AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Shower after finished eating is bad for you

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#1 xlsmilelx

xlsmilelx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:55 AM

hi!
i don't if anyone posted a topic similar to this... but whatever. lol.
so my parents always tell me that i can't shower right after i finished eating my dinner.
i always ask them why??? and they would say its not good for you.
i ask how is it not, when basically i'm just SHOWERING.
but they still say its just not good.
they have been saying this ever since i was little and i never got my answer.
i even asked my sister, but she said she has no idea.
asked my friends, only some had their parents telling them, though they don't know either.
so i was wondering if anyone heard of this from their parents/friends/etc.
or maybe something that is alike....?

Edited by xlsmilelx, 22 July 2007 - 06:58 AM.

#2 ariphillips

ariphillips

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:59 AM

hmm..no I've never heard of that...I'm going to try it out and hopefuly I dont get sick! ^-^

#3 xlsmilelx

xlsmilelx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:33 AM

hmm..no I've never heard of that...I'm going to try it out and hopefuly I dont get sick! ^-^

LOL!! dont try it out!!
i doubt u'll get sick.
im kinda thinking its bad mentally but not physically?
*shrug*

Edited by xlsmilelx, 22 July 2007 - 07:34 AM.

#4 AznRules

AznRules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

yea my mom told me this too but i ask her why she keep sayings cuz other people say not to do it too

Edited by AznRules, 23 July 2007 - 06:25 AM.

#5 Bafflequeen

Bafflequeen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:33 AM

yeah, i heard that b4.....my mum used to tell me not to shower after you eat....

#6 selii

selii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

lols i heard that if you shower after eating you get a bad stomach ache or something. not sure if its true though because ive never tried x]

#7 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3780 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

The logical explanation is:
after you ate, your body needs all it's blood and such for the digestive system. If you take a warm shower afterwards, your body has to divert blood for the cooling system and a weak individual might faint or get a heart attack. About the same when you eat and then do some serious excercise.

#8 TsunKit

TsunKit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

I heard this one. It's something like it'll make the digestion weird and give you a stomach ache. And don't lie down after a meal too, same reason.

#9 Zenko

Zenko

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

@ athlon

So what if the weather is really hot? You are eating inside with airconditioning, after you eat, are you saying you shouldn't walk outside into the hot weather?

Sounds ridiculous to me, showering after eating doesn't seem to be harmful at all, I've done it countless times and I'm still ok.

#10 D O L C E`♔

D O L C E`♔

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

:buahaha :buahaha :buahaha
its bad for you...
hmm i guess ive been harming my self for the past 13 years of my life

no ive never heard about this before...maybe its true maybe its not...
but even if it's true i dont think showering after you eat, can possibly harm your body that much :whistle

Edited by x___quyen, 22 July 2007 - 10:27 PM.

#11 1234567

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:29 AM

i heard of this from my parents before

they never said why but just told me its bad for you

any scientiic proof?

#12 i heart j a e .

i heart j a e .

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:13 AM

lol, my parents tell me not to shower after i eat
or i'll have a big tuummmmmy.

lolol, i dunno :P

#13 Cindi

Cindi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:53 AM

I don't know if it is truth or not truth. But I would just rest for awhile or an hour after all my food digested then only I would go for my shower. More better is before I eat, I had my shower first. I don't really like to have shower after a full tummy.

#14 snowdropz

snowdropz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:06 PM

hahaha ive heard of this one. my parents use to always tell me dont go shower right after you eat, its not good for you. but they never bothered to explain it to me :P

#15 .:ecila:.

.:ecila:.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:36 AM

its not good for your digestive system so it become slower to digest food...probably slowers your metabolism

Edited by .:ecila:., 25 July 2007 - 05:37 AM.

#16 DaXaO

DaXaO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1066 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:45 AM

i heard about it ... i do it 2 ... i dont take a bath exactly when i finish to eat ... ppl said u should wait like 30 min ...

#17 leen1314

leen1314

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

yup...my parents always told us when we were kids....no showering or baths directly after eating......we never got an explanation on that though......

#18 kphiacaramella

kphiacaramella

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:00 AM

My mom told me the same thing when i was younger, too. So it makes sense with the whole digestive system thing. Now i have an explanation for some of the curious minds out there.

#19 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18516 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

It's is true that after eating to take a shower (change in temperature) is bad for you. This is one of the site I've found : http://expressindia....questid=2421103

But about when you are eating inside airconditioned and you walk outside in the hot temp. That's also not good. Some ppl will have a headache or getting sick only even they havent eaten. I think it's different from person to person. Young ppl maybe not that easily, but an older person will have more chance get problems.

A good example is that you need to have eaten 2-4hours before you go to sleep. If you go to sleep after an hour, you wont get sick, but it's still not good for you.

#20 xlsmilelx

xlsmilelx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

oooh thanks you guys for the information!!! ^^
really appreciate it =]

#21 andrewcfm

andrewcfm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

Bah, this sounds lke an old chinese housewifes story - like not being able to wash your har for women during that time of the month!

#22 TsimShaTsui

TsimShaTsui

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

yeah i was told this as well, but i think it's got with the physical system....a really over-rate example....you eat really full and take an ice cold shower, guess what happens then!

#23 ahsingjai

ahsingjai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

It's is true that after eating to take a shower (change in temperature) is bad for you. This is one of the site I've found : http://expressindia....questid=2421103

But about when you are eating inside airconditioned and you walk outside in the hot temp. That's also not good. Some ppl will have a headache or getting sick only even they havent eaten. I think it's different from person to person. Young ppl maybe not that easily, but an older person will have more chance get problems.

