#1 santoki

santoki

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

full name: Lee Min Young

Korean, American Musicians Promote 15-Year-Old Korean Newcomer's Debut in U.S. Music Scene

JYP Entertainment Group recently announced that Park Jin-young, the head of JYP USA, and the American famous hip-hop producer Lil Jon, discovered a Korean teenage newcomer to produce and market a record in the United States.

The Korean teenager ‘Min', whose full name is Lee Min-young and was born in Korea, boldly dedicated herself to breaking through the U.S. music market.

When Min was a teenager in 2001, JYP heard about her musical and dancing talents, she was selected by the company for two years of training. She won an award in a December 2003 competition shown on a Korean television station with Korean singer ‘Rain' and shared the stage with him, which gave her the opportunity to showcase her talents.

After her success in Korea, Min went to Los Angeles and New York for two years of voice, dance, language and other kinds of training and participated in a televised ‘dance battle.' She is currently in New York, working with Park to record and produce her debut single which she plans in the first half of next year.

A JYP official said, “Major record studios and producers decide to collaborate. They decided that Lil Jon's style is compatible with Min's in terms of goals and style. That's why they decided to work together.”

“Korean singers have lately been looking at the U.S. market as a challenge to boost their musical careers for those who haven't made their debuts in Korea as teenagers and view that as an opportunity to break into the American music market,” the official added.

Park said, “For the past three years, I was the first Asian composer to participate in the production of such albums of major American pop start such as Mase, Will Smith and Cassie. Therefore, I believe that I am increasingly establishing my credibility as a music producer.” He added, “Based on that foundation, I am confident that Min and other JYP singers' entry into the U.S. market would be much more solid.”

On Dec. 23, Min, Park and Lil Jon will be giving a press conference and attend ‘Rain's' concert later that evening.

In 2004, Park and Lil Jon became close through their work with the hip-hop duo Outkast. After Lil Jon saw a demonstration tape of Min, he suggested to Park that the two collaborate together on producing a single.

By Peter Kim

http://www.villagevo...d,77247,15.html

#2 singit2me

singit2me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:24 AM

Her Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/minjype
One of her songs is on there too.

Before when I saw this one clip and I heard a little bit of her song, I thought it would be good. But when i heard the whole thing, it sounds alright.

#3 janepak

janepak

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:16 AM

Go ahead
I’m here
You can do it boy
Don’t be scared
Go ahead
Don’t be shy
But I kind of like that in a guy
Go ahead baby
And make you move
Bet you didn’t know
I was feeling you
So go ahead
I’m listening
Tell me you want to be my boyfriend

There’s a rumor going around
Saying that you like
I be kind of feeling the same
But I can never go approach you
Plus I’m not suppose to
I’m a girl
You got to come to me
I know I’m fifteen and
They tell me all it is
Is puppy love
Can’t even stop the way you feel
I know that it is real
And you just got to open up
If you’re ready

CHORUS:
Go ahead
I’m here
You can do it boy
Don’t be scared
Go ahead
Don’t be shy
But I kind of like that in a guy
Go ahead baby
And make your move
Bet you didn’t know
I was feeling you
So go ahead
I’m listening
Tell me you want to be my boyfriend

See I’m all about the business
They want to know if you popped the question
Don’t think you can’t approach me
You got to get to know me
I’m more than just a pretty face
So don’t you hesitate
Before somebody come take your place
So what’s it going to be
Step up boy or leave
Or are you going to come and take me baby

[CHORUS] 2XS

credits: janepak of asian fanatics

the song grows on you ^^

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
credits: min's myspace

Edited by janepak, 31 October 2007 - 06:17 AM.

#4 rain_bow

rain_bow

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:56 AM

shes only 15 ay?
shes soo pretty
i've seen some vids of her praticing, shes pretty good
i love her green jacket, i like what shes wearing overall in those pics

#5 kelly017

kelly017

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:03 PM

min is so pretty--
so gangster, lol, i love her green jacket too =D
the go ahead song is pretty good and her dancing is awesome!
... now i wish i never quit dance, LOL

#6 finallyisyours

finallyisyours

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:34 AM

Introducing...Min

So far in the america within the music industries, a young korean singer, "Min" (full name Lee Young Min) partnered up with Lil Jon, preparing their hit music. Alittle more information about Min, she was borned in Seoul, Korea (the year of 1991)! and moved to New York to pursue her career as a young talented singer. She is under JYP USA, thats because they first heard about her musical and fanastic dancing talents. She then was seleced by the company and trained her for about 2 years.
In December 2003, she won an award on a competition show on a Korean television station with Korean singer "Rain". Min was on the stage with Rain, which was given herself as a great opportunity to prove her talents.

