyone I ‘m excite for know newcomer lead lady which pair with my beloved zaizai which I heard some where that she is younger than zaizai :iloveyou:

I have many Michelle Chen pics for sharing which I found it her blog. :iloveyou:

Posted Image
Posted Image
http://img.icez.net/.../1977075976.jpg
http://img.icez.net/.../1977075980.jpg
http://img.icez.net/.../1977075974.jpg
http://img485.imageshack is not allowed anymore is not allowed anymore.us/img485/3964/c557411528ss6.jpg

Edited by katherinekwokhk, 25 July 2007 - 08:54 AM.
Max of 2 pictures per post.

#4 leos_angel87

leos_angel87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:25 PM

yay! a michelle chen thread..I love her as 'jiang xiao nan' in wwl as rainie's best friend..she's quite adorable and it looks like she's a newcomer..anyone know how old she is?

#5 ~shinigami~

~shinigami~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:55 AM

I'm a huge Rainie fan so I can't believe I'm saying this but, Michelle Chen is even cuter than Rainie in Why Why Love. :P

#6 ~Giggles~

~Giggles~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:38 AM

i think that Michelle is really cute in Why Why Love and i agree with ~shinigami~, shes even cuter than Rainie!
sunshine_v, what is her blog address?

#7 sunshine_v

sunshine_v

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

i think that Michelle is really cute in Why Why Love and i agree with ~shinigami~, shes even cuter than Rainie!
sunshine_v, what is her blog address?

Giggles , see her blog ,

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/michelle531

I don’t understand Chinese
but I had read her profile by babelfish it show that she educate from USC
( University of Southern California) It ‘s same Patty Hou who actress co-operate
With zaizai in Fairy tales Romance.555 , I think she younger than both Zaizai and Patty Hou

Edited by SHE11x., 03 February 2008 - 03:29 AM.

#8 ~Giggles~

~Giggles~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

Giggles , see her blog ,

-live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-

I don’t understand Chinese
but I had read her profile by babelfish it show that she educate from USC
( University of Southern California) It ‘s same Patty Hou who actress co-operate
With zaizai in Fairy tales Romance.555 , I think she younger than both Zaizai and Patty Hou

Thanks =)
I read her profile and it does say that she educated at USC. Do you know if Michelle's going to take up any other roles after Why Why Love? I think that she is a good actress, although she seems too naive :P

Edited by SHE11x., 03 February 2008 - 03:30 AM.

#9 sunshine_v

sunshine_v

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

Thanks =)
I read her profile and it does say that she educated at USC. Do you know if Michelle's going to take up any other roles after Why Why Love? I think that she is a good actress, although she seems too naive :P

HEY Giggles ,as the article about Michelle chen new series with zaizai , ken and Guan ying
i guess from her character,possible she will act as interning tourist hotel assistant
and Guan ying will act as a fashion magazine reporter which this series has 2 lead actors
and 2 lead actress

zaizai=michelle chen ( Chen yan Xi) :iloveyou:
Ken= Terri Kwan (guan ying)
:iloveyou:

Pairing up with Vic Chou, Michelle Chen Resembles Barbie

Newcomer Michelle Chen has recently been chosen as the female lead in Right Here Waiting for You [unofficial English title], an upcoming TV drama sponsored by the Taiwan Tourism Bureau.

Michelle Chen, whose looks have been said to resemble Barbie, was selected yesterday for female lead in Tsai Zhr Pings new production, and will be working with Vic Chou. Upon hearing the news, Michelle Chen came to tears, but even more pressure came along with it.

The title of this new series is Right Here Waiting for You [unofficial English title], with Director Hsu [???], whose previous work includes Love Contract working in collaboration with Lin [???]. Vic Chou will star as a bestselling author who originally never left home. In search of an inspiration, he decides to work as a taxi driver, and coincidentally meets his high school classmate, played by Ken Chu, whom is also a cab driver. The two female leads, Terri Kwan and Michelle Chen, will play roles of a fashion magazine reporter, and an interning tourist hotel assistant.

Right Here Waiting for You is scheduled to begin shooting on July 24th, and end by the end of November. After one month, five episodes will be finished and handed over to the Tourism Bureau. The drama will air in Japan and Korea sometime late December, and in Taiwan shortly thereafter.

original news post from: stars.udn.com

Edited by love*Samantha, 26 June 2008 - 06:24 AM.
Removed broken imageshack images.

#10 little_stars

little_stars

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

she is so cute n pretty...
and good in acting ^^
i am reallyy excited to see the drama she will be next...

#11 ily

ily

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

i love her hair :)
she has really nice eyes too!

