AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

One Million Stars- Aska Yang (楊宗緯)

one million stars- aska yang aska yang

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yang Zhong Wei
English name: Aska
Chinese Name: Yang Zhong Wei
Horoscope: Aries
Blood type: B
Height: 181 cm
Weight: 69 kg
Favorite singer: Huang Da Wei
Favorite music: all types
Favorite type of movies: Scary ones

Him singing Bei Pan
RO_1G2_fUHE

source: HIM

http://www.him.com.t...t-mini-star.php

his own blog :D
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/nonodarling

Edited by lavender_rain, 14 August 2007 - 10:00 AM.

#2 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

great voice!! :)
hope he will come out with an album soon~

yeah.. he signed under HIM, the same company as SHE. They are hoping it can come out around October :thumbsup

here are new pictures of Aska during the First Star Avenue Awards Ceremony

Posted Image
Pan Yi Wen, Aska, Zhou Ding Wei

Posted Image
Pan Yi Wen and Aska

Posted Image

Edited by swtcherri53, 14 July 2007 - 07:34 PM.

#3 imeisee

imeisee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

I opened a thread for One Million Stars before but now its no where to be found. *lol*

He is really popular. Even though he didn't win he will be more or less the most successful one.

#4 statuskuo

statuskuo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:09 AM

his voice is really unique! he's funny on talk shows too (not that he does it on purpose, it just turns out to be funny)

Edited by kkuo, 16 July 2007 - 05:09 AM.

#5 cheeweng

cheeweng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

aska can really sing! the moment he open his mouth people either join him in laughters or are bought to tears by his soulful singing =) hopefully he will release a solo album soon =)

#6 cheeweng

cheeweng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

wahah.. thanks! but after the superstar avenue i dont really get much news about them anymore.. does anyone know where i can find the songs that he and the past contestants sang?

#7 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:33 AM

wahah.. thanks! but after the superstar avenue i dont really get much news about them anymore.. does anyone know where i can find the songs that he and the past contestants sang?

hey
cheeweng. Welcome
I have been trying to find songs too. They came out with a cd, but it is not all of them. :(

Posted Image

Recent News
Aska is not going to go on any shows; yu le bai fen bai, wan quan yu le, anymore because his agent believes that it is not necessary. :( The other members all have to do their own stuff. Now it would be harder to see the group together.

Aska's agent is planning his solo album. He has already asked many music and lyrics composers for songs. The album may come out around November the latest. :)

SOURCE: yahoo

#8 dadalin

dadalin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:59 AM

watched every episode of super star avenue just becuase of aska...love to see him sing

#9 bbyxdreamer

bbyxdreamer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:08 AM

aska`s voice is AMAZiNG! <3 i especially love 雨天. i can`t wait for his albumm!!! i think aska and pan yu wen`s friendship is the cutest thing everrr. =)

#10 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

華研無條件放走楊宗緯 力挺林宥嘉當新一哥
HIM Record company lets Aska go. Yoga becomes the star of the company.

華研唱片昨發聲明,跟楊宗緯無條件解約,將楊宗緯經紀唱片約轉給許安進,合約雙胞案雖劃下句點,但仍留下不少問句,深諳此事的人也為華研抱屈。
HIM record company annoynced that their contract with Aska is stopped. Aska's contract is given to Xu An Jing.

楊宗緯前天表示不想離開華研,但華研仍決定放棄他的合約,華研表示,楊宗緯確實一約兩簽,華研考量若雙方因合約訴訟,將會影響楊宗緯的演藝生涯,基於對他前途的考量及成全楊宗緯想報答乾爹張忠信(空董)的想法,決定無條件和楊宗緯解約。
Aska said that he doesn't want to leave HIM company, but HIM gave up his contract. HIM mentioned that two companies signed a contract with him. If they fight over his music contract then it would badly influence Aska's music career. (delaying of solo album.. etc.) In order for Aska to have a more successful future and let Aska repay his step father (Zhang Zhong Xin) by joining the other company, HIM decides to end the contract without any penalties.

華研確定和楊宗緯解約,但華研已安排的宣傳活動,他會履行完成,包括接下來5場合輯的簽唱會,及8月1日進棚首錄的中視、中天新節目「星光同學會」,而華研籌備中的「星光同學會」第2張合輯,楊宗緯的歌聲應該仍會出現,華研企畫統籌施人誠表示,尚未確定楊宗緯是否能再錄新歌,但之前他為電影「沈睡的青春」演唱主題曲「多餘」,版權歸華研,確定可以收錄。

Even though their contract with Aska has ended, Aska is still going to go to the the five singing/autograph sessions and go on the entertainment show 星光同學會 with the other contestants. [b]HIM record company is going to come out with another Stars Reunion Album. [/b] Aska's songs might be in it. HIM's president said that up until now, they cannot gurantee Aska's songs (since he is under the other company), but the song he sang for a new movie would definately be in there.