She used to train with the SMtown's Female group, Nyuh So Shi Dae, Kim Hyo Yeon (Little Winners).

Below are few YouTube clips of Min and her dance steps!
You can check out these pictures below and one of her music now, "Go Ahead". If you didn't added Min as a friend on Myspace yet, go ahead add her now!

www.myspace.com/minjype

During staying in Korea, she will do something in public, too. Min and JYP's another artist, G-Soul, will be on Music Awards program in Korea and will open JY Park's concert in Korea. On the Music Awards program, Min, G-Soul, and Wonder Girls (JYP's girl band) will compete with other artists from YG and SM Entertainment.

What her latest updates on her practice through YouTube?
Add her YouTube Channel now!

www.youtube.com/minchannel

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADBwKDiJRaU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CWKM_3B2yo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xADVCIrqaP4
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADBwKDiJRaU
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lYZzKpOfDI

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://i33.photobuck...a76f04b896d.jpg
http://i33.photobuck...ordofmusics.jpg
http://i33.photobuck...4d194bf71ee.jpg
http://i33.photobuck...080bfa8ee81.jpg
http://i33.photobuck...67ef6f5a263.jpg
http://i33.photobuck...fc5182a487f.jpg

Edited by katherinekwokhk, 16 December 2007 - 10:07 AM.
max 3 pictures with [img] tags per post

#7 heejin-moon

heejin-moon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:37 AM

LAWLS.
she's new right?
Lil' Jon protage or something?
I think she's going to be super big and take the music industry by storm clapclap

Edited by heejin-moon, 12 January 2008 - 07:38 AM.

#8 animefreya

animefreya

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

If you have the song could you send it to me ... I'm searching for it, but still havent found it.

#9 bapeman

bapeman

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

What happened to her? On wiki, it says she isn't in JYP anymore...

#10 mich83

mich83

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:01 AM

where is she now?
This kid was-a-never-was

#11 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:11 PM

Posted Image

New girlgroup miss A member Min is said to be close friend to So Nyeo Shi Dae HyoYeon and KARA Nicole.

miss A is the upcoming girlgroup under label AQ Entertainment and consists of Korean members Min and Suzy, and Chinese members Fei and Jia. And for member Min, it is known that she is close friend with HyoYeon and Nicole.

She revealed, “Back then, I attended dance school Little Winners with HyoYeon. We made a team and did public performances together. Even now, we often keep in touch. HyoYeon was so excited about news of my debut. And through HyoYeon I knew Nicole. We meet up often to chit chat.”

Min was hot topic about 4 years ago after JYP Entertainment wanted to debut her in the American market at the age of 16. But in the end, the debut did not materialize and Min debut as miss A back in Korea.

Min said, “To be honest, it was a shame (that my American debut did not happen). But what I'm thinking now is to work hard after debuting as miss A. We will work on becoming the Asia's best group. As for my American debut, if a good chance come by in the future, I will take up the challenge again.”

Meanwhile, miss A debuted with the album ‘Bad but Good' with 4 songs included in it and title song is ‘Bad Girl, Good Girl'.

S:Newsen + kbites

#12 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

Posted Image

Rookie girlgroup miss A member Min expains her relationship with BEAST Yoon DooJoon.

Min was recently on SBS PowerFM ‘Park SoHyun's Love Game' and she talked about her thank-you speech after winning #1 on SBS Inkigayo recently.

After winning the Mutizen, Min was seen in tears and she said, “Thank you Park JinYoung. And also thank you, Yoon DooJoon. Omo, I mentioned Yoon DooJoon, what's wrong with me.” After the incident, netizens commented, “Does she have some special relationship with Yoon DooJoon?”