Posted Image Posted Image

#12 venetianlove

venetianlove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:35 AM

Found some info on Michelle in baidu (:

Her biography

Spoiler

Its roughly talks about how she just graduated from a university in Canada last year and that she studied in the same school as Patty Hou. She has been trained to take after Barbie's footsteps as she resembles Barbie as well as Vivian Hsu.
Michelle started off with modelling and is currently in the same company as Kingone. (Oooh :D)
She had three boyfriends before but her status is currently single as she likes guys like Rain.
Rest of the article doesn't really say much just saying that some even think that Michelle looks like Song Hye Kyo, and Kingone thinks that for a new artiste, Michelle is already performing very well (:

Edited by love*Samantha, 26 June 2008 - 06:23 AM.
Chinese text into spoiler.

#13 twinkle05

twinkle05

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

i certainly agree with most of you here .. i find her really pretty in WWL ... and I think as a new actress she's really good at it .. I will definitely watch out for that series that she's collaborating with zaizai ...

#14 ChemMaster

ChemMaster

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2436 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

Wow so she graduated in Canada?

I thought she was cuter than Rainie in WWL too. She's a good actress, and I feel she has the potential to do really well in the future.

#15 SomePerson

SomePerson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:55 AM

:3 She is really pretty... Not really cute though.
Rainie=cute, Michelle=pretty?
=O Wow, is WWL really her first time acting?
She's not bad, but sometimes she talks kinda exaggerated...

#16 swallow16

swallow16

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:44 AM

She didn't graduate from Canada. 南加大 is University of of Southern California, so she's from the States.

#17 SomePerson

SomePerson

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

O_o Does that mean she speaks English?
Dumb question LOL.

#18 MightyPanda

MightyPanda

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:23 AM

I really like Yan Xi's character and acting in WWL ,
She look so mature in Right Here Waiting For You 's photo . somehow , i still prefer xiao nan .
Hahaha , cuter ^.^

#19 crazy over flh

crazy over flh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

i so agree with mightypanda..she looked so cute n pretty in wwl bt in tt pic she looked quite mature..she is still pretty in tt pic bt i liked her better in wwl

#20 myKENnie

myKENnie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:40 AM

she's cute saw her in Why Why Love. Have you guys seen the promo pics of Waiting for you? She's so pretty there

#21 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Uploaded By: francesca @ the gallery

#22 jiejen

jiejen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:02 AM

I watched her in Why Why Love and i like her....I wish More project for her

#23 glued

glued

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:42 AM

Promo with cast of wish to see you again-

Her english is quite gd.. She plays the game in 1:41 onwards.

Wish to see you again has been out for a more than a mth in taiwan and she is the female lead.

Edited by glued, 15 March 2008 - 01:43 AM.

#24 Synthia

Synthia

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

Her acting in Wish to see you again is preety good. And the chemistry between her and Zaizai is very good. Such a cute couple.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 celsiusgirls

celsiusgirls

We ♥ Pisang!

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1968 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

I really liked her in Why Why Love. And i just read here that its her first role? she did a great job for her first time. It thought that her character was very nice and cute and i loved how she portrayed it. I was waiting for her to have another series and they gave her a huge break with Wish to See You Again. If only they had the series subbed... I haven't seen it yet cos i want to see it with subs. I was hoping before that she get paired up with Kingone. But i guess being paired up with Zaizai is nice too...

And she's from the US? cool. so she can speak good english.. :)

#26 Ginying

Ginying

Cheng Lin Groupie

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:26 AM

yes she lived abroad for a while.
can't remember was it US or canada.
anyway, she will also be in Bu Liang Xiao Hua.

I really enjoy seeing her in WTSYA
":P

#27 cookie-choco

cookie-choco

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

:iloveyou: love her very much very cute as NANCY

[/url][/img]

Edited by cookie-choco, 07 April 2008 - 07:00 PM.

#28 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source: TOM

#29 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:38 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit: Orange_vic of pantip.com

#30 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

Posted Image

Credit: PI-TA of pantip.com + Som of Zzc.Vicpower.net TH

#31 ♥ rainlynn

♥ rainlynn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

michelle is a potential actress. there are rooms for her to improve. i really like her role in WWL as rainie's BF. very supportive and nothing b*tchy. i haven't watch wishing to see you again but i will soon.

and she's going to be in another drama with rainie again as her 'rival'! really excited to see that.