第2屆星光大道今登場
The Second Xing Guang Da Dao is being broadcasted tonight.

少了楊宗緯,華研也宣告簽下林宥嘉、潘裕文、周定緯、許仁杰和鴨子等星光成員,並且力挺冠軍林宥嘉取代楊宗緯成「一哥」,預計年底前推出個人專輯。
Without Aska, HIM signed Yoga, Peter, Judy, Stanly, and Ya zi etc. They are putting all their efforts on Yoga, and hoping Yoga can come out with his solo album in the end of the year.

Edited by swtcherri53, 20 July 2007 - 09:30 PM.

#11 rachelabichen

rachelabichen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

swtcherri53..please answer me if u know y...i know yang zhong wei has problems with his contract...

but i dont get it why did this all happend??

i mean y does he have like multiple contracts with companies??

and like i know HIM(s.h.e.'s company) gave up his contract but i dont geet how all this started?

#12 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:14 AM

swtcherri53..please answer me if u know y...i know yang zhong wei has problems with his contract...

but i dont get it why did this all happend??

i mean y does he have like multiple contracts with companies??

and like i know HIM(s.h.e.'s company) gave up his contract but i dont geet how all this started?

hey rachelabichen..

I'm not quite sure what exactly happened.
I heard that after he sang Bei Pan (when they purposely voted him off) a company already wanted to sign a contract with him. I'm guessing that company is the one his step father owns. In the end, he's not voted off. After the whole age thing, I guess his manager signed him up with another company thinking that HIM won't take Aska. HIM is the company that started the show basically has the right to sign him. They still kept him after the age thing and has been letting Aska go to singing and make-up classes. They probably didn't know he agreed (if he did.. not sure, maybe someone agreed for him) to the other company's contract.
HIM was actually getting ready for Aska's solo album. It was planned to come out around October. Then the whole two contract thing started.
Since the other contract company is Aska's step father, HIM reluctantly gave up even though they didn't want to.
Aska seems to not want to leave HIM, but iono.

Yeah. .this is what I have heard.

#13 cheeweng

cheeweng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

goodness! no wonder i did not see aska appearing on any of the variety shows.. i guess its tough on his part too with so many problems coming up one after the other.. but i am looking forward to his new album! =)

#14 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

Though it is not out,
the preview of this movie has Aska singing in the background
tBsjHtl8MfA

#15 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

Recent News

星光幫6月底才發行「星光同學會」,唱片業爆出,星光幫第2張合輯馬上要在8月中預購,9月發行。此次合輯中,除了楊宗緯替電影「沉睡的青春」演唱的主題曲「多餘」是新歌外,其餘仍是口水歌。
Xing Guang Bang came out with a stars reunion cd in june. The record company reported that the would make a 2nd one. It would come out around September. In this cd, there would be Aska's movie them song and other good songs.

針對此事,華研唱片企畫統籌施人誠說:「這件事仍在討論階段,還沒開始錄音,都是外界在幫我們訂時間。」楊宗緯的經紀人許安進則明確表態:「楊宗緯將不會配合星光第2集的宣傳,因為他的專輯在10月就會推出。」
Him Record company manager stated that Aska's involvment in the cd has been talked about. Aska's manager stated that he won't be involved because he's coming out with a cd around October.

是否該發第2張合輯,粉絲在網路上討論,有人支持,認為「星光幫」唱紅的歌曲一張合輯收不完,但也有人反對,認為唱片公司不該一再消費星光幫,而是該幫星光幫規畫籌備個人專輯。
The fans have been debating if they should come out with a 2nd one. Some fans believe that one stars reunion cd is not enough. Others believe that the record comapny should stop putting them together. They want the company to start preparing solo albums.

#16 sunblip

sunblip

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

i want they become a group
but i want to hear their solo too....

i support both..
:P..
Sun

#17 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

aska, gary cao, and xian jing teng
singing Bei Pan

Edited by Myvi, 16 March 2008 - 02:20 PM.

#18 cheeweng

cheeweng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:59 AM

i kind of pity him.. although he is such a talent the media in taiwan is focusing so much on other issues giving him, his family and friends so much stress.. i really hope that his new album will be released soon and wow everyone by his singing..

xing guan bang seems different without him..

#19 keat2

keat2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

His singing is really good...can bring out emotions...looking forward to his debut album.

#20 sunblip

sunblip

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

Leehom said that when he sang,
every song just likes his own song
Aska is really good.