Min spoke up about that, “It is a misunderstanding. There is this Doo HyunSoo department head in our company. And I somehow always get his name and Yoon DooJoon's name confused. And during the thank-you speech, I was so flustered and I got the names wrong again. I really do not have any special relationship with Yoon DooJoon, I wanted to thank our department head.”

DJ Park SoHyun said, “I see.. Yoon DooJoon was quite troubled about what he had done to you that you had thanked him during your thank-you speech.”

The radio show will air on 13th August at 7pm.

S:Newsen + kbites

#13 xtlover15

xtlover15

all around kpopper

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31801 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:48 AM

[2010.10.13] G20 "Let's Go" Full Music Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ9R_FZwTQM

Credit: prismatic7forum

#14 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:10 AM

Video Teaser For miss A's "Good Bye Baby" Revealed Featuring Min!

After releasing miss A's audio teaser for their upcoming new song "Good Bye Baby", this time they release a video teaser for the song featuring miss A Min.

In the video Min is in front of a guy holding a bunch of roses then suddenly she slaps the poor man. Seems like the video will be a good one again.

Check out the teaser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdGXSe1JogY

miss A's "Good Bye Baby" mini album will be released on July 15th!

Source: phaaaaaam
Credits: dkpopnews

#15 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

Miss A Min "Slapping the guy on the teaser is not fake"

Minutes upon its release, miss A Min admitted that slapping the guy from the teaser was absolutely real. She even said she felt bad for it but at least the teaser came out really good right?

She said:

Posted Image

I was surprised on the impact when i heard the slap, but it's clear now. I felt bad for the guy too. This time it made me more excited for the whole music video, aren't you guys?

Source: Min's twitter
Written by: sukira @ dkpopnews

#16 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Min's concept photos for "A Class - Goodbye Baby"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Source: Nate

#17 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

miss A’s Min explains why she couldn’t join ‘Immortal Song 2′

miss A’s Min was previously included in the initial line-up for KBS’s ‘Immortal Song 2‘ but the appearance was canceled due to her preparations for miss A’s comeback.

Sitting down with Newsen, Min explained why she couldn’t join the lineup. ”Because of our comeback, we had a lot of recordings and rehearsals scheduled. I wasn’t able to join the show because it didn’t fit into my schedule.”

When asked whether she would like to join now if she had the chance, she said, “I don’t. I felt so pressured with our comeback. It wasn’t even enough to put 100% into our comeback preparations, and I knew that I wouldn’t be able to focus on two different things with a program on top of that.”

She added, “But I would like to join the program when miss A is on hiatus.”

Source + Photos: Newsen via Nate
Credits: VITALSIGN@allkpop

#18 gary 1991

gary 1991

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

OMG... "Min" if it has an amazing body! I like singing and dancing and like most of all as it comes in the photos, is a very sexy, I enjoy seeing her in the videos, it's beautiful :iloveyou:

Edited by gary 1991, 25 September 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#19 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 15337 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

Min’s sexy photoshoot for ‘L’Officiel Hommes’ + talks about her ideal type

Posted Image

Posted Image

miss A‘s Min unveiled an edgy new look for her pictorial with men’s magazine, ‘L’Officiel Hommes‘.

In her pictorial, Min transformed into a tough girl with a penchant for punk. She’s seen wearing heavy black eye makeup and long tousled hair; when combined with her black leather bodysuit and confident look, her photos exude an aura of confidence.

In her interview with the magazine, Min shared what she looked for in her ideal type. She said, “I want to meet someone who understands and wants to be a part of my life.” The idol also revealed her desire to act more after dipping her toes into the film industry with ‘Countdown‘.

Min also talked about her life at home sans her fellow miss A members. She said, “I’m trying to spend time with my family members as much as time allows. I even bought my grandmother a purse from the mall for her birthday.”

This issue will be hitting newsstands in November.

Source: TV Report via Naver News
Credits: mashimello @ allkpop

#20 Precious Pua

Precious Pua

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hey Say A~ favor.. can you please view my video~ It's for touch korea tour contest. Hope you could help me. I need as much video as I can. And I hope you could pass this also to your other friends,family,etc... THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!

http://www.ibuzzkore...ew.html?sn=1636

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: min, miss a

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google Mobile (1)