A good example is that you need to have eaten 2-4hours before you go to sleep. If you go to sleep after an hour, you wont get sick, but it's still not good for you.

Dude, that's a user comment site. Not a infomational site. It's the same thing as this thread with all the speculation.

This is a myth from the fact that you shouldn't SWIM after you eat cuz you can get cramps and aching.

Showering is fine, i've done it all the time. Nothing happens to you. Nothing like a good greasy meal then having a shower to wash off all that oil from the steam.

the only thing I can imagine about eating and showering is if u bloated youself so bad that the pressure from the shower head made you yak.

#24 candiegal

candiegal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

what the hell? it does nothing to you. my mum always tells me not to eat before having a shower . i thought it was the other way round.

#25 scai103

scai103

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

my mom always tell me that too lol. she said something about those food will get into the wrong liver or something iono

#26 FaCeSmiLeY

FaCeSmiLeY

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:43 PM

My mum tells me that too but I do it anyway sometimes X], apparently it makes you fatter and something about the food not digestested properly so its bad :/

My mum tells me that too but I do it anyway sometimes X], apparently it makes you fatter and something about the food not digestested properly so its bad :/

#27 Hebe's best friend

Hebe's best friend

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

lol man my dad and mom, especoally my dad says that alot. I always shower after i eat and im fine, theres nothing wrong. But i think its if u swim after u eat u get cramps.

#28 sparklingstar819

sparklingstar819

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:26 AM

Lol my dad has always told me to wait at least half an hour after eating before taking a shower. My mom tells me not to listen to my dad, but he's gotten me scared enough not to try it. I still don't know why.

#29 cpxpimpintrainin

cpxpimpintrainin

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1659 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:54 AM

Yeah alot of older people tell me that too. I think its probably not good to take a shower right after you eat so you can digest the food or something like that. I think there probably is a scientific reason for it so I listen and I dont take a shower right after I eat. No matter what the reason is I usually dont like to do things after someone warns me because I am pretty superstitious. I dont think anything very bad can happen if you shower right after you eat but why not be safe than sorry and just wait a little bit after eating.

#30 taishan

taishan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

yea same thing what my parents told me, never shower right after i ate in my life, and u r suppose to rest after u eat to let the food digest, showering is consider exercising since u r moving your body to scratch ur head and wash ur body

#31 DaXaO

DaXaO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1066 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:45 AM

I heard about it 2 ! My father, Mother, Aunt, etc ... if i didnt take a shower before dinner, they told me not to take a bath in the next 30-40 min ... Dont know the reason, just cuz is bad ... HehehehEEE

#32 lb-lb

lb-lb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

someone had told me this before and i think it will give you a stomach ache & something else which i don't remember =(

#33 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 37358 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

I've never heard of this..but thanks for the warning..I've just finished eating ..**runs off to take a shower**

#34 MsticAzn

MsticAzn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

my parents have said similar things, but i don't think there has been any forms of research to verify any of the claims....probably more of an "old wives" tale :-P

#35 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18516 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

Dude, that's a user comment site. Not a infomational site. It's the same thing as this thread with all the speculation.

This is a myth from the fact that you shouldn't SWIM after you eat cuz you can get cramps and aching.

Showering is fine, i've done it all the time. Nothing happens to you. Nothing like a good greasy meal then having a shower to wash off all that oil from the steam.

That you have done it all the time and nothing happened doesn't mean that everyone can do it without consequences. I will search for more informational sites to proof this.

#36 DTLCT

DTLCT

Obsessed

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2811 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:30 PM

The logical explanation is:
after you ate, your body needs all it's blood and such for the digestive system. If you take a warm shower afterwards, your body has to divert blood for the cooling system and a weak individual might faint or get a heart attack. About the same when you eat and then do some serious excercise.

Yup. It's about digestive system stuffs. It's better to let your food digest you shower or sleep or something like that. I can't believe some of your parents didn't tell you. My mom told me about the shower thing. And I learned from school how you shouldn't lay down right away after you eat. It's just better for your digestive system. It depends on how strong you are. But I always eat and then sleep (all those late night studies, etc). It's okay to do it, but not good if you do it too frequent. Your digestive system will suffer for it, that's all. I think this is more of a health issue than the "unexplained". :lol:

Edited by DTLCT, 22 August 2007 - 11:30 PM.

#37 levitage

levitage

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:49 AM

i just heard about this, showering right after dinner will make you fat, wonder if that's true

#38 noob777

noob777

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:23 PM

My parents told me this, i think theres some evidence about blood rushing to your brain or something, i never really looked into it but i know there is something about how the body works and we shouldn't shower right after a meal.

#39 azn_17

azn_17

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:12 AM

parents told me this too. reminds me of the 'dont swim on a full stomach'

Not interested enough to find an answer, it just seems illogical to eat after showering

another shower one my parents told me is to not get your skin wet (take a shower) if it is sweaty.

So I zip home on my bike not stop pedalling 20 mins, i come home, my back is sweaty, i think a warm showering will wipe the sweat clean off.

#40 lalalander

lalalander

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:29 AM

I've never heard of that before. The only reason I can think of is that it exposes your stomach, and if you have a sensitive stomach you may get sick. Other than that I don't know why your parents would say such a thing.