Sun

#21 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by swtcherri53, 25 August 2007 - 04:57 PM.
Removed Chinese Character

#22 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:55 AM

Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Myvi, 06 June 2008 - 12:05 PM.

#23 sunblip

sunblip

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:30 AM

Aska really become famous singer in Taiwan.
At here, Asianplus tabloid last week edition, wrote that Aska had became really famous.
Even though in I'sia...

Jiayo, Aska

#24 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Myvi, 06 June 2008 - 12:04 PM.

#25 keat2

keat2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:43 AM

Who is this Kong Dong? He seems a bit fierce...wan Aska to pay a price. Maybe such things would not have happened if Aska stayed in HIM...

#26 swtcherri53

swtcherri53

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

Kong Dong is his "step father," and he has connections with gang members.

#27 estlcl

estlcl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:45 AM

I am quite surprised that his thread is so...quiet. hahahaz. his contract created such a big turmoil in taiwan and stuff but here. there is almost no mention. oh well. at least his contract is finally settled and...he is rushing to cut his album in time for taiwan music awards next year. yupz. i luv his voice alot and hopefully more people can join into this discussion because he is really a very good singer!

#28 keat2

keat2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:04 PM

Source: ent.tom.com

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

挥别近三个月合约纷争的阴霾,“星光一哥”杨宗纬昨天“复出”,为K歌机代言。经纪人许安进表示,因为双方诚心诚意的态度,使得这桩“歹戏拖棚”的合约之争终于快乐收场。杨宗纬开心代言,还唱了两首歌,让歌迷兴奋不已。
'Xing Guang Yi Ge' Yang Zong Wei comes back after 3 months of contract dispute and endorsed for a handphone product. His manager Xu An Jing states that the problems were resolved due to the fact that both parties treated the matter with a sincere attitude, which caused the whole contract incident to end happily. Aska even sang 2 songs on the event, making his fans excited as ever.
骅讯电子董长郑期成表示,杨宗纬声音独特,等他再久也值得。许安进则是感谢郑期成的等待;至于与杨宗纬先前的合约争议,许安进满脸笑容但不愿多说,只表示,靠着双方的诚心诚意,之前被媒体称为“歹戏拖棚”的纷争,现在终于有了“Happy Ending”。
The CEO of 'Hua Xun Electronics' says that Aska has a unique voice, which makes the wait worthwhile. Xu An Jing is thankful for the CEO's expectations; However when the question comes back to the contract, Xu An Jing simply smiles, and says that it is because both parties were sincere, the whole incident had a happy ending.
时隔近两个三月,杨宗纬也终于再度公开露面,等于宣告他的演艺生涯正式展开。杨宗纬表示,K歌机对K歌有很大的帮助,公司已给了他一台,让他可以带着音乐走,使用起来十分方便,然而更重要的是,使用这个产品也是对合法下载音乐的支持。
Aska finally shows himself on media again after 3 months, which also represents that his career in the entertaiment industry is taking off. Aska praises the product he endorses, (i'm not so sure what it is, seems like something of a portable Karaoke). The company gave Aska one of the product, which Aska finds it convenient as it is easy to bring around and this product supports original downloads.
在与会媒体、歌迷和来宾的要求下,杨宗纬唱了《新不了情》和《听说爱情回来过》两首歌,让观众重温他久违的歌声。而杨宗纬也趁机透露,他的新专辑不久即将发行,到时新歌都会在“eZpEER+ToGo”中,供K歌机费者抢先下载。
Under the media, fans and guests' requests, Aska sang Xing Bu Liao Qing and Ting Shuo Ai Qing Hui Lai Guo these 2 songs, allowing the audience to listen to his voice again. Aska also reveals that his album will be released soon, and it can be downloaded through “eZpEER+ToGo”, and the product he endorsed.
由于报名明年金曲奖的作品必须在今年年底以前发行,杨宗纬表示,专辑品质最重要,不会为了金曲奖而发行;许安进也说,新专辑可望先以单曲型式发行,每完成一首就发行一首。
To qualify for next year's golden melody awards albums must be released before the end of the year, but Aska states that the quality of the album is more important. His manager hopes to release his songs as a single, and that every time one song is completed it will be released as a single.

Link: http://ent.tom.com/2...E/14357908.html

Sorry, my 1st time doing translation, if i'm not gd at it or u all spot any mistake do correct me...thanks.

#29 statuskuo

statuskuo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

I searched but i couldn't find it. I was wondering if you could copy and paste the link...

aska at taipei's new years celebration!

#30 mtsdevil

mtsdevil

Arashi :)

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

I like Aska's voice in his new cd, and his song ge ci is very nice. Too bad he pulled out of chao ji xing guang da dao or he could have won actually... he has one of the best voices.

#31 imeisee

imeisee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

He is going to have a concert next month in Taiwan right?