#32 lili_marina

lili_marina

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:30 AM

I love her acting in WWL (looks like song hye-gyo) & WTSYA. clapclap

Love her role as Nancy pairing with XL, they have a good chemistry :love: cant wait her next drama. Hope there is more news & photo about her..... :iloveyou:

#33 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

Giordano Event 05/9/08

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Source: TOM

#34 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

Rainie Plays Grab Breast Game ~ Wilber Swallows Saliva

Posted Image Posted Image

Source: UDN
Translated by Cmiley (Please credit or link if this is posted elsewhere)

Rainie Yang filming Angie Chai's "The Bad Campus Belle" loves to tease at Michelle Chen Yan Xi's breast: "How come its so big now!" The two female leads not only not have jealousy minds, they even got together to diet, not eating after 6pm, so all the food they couldn't eat, were all put into Wilber Pan's stomach, causing him to become one size rounder.

Yesterday evening around 11pm, a BBQ meat shop near CTS was lit up with light, 2 females stuck together were eating a piece of bbq meat, it was actually Rainie and Michelle, beside them was also Wilber. The BBQ shop had many different types of meats, Rainie only chose to eat the bamboo shoot, and put the chopsticks down. She said: "This already broke the rule."

Since she's currently working on a diet plan, after 6pm she doesn't eat anything, and often drinking the fluid her mom has prepared to release the water from the body to avoid swollen, she quickly lost 3kg. Rainie has lost weight, with Michelle standing by the side quickly became a big faced girl, so she also followed to not eat.

Michelle looses weight, but her breast didn't decrease, Rainie loves to play with her "grab breast" game, often opening her shirt collar, then going for a grab. Is it because after the filming of "Spider Lillies" Rainie has become to focused in the drama, sometimes she would take advantage of the make-up artist, saying: "My hand has no where to put" Then put the hand on the other's breast.

Wilber on the side could only swallow saliva, thought of this game he could only open the eyes to watch. Wilber before filming "The Bad Campus Belle", from 83kg lost to 70kg, lately he's starting to gain weight again, the staff disclosed, "Handsome Pan" each meal eats at least 2 lunch boxes, the night before filming at the BBQ ship, Rainie and Michelle wouldn't dare to eat, at the end all the food was put in his stomach. Producer Angie Chai noticed on screen Wilber has gained some more meat, he quickly says: "Where, gained only about 2 kg!"

#35 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i81.photobuck.../1449907799.jpg

Posted Image

#36 maries

maries

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:58 AM

how old is she?

#37 Snow0512

Snow0512

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:14 AM

maries, in an article above, it is stated that she is born in 1983, which makes her 25.

Anyone has more info on how Michelle came to be under a contract or something with producer Angie Chai? When reading on articles about WTSYA, it seems to mention that Michelle is an actress under her wing or something...

I LOVED her performance in WTSYA and I thought her pairing with Vic was wonderful. Very good chemistry, and the two of them were just SO cute together I felt like melting in a pool of sweetness! Hahaha... And of course, their kisses were HOT! But other than that, Michelle has a very approachable kind of face... and personality to go with, I suppose. She's just gives the impression of a bubbly girl naturally...

Of course, her character as Xiao Nan in WWL was good too. Displayed both sides of her character where though she was a "tough" friend of Rainie's character, Jia Di, she also had a weaker side when it came to her horrid bf. Anyway, it was a memorable debut for her... And her performance in WTSYA was definitely a BIG push in her acting skills. Good job for her!

#38 CandieCutie

CandieCutie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

maries, in an article above, it is stated that she is born in 1983, which makes her 25.

Anyone has more info on how Michelle came to be under a contract or something with producer Angie Chai? When reading on articles about WTSYA, it seems to mention that Michelle is an actress under her wing or something...

I LOVED her performance in WTSYA and I thought her pairing with Vic was wonderful. Very good chemistry, and the two of them were just SO cute together I felt like melting in a pool of sweetness! Hahaha... And of course, their kisses were HOT! But other than that, Michelle has a very approachable kind of face... and personality to go with, I suppose. She's just gives the impression of a bubbly girl naturally...

Of course, her character as Xiao Nan in WWL was good too. Displayed both sides of her character where though she was a "tough" friend of Rainie's character, Jia Di, she also had a weaker side when it came to her horrid bf. Anyway, it was a memorable debut for her... And her performance in WTSYA was definitely a BIG push in her acting skills. Good job for her!

I also believe that Michelle is great actress, because she can portray the two sides of Xiao Nan in Why Why Love as you mentioned :D Her crying scene in WWL (where she cried for her boyfriend) didn't seem really fake either! clapclap

#39 cham_cham

cham_cham

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:19 AM

yah! she some kind looks like barbie....

i love her too esp. in why why love....
it's good to hear that she has more projects ahead of her..

well, wishing her more to come...

#40 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

09/7/08 Miss No Good Prom.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source: QQ