OMG~! I wanna go and watch!!

#32 aska fan

aska fan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hi All,

Anybody interested to buy Aska Yang Showcase Tickets from me? Selling at $50 per pair! Pls email me if you are keen! My email add is askayangatzouk@yahoo.com.sg. The details of his showcase as per below:
Date: 29 Mar 08 (at)
Time: 5 pm
Venue: Zouk
Thanks!

#33 lessie

lessie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

i'm sorry,does anybody knows about his schedule in singapore this coming saturday on the 29 march?
like his autographing signing session?....where is it at?

#34 aska fan

aska fan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

i'm sorry,does anybody knows about his schedule in singapore this coming saturday on the 29 march?
like his autographing signing session?....where is it at?

Aska Autograph Session details as per below:
Date: 29 Mar 08 (Sat)
Time: 1 pm
Venue: Suntec City, Fountain Of Wealth

#35 aska fan

aska fan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

Aska Autograph Session details as per below:
Date: 29 Mar 08 (Sat)
Time: 1 pm
Venue: Suntec City, Fountain Of Wealth

FYI..

Aska Yang will have a showcase straight after his autograph session. I heard he will perform quite a no of songs at his showcase. I have extra tickets for sale ($25 per tix) , feel free to email me if anyone is interested, thanks! Details as per below:

Date: 29 March 08 (Sat)
Time: 5 pm
Venue: Zouk

#36 Ee Ling

Ee Ling

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

Yes agree, this thread is so quiet!!

Im new to this community and also Aska but i think he is fabulous! There's something about his voice I cant really pinpoint, but he beats the original singers handsdown when he sings, esp Yu Tian (that was real touching, no?).

I think he has come along way since being called an 'ape' but its all about packaging I guess, and his stylist has done very well for him i think.

I like his character as well, very genuine and shy, but can be hilarious during talk shows and with Xing Guang Bang. Many many shows I've watched him on, and I find him so endearing in his own way.

He also has an official website -live urls are not allowed in your usergroup- which contains a blog. Not sure if it is really penned by him though....Hmm...go see.

But still, I'm an Aska fan now :P

#37 drama_addict

drama_addict

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

hi all.
i just recently become a fan of the show.
i just started watching the 1st season.
aska is so talented..

dont get me wrong yoga is awesome too.

but 1/2 way through the show aska left and pulled himself out of the running.
does anyone know why?
what happened.
my chinese is not so good..

#38 hakunamatata

hakunamatata

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:30 PM

there is no doubt that he is a superb singer with a very emotional voice.

he can really make a song sound really sad. And also, i think its a pity that he didn't continue contesting. he would probably be a tough competitor for yoga.

anyways, he still managed to release an album. so i reckon, it isn't that bad not to continue participating.

#39 loveletters

loveletters

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

I think the only negative thing about Aska is the fact that he can't really get the crowd high. Well, from the concert DVD of his that I watched. It was the '08 concert @ the Taipei Arena. With the kinda voice he has, it works best for the sad and emotional songs. He can sing all sorts of music well, but I don't think he can get the feel for 'em.

Anyways, it's been over a year now, so it's kinda annoying and repetitive to say this, but I felt bad when he withdrew from the contest. He didn't have to, but it was the noble thing to do. I think the results definitely would have been different if he stayed. I think the whole lying this is the reason why my family doesn't like him too much, haha! But I love him and will remain loyal to him. ♥

TeddyBear: He turned thirty this year.

#40 =sx.k=

=sx.k=

下一站, 幸福♡

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3894 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Aska Yang violated taboos of showbiz

Posted Image

Xin.sg - Tuesday, April 14

Bad press arising from contract disputes between Aska Yang and his manager may be over but the former landed himself in yet another pit hole when he violated the "code of conduct" for celebrities.

On the rehearsal for Chiang Ching-kuo's tribute concert last Friday, Yang kept the crew waiting for half-an-hour, which he later explained was because the rehearsal venue was hard to find and the cab made several rounds before locating it.

The singer turned up shabbily dressed in slippers and was evidently ill-prepared for the performance, affecting the flow of the rehearsal. Yang reasoned that he forgot the lyrics of the song he was to perform because he had not caught the tempo when it began.

He was also caught in moments of awkwardness with reporters who then asked about his resolved contract matters. Yang smiled and commented that he is comforted by the verdict and will take extra caution in selecting his new manager.

The tribute concert held at Liberty Square, Chiang Kai-Khek Memorial Hall in Taipei on April 12, saw singers like Yang, Julia Peng, Yang Pei An and visually impaired singer Hsiao Huang Chi performing on stage.

Source : http://sg.news.yahoo...bi-3c1b9bc.html